Saturday, July 6, 2013

Episode 249 - Right and Wrong, Colonel Artemis's True Potential

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final match had made a wrong turn. West Covina had taken over and their leader, Colonel Artemis, has trapped most of the students into the Eternal Nothingness. With an urge to escape, the students struggle against West Covina and almost every one of them have lost brutally. Will they be able to make a comeback? Much more importantly, are they able to escape the Eternal Nothingness?
Episode 249 – Right and Wrong, Colonel Artemis’s True Potential

            “Can you say, we just ‘lost’? Get it? Because we’re already lost in the Eternal Nothingne-…”
            “SHUT UP, SIYUN.” Alex yelled. “This is not the time for your stupid puns! We need to get back at that Geddon guy.”
            “How long has it been since our loss? A few minutes or what?” Romeo wondered.
            “Did we just ‘lose track of time’? Since there is not really a timezone in this wor-…”
            “Okay, I’m leaving.” Alex ignored her. “Let’s go, Romeo. We need to find the others and beat that Geddon guy.”
            “What if he’s not the only bad guy out there? What was his motive?” Romeo wondered.
            Alex sighed. “I don’t know… That’s what I want to find out.”
            “I just want to go home and reunite with my beloved Juliet…”
            “Romeo and Juliet dies in the end.” Siyun said bluntly.
            “Thanks for the reminder.” Romeo frowned.
            “You’re welcome.”
 ~~~
            Matt and Dragon floated in mid-air. Sith had to carry Maggie while Shirley was walking with him. Nix followed along with Matt. “Sith, why are you so ugly?” Shirley asked.
            “What did you say?” He turned away. “Damn useless girl.”
            “What did you call me?! I’m not useless! I survived!”
            “Don’t start with me. You’re the one calling me ugly.”
            “At least I’m honest.”
            “Be honest later, not now!” Sith shouted.
            Matt could see another group of students. “Hey, I see more of our friends!” He yelled down to Shirley and Sith. Shirley saw Jaime and Winny. Jaime was still trying to make Winny wake up.
            Shirley ran up to Jaime as she slapped him. “Did you kill her?!”
            Jaime became frustrated. “No! She… I think… She…”
            Matt could still see a slight shade of purple covering her body. Dragon knelt down. “I sense… enormous power. Did she go over her limit?”
            “Like Santi, she… She!”
            Matt froze. “Winny? She went past her limit, like Santi…?”
            Nix began to cry again. “She was so nice!”
            “I wouldn’t say that.” Jaime shrugged and then he became serious, “But she was a good teammate in our group.”
            Matt shook her. “There has to be a way to save her!”
            A large boulder suddenly spewed up from below. The whole group fell over except for Sith and Dragon. Shirley screamed. “My skirt!!! Is Danny here?!”
            Matt fell on his head while Jaime barely fixed his landing. Sith placed Maggie on the ground and then he stood on four legs. “Who’s there?!”
            “Bullseye.” Geddon said. “I got almost everybody.” He made four more boulders appear.
            Sith avoided all of them while Geddon made a squared patch fly upwards. He then punched it towards Sith. Shirley froze the boulder, causing it to fall down completely. Jaime ran in front of Winny and then he tried to cast a shadow below Geddon in order to control him.
            A large scythe stabbed onto the shadow and Jaime was inflicted with a large amount of pain. Dragon called to them, “Geddon, Alvin! You have to stop this right now. This is all a huge mistake!”
            “Have you turned?” Alvin said angrily.
            Shirley shrugged. “Uh, guy with the horns, I don’t think now’s a good time to lecture two big men who can kill us in an instant. You can’t persuade their thick skulls, you know!”
            Geddon pushed a rock against her as she fell over. Matt tried to use his fire powers but it was easily deflected against rock and scythes. Jaime was stuck and Sith was the only one who was still able to fight. Nix flew towards him as he rode over Sith’s head. “Let’s go!”
            Sith gave a smirk. “Heh, you are more interesting than the kid who can use fire himself.” Sith’s speed was enormous. He teleported to Alvin in order to stab him from behind. Without moving, Alvin was able to summon a scythe that fought behind himself. Sith had to jump away. “Ergh, nothing’s working. They’re not even trying!”
            “You guys have to listen to me.” Dragon commanded. “These guys are not our enemies. It is Colonel Artemis.”
            “He promised us that we could be higher electives!” Alvin said.
            “The only one who doesn’t even want that is Claire. She wants freedom, and I think that’s what we should have.” Dragon added.
            The rest of the group listened carefully. “If Claire really wants to be set free, there is no way. The only other way to be satisfied now is to go up the ladder of the hierarchy. The elemental powers are nothing unless you are at the top level.” Geddon explained.
            “Even if that’s what Colonel Artemis said, I still don’t believe him.”
            “What makes you think that?” Alvin asked.
            “I saw him with my own eyes! He came out of-…” Dragon suddenly vanished.
            Matt gasped. “W-What the hell just happened?!”
            Shirley looked around but he was nowhere in sight. “He was just here a second ago!”
            “What did he see, I wonder?” Colonel Artemis said. “We don’t need any betrayers in our group. Geddon, Alvin, take care of them.”
            “Where did you take him?!” Matt interrupted them.
            “The guy with the horns? I’ve already captured him and Michael from the archives. After I grab a hold of everybody else, you will all be taken back to the Elemental Nullos, back to where you belong!” Colonel Artemis suddenly vanished away.
            Shirley stomped her foot. “Argh! He was hiding around this whole time, listening to our conversation!”
            Sith tried to attack Alvin again as they were face-to-face. “I don’t believe his bullshit.”
            “What are you implying?” Alvin glared at him.
            “He said he will take us all back to the Elemental Nullos. If he made Dragon vanish in an instant without any effort, he could have done so to us as well! Instead, he is having you two take care of us. Why go through, wasting time trying to defeat us?”
            Geddon made more boulders appear. “To see if we can prove to him that we are worthy of working under him. As it seems, it is working.”
            “This is a chance to show how worthy our powers are. We will turn the tables now!”
            Shirley patted her skirt. “Yeah! You’re not going to stop us now. Matt and I have teamed up several times in the past and we’ve gone through so much. Nothing will change that!” She smiled with eager and determination.
            Matt and Shirley stood side-by-side. Jaime was on the ground, watching the two of them. He remembered the very old times when they could barely even handle their elemental powers when he first shown his face. He messed with the water faucets whenever Matt and Shirley tried to drink water. He could easily mess with them. They seemed like idiotic children to him. But now, them being slightly taller, bulkier, and with determined expressions, he could see them growing up. Innocence has gone away and anger uprooted from their mistakes.
            Matt made fire appear from his hands while Shirley readied a much of ice from the sky. “Here goes nothing!” Matt said. Shirley nodded with him.
 ~~~
            Emmy rose from her long sleep and she noticed that Irene was completely injured with scars all over her clothes and body. “I-Irene, are you okay? Hey, wake up!”
            Irene opened her eyes. “Emmy… You’re alive…” She began coughing. “Thank goodness you’re okay.”
            “I should be worrying about you. What happened?!”
            Irene suddenly sat up. “Catt! She must be here somewhere- Ergh!” She felt a sharp pain on her left arm.
            “Don’t strain yourself. You have to listen to me. Catt may be our enemy, but El Monte isn’t.”
            “What did you say?”
            “El Monte is harmless! The real enemy here is the whole West Covina group who is trying to kill us because we know too much about their conspiracy against the knowledge about this Santi guy.”
            “Where is everybody? We have to find them.”
            “That’s what I’m wondering. Let’s go together. I have to find Shirley too!”
 ~~~
            Catt was moping towards the end of nowhere. She noticed Yessenia, Jon, and Van lying on the ground, but they were still recovering their energy. Van yawned. “I’m getting really tired of walking…”
            Jon tried to stretch. “I still feel a little stiff because of that stupid scythe too.”
            “We cannot waste any more time. We have to find the rest of the group.” Yessenia hurried.
            “Um…” Catt said to them slowly.
            Yessenia took out her long sword. “Who is there?!”
            “I’m… I’m from West Covina.”
            “I don’t trust this girl already.” Van squinted an eye.
            “W-W-Wait, I won’t hurt you! I just need some answers.”
            “We should be the ones asking you the questions.” Jon began interrogating her. “Where are the others?”
            “I don’t know. I’m really confused right now.”
            Van dropped her battle stance. “What’s she talking about?”
            “Is it really okay to fight in a war? I’ve been following orders from a man named Colonel Artemis but I don’t even know if it’s the right thing to do. I… I fought against someone recently, but when I won, I only felt guilt.” She frowned. “I tell myself that I will be free someday.”
            Yessenia listened carefully once she heard the word ‘free’. This reminded her of the time when she and the main group tried their best to run away from their elemental powers last year. Catt went on, “The man, Colonel Artemis, said we can be free once we defeat El Monte and all of the other schools in the Eternal Nothingness. But when I succeeded, something didn’t feel right. Everything felt wrong.” She began to cry. “Is fighting even the right answer to this?!”
            Van took a step forward. “C-Calm down, cat girl!”
            “Sometimes, even sometimes I contemplate on how free I really am. I tried to hurt myself, hoping to end all of this pain, but I can’t get myself to do it!”
            Yessenia rose her sword. “Her speech sounds like a trap. We will not give any sympathy.”
            Catt opened her arms. “If you really want to end me now, I suggest you do it as soon as possible.”
            Yessenia stopped. Jon was shocked. “I think she’s serious!”
            “Wait a minute. She’s from the enemy side.” Van said as she faced Catt, “Then you probably know about your leader’s motives!”
            “No I don’t. But, I can tell you as much as I can.”
            “Let’s hear her out on this one.” Jon said to Yessenia. He then whispered, “If she decides to make a move, then that’s when we should start fighting back.” Yessenia shook her head on his idea.
 ~~~
            Catt was playing with her bell necklace while she sat down on a rock, talking to the three El Monte students. “Well, you see, when I fought Irene and Emmy from Arroyo, it reminded me of the time when I almost killed my friend through uncontrollable cat powers. I became very frustrated with having these cursed powers, and my friend told me everything would be alright. In rage, I told her it just gets worse. We got into a huge argument and at the time, my uncontrollable powers scratched her several times. She was sent to the hospital but by then, Earth froze… After that, I was sent into the Elemental Nullos not because I did something wrong, but that the leader, Colonel Artemis, thought I could heal my sins somehow.”
            “And that’s when you were trained to become one of the higher officials in the four units.” Jon concluded.
            “Mhm. I thought maybe these powers are a huge curse. I don’t know what to believe really. Colonel Artemis told me I could choose to become a stronger elemental user in the government, or be set free. Only one of my friends said she wanted to be free but the rest of them thought it was impossible to make these elemental powers go away, so they decided to choose the government side. For me, I’m in the middle, still deciding!”
            Yessenia thought about the situation carefully. “All of this does not really add up, however. What is this colonel guy’s motive?”
            Catt shrugged. “How should I know? I never bothered to ask. He would probably attack me anyway. One thing I do know about him, however, is that he learned really quickly about elemental powers. Usually, powers are given to students during their high school life.”
            “And what’s different about this guy then?” Van wondered.
            “I don’t know… something seemed off. I’ve only seen his face once. He seems almost two times as old as we are… Possibly a little more.”
            “What does that have to do with anything? Maybe he’s had his powers for like 15 years?” Jon assumed.
            “I thought that too, but when we were hired to work under him, even higher officials than him were gossiping about how he was new to this stuff but he grew into his powers extremely fast.”
            “What are his powers?”
            “His power is one of the most broken ones out there. It is the power to vanish people and place them to any other place to his advantage. I guess you can relate it to an altered time magic of some sort. For someone to learn and get used to that kind of power, he must be really strong.” Catt claimed.
            “What did this guy look like and when was he appointed?” Yessenia asked.
            “Eh, nothing special but uh… darkish blue hair and tannish skin? He was appointed sometime in the Summer I think. I dunno.”
            Yessenia suddenly snapped. “This man… HE MUST BE…!!”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Shirley: You know, I feel like this battle has been dragged on a bit too long.
Jaime: This is only going to be the second episode of the same battle. You need more patience.
Shirley: Excuse me?!
Alex: I heard in Echoville, the battles were super long.
Shirley: At least I had a fabulous victory. This one is just scary. And what are you even doing here? Guess what happens to you in this episode!
Alex: I’m not liking where this is going.
Nix: At least you get to meet Benny!
Matt: How is that a good thing?
Alex: W-What?! He’s too fast!
Sith: West Covina has conducted a new plan!
Matt: A new plan? It’s not like we’re already losing anyway… Next time on episode 250, A Double Battle, Old Friends Versus Alvin and Geddon!!
Winny: But I beat Pilfer!
Jaime: You’re supposed to be out of it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment