Saturday, April 27, 2013

Episode 234 - Lost, Into the Eternal Nothingness

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges, but are they ready? After finishing the first match, the El Monte students find that they have humiliatingly lost against all the other four schools. Even worse, one of the members of El Monte seemed to have mysteriously run away with Benny, a member from Rosemead. Even after the second, third, and fourth matches, El Monte placed last again! The fifth match proved El Monte’s worth, but the sixth has become fixed towards the wrong direction! Have they been interrupted?
Episode 234 – Lost, Into the Eternal Nothingness

            The Eternal Nothingness was an infinitive place with almost no end without an exit out. The sky was draped in forever purple and the atmosphere was dry. Plants have withered many decades ago and the climate has been dead for a long time. The only living things in this world were the prisoners who were recently sent to this area who have long been stepping on dry ground with no food to eat.
            Everyone wore gray leather that was left to rot from decades ago. Van sneezed again. “I really hope Maggie is okay.” She said to Jenny.
            “She’ll be fine. Maggie is a battle-girl! She won’t just sit around and listen to people say terrible things to each other.” She said softly. “Even if Maggie seems like an irrational person who doesn’t care much about others, I know in her heart, she does. She has feelings, just like everybody else.”
            “You’re right… Hehe.”
            “Of course, that is one of my main reasons why I’m her friend. We all care about each other in heart.” Jenny stopped talking. There was an awkward silence.
            Van sat down next to her. “Hey Jenny, if one of us were to disappear when we become old, what would you do without us?”
            “That is a good question. I will live on. I cannot let a close friend’s death stop me from staying happy. I’m sure you or Maggie wouldn’t want me to grieve over your death forever, right?”
            “Do you think it will be easier said than done?”
            “I’m really sure it is, but at least having that strong hope in our hearts will be good enough to strive forward. A friend named Amy taught me to listen to whatever is in my heart and believe anything that can help me stick with a positive attitude.”
            Van hugged Jenny again. “You’re a good friend, Jenny. Did you know that?” Jenny blushed. “I treat you like a big sister! You know how to deal with troubles and you still keep a smile on. It’s really ironic for you to have demonic powers. Hehe!”
            Jenny closed her eyes. “Thank you, little sis. Sometimes, even I look up to Maggie because she is so strong-willed on her own.”
            Maggie was standing outside of their tent. She began to cry. “Even knowing we’re all going to die here… they have the nerve to compliment me for being such a bad friend… What have I been doing all my life? I don’t deserve nice friends like them.” She thought to herself.
 ~~~
            One of the guards back at the asylum yawned. “Alright kids, we’re going to send you back to Earth. And good news: I was told that Earth will not be frozen anymore. The price to going back is that you’re going to lose your powers, as stated since you lost terribly in the Elemental Challenges-… What?” He gasped. “Where did they escape to?! GAH! I have to tell the government!” He suddenly froze. Without any sight at all, the guard then fainted from a mysterious force. Perhaps, it was the same mysterious aura that set Matt and his friends free from the asylum…
 ~~~
            Alex, Irene, Siyun, Romeo, and Layla all appeared at once in the Eternal Nothingness, but at a completely different area from the trio-sisters and the prisoners. Alex began to panic. “This is the place that we’re going to die in?! Augh!!!”
            Irene pushed him down. “You’re in my way.” She kept walking with her eyes closed.
            Layla rolled her eyes. “She thinks she’s cool.”
            Romeo fell to his knees. “We’re all hopeless!”
            “Where do you think you’re going to anyway?” Layla said with an attitude. “This place is dead.”
            Irene stopped without turning around. “Away from you people.”
            “Tch! We have to stick together to find a way out of here. You think I want to be stuck with you people?”
            “We got a whiner, a crybaby, a weird ninja girl who barely speaks at all, and a bitch who doesn’t shut the hell up.” Irene recalled.
            “What did you call me?!” Layla shouted. Siyun casted a Paralysis Seal on Layla so she could not move. Layla went on, “Just because you beat me doesn’t mean you have the right to call me that! I demand a rematch, you ugly woman!”
            Irene eventually left into the midst of nothing. None of the students could see her now. After the awkward silence, Romeo said to them, “So what now?”
            Layla looked away. “Hmph! You weaklings can figure it out yourself. I’m so done.”
            Siyun began walking away. Romeo followed her. “You look like you know where you’re going. Can I go with you?” Siyun only nodded as she kept going. Alex simultaneously turned to Siyun and Romeo, and then to Layla.
            Layla screamed, “Well are you at least going to cancel the Paralysis Seal on me or what?!” While she was shuffling out of the paralysis, Siyun canceled the seal and Layla fell to the ground from her imbalanced motion.
            Alex coughed. “Um, are you alright?”
            “Y-You shut up!” Layla blushed.
 ~~~
            Back in the trio-sister’s tent, Van woke up from a nightmare. “Ah!” She whelped.
            Maggie whispered to her, “Sh, sh!! The men will figure you out by your voice. Some probably remembered how you sound like.”
            Van sighed. “I know, I know. I just dreamt of falling down a cliff and it startled me, you know?”
            “Haha! So you had one of those kinds of dreams.”
            “What’s so funny? It was scary.” She frowned.
            “Oh nothing. Just… um, trying to keep a positive attitude.”
            “Ah, I see. That’s healthy! Wait, where is Jenny?”
            Maggie pointed outside the tent. “It’s her turn to go outside and search for water and food. I tried to find some but it was completely empty. We switched shifts while you fell asleep.”
            Van grinned. “I hope she’ll be fine.”
            “Of course she will be fine. She has a hoodie on and nobody noticed me while I was out there. I made it in the clearing, hehe!” The two girls then heard an argument between two guys.
            “Well, you need to search faster if you want find food as soon as possible!” One said.
            “I can’t always help your sorry ass. Just because I helped you before doesn’t mean I will do it all the time. I suggest you get your spoiled ass out of your seat and start helping!”
            “Excuse me? I’ve done so much while you were napping all day. Don’t judge me that way!”
            “Shut the hell up, liar!”
            “I’m the liar?!”
            Maggie clenched her fists. “They are getting so annoying. It sucks that we can’t do anything about it because they’ll find out it’s us.”
            Van shivered. “It’s also cold. I don’t like the atmosphere in this world at all. We’re just sitting here to rot and die.” The girls could hear the men punch each other. Their silhouettes from outside the tent were shown. They clashed into more men and eventually, a whole crowd began to fight with each other. Van covered her ears, “It’s so scary out there. Why won’t they stop?”
            Maggie tightly hugged Van. “It’s okay. It’s okay… It’ll stop eventually.”
            Suddenly, they heard a scream from far away.
 ~~~
            Jenny fell to the ground and a bunch of men accidentally stepped over her throughout their fight with each other. Eventually, Jenny’s hoodie was pulled down from her head. One man noticed her. “A woman? Here?”
            “No, it’s a girl! And…” The man said in fear. “She looks like that little girl’s friend!”
            “Which little girl?”
            “Van, was her name right?”
            “No way! Are you serious?”
            Jenny watched them. The crowd began to surround her. They were surprised to see that Jenny, one of the trio-sisters appeared before them. Jenny tried to stand up but one man kicked her. “Ow! Please, stop that!”
            The man raised his fist. “So you’re one of those girls, eh?”
            Maggie opened the tent and they could see a crowd going on. “Oh no. That could be Jenny!”
            Van pushed Maggie aside. “That can’t be! Get out of my way!” The two girls began to rush over to the crowd.
            Another prisoner kicked her down again. “You damn child! If you’re here, you must know where that Van girl is! Tell us!”
            Jenny still said nothing. Van and Maggie constantly tried to push the prisoners out of the way to reach the front of the crowd. One of the men grabbed Jenny and dragged her across the floor. The crowd was pushing Jenny towards a dead end, it seemed. Jenny did not cry. She tried to think positive. “Please, let me go. I know nothing about Van or Maggie!” She lied.
            “Stop messing with us! It makes no sense to have missing people here. They’re here somewhere!” People from the crowd began to talk louder.
            Van and Maggie eventually reached the front. They could see Jenny standing at the edge of the cliff! Van tried to step forward but Maggie stopped her. Van whispered, “We have to do something!”
            Maggie shook her head. “Jenny will go into her demon form and fly away. I just know it!”
“Tell us where that girl is!” One man yelled.
            “I’m telling you, I don’t-…” She suddenly took sight of Van’s innocent face hiding within her hoodie. Van’s tears became dry, waiting to hear Jenny’s reply.
 ~~~
            “OOH you’re almost done aren’t you?!” Van had her head over Matt’s left shoulder.
            Matt jumped in astonishment, “Gah!! How long have you been putting your head there?!”
            Van stood away, “Geez, only for a second, really. You’re so mean.” Her friend next to her began to giggle. Van reached for the glass, “It’s a pretty hot beaker. Hotter than most of the groups’ beakers.”
            Matt stopped to think then he chuckled, “Shh, hehe. I blew in it to make it even warmer.” He looked away, grabbing onto his collar in guilt, “(Pretty good lie, I guess.)”
            Van placed the beaker on the table, “Really? Wow… Come on, Jenny! I want my beaker as warm as his. I think the warmer, the better!”
            Jenny giggled, “Heh heh, yaaay.”
 ~~~
            Maggie pointed at Santi, “Don’t you talk to my best friend like that!”
            Jenny took a step back, “Oh my gosh, you two should calm down, please.”
            Matt exclaimed, “Jenny! Where have you been? You should take care of these two girls. They’re too crazy.”
            Jenny began to laugh, “Oh I’ve tried!”
            Matt said to her, “You’re the only normal one of the three girls here. I think you should be the one to calm them down in the future.”
            Jenny giggled too, “Heehee, I see what you mean. Haha.”
            Matt said slower, “Seriously, it’s… not that funny.”
            “Hehe, I know. I’m sorry.” Jenny giggled again.
 ~~~
            Jenny turned around in shame. Her face was still emotionless, but her heart was saddening even more. Her steps were becoming harder to hear as she walked further away from Amy. Amy suddenly spoke. “S-Stop… Jenny…” Jenny quickly turned around once she heard Amy. “Why are you… letting your body… take over your emotions? Shouldn’t you listen to your heart more instead of your own actions?”
            Jenny’s eyes opened widely. “How dare you say that to me!” Jenny created a dark-purple beam.
            “I don’t care if you hurt me. I wouldn’t be worried.” Amy said with a smile. Jenny became annoyed. Amy went on, “The Jenny I know wouldn’t do that. She’s too nice for that!”
 ~~~
            Jenny’s heart skipped a beat and then she made her body fly towards Amy. Jenny grabbed onto Amy’s hand while still in the air. The demonic tension in Jenny’s body was seaming now. The armor was dying off on her. As her wings vanished, Jenny fell on top of the remaining rooftop with Amy under her arms. Jenny began crying. “I couldn’t do it… What is wrong with me?”
            Amy still spoke with a broken voice. “It is what your heart is telling you, Jenny…”
            “My… heart?” Jenny asked herself. She then thought about the same moment when somebody else told her the same thing.
 ~~~
            At the end of the prison, Jenny was broken free. Jenny was surprised. “You guys… came here, for me?”
            Van gave her a thumbs-up. “We’re friends. Don’t you forget that!”
            Jenny began crying. “You guys are the greatest friends ever!! I’m sorry I caused so much trouble to you all!”
            Maggie laughed. “Ahahah! Don’t worry. It was my idea anyway.”
            “Excuse me?” Van said angrily.
 ~~~
            Jenny remembered all the times her friends have helped her along the way, especially Van, Maggie, Amy, and Jon. She closed her eyes, thinking carefully. Then, she glared at all of the men. “No. I don’t know where they are. Even if I did know, I wouldn’t tell the likes of you dirty men.” She began to cry as she turned to Van and Maggie. She took a step back and she fell into the bottomless pit below the cliff.
            Van began to shuffle against the men beside her but Maggie held onto her. “NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!” She screamed from the bottom of her lungs. She quickly turned away and ran out of the crowd. Maggie tried to grab her but she was too slow. It seemed as though Van was too heartbroken to use her powers for revenge on the men.
            “Sucks that she was gone. I didn’t expecting that, haha! But the other two people just ran off. It must be Van!” The crowd began to move, laughing and feeling happy even after a girl had taken her life to save her friends…
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Alex: I guess we’re going to side-track to another story in the same time.
Shirley: Aw what do you mean by that?
Jaime: Interesting. It looks like we’re going to see how Arkon’s Magic is doing. After all, we haven’t seen our other friends in a while.
Jenny: I really hope they’re okay.
Maggie: Why worry about them?! We’re the ones in danger here!
Alex: Where’s Van?
Shirley: Ooh are you worried?~
Alex: What do you mean? No way!
Winny: I’m sensing something.
Alex: Y-You be quiet too!!
Matt: Alex begins to worry about Van! Next time on episode 235, Diversion to Old Friends, a Glimpse in Arkon’s Magic!
Alex: HEY! THAT’S NOT WHAT THE EPISODE IS ABOUT!
Jen: I finally get to do something! I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment