Saturday, April 13, 2013

Episode 232 - Alone in the Free-For-All Battle

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges, but are they ready? After finishing the first match, the El Monte students find that they have humiliatingly lost against all the other four schools. Even worse, one of the members of El Monte seemed to have mysteriously run away with Benny, a member from Rosemead. Even after the second, third, and fourth matches, El Monte placed last again! The fifth match proved El Monte’s worth, but will they be able to survive within the last match? What is going to happen after the last match’s victory?
Episode 232 – Alone in the Free-For-All Battle

            Yessenia and Alex were in their respective El Monte portal. Alex was facing the door to be exempt from the last match. “Yessenia… Are you feeling better?”
            “A little. That guy’s dark magic is wearing off.”
            “But still, we are in danger. The score says that South El Monte is at 24 points and Rosemead is at 20. The only chance we have next round is to have South El Monte place in last while Rosemead must place first. Until then, we will only have a tie. What happens then once the challenges is finished?”
            Yessenia began to cough. “Urgh… Who knows, but that is a good question. Alex,” She said, “Are you… still up for the last match?”
            Alex jumped. “W-What?!?! M-M-M-Me?! But, but! You’re so much stronger than I am. I think you have much more potential than I do.”
            “You might think that, but in reality, you have more tricks up your sleeves. Besides,” She chuckled, “as of right now, you have more energy to keep going. Benny’s dark magic got me deep, and it is taking a while for me to recover compared to you.”
            Their portal began to flash and the last riddle appeared. Alex examined it: “Free for all.” He took a step back. “Nuh uh. No way. There is NO WAY I can do this one this time, Yessenia. Please, you have to help me!”
            Yessenia tried to stand up as she leaned on a pedestal behind her. “Not this time. Alex, you have to fight for yourself. It is a good way to learn how to survive on your own.” She began to limp towards the opposite side of the room. “I do not know… where everyone in our group went, nor would the other schools know about their friends, but I am sure… we are all safe and sound somewhere.”
            Alex began to cry. “A-Are you leaving me alone against all those scary people out there?”
            Yessenia answered him, “We defeated 998 enemies out of 1,000. To be honest, I feel as if you racked up most of the monsters compared to me. Stop being afraid. You can do this. Besides, now that I think about it, you are not alone wherever you go.” She smiled and gave him a thumbs-up.
            Alex wiped his tears away. He knew Yessenia was talking about Mariel’s silhouette. “M-Maybe you’re right. Maybe I can do this!” He said nervously as he headed for the next portal. Alex sighed. “Man… who knew out of all of us, I would be the last one in the challenges… Well, here I go, I guess!”
 ~~~
            Matt suddenly fell from midair. “OOF! HEY! Where the hell am I?!”
            Winny suddenly ran up to him. “MATT!! You’re alive and breathing somehow!” She hugged him. Her giddy personality suddenly turned into her serious personality. “Get away from me and don’t ever touch me again.”
            Jaime, Shirley, and Michael were all sitting with each other in the same room. It seemed to be some kind of asylum-looking room to them. Matt was very relieved to see that everyone was okay, and vice-versa with the other students.
            Jon, followed by Yessenia, appeared in the room as well. Jaime and Shirley got off their seats. Shirley pointed at Yessenia, “Excuse me?! Who said you could quit the challenges?!”
            Jaime panicked. “Are you telling me that Alex is out there in the final match?!”
            Jon shrugged. “Thanks for the warm welcome, you guys.” He noticed nobody really cared that he was there.
            Matt patted Jon’s shoulder, “Hey, didn’t know you were here either. Bahahah!”
Nix appeared from Matt’s soul. “Same with me!”
            Michael was still sitting down being calmer than everybody else. “It looks like we have our powers again.”
            Jaime sighed. “It won’t be for long though. After this match, El Monte is going to lose their powers for sure. I mean, we are totally in last place after all.”
            Yessenia explained to them, “From what I remember, South El Monte has 24 points, Rosemead is next with 20 points, and then it is Arroyo with 14 points, Mountain View has 12, and… I think I should stop there.”
            “What about El Monte?” Shirley wondered.
            Matt hid into the corner. “Oh my freaking… We placed in last in all five matches didn’t we?”
            “…5 points.” Shirley froze. “That… is wonderful.”
            Jon interrupted them, “Guys, let’s forget about this nice reunion for a second and think about who is missing here: the trio-sisters! Jenny… She’s not here.”
            “Do you have a thing for Jenny?” Jaime questioned.
            “No, be quiet. I’m just worried because she’s the nicest person I have ever met, yet she was apparently placed into this world of ‘nothing’!”
            Matt was shocked. He remembered what Colonel Artemis said about an ‘eternal nothingness’. “Wait, where is this place? Tell me!”
            “Matt, you idiot, none of us has any data on this place.” She looked away. “And even if we do find them… I don’t know if I can show my face around them again.” The group became quiet. “I remember it. I was the one who brought the extra El Monte students into the Elemental Challenges. I only wanted to meet Emmy before one of us lost our powers, but… the people, whom they call themselves the ‘higher officials’ easily found us and jailed us. But now that we’re being set free, they put us in the same room as the participants of the Elemental Challenges, except for Van, Maggie, and Jenny…”
            Winny sighed. “That’s a relief. Pochi is still safe and sound somewhere.” She suddenly hugged her Changmin ball. “But I’ll still love you the most, Changmin!~”
            Yessenia ignored her. “Into the bigger matters here, there seems to be no way out of this room until the higher officials set us free back home on Earth once the challenges are over. From then, we will be normal students with no powers for sure.”
            “I’m going to miss my powers…” Shirley said slowly. “I’ve been through so much with it that I feel as if it has a mind of its own, you know?”
            Winny felt her chest. “I kind of feel the same way.”
            “Same here.” Jaime agreed with them.
            Michael shrugged. “I guess me too, but there’s nothing you guys can do.” He knew he was able to keep his. “But anyway, all we have to do is wait for now.”
            Matt was still in the corner. He glared at the walls in anger. “There has to be able… those damn higher officials don’t have anything on us when we’re a team.”
 ~~~
            “AUGH!!” Alex shouted as he was just attacked by Layla’s hair magic. Irene casted a Paralysis attack on everybody besides Siyun who was standing peacefully from faraway. Alex used an Aqua Strike to reflect the Paralysis strike that Irene threw. Layla jumped away and Romeo was inflicted by the seal.
            Irene made a quick slash in a circle in less than a second. “You’re all in my way!”
            Alex’s arm was slightly cut from her attack while only parts of Layla’s hair were cut off. Romeo knelt down, almost about to lose. Alex remembered that Layla had to lose first and Siyun has to come in first place in order for South El Monte to lose. Alex said to them, “Aren’t we supposed to attack Layla?!”
            Irene created another Paralysis attack. From faraway, Siyun was buffing herself up with Adamantine, Pregenetics, Weapon Enhancer, Armor Enhancer, and Speed Caster. Irene responded to Alex, “If you’re in my way, you will get hurt too. Now move it!”
            Alex jumped away and Romeo was too tired to move. Layla and Irene were facing face-to-face now. Layla made her hair go underground so she could grab everyone all at once but Irene slashed her hair away. “Don’t screw around with me.” Irene said with a serious tone. She made her sword turn red and then she burned Layla’s hair. Layla smacked Alex and he accidentally released water from his hands which washed off the flames.
            Irene tried to attack Alex. “Get out of my way! You’re messing up our battle.” Alex began running away.
            Alex and Romeo were nearby each other. Romeo whispered to him, “Dude… I thought this last match would have been a little more fun and less… you know, fixed. It’s like we’re forced to hope Layla loses while Siyun is over there doing nothing until Layla falls.”
            Alex shook his head. “I-I know…”
            “I’m pretty surprised people like us are here.”
            “You’re scared too?!”
            “No shit I am!”
            Alex began hugging him. “I UNDERSTAND YOU SO MUCH!”
            “Me too!!” Romeo began to cry together with him.
            Irene turned her sword blue and then she tried to freeze Layla. Layla jumped away and then she used her hair to dig a few holes again. Irene tried to slash Layla, “Do not bother trying the same moves again!”
            While Layla’s hair was balanced underground, she took advantage of this and she jumped and kicked Irene down. “Don’t think I’m defenseless just because my hair is underground, woman!”
            Irene did not fall, however. She easily regained her balance and then she ran towards Layla again. “Your legs are in my way!” She then created another blue sword as she stabbed the ground nearby Layla. The floor began to freeze. Layla’s hair became stuck.
            “Crap!” She panicked. Irene stabbed the ground again with her sword which was now green and poisoned. Layla was set free because the ground shattered in ice, but she was now inflicted with poison. She began feeling weak. “Urgh… Nice strategy you got there, but this isn’t the end of me!”
            “I believe it is.” Irene sped across Layla with one last slash to Layla’s chest. She fell to the ground and she could barely move. The telescreen showed that South El Monte lost, and they received one point in this round.
            Alex and Romeo began cheering. Irene turned around. “Who is next?”
            “W-What?” Romeo froze.
            Siyun suddenly interrupted them. “It is my cue.” Her aura exploded into a purplish color. She casted Paralysis Seal on all of them and then she threw her knives at the three remaining students.
            Irene began to do a mini-cartwheel to evade Siyun’s attacks. Romeo quickly fainted after being attacked by Siyun’s sharp, bladed knives. Alex panicked. “I’ve seen these in RPG’s before! They enhance their weapon and armor and also speed if they can while they are idle and after that, they are practically invisible with all their buff spells!”
            Siyun used her Teleportation spell to head closer to the other two remaining participants and then she used a Fumigating Cross on them. Irene jumped away and Alex was struck by her attack. He was barely able to move due to exhaustion. At this point, Mountain View was given two points while El Monte was given three. Alex coughed. “Well… At least… we didn’t get one point this time.”
            Siyun glared at Irene, the only other student left. “Give it up. You’re done for. Get it? Because I can fry you with my Pyregenetics and you’ll be well-done.”
            “Don’t you have a friend who can foretell the future?” Irene ignored her joke.
            “In my group is a friend named Sammy. She can foretell what goes on and she claims South El Monte will win and destroy the world with their powers.”
            “Don’t give me that bullshit.” Irene surprised Siyun with her refusal as she struck Siyun with a Paralysis Strike. Siyun did not have enough time to escape! She was struck into the air.
            Alex gasped. “Irene!!! What did you do?!” Irene sheathed her sword and then she closed her eyes while Siyun fell back down to the ground in one single hit. “You broke Sammy’s foretelling?!”
            “Sammy may have foretelling powers, but there are two flaws to that piece of crap power.” Irene glared at him. “One, she is the one who can alter it. It makes no sense to have her decide for South El Monte to win. And two,” she said as the score for Rosemead went up only by four while Arroyo went up by five, “she is not supposed to tell others about what her foretelling powers could see or else we now have the opportunity to change it without her consent.”
            “Changing her foretelling…” Alex was amazed. “But still, what happens now? You made South El Monte win.” All of the sudden, a large beam came rushing down and it struck Irene. “NO!!” Alex shouted. “What’s going on?!”
            Irene coughed. “It… was either me or her…”
            “Hm hm hm!~ You figured it out, Irene.” A voice said.
            Sammy appeared right next to the man. “Dragon here is my mentor, a grand student from West Covina who is also a member of the higher officials of the Elemental Powers Unit.” She took a step forward. “Let me explain everything here. It didn’t matter who was victory, unless it was South El Monte. I’m the one who made up rumors saying that South El Monte was dangerous just to cover up the truth: that in one of the Four Elemental Power Units, all we want is the truth behind a man named Santiago.”
            Dragon went on for her, “Our Elemental Power Unit was asked to investigate, but throughout most of our Sophomore year, most of the El Monte students went missing and a girl named Venus helped report to us that you guys were in Elsiya.”
            “Report about us being in Elsiya? Why would she do that? She’s our friend, damn it!”
            “A temporary friend, but a permanent fiend!” Sammy laughed.
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Shirley: Nuh uh. No way. HECK NO. We are NOT going into the Eternal Nothingness!
Matt: It’s the only way to save the trio-sisters. If we don’t do anything, they’ll starve to death!
Shirley: And how do you plan on getting back out?
Jaime: I kind of want to save them anyway since we have nothing else to do but stand here.
Winny: And we would be dead anyway just sitting around doing nothing.
Alex: While everyone else is planning their next movement, I’m stuck here listening to the whole story about Venus. Of all people?
Venus: Santi’s death wasn’t just for the heck of it. That is what is causing all of these problems.
Alex: What makes his death more special than others like Mariel?!
Van: I’m hungry…
Maggie: If we die here, we’ll at least die together.
Jenny: We have to think positively.
Matt: The trio-sisters are in big danger and they don’t have much time left before they die from exhaustion! Next time on episode 233, Eternal Spy, A Lingering Moment of Santi!
Alex: Who are all of these people?

0 comments:

Post a Comment