Recently
on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it
still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt,
Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to
the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as
the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final
match had made a wrong turn. West Covina had taken over and their leader,
Colonel Artemis, has trapped most of the students into the Eternal Nothingness.
With an urge to escape, the students struggle against West Covina and almost
every one of them have lost brutally. Will they be able to make a comeback?
Much more importantly, are they able to escape the Eternal Nothingness?
Episode 251 – Lonely Campfire, Dead and Alive
Previously on Fires of the Sky,
students such as Michael, Romeo, Siyun, Alex, Catt, Layla, and Dragon have all
been sent into separate capsules by Colonel Artemis. With them being timed-out,
the rest of the group will have to continue the battle. Meanwhile, Yessenia,
Jon, and Van join together with Catt to consolidate the truth against West
Covina. Irene and Emmy are also on the walk along the Eternal Nothingness to
find the others. As Venus and Claire continue to walk “aimlessly” so far, Matt,
Shirley, Nix, Maggie, Sith, Jaime, and Winny are still on the search for the
remaining antagonists: Venny, Flynn, Sammy, and Colonel Artemis.
~~~
Several hours have passed since the
new plan was made by Colonel Artemis. Matt’s group had eventually arrived at
perfect, green grassland. Shirley ran towards the meadow first. Jaime and Sith
tried to stop her, thinking there could be some kind of trap.
Winny giggled. “Just let her go.”
She said with her giddy personality. “We need a break from this hellhole
anyway.” Maggie agreed with her.
Nix flew next to Matt. “How come
you’re not smiling?”
“I don’t know. Something just
doesn’t feel right.”
“About the meadow?”
“No, it’s not the meadow. It’s this
Eternal Nothingness place in general.”
Maggie remembered the time when she
and Matt stumbled upon the hieroglyphics. “Is it about the stuff we saw in the
abyss earlier?”
The group began to listen except for
Shirley since she was busy relaxing in the meadow. Matt shook his head. “Yeah,
well, the world is said to end in 2009 which is this year. But, how come Edmund
lasted until 2608?”
Jaime was surprised. It never really
occurred to anybody that Earth’s future was never mentioned yet. The only
future that was mentioned was Edmund’s. Sith pointed his blade at them, “You
guys are over-thinking it. That is just some scam to scare us. Of course the
end of Earth is in 2009, Earth is frozen!”
Nix disagreed with him. “No, please
understand mister bug guy! Earth froze in September 2008, and it’s still frozen
today. If the frozen state was considered the end of the world, the
hieroglyphics should have said 2008 was the end of the world. Something else
might happen to Earth this time for good!”
“And apparently today’s date for the
Eternal Nothingness is marked as 1,000,000,000 A.D.” Maggie added.
“So what are hieroglyphics even
doing in an abyss? It’s ancient writing.”
“The hieroglyphics is more than
that. I’ve seen a similar type in Echoville. They could be artifacts that were
randomly thrown from time space and then dropped into another world. Stuff like
this should not belong in certain worlds.”
Shirley sat up. “I’m so lost. What’s
with this time stuff?”
Matt clenched his fists. “This is
getting frustrating. One, I heard the Eternal Nothingness was just nothing but
crappy wasteland and dust. What the hell is a meadow doing here then?!”
“That’s what we’re all wondering,
but we don’t want to think about it often. We haven’t had peace in such a long
time!” Shirley said. “I’m very tired of this place and all I want is to just go
home. Do you know how long we’ve been out here? Not just here-here, but all the
way back in Elsiya? Like seriously, what was the point of even being in Elsiya?
It taught us nothing!”
Jaime suddenly thought of something
which made him shocked. Winny turned to him. “What is it?”
“No… it just hit me.” Jaime said,
“Something is really off about this. We’re dealing with time still, and we were
thrown in Elsiya of all places. Does anybody even remember why we were thrown
into Elsiya?”
“Nobody questioned it really.”
Maggie said to him.
“So let’s ask ourselves that now.
Why? Why Elsiya?”
“It was Santi’s last wish.” Matt
interrupted the whole group.
“W-What are you talking about? Why
would he make us go through all that trouble just to get nothing out of it?!”
Shirley wanted to slap him but she enjoyed sitting in the meadows more.
Matt said with a serious tone,
“Didn’t you guys hear his voice after he disappeared? He wanted us to survive
without him – without the manipulation of time. It was all a test. He set us up.”
“Is he a bad guy then?!” Shirley
began to worry.
“No, no! You’ve got it the complete
opposite. I trust him. I know this sounds crazy, but I think he was the only
one who could foretell the future, so he altered it in a way to help us. In
order to help us, we indirectly said we had to go through the next three years
without him. I bet he knew we were going to get our powers back.”
Maggie pouted. “So why would he want
our powers back? If this Santi guy really was a good guy, then why would he
make us suffer?”
“He probably knew… who we’re dealing
with now.” Matt thought about Colonel Artemis. “Only Santi knows who Colonel
Artemis is, and we need to figure it out ourselves. To me, I feel like the
point of Santi throwing Elsiya at us was to show that our bonds together cannot
be broken. Compare Elsiya to the Eternal Nothingness: they both have an
extremely large amount of space. We could have easily given up hope looking for
all of our friends in Elsiya, but instead, we found everyone almost easily. Why
did we suddenly lose hope now?”
“Well maybe because the Eternal
Nothingness is super ugly.” Shirley joked.
Jaime said slowly, “So… Santi wanted
us to prepare for the coming battle ahead of us by making us take a challenge
of being in a large space while looking for our friends?”
Sith was silent. Nix jumped onto
Matt’s left shoulder. “I knew it had something to do with friendship and bonds!
Nothing can break us apart!” Winny was also silent and only Jaime noticed.
Matt said to the group, “See, now we
shouldn’t stop giving up hope and continue looking for our friends. I know
we’re tired, but we have to keep going because time’s wasting!”
Shirley jumped” I agree! But first,
it’s getting dark, so let’s take a rest.”
“Yeah I’m pretty tired.” Matt said
abruptly.
Jaime sighed. “So much for
enthusiasm…”
~~~
The purple sky was turning darker
now into a fade of black. There were no stars to lighten up the darkened world.
Sith had dug up dead roots from underground while Matt placed fire onto it in
order to create a campfire. Nix’s stomach growled. “I’m getting a little
hungry…”
Matt patted its head. “Same here,
but we’re only going to be here for a little while longer until we find out who
Colonel Artemis really is.”
Shirley grinned. “Hm, well I hope
he’s cute. If we couldn’t make those ogres from Elsiya pretty, then I don’t see
why Colonel Artemis can’t be cute.”
Sith clenched his fists as he said
angrily, “You treacherous human! How can you make such assumptions about our
enemy?”
“What? I’m only joking.” Shirley
said.
Jaime noticed that Winny was a few
paces away from the group. “She’s probably still grieving about Changmin. Even
if it’s just a tennis ball, it meant a lot to her.”
“How come she has a tennis ball to
play as Changmin. Of all objects, she chooses a tennis ball?” Maggie
questioned.
“It was probably on the spot. But,
it’s nothing we should be questioning.” Jaime chuckled. “Throughout our journey
together, I learned to accept her weird obsessions. I began to understand that
she has trouble bonding with certain people, so she tries to practice with an
inanimate object.” He knew that she also had trouble trusting her El Monte
friends, but he did not want to mention that part about her.
The group became quiet and
speechless. Shirley then said to Matt, “Hey, what you said earlier about Santi…
Do you think he’s still alive?”
Nix pounced over to Shirley’s hair,
“Hey, don’t mention that to him!” He whispered into her ear, “He gets angry
whenever people assume Santi could still be alive.”
Matt responded to the group, “Well…
Throughout the whole year, I’ve been telling myself that Santi is dead. He is
gone for good and he is never coming back.” Shirley became silent. Matt
continued, “But, for some reason, I feel like he is actually still alive
somewhere, but we just can’t figure out where exactly.”
Sith began gnawing on his arm sword.
“Hrm, sounds like a myth I’ve heard of before, but I just don’t have a clear
memory on how it went. All I know is, the man who screwed time over didn’t die
but he’s also not alive.”
Shirley became frustrated. “You ugly
ass bug! That doesn’t even make sense!”
“That’s how myths work. They
psychologically mess with your head by giving you the choice on how it ends.”
Sith said. “And according to Matt here, your friend named Santi could still be
alive.”
“What made you have that sudden
change of feeling anyway, Matt?” Shirley began covering herself up in ice. The
fire was burning her.
“That’s the thing. I really don’t
know. I got a strange vibe from Colonel Artemis as if… he could be Santi.”
The group suddenly gasped, except
for Sith who was uninterested of course. Jaime stood up. “Are you trying to say
that Colonel Artemis is Santi?!”
“N-No, no it’s not that!” Matt fell
over a log.
Shirley stood up as well. “So then
what? Is he from Edmund?!”
“No! I don’t know!”
Maggie lastly stood up after Shirley
and Jaime, “What does he look like? Is he single?” The group became quiet
again. “What? Everyone was standing up and asking questions. I don’t really
know the guy.”
Sith yawned. “I think you guys are
just tired. Take a rest before heading out tomorrow.”
“Hmph, says the ugly bug who just
yawned.”
“I have trouble sleeping.” Sith
answered quickly. “Bugs like me sleep in closed areas.”
“You’re so weird…” Shirley commented
on his habits.
“Awr… I can’t sleep when I’m
hungry…” Nix whimpered.
~~~
As Matt’s group continued onward,
the grass was turning brighter. It seemed as though the group was getting
closer, but towards where? Shirley ran ahead again to see why the plants are
getting brighter.
Winny stopped for a moment. “The
Eternal Nothingness was said to be filled with nothing but dust and dead land.
This is a good time to seriously question the landscape.”
“Well uh… It’s nice.” Matt said
stupidly. “What else can we say about it?”
“AHH!” Shirley screamed from afar.
As the group came closer, they could
see a girl with long, blonde and silky hair with a huge dress made of almost
the same color. “Hello. My name is Cl-…”
“We don’t care who you are. Who are
you?!” Matt said abruptly.
“But you just-…” Maggie corrected
him.
Jaime ran over to Shirley. “Be
careful.”
“Do you not know who you are messing
with?” Claire asked. “We are from West Covina, one of the top tiers of the
Elemental government.” She continued with her speech, “I could tell you
students were coming closer, so we had to stop here. Besides, even robots need
plants and oxygen to survive.”
“Robots? Watch out guys, she’s got a
robot!” Shirley took out her pole weapon.
The group readied their own weapons
as well. Claire slowly moved aside and Venus was shown without emotion. Matt’s
eyes opened widely. He dropped his butterfly sword as soon as possible. “What
is this?”
Jaime laughed. “That’s no robot!
She’s our friend.”
“Do you not know of her origin?”
Claire questioned the group. “Colonel Artemis had created her in the beginning
of her 7th grade year.”
“How would Colonel Artemis know that
and how could he have created such a robot with pure feelings?!” Matt said
angrily. “I’d say you’re making this up!”
“It’s true.” Venus said robotically.
“I was created almost four years ago.”
“This is why it was very easy to
extract her memory from all of this year.” Claire giggled. “There is no way for
her to return to her ‘former’ self, if that’s what you consider it. Her true
former self is who she was when she was created: a heartless robot without
function. You kids have severed her this year by giving her feelings.”
Matt disagreed with her. “No, what
about last year? When I first met her, she was ecstatic and curious about who I
was. She was energetic. How can you consider that heartless and robotic?”
“Colonel Artemis can easily alter
her functions since he created her. And, he passed down the ability to me after
giving me powers to link hearts together.”
“But…
but she opened up to me back at the pathway to Melvin! She told me it hurt to
have her past friends leave her.”
“And
in 8th grade, she did something terrible. She felt horrible! How can
you say she was robotic then?” Jaime wondered.
Claire smiled. “Really? She would
have been traumatized for life due to ‘his’ death, but she was fine after
that.”
“I can’t accept this. She’s not a
robot. She’s just as real as anybody else here!!” Matt yelled.
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Yessenia: Damn it. We have got trouble!
Jon:
It looks like there are more of those West Covina bastards. This time, we’ll
take them down!
Van: I’ll
use my animal powers to help!
Jaime:
She’s… is a robot?
Matt:
That has to be a lie!! You’re just messing with our heads!
Jaime:
But… what about all of her emotions that she’s felt before?
Emmy:
Alright Scouttie, do your thing!
Scouttie: Hehe! Nothing can stop me from sneaking in! Let’s go,
Twinkle Toes!
Irene:
Sending fairies as spies… it sounds so ridiculous.
Emmy:
H-Hey, don’t underestimate them!
Matt:
We’re one step closer to the final episode of sophomore year. We might all be
brought together again! Next time on episode 252, Go, My Fairies! The Deadly
Robot Strikes!
Nix:
I’m a little worried about this situation… Hrm…


0 comments:
Post a Comment