Saturday, December 1, 2012

Episode 202 - William's Second Wind, Another Calcified Mystery

On the last arc, Rowen had taken advantage of Matt and Alex and was able to retrieve both the Bird’s Tear and the Rainbow Mist. Going back to Tigre Village, the Telsi Potion was made to revive his three old friends: Droan, Anietta, and Narisa! At a close pinch, the main group of El Monte was able to stop him with teamwork. Now that the potion has been used, how will the students return to Earth? Telgei appears and tells them that there is a possibility, but it would mean attending the Sunlit Mayhem. The ten students have been chosen and now the battles begin!
Episode 202 – William’s Second Wind, Another Calcified Mystery

            The stage was quiet, waiting for either William or Pippy’s first move. Shirley was standing backstage with her other eight friends. She remembered how she dealt with young Pippy back in Echoville. “That giant cat-…”
            “Dog.” Amy said as she giggled.
            “Yeah, yeah, yeah, dog thing, whatever it is. That Pippy is no joke, even when it was young.”
            Peter chuckled. “Ohoh. You were having trouble with a little animal?”
            Shirley clenched her fists. “It’s more than that, damn it!” She began to rage. “That damn Pippy’s gonna get it now! Watch! Just you watch!!”
            William coughed. “How come we aren’t moving?”
            Pippy wiggled around his side of the arena. “Ooh, no, no. You go first, you too kind.”
            William scratched his head. “What? Oh man… I’m fighting a nice doggy.”
            Pippy squealed. “You called me ‘doggy’!!! You a nice boy!”
            Shirley fell to the ground in dismay. “Auh… What is this…”
            Stan whispered to Matt, “Is this the same Pippy that Shirley is talking about?”
            Matt shrugged. “Never seen it in my life. Who cares.”
            Shirley said out loud, “Damn it William! Hurry up and take that damn cat down before he makes some tricky move!”
            “What bothers me is that Pippy is here in the Sunlit Mayhem. Then where does this leave Marri?” Yessenia wondered.
            Shirley said to the group, “That girl is really good with puppets. You have to watch out for her, if she ever gets into the stadium.” She looked over her shoulder to see that William and Pippy were still standing face-to-face. “Pippy… That ammunition on his shoulder looks really dangerous too.”
            Pippy began vibrating. “Oh… this feeling! I hate it!”
            “Hm? What is it now?” William said kindly as if they were already best friends.
            Van raised her fists, “Come on, take him down already, William!”
            “Beat that animal up!!” Maggie added.
            Julie was sitting in the crowd nearby them. “That is animal abuse!!”
            Jen tilted her head and then said curiously, “Julie, are you by any chance a vegetarian?” Julie became guilty.
 ~~~
            Pippy suddenly sneezed out loud and the ground crackled towards William. William jumped away swiftly and then he opened his book. Pippy coughed. “Ouchies!”
            William made the book float on its own while it was flashing. Alex was sitting next to Joey and Huy, commenting at the fact that even Alex himself could not activate the Grimoire book like that. While the book was in mid-air, this caused William’s aura to flash. “Soul Activate – Titan!” The crackle stopped and then a large ground beast appeared from the floor. “Soul Activate – Stalagmite!” The titan punched the floor and the crackles reversed back to Pippy.
Alex was amazed. “Whoa! What speed!”
Huy agreed with him. “William was nothing like this back at Lancer.”
Pippy ripped apart several ammunitions from his shoulder. Shirley covered herself. “Oh my gosh, he’s up to something!!”
            Pippy threw a bunch of gunpowder into its mouth. Christine was with Thuy. “Was that gunpowder? Is he planning to… suicide?!”
            Thuy called out to Pippy, “Don’t do it! Please!”
            Pippy laughed. “Beheheh!” He murmured with a bunch of bullets in his mouth, “You haben’t seen ne yet!” He tried to speak.
            William made the titan go away. He pointed at Pippy, “Soul Activate-…”
            Pippy jumped away. It knew of William’s tactics which was to attempt to control Pippy himself. Pippy then blew a bunch of bullets towards William. William made his titan appear again to block any ammunition coming closer to him. Pippy blew about give bullets towards William each second which barely gave William enough time to take his turn.
            Jenny had her hand over her chest. “Oh my… That dog is very quick. I hope William can pull through.” William and Pippy continued their long battle.
 ~~~
            Meanwhile, Winny jumped off of the ship and said to Omar and Jaime, “You know, we should have left those two prisoners back at Aielle Village. Why did they get to stay on the ship compared to Rowen, Droan, and Anietta?”
            Jaime shrugged. “Eh, I guess because Johan and Ghoul are considered one of us.”
            Omar interrupted him, “Hold on, since when?”
            “This is only until we return to El Monte. We can’t just leave them here.”
            “We’re leaving Rowen, Droan, Anietta, and Narisa here aren’t we?” Omar said.
            Jaime nodded. “Yeah, but Rowen has already lost all sanity and the other three vowed to stay. Besides, Narisa became the new spirit in the Greyton Oasis.”
            “I see where this is going. Are there any more places that need spirits?”
            Omar grinned. “Meh. Doing some research here in Elsiya months ago, I learned that there are actually two more right in the Sunlit continent.”
            Winny headed over to the nearby village of Arri. “Well, we might as well check out a map in the village to see what two places remain.”
            “Even I forgot what those two places were when we looked at the map with the rest of the group earlier.” Jaime added as he walked with Omar towards the village.
 ~~~
            At the village, the group of three students noticed that the whole place was quiet. Winny knelt down and then she wiped a finger across the concrete floor. “The cement here is pretty strong.”
            Omar kicked the ground and dust flew all over the place. “It is as if this whole village went through a Pompeii.”
            “Pompeii?” Jaime repeated.
            “It is a historical event that dealt with ashes which flew all over the place in England. This caused people to calcify.”
            Winny opened her mouth wide. “What are you saying?” She suddenly ran over to other places in the village and then she eventually came across a large amount of people. “This…!”
            Jaime and Omar were also in shock. “place is filled…!” Jaime continued Winny’s sentence. The three students could see a whole crowd of people already turned into stone!
            “Why though?” Omar said. “Even through all of my readings here in Elsiya, no book explained any kind of Pompeii or calcified bodies!”
            Jaime took a step back. “What a strange sight…” He almost tripped on a little dent on the ground. Jaime glared at the hole below him. “Hey, come check this out.” Once Winny and Omar followed him, Jaime pointed at the concrete floor, “You notice how we are stepping on semi-solid concrete?”
            Winny slid her fingers through the concrete again. “This does seem pretty recent.”
            “So someone was just here. But how does this connect with the person that was here?”
            “Solidified powers?” Winny suggested.
            “Well, why don’t we follow it?” Omar commanded as he followed the concrete footsteps.
            Winny suddenly felt her forehead. “This feeling… Ergh…” Jaime and Omar tried to help her up. Winny warned them, “I can sense it… Luther’s power.”
            “Right now?” Jaime searched the area. “But nobody seems to be nearby.”
            Winny began sweating. “Is he back…?”
            “Maybe William is currently battling in the Sunlit Mayhem.”
            “But I wouldn’t be able to feel his power from this far. There must be something else.” She followed the footsteps down south of the continent. Jaime and Omar went along with her.
 ~~~
            Back at the Aielle Mayhem stadium, William and Pippy were making quick movements that many of the audience could not catch up with. Van and Maggie were a part of the audience, cheering for William, hoping that he could win. Jenny was standing back stage with the rest of the participants, worried that William could injure himself. Interestingly enough, William barely moved his legs. He only needed his arms and the book.
            Pippy threw several bullets towards the book by accident and William was startled. He quickly made Titan appear to block the bullets. “I see your weakness! Hehe!” Pippy aimed for the book.
            William made the book float back to his arms and then he said happily, “Okay, time to play for real!”
            Shirley froze in surprise. “W-What?! He was just messing around the whole time?”
            Matt was amazed. “No way, he can’t be that strong!”
            William pointed at Pippy without chanting any spells. Pippy suddenly floated into the air and then William summoned titan again. The titan slapped Pippy’s bottom several times until Pippy was out cold. The whole audience was in awe. There was an utter silence. William yawned. “I think I need a rest.”
            “No way!” Venus gasped. “He did the exact same thing to Ghoul and Jennifer back at Tigre Village. He controlled the two of them one after another without any pause.”
            Maggie jumped in happiness. “I knew it! I knew he would win!”
            “Yay!!!” Van hugged Maggie. “The score is now 1 to 1!!”
            Brandon could see the telegram from the hospital. Lupe, Jennifer, and Bunny, who just entered a few seconds ago, were supporting Brandon. Brandon sighed. He wished to win just one battle like William did, but he knew that he still had some time left to redeem himself in the future.
            William headed into the backroom. Every student there congratulated him for his win. Yessenia said proudly, “At this rate, we might be able to win. We just have to wait and see for the next battle.”
 ~~~
            Heading closer to the south of Ellusion Continent, Omar commented, “This continent was named after an illusion. They say there is an ancient triangle here, much like the Plaines Triangle in the Marconian Continent.” The three students were walking through a large area now.
            Winny stood at a wide, open space filled with tall grass. “Come to think of it, we could be standing on an illusion.” She pointed at the faded footsteps, “We have been following those steps for a while but there have been no other leads.”
            Omar agreed with her. “Right. And if you noticed, the concrete was pretty new. If the concrete and footsteps suddenly stop right here, then there must be something here.”
            Jaime tried to remember the map. “There was this thing called the Forest of Trine… I think.”
            Winny took a step back. “Omar, can you use your sword on the grass?”
            “Why?” Omar questioned.
            “I said do it.” She said kindly. “Or else the other side of me will have to speak with you.”
            Omar rolled his eyes. “Tch. Damn it all.” Omar used his X-Slash ability to slice up the whole area. The tall grass was all cute and then he slashed into mid-air in order to blow all of the grass away. “Whoa!” Omar said excitedly.
            Winny raised her hands in joyfulness. “This is it! This must be the Forest of Trine!” Winny stood at one corner. “Now, if we all stand on one end.” Jaime and Omar took the other two corners. The triangle on the floor began to shine. A large building in the center opened up from the ground.
            “Awesome!” Jaime said. “A secret passage.”
            Winny started taking the steps at the entrance. “If this place was hidden after recently being stopped by cement and footsteps, then expect somebody to be here.”
 ~~~
            The spokesman announced through the microphone that the third match was already coming up next in order to keep the audience interested. The students back stage were ready for what was to come. William had already left to watch from the audience. “Whoever it is,” Yessenia spoke up, “we should be fine. Our only other guess is Marri. Lagi and Taiger are nowhere to be seen at the moment.”
            “Amy, on the red team!” Spokesman Gerald called.
            Amy’s heart skipped a beat. “I-I’m next?”
            Shirley patted Amy on the shoulders. “Amy, don’t worry. I think you’ll be fine.”
            “Oh what the? How come you’re nice to her and not us?” Peter commented.
            “You shut your mouth.” Shirley glared at him.
            Amy shivered. “I-I hope I can do this. I went this far, helping everyone out in the Marconian Continent.”
            Jenny remembered Amy’s battle with her. Matt also thought about when Amy raged once before during his short adventure with her in the Marconian Continent. Matt shook his head. “I agree. Amy, there’s nothing to worry about! Haha.”
            “And on the opposing side, Marri!” Gerald added.
            “I HAD A FEELING! Good luck with that one because she’s a tough girl! Ugh, damn her!” Shirley began raging on her own.
            Peter rolled his eyes. “What happened to the moral support?”
 ~~~
            Amy and Marri stood face-to-face in the stadium. Marri had a determined look on her face. Amy was blushing. “H-Hi… Hehe. Let’s have a fun battle, okay?”
            “Sh-shut up. I have to go through this on my own!”
            Amy frowned. “I’m sorry…”
            Shirley called at Marri from backstage. “You bastard! I thought you became a friend back at the Druskane Continent!!”
            Marri turned around and was surprised to see Shirley standing there. “Shirley?!”
            Shirley clenched her fists. “You have some nerve fighting against us El Monte students yet again! We won’t go easy on you!”
            Stan whispered, “Isn’t Amy the one fighting her though?”
            Marri shook in fear. “I’m sorry… I just… I have to win!!”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Amy: I-I’m sorry if this hurts you. I have to win this!
Julie: Come on, Amy! You can beat the crap out of her! Beat that human!
Jen: But her ears! They don’t look human at all.
Yessenia: She is about to fall!
Amy: I don’t think I can go on much longer!
Omar: So this city is messed up? Who is causing all of these people to suffer?
Jaime: Hey Winny, Omar said your Changmin ball is ugly.
Omar: What?! I-I didn’t say that!
Winny: How DARE you defy the beauty of Changmin!
Matt: That aside, we need beat all of the opponents of the Sunlit Mayhem! Next time on episode 203, If You Can Raise Your Hand, Then You Can Still Fight!
Winny: Come back here!
Omar: T-This girl is crazy!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment