Recently
on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it
still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt,
Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to
the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as
the six members for the challenges, but are they ready? After finishing the
first match, the El Monte students find that they have humiliatingly lost
against all the other four schools. Even worse, one of the members of El Monte
seemed to have mysteriously run away with Benny, a member from Rosemead. Even
after the second, third, and fourth matches, El Monte placed last again! How are
they going to win now?
Episode 231 – Number 999, Alex’s Trump Card
Alex and Yessenia both appeared in
the center of the coliseum. There was a large ringing noise from the telescreen
which indicated that they were already starting. A hundred men came stampeding
towards the students and Alex began shaking in fear. The two students were
facing back-to-back, and Yessenia knew he was starting to regret staying in the
challenges. “Alex, do not be afraid of these men. You have made it this far, so
that should be the proof of your strength and determination.”
Alex shook his head. “I-I know.
But…”
Jon was backstage along with Benny.
“Is that Yessenia and Alex?!”
“Defeat them like how you would
defeat any other enemy, no matter the numbers!” She rushed towards the enemies
and then she started attacking with both hands. One Tornado Spin and about ten
of the men fell to the ground, already being unable to battle. Alex casted an
Aqua Ball that exploded in front of a few more men.
“Ah- aha, I think I got them!”
“Keep your guard up as well!”
“Huh?” Alex turned around and a man
was about to stab him. Alex casted an Aqua Tornado. Yessenia created a Pinwheel
that flew like a boomerang against several more men.
She laughed. “This is actually not
so bad. Hey Alex, want to try a duo-battle? Here you go!” She casted
Constricted Wind on several more of the prisoners. This was Alex’s cue to
attack with his Aqua Strike.
“H-Here I go!” Alex gave the last
attack which defeated the last few prisoners from the hundred mark. “They’ve
all fallen!” He cheered. “We did it!”
Jon sighed. “Phew. They really are
something now, aren’t they? They’re much stronger than I remembered…”
“Look out, another batch of them are
coming.” After their first hundred, the timer was already at six minutes.
Yessenia noticed that their weapons have become longer-ranged. “Hmph. I guess I
need to start practicing my Second Wind here.” She opened her arms and then she
used her right hand to cast a Tornado Spin.
Alex was surprised. “Hey! You can do
that too?” He did the same, and he used his left hand to cast Splasher.
“Heh, it is a good thing we had us
both in this match then.” She pushed the Tornado Spin at the long-ranged
prisoners. Alex took advantage of his Splasher to counter any arrows that came
his way. Yessenia had to use her Wind Counter ability and Alex became a Water
Subordination in order to guard against any of the enemies that shot with their
arrows and guns.
While
guarding, Alex clapped both of his hands together. “Waterplosion!” A large
amount of water appeared above the prisoners and it exploded like a
mini-Tsunami. It was flowing everywhere in the coliseum. Yessenia pushed the
remaining water back at the enemies with her Wind Counter again.
After about ten more minutes, the
second hundred enemies had fallen. Alex gave Yessenia a high-five. “With this
teamwork, nothing will stop us lions!” Alex said to her.
“Agreed. You have become a lot
stronger too. I have noticed.”
Alex blushed. “Y-You think so?!
Thanks!”
Eighty more enemies appeared from
backstage. “Here they come. We can celebrate later.”
~~~
No matter how many enemies came by,
Yessenia and Alex continued to focus even more on their strengths. “I could not
believe what I was seeing.” Jon thought to himself. “I thought they would have
trouble by the 300th enemy, but they seem almost fine. They may look
a little tired, but… these lions continued to roar on stage. Nobody was able to
stop them.”
It was about time when Yessenia had
to use her stronger spells like Cyclone and Alex began to add his Steam Blower
into his collection of attacks. One after another, the two students fought
their best. After about an hour, the two of them reached their 959th
enemy.
Benny said to Jon, “They are not
that strong. Even at this number, they are still struggling compared to the
other schools.”
“Excuse me?” Jon became annoyed.
“You’re not one to judge yet.”
The next twenty enemies were two
times larger than both Yessenia and Alex. They all had wrecking balls attached
to chains. “They’re much larger…” Alex said. “Yessenia, I’m going to have to
give it my all at this round or else.”
“Already? But that is risky for the
enemies later on. If you think about it, the numbers are decreasing and I would
guess that the enemy count stops near 1,000.”
“I know, but that’s why I need to give it my all. My special
attacks are area-of-effect, meaning they’ll attack a large area in this field.
If I do that now while there are still a lot of enemies, I’ll make use of the
spells. Once the number of enemies decreases later on, it will be a waste to
cast such a large magic.”
“That is a good point now that you
mention it.”
“Thanks.” He began to cast his
spell. “O Ruptures of the Sea…”
One large ogre tried to throw his
wrecking ball at Alex so he could stop casting. Yessenia ran in front of him
and then she used a Wind Counter and then she made a Heavy Strike at the air in
front of her. The air strike flew at a quick speed which knocked down the ogre.
“Ravage against the negative sea
floor and push against the shore…” The ground below the ogres began to break
and a sea of water appeared. “Oceanic Wave!” The water quickly flew upwards and
then it fell back down in a circular motion that severely injured every single
one of the large enemies. After about ten seconds, they all fell.
Yessenia examined the number count.
“979 enemies defeated!”
Alex shook his head. “Heh.” He began
to kneel down. “But… I’m getting really exhausted.”
“Do not push yourself! Remember,
this happened to Santi when he went over his power limit.”
Ten more enemies appeared and this
time, they were three times larger than the two students. Jon took a step back.
“Now hold on. How come the other schools got easier enemies when they reached
their 980th enemy?!” Nobody said anything. “Can’t anyone see how
rigged this is?!”
Yessenia made her long sword flash
green. “Then, I guess I will take over for this one. You rest for now!” She ran
towards one of the large ogres. “Hah!” She growled as she Gust Slashed one of
them. The ogre did not fall yet. “Air Tornado!” She was able to drag two ogres
into her attack. “It is time I get creative.” She took a step back and then she
called out, “Tempest!!” She spun herself with her sword sticking outward. She
took advantage of the air below her so she could push herself upward towards the
enemies, slashing them in a quick and circular motion against three of the
ogres.
The number count went up to 982.
“Cyclone!” She called out. With the Cyclone, she used her other hand to attack
with a Heavy Strike. “983!” An ogre from behind punched her across the
coliseum. She tried to keep her balance after being slammed against the floor
several times. “Ergh! You are going to pay for that.” She flashed her green
long sword again, “And this time, it will not be pretty!”
Alex watched as she sliced up the
six remaining enemies. It may have taken her minutes, but he was still
surprised that she was able to withstand all of those ogres without completely
losing. “If only I was as strong as her…” He thought. “No. I have to think
positive. I’m here to help defeat all of these prisoners!”
The number count went up to 989. By
now, Alex had enough energy to cast another large spell. “Yessenia, move aside.
These five people are easy to handle as a group.”
Yessenia shook her head. “I will
help stop them from moving while you cast. Are you sure you have enough energy
though?”
“Yeah. It’s been several minutes.
Let’s do this!” He began to raise his hands towards the sky. “O Sea of
Misfortune…”
One of the women jumped up and then
she threw smokeballs towards them. “Oh no you don’t!”
Yessenia threw a pinwheel at the
ball which exploded in midair. The sky became gray, covered in smoke. “hear thine
voice from an Earthian soul…” The other four moved away from Alex’s target
area. Yessenia created a Constricted Wind to push them all back together into
one spot. “arise at the name of all destruction and bow to the water wielder…
Cataclysm!!”
A large tsunami-like raid of water
appeared from below, recycling the same water from his Oceanic Wave spell.
Yessenia focused her Constricted Wind on every five prisoners. The Cataclysm
splashed them all into obliteration. The number count went up to 994. Three
more men appeared from backstage. “No break, huh.” Yessenia commented.
Alex leaned his right arm in front
of Yessenia. “Wait.” He said. “I want to do this one too.”
“What?” She noticed he was
exhausted, his clothes were severely ripped from battle, and he could barely
stand. “You need to rest. Any excess in power usage and you are gone!”
“At this time last year, didn’t
Santi use his powers excessively?”
“Even I am not sure, but it must
have happened back in Echoville.”
“That was one year ago. An extra
year to increase your maximum output should be enough for me to use this one
last spell that I want to try.”
“Did you ever practice it?”
“No, but I have hope that I can do
this!”
“But Alex…” Yessenia was actually
feeling worried about him. She closed her eyes to think about it for a moment.
The three men were coming closer. She shook her head. “Alright, go for it. But,
be careful!”
“Yeah.” He nodded as she clapped his
hands together. “This might be my last move, but if it lasts long, it can keep
going until the end of the battle!”
“What does he mean ‘it can keep
going’?” Yessenia wondered.
Alex slapped the ground in front of
him and a light blue seal started overtaking the floor. It spread all around
him and Yessenia and out came a silhouette of a familiar-looking girl. “Come
on, best friend. You can take them down!” Without saying any more, the
silhouette moved on her own.
Yessenia’s eyes were wide open. This
was an extreme amazement for her. “How in the…?”
The silhouette softly spread her
arms and then she snapped her fingers. Several pieces of water balls appeared
around the three men and they splashed vigorously. Alex stood there, watching
her. He explained to Yessenia, “This is… the silhouette of Mariel. I had a
dream before this match… And she appeared to tell me there is hope to move
forward and become stronger.” He chuckled as he began to cry. “She even called
me an idiot as she laughed. That is so like her. And now, look at this. She is
fighting by my side, and even on her own will.”
Yessenia grabbed onto Alex’s
shoulders as he kneeled down. “Wait, how much energy is that silhouette taking
from you?!”
Alex smiled. “Don’t worry. It
doesn’t seem like she’s taking much of my energy. This is a really good thing
because she can fight on her own. It only takes energy to summon her.”
“I see…” She watched as the
silhouette of Mariel continued to fight. Several splashes, water stabs, aqua
strikes, nebulas, every creative movement possible were being done to defeat
the three men. One after another, they had fallen. The enemy count went up to
997.
Jon and Benny appeared from the
coliseum. Yessenia fell onto the ground. “What is this…?!”
Alex scratched his head in
confusion. “Isn’t that also the guy from Rosemead?”
“I was caught interfering with the Elemental
Challenges.” Jon said. “And I have been banned. The only way to be free, is to
defeat you two.”
Alex turned to Yessenia, “What does
this all mean?”
“We… have to lose on purpose, if it
means saving Jon?”
Jon sighed. “Still, this shouldn’t
be the reason why you guys lose. I will give it my all! And please, Yessenia,
you have to do the same!”
Yessenia wanted to fall into tears.
“No, I cannot do this to you. Not this time. We went through so much already!”
“I know that!” He became angry.
“That doesn’t mean you should go easy on me, damn it!”
Benny suddenly flew towards Yessenia
and Alex in an instant. Alex gasped. “Wait- what?!” Benny slashed Mariel’s
silhouette and she shattered. “Wh-…” He suddenly felt weakened by Benny’s dark
aura.
Yessenia tried to move away because
his dark aura automatically weakened his opponents, but she could not make it
in time. She was not able to move. Jon said to Benny, “H-Hey! Don’t go
overboard!” Benny created a Dark Plasma that flew through Jon which caused him
to immediately faint. The number count went up to 998. He did the same to
Yessenia but she tried to guard with her long sword. The long sword shattered
and the Dark Plasma flew past Yessenia.
Yessenia knelt down. “What the hell
was that?! How did you do that?” She fell face flat onto the ground.
Benny raised his hands in victory.
“We are free.”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Yessenia: The final match is about to begin, but I do not have enough
energy recovered to continue onward.
Alex: Wh-what
are you trying to say?
Matt:
Where am I?
Winny: Matt!
I haven’t seen you in a long time. It’s like you were out of the challenges for
such a long time.
Matt:
Gee, thanks for the reminder. I WAS BANNED.
Shirley:
At any rate, it’s convenient that most of us were sent to the same room.
Jaime: It looks like some strange asylum
to me.
Winny: Or a sponge.
Shirley: What the hell are you talking
about?! We really need to get back home and safe!
Layla: A fixed final match? Not on my
watch!
Irene: You’re in my way!
Matt:
The final match is starting and it looks like we have to make sure South El
Monte comes in last and Rosemead comes in first. How is this going to be
handled? Next time on episode 232, Alone in the Free-For-All Battle!
Alex:
So who’s staying for the last match?
Yessenia: That should be obvious by now.



0 comments:
Post a Comment