Saturday, March 2, 2013

Episode 222 - Vanishing Students, Rosemead Infiltrates El Monte

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges, but are they ready? After finishing the first match, the El Monte students find that they have humiliatingly lost against all the other four schools. Even worse, one of the members of El Monte seemed to have mysteriously run away with Benny, a member from Rosemead. What does this all mean?
Episode 222 – Vanishing Students, Rosemead Infiltrates El Monte

            “Who’s there?!” Shirley exclaimed. She looked up into the sky and her friends did so as well.
            “One of the Elemental Guardians. We have spoken from a caller by the government that there has been some interference in the challenges.” The voice answered. The students were utterly shocked. “In an attempt to not interfere with the challenges even further, we have made it so that only you students can hear us.”
            Van and Maggie hugged each other. Jon said to the guardian, “What are you planning to do?”
            “We shall not let you escape this one.”
            “What does that mean?” Jenny had her hands over her chest which indicated her fear.
            A large lightning appeared above all of the interfering students. Van, Maggie, and Jenny screamed as loud as possible. Shirley knelt down. “What the heck was that for?!”
            “As a member of the Elemental users, you shall not disobey the rules of the Elemental Challenges especially even knowing the consequences.” A large aura appeared over each student.
            Emmy was shaking in fear. “Oh my gosh… This cannot be happening. Please, if you can listen to me, don’t do this! Don’t hurt them!”
            “We will not hurt these students any further. We have an interesting incentive for the El Monte students. As you may know, they are in last place and it seems they are not playing at their best.” The voice continued speaking, “As a matter of fact, the El Monte students in the game right now are glitching due to the excess amount of participants playing in this challenge.”
            Shirley screamed at the voice, “Fine! If it means protecting our friends from losing the challenges, take us away. I don’t care.”
            “Oh we will. We’ll also let your friends know about this. As for Emmy, she is joining along as well.”
            “What?! Why me?” Emmy panicked. “I’m a part of the challenges!”
            “For conversing with the intruders, you shall be imprisoned along with these students as well. Luckily for your school, the next match will just have to exclude you. This may be a problem though. I sense seven El Monte students still in the challenges aside from you five. I will have to look into this further.”
            Shirley thought in her mind, “Crap! Michael is one of them. Then… who is the other?”
 ~~~
            Winny crossed by a tiny little frog. “Oh, how cute! What’s a frog doing at a place like this?” The frog headed for the sidewalk. “Oh, oh! Stop right there, little cutie!” She then turned to her Changmin ball, “Don’t worry, I’m not leaving you. That froggy will be our little boy, or pet if you want.”
            The frog suddenly made a poof and smoke appeared. It turned one foot larger and then it squealed at her, “You leave me alone! I’m not just some little frog!” It used its legs to run.
            “What? You’re even cuter! COME BACK HERE, THING!!”
            “It’s ‘Pochi’, weird girl!! Go away!!”
            Winny grabbed onto the frog and then she squished it against her cheeks. “What a cute froggy!!! Oh my gosh, you’re going to be our son. Is that okay?”
            The frog bounced out of her arms and then it tackled her face. Winny was almost knocked over. “Take that, weirdo!”
            Winny felt her cheeks. “Did you just… Did you just…?!”
            “Haha! Mad already? That’s what happens when you mess with a little frog like me!”
            Winny closed her eyes. “Ergh… I can’t believe it… A cute little frog tried to attack me!! That’s so cute!!! Come here!” She began chasing after Pochi.
            “WHAT?! But why?!” Pochi began running away, crying.
            Winny and Pochi headed down long hallways and alleys. After several minutes, they ended up at a park, and then a lake, and even over bridges. It took about ten minutes of running. Pochi stopped on top of a bridge. “Why do you keep chasing me?! This is not cool!!” Pochi opened its mouth and out came a large bubble that flew towards Winny.
            “Bubble magic? What does that do?” Winny only stood still. The bubble surrounded her and she was unable to move. “Oh no! I can’t get out!”
            “Hah! Gotcha! Time to run. Bye bye!” Pochi began running away while Winny tried to follow, but the bubble only stayed in one place.
            “Ermph! Dang it…” She frowned.
 ~~~
            Matt headed for the next student that he would find. Johan and Ghoul appeared in front of him. Matt took a step back. “Oh crap. Where did you guys come from?”
            Ghoul yawned. “Mwah… We were hiding in a tree until someone came by.”
            “And look what we have here, an El Monte student. Could you be hiding our key?”
            Matt gasped. “What? I don’t know what you’re talking about. Bye!”
            Ghoul threw a drone at him. Matt exploded it with his fireball, but flames stayed around his body. Johan became confused. “That is some weird fire move.”
            Matt made Nix appear again. “Can you fight?”
Nix said slowly, “Not really… I am really tired for some reason. I’m sorry, giant man…”
Matt clenched his fists. “Damn. What’s going on?” He decided to create another Vermillion attack towards two of them, but a voice was heard from above. “I found one of the participants of El Monte!”
            Matt’s Vermillion vanished. Johan stared at Matt with a blank expression. “Are you trolling us or something?”
            “Matthew Tran, so it seems you have been cheating this whole time, haven’t you?” said the voice.
            Matt said to the sky, “Who are you? What are you talking about, ‘cheating’?!”
            “That soul partner of yours counts as an extra member. And from the beginning, you had seven participants because of him. One extra participant may not affect your powers, but as more keep appearing, you will become defective. In order to stop this, I must take Nix away.” The voice stopped and the three students were silent. “But it seems I cannot just take your spirit animal away by itself. I will have to disqualify you instead.” A large lightning appeared above Matt.
            “ERGH!!!!! You didn’t need to do that!”
            “That was to weaken you in case you tried to escape. Matt, you are out of the challenges.” A large aura appeared all around Matt and then he suddenly vanished. The South El Monte key was dropped and left on the floor.
            Ghoul’s mouth was gaped open. “What just happened? Who was that? Where did he go?! Mwah!”
            Johan headed for the key. “Who cares. That idiot didn’t even bother to fight back. But look at this, the South El Monte key, hehe.”
            Ghoul took a look at the key which Johan was holding now. “Mwah. It’s so beautiful. Shall we head back?” Johan agreed with him.
 ~~~
            After over thirty minutes, the telescreen rang and South El Monte was first in its victory. Alex, Jaime, Yessenia, and Winny were in awe. They could not believe that a school could finish a mission so easily. This victory gives South El Monte the highest possible score so far: 10.
            Sammy arrived at El Monte. Jaime noticed that she was wandering off on her own. “Isn’t that the girl that Matt was talking about? ‘Sammy’, was her name?” He then remembered Benny’s story between Sammy and Venus. “Wait, that’s her!” He thought to himself.
            Sammy closed her eyes. “You can come out now.”
            Jaime appeared from his shadow. “How did you know I was here?”
            Sammy shrugged. “I have the ability to foretell what goes on. For example, I can see you fighting another boy right here at this very spot pretty soon.”
            Jaime laughed. “So, you’re the girl who left after finding out about Matt and Shirley’s powers, huh?”
            “What if I am? I never told anyone since, heh. I kept my promise. You must be Matt’s friend. Nice to meet you, I’m Sammy.”
            “I know that. You are the girl who spoke to Venus since the time you left and now, right?”
            “Oh? You know Venus on a personal level? Wait, don’t tell me. I already foretold you saying ‘yes’ to that question.”
            “How ironic. The girl who had to be told if someone has fire or ice powers, is now able to foretell things before being told.”
            “What a rude thing to say to a lady. According to my foretelling, I see us winning-…” Jaime created a shadow behind Sammy and she negated by stabbing the ground with her scythe. “You have forgotten that I can foretell your actions, didn’t you?” Jaime then turned into a shadow. “I foretold that as well. Hum, hum!~”
            “You probably can foretell me, but can you predict me based on where I am?”
            Sammy shrugged. “Hmph.” She stabbed the ground with her scythe in a large circle so that Jaime could not reach her regardless of his shadow powers. She cut the ground in a way so that she was on a narrow pillar. “Don’t underestimate me just because I am a woman.”
            Jaime stood still. He wondered what his next battle plan should be. Sammy continued to speak, “Before I make matters worse, I would like to propose something.”
            “And what is that?”
            “You tell me who has the key, and I will leave this building alone.”
            “Isn’t that more of a threat? Or a lost cause – on you?” Jaime appeared from his shadow since he could not attack while being on shadow mode. He then quickly threw a Shadow Ball at her by surprise. Sammy stabbed through the ball and it vanished.
            Sammy fixed her glasses. “You’re an interesting rival, but I don’t have time for this.”
            “Were you always this uptight, missy? I’m sure Matt and Shirley wouldn’t want to see you like this.”
            “Tch, don’t even go there!!” She ran towards Jaime with her scythe. Jaime turned into Shadow Mode and then he ran near the building. Sammy ran towards the building as well. “I can predict where you’ll de-shadow yourself!” She stabbed through the building and the wall began to crack.
            Jaime appeared from his shadow and then another man came from behind the library with an explosion towards the same wall that Sammy stabbed. Jaime jumped away from the sudden surprise. “Damn it. Who the hell are you?”
            The boy, who resembled Romeo from the beginning of the Elemental Challenges appeared in anger. “I hate people!! I can’t stand them all!!!” He grabbed a piece of rubble and then he threw it at Jaime and Sammy. The rubble turned larger.
            “Crap. He’s here already?” Sammy commented. She then thought about something as she suddenly ran away. Jaime turned to her, “Hey what are you d-…” The large boulder almost attacked Jaime, but Jaime quickly turned into Shadow Mode.
            Romeo yelled again, “You bastards!! Ungrateful bastards!!!” He punched the ground several times and it turned into vines. Each vine gripped onto Jaime.
            “Who are you and what did you just do?! Let me go!” Romeo constantly destroyed the library simply by punching the ground next to it. Jaime examined him closely. “Those powers… It’s as if he could manipulate rubble… But why is he so angry?”
            Romeo began crying. Blood ran over his face and arms. Jaime said to him, “Hey, stop what you are doing! What happened to you?!” Romeo then took out a knife from his pocket. Jaime tried his best to clap his hands together in order to create a Shadow Imitation of himself. “(This is the first time I will try this. I hope it all goes well!)”
            Another shadow in Jaime’s form appeared and stopped Romeo from stabbing himself. The knife fell to the ground and Romeo began to cry out loud again. “WHERE IS THE KEY? GIVE IT TO ME, NOW.”
            Jaime’s Shadow Imitation disappeared due to instable usage, so he tried to strike the vines with his shadows which were successful. Jaime pointed at Romeo, “Dude, calm down! I don’t have the key, and I won’t hurt you either. What’s up with you?”
 ~~~
            After several minutes of calming down, Jaime and Romeo sat down together. Romeo wiped the blood off of his face with his own sleeves. “My… My dear Juliet has been kicked out from the first match.”
            “Is that a reason to go berserk?”
            “No, that’s not it. Dracula told me that if we don’t win first place, Juliet will die and disappear forever. I thought it was utterly cruel to participate in this, knowing that my dear Juliet will be dead.”
            “Dracula told you that?”
            “Yes… and it’s terrible!”
            “Dude, are you new to this?” Jaime questioned him as Romeo nodded. “From what I’ve heard, they only return back to Arkon’s Magic until the whole challenge is over. Are you sure Dracula told you all of this?”
            Romeo looked at his bloody hands. “Yes… He told me everything, and none of our friends said anything. They looked worried for Juliet, but that was it. I feel so useless. Everyone in my team is so much stronger than I am!”
            Jaime stood up. “That lying fiend.”
            “What do you mean?”
            “It makes sense now. He must have lied to you and taken advantage of you because you are new. It seems Mountain View must be eager to win this for some reason.”
            “They really like their powers, so they want to keep it. I honestly just want it to go away so Juliet and I can live in peace.” He looked up at the sky. “But, it’s too late.”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Alex: The story shifts over to other schools, but why would that happen? We’re supposed to be about El Monte!
Jaime: These savages…
Shirley: You self-centered people! We have to understand how much the students from other schools are going through.
Matt: Some of them are my friends. I wonder how strong they really are?
Alex: Next time, we’ll focus on two characters: Sith and Siyun.
Matt: Hey, I know Siyun!! She was kind of intimidating.
Alex: You’re telling us? I’m watching her fight as we speak. What is she, a monster?!
Shirley: She’s as quick as Sith!
Matt: Two pretty strong characters are going to fight each other. This battle will be crazy! Next time on episode 223, Sith’s Voice, True Meanings of Life!
Alex: Did that Sith guy just recycle his skin?!?!?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment