Chirp chirp, Nix the bird here! Let's recap on what happened last time! Matt, Yessenia, and Jaime all arrived at the city of Enheizer. It seems very lively, doesn't it?! In order for Jaime to avoid trouble, he decided to make an excuse saying that he caught Matt and Yessenia from running away and are about to be sent into the headquarters. Following that, the three of them enter the hotel and Yessenia takes a shower. Matt has his first serious conversation with Jaime. They've only been at the opposite ends of their friend group since the beginning. When it's Matt's turn to shower, there is a loud commotion and Jaime is gone. Matt and Yessenia head down to the basement to find a giant dark slime in the laundry room. Once they defeated it, Jaime appears and tells them to go and eat while he needs to buy better gauntlets. So, Matt and Yessenia are at the dining restaurant area but there is a mysterious man sitting nearby, marked with the letter 'O'! What could this be?!Episode 126 – Chasing after Nothing, Alex's Grimore Book is Defined!
Venus jumped down a cliff that led down to the city of Enheizer. She jumped on one builder after another without stopping. Alex tried to copy her but he was too afraid, knowing that he would slip and hurt himself until he reached the bottom. He began to treat every boulder like rock-climbing. Venus reached the bottom which was about 30 feet from the top. Alex was about six feet down. Venus screamed at him. "Hurry it up will you?!"
Alex yelled at her with fear, "S-Shut up! I'm trying here!!" Venus waited until Alex came closer to the bottom. When he was about 25 feet down, Venus commanded him to just jump off the rest of the distance. Alex insisted, so Venus decided to whip him.
Alex fell in pain onto the floor. Venus was in happiness now. "Yay! You're finally down here! Now come on, let's head over to the next place. The city looks so pretty."
Alex was coughing and grasping for air. "I'm like... half-dead right now. You should thank me for following along!"
"Heehee, that's nothing. I could have done everything myself." Venus ran up ahead and Alex frowned.
Venus and Alex arrived through a hole in the fence which was not of their concern. The thought of the other students coming through this fence did not occur to them. Unlike Matt and Yessenia, Venus and Alex had cleaner clothes as they have not gone through as much trouble. They were already hidden under buildings and leftover junk at the Junkyard when it was raining. In this case, not that many people were watching them. However, the civilians' clothes were slightly different compared to students from El Monte such as Venus and Alex. The two students arrived at the city center where there were many people trading goods just like in a swap meet. Many people were carrying wagons, purses, or even grocery bags.
Venus placed a finger on her lips to think. "Hm... you think these people are rich?"
"I don't know. They look like it. Why?"
"I'm gonna steal some money!"
"WHAT?!"
"Teehee, just joking. I'm really hungry though and we don't have enough money."
Alex grabbed her by the right shoulder. "Don't joke like that! Even if we don't have enough money, we can make it through alive. I bet this city has some clues on how to get back into the real world."
Venus groaned. "Aw... Where do you think we can find these clues? There are people everywhere." She took a glimpse of someone familiar. The curlyish hair was only shown, moving away in the crowd. There were other tall people walking around him. Venus tried to jump. "H-Huh? Hey!"
Alex grabbed Venus's arm. "Don't run off! What if I lose you?"
Venus pushed him away. "Let go of me! I think I saw him!"
"Who?- Wah-hey!!!" Alex was interrupted by the fact that Venus ran off without even thinking of what would happen after she may lose Alex in the crowd.
She kept trying to follow the curly-haired figure but it ran faster as well! Venus pushed through the crowd and many people yelled "Hey!" and "Watch it!" and other anguish comments. The hair disappeared into the crowd and she tried to remember where she last saw it. Apparently, she had circled the giant center and arrived at the fountain. She jumped onto the edges before she would have fallen in. "Woop! Ah!" She became disappointed that she had lost the curly-haired figure in the crowd, but she decided to continue looking for him.
Alex reached the fountain as well but he fell into the fountain, causing himself to become splashed with water. "Agh!" Many people nearby had laughed.
After several minutes of searching for this man that Venus was looking for, she decided to give up once she accidentally arrived in a dark alley. She said to herself while staring at the darkness of the pathway, "I doubt he went through this alley... Should I go anyway?" She took a step in. "Usually somebody will pop out of nowhere... Especially for a beautiful girl like me, teehee!"
A dark slime appeared in front of her and then from behind. Venus was surprised. She was angry now that the wrong expectations had appeared around her. "Oh poo, I didn't mean you ugly slimes!" She tried to whip the slime in front of her. It shattered all over the place but it was slowly coming back together into one slime. "Uh... Guess that didn't work!" She came up with another idea. She whipped the slime in front of her twice so that it could splatter all over the place again. While it was reforming back together, Venus kept running ahead. At the other end of the alley, Venus turned back to the slimes to see that they hesitated to come out into the light. She watched as they were mushing around. "Ahhhh, I get it now. They hate the sunlight! Now it makes sense. At the junkyard, it was usually dark so the slimes were everywhere. Now the only question is how they appeared."
Venus continued on ahead but she did not know where she was going. She arrived at a garden, similarly to a populated park on Earth. Many children ran around with kites and Frisbees. There were blankets spread throughout parts of the garden for picnics and a lake filled with ducks sprawled about. Venus placed her hand over her forehead so that the sunlight did not get in her way. "Oooh where am I now? This looks nice." She ran up to the shore area near the lake. She sat down in peace and then she looked at the sea. "...If only I know where you are..." She mumbled to herself. She then decided to close her eyes to rest at that very spot.
Alex, on the other hand, was trying to hide himself at the fact that he was wet from the fountain. A woman watched him struggling with his jeans which stuck on to him due to the wetness. The woman called him over into her house so that he could shower while she did the laundry for him. This took several minutes in the process and the woman was about finished with washing Alex's shirt.
Alex exited the showers and the woman explained to him, "Dear goodness, sir, your shirt is not of Enheizer-antics. Nor, have I ever seen this anywhere else!"
Of course, Alex lived on Earth, not on the World of Elsiya. He tried to lie, "W-Well yeah. I made it myself."
"Ah, it is indeed a nice fabric. Well, would you like me to buy you a set of Enheizer-wear?"
"No, it's okay. I'm fine with my own shirt. Thanks, anyway lady. I really appreciate your help!" Alex said in exhaustion. "I lost a friend and I'm trying to look for her. Her name is Venus."
"Venus? I have not heard of this girl. I sure do hope you find her, though. Enheizer gets pretty protective at night. Lately, we've had a few burglars here and there but it wasn't much of a problem. Like I said, Enheizer is protective when it gets late. I cannot grasp that fact enough, young man."
Alex began to panic. He placed both hands on his head and said, "Agh! I need to find her then! I'll be going off now!"
The woman stopped him. "Oh goodness, child. I have not finished drying your clothes! Please wait about ten minutes. It's barely the afternoon so you got a few more hours."
Alex sadly had to agree with her. He waited in the living room with his book lying on the desk. He took the book and he spoke to it, "This Grimoire book..." He lied on the couch and then he looked up at the ceiling. The ceiling fan was running and Alex stared at it, causing him to fall asleep.
His dream was more of a flashback. He could see the book on the desk in his Biology class. It was barely the first week of school, of course. He picked up the book and then he opened it. Most of the pages were in foreign writing. It was a bit too scientific for him, so he decided to go to the public library and research any foreign writings that matched with certain texts of the Grimoire book. Still, there was no luck.
Alex sat down in a position where he just wanted to give up searching. He tried for about almost five hours and spending any more time would hurt him. Besides, the library was almost closing up. Alex decided to walk home and then his book was shining. He dropped it as fast as he could, considering it could be like an Ouija Board. The creepy Grimoire book moved on its own, shining in a light blue color. The book opened and the pages flipped to a certain page that Alex could not decipher. Slowly, the light blue aura flew all around his neighborhood and then throughout the rest of the area. Only he could see this, however. He noticed that people down the street were walking as if nothing happened. They did however stare at Alex freaking out over 'nothing'. At that sudden snap, the whole world switched off and Alex was in a snowy area.
Already, there were a bunch of helicopters and armies all around the base area in the snow. Alex was with just a shirt and jeans. It was freezing. One CORP soldier had a rifle in his hands. His helmet covered his face, but Alex could tell that the soldier was confused at why there would be such a lost boy in the snowy plains. He called for other soldiers to help him into the helicopter.
From there, Alex was just an innocent boy when he was taken into custody, in a bigger airship, the Floyde. The more questions were asked, the more Alex became a suspect because he was not able to answer his whereabouts. Earth was nonexistent in the World of Elsiya. The soldiers believed that Alex was not being serious. This annoyed more of the soldiers, so he was taken as a peasant trying to lie his way through the situation. They all took him into the cellar which was already headed to the ruining city of Wisteria.
Alex was thrown into the cellar and he grabbed onto the cell, yelling, "I really don't know what's going on! You have to believe me!"
The soldiers were holding onto the Grimoire book. They opened it and the same foreign letters were shown. One CORP soldier said to the other, "What the hell is this bullshit? Throw it away."
The other closed the book and responded with, "No, it could be something important. Why else would this peasant boy be holding it instead of something more important like food?"
"Good point. Let's take it to the boss!" They both walked off together. Alex was left in the cellar.
He sat down mindlessly, thinking that his life was going to end. After all, he is stuck in a cellar with nothing to eat, and he has no idea on how to get back home. Most of the time he had no idea what was going on. He tried to go with the flow but he turned out to be in a cellar.
The large man sitting in front of him commented, "Hey, what the hell are you doing here?" Alex was frightened. He did not know what else to say. The man chuckled, "Heh, you must be a confused foreigner or something. You don't look like someone who even belongs here. What did you do wrong?"
"N-Nothing! I did NOTHING! I don't even know what's going on or where I am, or anything!"
"Dude, are you mad? You must have gotten into a coma or something because you're a bit out of it to me."
Alex clenched his fingers. "I don't care if I'm crazy. I just want to know how to get out of here. I'm still in high school, damn it!" He clenched onto the bars again and then he vigorously shook them.
"Hey, hey! Stop that! If the CORP soldiers hear you, they will come down here and whip you. I'm sure a scrawny guy like you wouldn't want that." Alex stopped this time. "Anyway, you might as well wait and rest for the night. By the morning, we will be taken to Wisteria."
"Wisteria? What's that?" Alex asked stupidly.
"It's a place... Do you not know your geography?" The man said. Alex said nothing. The prisoner continued, "Wisteria was once known as the third most grand city but due to a costly war, the city is going down the drain real fast."
The situation seemed confusing at this point. Alex began to wonder. "Then how come they are taking useless peasants to a dangerous place?"
"Well that's the thing. The soldiers don't know what to do with us and they don't even know when the war will end. Everything is utter bullshit if you ask me. Most of them don't even know what's going on. They just do what they have to do in order to fulfill their task as CORP soldiers. If anything, we would be moving again until we reach a safe place where we can do some slave work."
Alex crossed his arms in anger. "Ergh... that's stupid."
"I know. Well, I'm Steve, by the way. It was great talking to you. I'm going to bed." And before Alex could introduce himself, the man climbed onto his stone bed as he went to sleep. Alex did not want to bother him, so he decided to try and sleep as well. In his mind, nothing else could be done...
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Alex: This place sucks. Thinking about the past while I’m resting calmly?Venus: It’s your past. You’re the one thinking about it.
Alex: Get out of my past!
Venus: Too bad!~
Alex: And why are you relaxing?! I tried so hard to look for you!
Venus: Oh psch. I was running everywhere too.
Alex: Yeah, for this guy who I don’t know of. You keep saying ‘him, him, him’.
Venus: I couldn’t find him, okay?!
Alex: There you go again!!
Venus: Calm yourself! You miiiight find out on the next episode. Next time on episode 127, The Way to West Bridge, Rejoicing with Venus!!
Alex: Talking in third person?
Venus: I was just naming the title. You did this on the last episode too so I would be quiet if I were you.
Alex: Damn…



0 comments:
Post a Comment