Saturday, August 3, 2013

Episode 255 - Benny and Sammy, How the Robot Came Into Play

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final match had made a wrong turn. West Covina had taken over and their leader, Colonel Artemis, has trapped most of the students into the Eternal Nothingness. With an urge to escape, the students struggle against West Covina and almost every one of them have lost brutally. Will they be able to make a comeback? Much more importantly, are they able to escape the Eternal Nothingness?
Episode 255 – Benny and Sammy, How the Robot Came Into Play

            Last time on Fires of the Sky, Colonel Artemis went through a tantrum as he overused his powers to take everybody out of the Eternal Nothingness! I guess the hard part on escaping was taken care of, but now it is just as difficult trying to run away from Venus, Benny, and Sammy. While back at the Elemental Nullos, Dragon attacks Colonel Artemis while Claire puts Dragon into the same fate with her linking powers. At this time, Matt and Venus face off against each other only for Matt to almost lose again. When Venus strikes for Jaime, Jaime barely wakes up. Did his wake-up call really ‘wake’ Venus up?!
~~~
            “Why did you stop?” Jaime watched as Venus’s blade was one inch away from his eyes.
            Matt gave himself a huge sigh. “Phew!! So she came back to her senses!”
            “Danger – Up – Ahead.” She suddenly jumped past Jaime and Matt and then she ran ahead into the distance.
            Matt turned around as he watched her. “D-Danger? But there’s nobody else except El Monte people!”
            “I don’t think so. Benny and Sammy are smarter than that. They should have been here by now since we’ve fended Venus off for several minutes. At any rate, they could already be closer to our friends than we are because they know the blueprint of the Elemental Nullos more than any of us!” Jaime began to follow Venus.
            Matt went along as well. “So Venus is still a robot?” Matt whined as he ran behind Jaime.
~~~
            The El Monte students were reaching a road that split into a cross. They had the choice of either moving left, right, or straight forward and most of them had the intuition that going straight forward was the better option. Even with their open options, Benny and Sammy appeared from both the left and right sides of the hallway.
            “Augh!!” Alex shouted.
            “Why do you always make that stupid yell?” Van commented on him.
            “What?!”
            “Teehee. I mean, uh, what do we do now?!” Van suddenly panicked.
            Yessenia continued to forget that she did not have her long sword and Jon also could not use his powers. Yessenia casted an Air Tornado at her two enemies. “When is Flynn’s magic going to wear out?”
            “You know, this would have been a lot easier if you had your dispel powers.” Maggie said to Jon.
            “Well I don’t, okay?!” Jon yelled at her.
            “And what about that girl? She never seems to do anything!” Maggie added. Sammy stood behind Benny.
            “Oh?” Sammy chuckled. “Although it may seem like I’m not doing anything, but I don’t really have to move. I can foretell the near future on my advantages and I can see that we will be victorious.”
            “Even with you just standing there?” Winny questioned.
            “You’d be surprised at how much I don’t need to do to win. When the future changes, that is when I tell Benny to move towards certain places.”
            Yessenia smiled. “Then there is your flaw.” Yessenia began to attack the walls without thinking.
            “E-Excuse me?” She took a step forward and this somehow changed Benny’s movement to attack Yessenia only.
            Van summoned a few wolves to bite him and he was off-course. “What was that?” Catt noticed something strange. “He just got flawed for the first time!”
            Shirley began to rage as she summoned ice boulders and threw them against the wall. Some of the prisoners were free as well. Sammy moved again and this made Benny change his course. He went towards Shirley but Yessenia created a Tornado Spin to block him from attacking her.
            Shirley began crying uncontrollably, knowing that her best friend, Emmy, is facing her death sentence. “I hate you. I hate you all! All you West Covina people are spoiled assholes!!!” She created an Icicle Rain and then a Hailstone in the hallway. Catt had to cover the El Monte students in a cage to protect themselves.
            “Shirley, stop it!” Catt commanded. “You’re going to hurt your own friends!”
            Shirley tried to calm down. “It’s just… not fair!”
            Sammy watched her. “Have you gone mad?”
            “Have you?! I remember when I first saw you, you were a sweet woman. Matt and I treated you like a very close friend. You even promised not to expose us and that proved to me that you were a good person. You still kept your promise even up until today, but you turned into some kind of bitch!”
            “EXCUSE ME?! You don’t know what I’ve been through!” Sammy began yelling back at her. “Do you know what it’s like, being left out every single goddamn day of your life? Day AND night? Having to move from place to place? Having to lose your friends who you wanted to keep forever? Eventually, I had to give all of that up. I still don’t even know why I’m making the effort to live!”
            “If you really wanted to stay with your friends, then nothing could have stopped you!”
            “It’s easy for you to say! Things are different now. And I wish I was stronger before, but it’s too late. I have already turned to help the Elemental government and there is nothing you can do!”
            “What made you this way? Who did this to you anyway?!”
            “Colonel Artemis. He offered prosperity to me eventually once he had the chance to meet someone that he was missing for so long. But, even now, he’s having trouble looking for this person and you El Monte students are part of the reason why he can’t! You’re just not being honest with him!”
            “What are you talking about?!”
            Sammy ran towards the group mindlessly with a knife. “You’re all… You’re all so…!!!”
            “S-Sammy! Stop what you’re doing. They can kill you instantly!” Benny tried to stop her but she continued onward, thinking about her reason to live onward.
~~~
            Sammy’s parents were driving her away from El Monte. At this time, Sammy had just sent Matt a box of chocolates after Valentine’s Day for thanking him for being a great friend. She had learned something interesting about him and Shirley and she promised to keep this a secret. “Thank you, you two. I had an interesting time in El Monte but I have to go… I really don’t want to tell anybody that I am leaving, so I will make this a surprise.”
            She then looked at her parents. “Mom, dad? Why do I have to move to San Gabriel? We’re only moving to a house about twenty minutes away.”
            “That’s too far especially if you’re going to school every day. You might as well move to the local school here. It’s to save money.” Her father said.
            “You understand, right?” Her mother asked kindly.
            “No, I don’t. Lots of people we know barely even have to move. We’ve moved over ten times and I’m not even sixteen yet. I could never keep in close contact with my friends because we always have to move. It’s so unfair.”
            “Honey, once you’re old enough, you will understand.”
            “Old enough? My sister is only two years older and she got to live with her boyfriend several years ago! Aren’t I overdue then?”
            “Do you have anywhere else to go?” Sammy’s mother said bluntly.
            “Well no, but-…”
            “Exactly. We are giving you a home with us and you have to sacrifice your friendship. By the time you’re in college and on your own, you will have friends that you can actually keep. For now, friends come and go.”
            “People like Matt and Shirley wouldn’t have left at all!” Sammy pouted. “I don’t like this, mom!”
~~~
            Even at San Gabriel, Sammy had trouble settling to a new school, new friends, and a new life. Once her whole freshman year ended, she heard the news that her family was going to move yet again: to West Covina. “Again?!” Sammy stomped her foot. “Why are we moving yet again? I’m finally liking this school!!!”
            “Sammy, please listen to us! This is not easy on us either. We have to find the right place for us to live in and the housekeepers keep renting us out.” Her father said angrily.
            “Let me be like my sister. I’m going to try it and find a place to stay. Maybe one of my friends can help me.”
            “Are you sure? We can’t just let you go like that!” Sammy’s mother began to break into tears.
            “Watch me. I promise you in several years from now, I’ll show you that I’m a grown-up and I can find a steady place to live in without your help!” She already had her bags with her, knowing she would leave regardless. “I’ll keep in touch with you in a few months and tell you the good news.” She left with a determined expression.
            Once she moved to West Covina, she had to hide in several hotel lobbies one after another. She saw a flyer on the pillar nearby reading: ‘Have you seen my son?’ She grabbed it and noticed that the boy seemed very familiar to her. She called the number so she could meet the man who created the flyer and realized that he was lonely. He had neither a wife nor a son.
~~~
            “Thank you for letting me stay at your place, sir.”
            “It is no problem. I am surprised that you wanted to help me search for this boy. He came from El Monte but all of the sudden after June, he disappeared and I tried to ask the police but they had to keep this issue under the table.” Colonel Artemis said.
            “Why does it have to be a secret?”
            Colonel Artemis sighed. “They think it is some kind of trick or scam, and they need raw evidence that he has gone missing or that something happened to him. However, he vanished out of the blue one day.”
            Sammy thought about it carefully. “El Monte… That was the school with Matt and Shirley.” She had almost forgotten about them by now… But what she did remember was their powers of fire and ice. “Well, sir, I’m going to West Covina and I could check up on them in a bit.”
            “No, that would be suspicious. Listen, I’ve recently heard news from Venus about what’s going on in El Monte.”
            “Who is Venus?”
            “A very smart friend, well, a best friend to my son. She told me that back in May, she noticed that her friends started having these weird supernatural powers. I didn’t want to believe her, but what else could I turn to at a time like this?” He then whispered to her, “By the way… did you know Venus is a robot?!”
            “What the heck? No way!” She then looked away, “But if Matt and Shirley have weird powers… I wouldn’t doubt Venus is a robot either.”
            “Haha! It’s crazy! Let me tell you something though. In my son’s 7th grade year, he kept telling me Venus was a robot but I never believed him. I thought he was just dumb and naïve but he was telling the truth… I gave Venus an x-ray and noticed her bodily functions were not made out of human flesh. But anyway, he told me my daughter had the ability to create robots… much like Frankenstein who had the ability to create monsters. I still didn’t believe that.”
            “Where is your daughter now?”
            “Eh, she moved out a long time ago with her husband. They have already gotten married. I contacted her the other day and she was so scared to tell me that she had powers, but I knew about it before she was able to confess to me. She was afraid that her powers would be uncontrollable but it didn’t seem that way to me since I knew first! She brought me to all of these cool new worlds after that.”
            Sammy became interested. “New worlds? Please tell me more.”
            “Well they’re severely different from ours.” Artemis explained. “And it is marked by elemental power. I continued to do my research in those worlds, one by one. And after about several worlds, I began to learn the norms of being in these places. I began to pick up one of the most interesting powers in the world. I found a teleportation stone that could help me teleport to places. The first time I used it – boy, was that interesting! I wanted to go meet the president but instead, they brought me to some weird government for elemental power.”
            “Really?!”
            “Yeah! I can take you there soon. But let me finish!”
            “Okay, okay sure!”
            “Anyway, I told them about my problem with my missing son, and they wanted to find out too. Apparently he disappeared and they claimed that maybe someone from El Monte might know. That’s when I slightly had the idea that Venus should scout for me. She is a robot after all, so she won’t have guilty feelings of betrayal. The Elemental government thought this was an interesting case and they had me become one if their elite leaders at least until I find my son.”
            “This is all new to me…” Sammy said in awe.
            Colonel Artemis cheered, “Of course!! Hey, I’ll take you there with my teleportation powers right now! Maybe they can help you settle for better too.”
            Sammy blushed. “That is true. I have been lost on the road…”
            “And hopefully when they give you powers, I can also help you too. It is a promise I will make – to make you happy since you wanted to help me find my son! Hahaha!”
            “Of course! Thank you so much, sir!”
            “You can call me Artemis!” He pointed at himself. Sammy blushed, knowing that someone had finally accepted her.
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Yessenia: We are almost out of the Elemental Challenges. We can make it back to the bridge in no time.
Alex: The bridge… that was when Venus…
Jaime: Let’s not think about that. First things first, we have to reach the first match and go through El Monte’s highest building.
Sammy: Not when we’re here!
Benny: You will not get away!
Matt: What about Colonel Artemis? How will you guys escape and what point is there to attacking us?!
Benny: If we’re stuck here, you’re coming with us.
Sammy: In your death!
Venus: Target sighted.
Matt: Oh damn it. Here she comes again. Next time on episode 256, Tracing Back Our Steps, Return to the Challenges!
Maggie: To the first challenge!

0 comments:

Post a Comment