Recently
on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it
still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt,
Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to
the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as
the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final
match had made a wrong turn. West Covina had taken over and their leader,
Colonel Artemis, has trapped most of the students into the Eternal Nothingness.
With an urge to escape, the students struggle against West Covina and almost
every one of them have lost brutally. Will they be able to make a comeback?
Much more importantly, are they able to escape the Eternal Nothingness?
Episode 256 – Tracing Back Our Steps, Return to the
Challenges
Last time on Fires of the Sky, Venus
decided to head towards El Monte’s group instead! She could sense Benny and
Sammy getting closer to El Monte which made her want to help West Covina trap
the rest of the students from running away. Meanwhile, Shirley rages against
the walls next to them and she has a standoff against Sammy who is standing
around doing nothing. Sammy, angry with Shirley, begins to tell Shirley about
her she went from leaving El Monte to joining West Covina.
~~~
“You have no idea how hard I’ve
worked to get up to this rank. You may think I’m doing nothing, standing
around, but it’s more than that! I’ve trained so hard with my own powers that
my powers do not even require my body to move in order for it to work!
Furthermore, with just slight movements, I can command my allies to attack you
as long as they are linked with my senses, of course by Claire.”
Venus suddenly appeared behind El
Monte. Benny laughed. “Bahah! Speaking of senses, it looks like Venus has
caught up with us.”
Alex ran behind Yessenia. “Oh that
is just great. More people.”
“That is only Venus. And, we are
being attacked from both sides. There is no point in hiding behind me.”
“Can’t I pretend to feel safe?!”
Alex cried.
Shirley continued to break through
the walls with her ice powers and more prisoners appeared to distract the whole
group. Sammy tried to look for the El Monte students but they got stuck with
the crowd. Venus slashed through every prisoner mindlessly until she could find
the students who seemed to have escaped.
Benny followed the crowd. “Follow
them! They couldn’t have gone far!”
Eventually, they reached a portal
that led the group to Match 6 from the Elemental Challenges. Alex looked
around. “Hey, this looks familiar!” They were in the center of the stadium.
“Head for the backstage! There must be another portal there!”
Behind them were a group of
prisoners. Winny held Shirley’s hand, holding her so she could not get out of
control again while running with them. Van and Maggie ran together. “Are we
really going to bring along the prisoners?” Van asked.
Maggie disagreed. “I have an idea.
Let’s just keep running until we get to the first match!”
“Don’t leave us behind!” One random
prisoner yelled.
“Yeah!” Another called out.
“Oh great. Are they here to create
drama?” Jon panicked.
Yessenia threw a Constricted Wind on
some of them. Benny tried to speed up but some prisoners were in the way. “Get
back here, you damn El Monte students!”
Van giggled. “Who knew this was in
our favor?! Teehee!”
~~~
Going to Match 5, the El Monte group
arrived at the coliseum and there were a bunch of injured men still on the
field. “I’m so hungry…” One prisoner said. “It has been days since I’ve eaten.”
As the El Monte students appeared,
another prison yelled. “Fresh meat!”
“What?! Ew!!” Maggie squealed as she
casted her web magic on them. “Go away, go away!!”
“This stopped being fun. They’re
chasing after ME now!” Van cried. She threw a bunch of parrots at them.
Yessenia and Alex continued to distract the continuous prisoners who constantly
ran.
Sammy smiled. “My foretelling says
you won’t make it to the next match.”
Benny followed along. “Got it!” He
headed towards Yessenia. Winny mindlessly punched the ground in between
Yessenia and Benny which made Sammy’s foretelling go off-course.
Catt tried to throw a bunch of cages
as the prisoners as well. “Take this, nyan!!”
At the end of the match, the group
of El Monte students entered the next portal: the coaster…?
~~~
“It’s so dark in here.” Alex said.
“What’s that countdown?” Van wondered
as the timer went down to 4… 3…2 …
“Eh, who knows. I say we should
stand up and get mov-… AHHH!!!!” All eight students could barely fit on one
coaster.
Alex was in the front, steering
again. “WHY ME?!”
“Drive slower! Did I not tell you
the first time?!” Yessenia yelled at him. She became frustrated with his speed,
so she punched him as he fainted.
Van screamed again. “EYAAAH! We’re
going to crash!”
Yessenia blushed. “D-Do I have to
drive in front of all of them?”
Winny pointed at Benny, Sammy, and Venus.
“Looks like they’re on another coaster behind us.”
“And wait, where is Matt, Jaime, and
Sith?” Maggie questioned.
“We do not have time to think! We
must hurry. I am sure they are safe anyway.” Yessenia sped even faster since
she could trust herself when she drove. “Buckle up!”
“WITH WHAAAAAT?!?!?!” Van shouted as
they ran down the coaster at 100 MPH. The cart bounced off one course after
another but they were stable and safe through it all. The group tried to stay
calm, realizing that Yessenia is not a bad driver after all. The West Covina
group had to take their time. Some of the prisoners followed along on other
carts as well, but they were extremely slow now.
~~~
Entering the next portal, the El
Monte students arrived at a random star room. Winny began running ahead. “I
remember this room! Follow me. If I use the same movements as I did before, I
can find my way out!”
“You better. You have to get to El
Monte’s portal, remember!” Alex imagined. “Or else, we probably would be set at
a different path.”
Winny began running to the left.
After about two minutes, the West Covina group arrived and the El Monte group
noticed that they have been running in circles. “What the hell, Winny?!” Maggie
wanted to punch her. “We just ran in circles!”
“That’s exactly how I remembered it.
Oh Pochi, you were so cute!”
Alex grabbed Winny’s arm. “Oh screw
it. We’re going to take a random path.” Every student entered a random path and
Van was the last to run in their line. Benny threw a dark ball that barely
missed Van’s leg. They then followed El Monte along the path, but they could
sense prisoners arriving.
“It’s getting darker. I can’t even
find the exit.” Alex felt the walls. “Oh what. What did I just touch?”
“You pervert!” Van’s voice was
heard, followed by a slap.
“N-No! I didn’t mean that!”
The door opened and the next portal
was shown. Winny said with her giddy personality, “Oh my gosh! This was the
right portal after all!”
“Of course it would be!” Alex
cheered as they jumped on in.
~~~
Benny appeared from the portal
behind them. “Got you!” Every student moved further away from the portal and
Benny stabbed the ground.
Van began crying. “Th-That could
have been us!”
“Quick everybody, this stage is not
that long now that we do not need a key.” Yessenia pointed towards the exit of
their high school. “Just reach for the gates!”
“Something has been bothering me
about this.” Catt thought. “What about me?”
“What about you?” Alex repeated.
“You’re one of us now, aren’t you?”
“Well, um… It’s not that. It’s just…
I’m not from El Monte. I don’t think I can go all the way the same with you
guys – at least not through that bridge because that’s how you came from. If
you think about it, I came from West Covina, so I’m going back with Benny and
them. But… I betrayed them. That means once I go back, they’re going to try to
kill me or something.”
The students stopped. Yessenia had
to use her Tornado Spin in front of Benny. “We have no time to taking about
this.”
Catt pushed Yessenia aside and then
she was facing Benny. “Maybe it would be better if I were to stay back and stop
them.”
“That wouldn’t matter! Even by the
time we finish through these matches, Benny and Sammy won’t follow us anymore.”
Jon said to her.
“That’s not going to stop me from
being stuck with them until the end. The best thing I can do now is stall, for
you guys.” Catt threw spikes at Benny with the remaining weapons she had left
after battling Flynn. Once Benny jumped back, Sammy and Venus appeared. “Run,
now!” Catt created large trenches that nobody was able to fly or attack through
from El Monte’s side. “These are master traps that I can make even as a cat.”
Van began to cry even more. “I was
starting to like her. Why does she have to split from us?”
“Please come back to us!” Maggie
begged. “Don’t do this!”
Catt began crying as well. “It’s the
only way. I’m glad I got to be your friends, El Monte. Maybe if I do survive
through this, we can meet again! Nyan!”
Benny punched the ground and the
whole floor exploded in front of Catt and slightly behind the trenches.
Yessenia covered Van for her safety as they continued running onward,
regretting the sight of Catt’s sacrifice. Venus, as a robot, mindlessly walked
through the trenches. The spikes had trouble stabbing through her and she was
able to break through them.
Benny stayed behind to battle Catt
who was barely able to move while Sammy followed Venus to help give her orders.
Alex saw the nearest portal. “This is not fair. Why did they all have to leave
us?!” He thought of all their friends even back from the capsule room.
~~~
The remaining El Monte students went
through the portal at the front gate of their high school, but they were still
at the same spot. Van and Maggie fell on top of Alex.
“AUGH!” Alex whined. “Why me?!”
“Hey, nice cushion.” Van giggled.
“This doesn’t make any sense.” Winny
looked around. “We are at the same exact place.”
“From what I remember, this match
had to do with entering the highest building. But, that was our goal, not the
beginning. If anything, we should be starting at the top and heading downward.”
Yessenia imagined. “This last one must be tricky since it leads to our
designated school’s portal room.”
Shirley began running towards the
auditorium building first. “Ah- Shirley, wait!” Alex tried to follow her as he
pushed Van and Maggie off his back.
“That’s not a way to treat a lady!”
Van complained.
Shirley headed into the auditorium.
“If I don’t hurry and find a way back to Arkon’s Magic, I’ll never get to
Brandon in time. I’m going to ask him to get us to the Elemental government
with his portal powers with whatever it takes!” She thought to herself. “Emmy
isn’t going to die on me!”
The building started shaking and
Shirley fell over on the third floor. Outside, Venus was drilling the ground
with her arms. The whole auditorium building was shaking and collapsing, but
the portal was still floating at the same height. Alex pointed, “I can see the
portal! So it really is up there!”
Van watched as the building was
breaking apart. “And it’s still up there… where we can’t reach at all.”
Winny ran into the building anyway.
“Stop standing around! Shirley is still in there!”
“But the portal…” Maggie said
slowly. “Now we can’t leave unless we fly there.”
Yessenia used her Constricted Wind
ability to stop Venus. She was able to constrict Venus for a small while. “Stop
what you are doing, Venus. Where is your mind at?!”
“Target – sighted.” Venus’s eyes
became red lasers and Yessenia had to lose her focus on her Constricted Wind.
Venus was set free as they began to battle each other. Alex and Jon followed
the girls into the building to find Shirley.
Alex and Jon ran in circles around
the whole building. “I really don’t know the format of this place. I’ve never
been here.” Jon said.
“What about the girls? Have they?”
“I’m assuming they know their way
around. Winny used to practice her drama plays here while Maggie and Van had
choir which is held in the auditorium practice rooms.”
“So we’re doomed?” Alex asked as a
large chunk of the ceiling fell beside them. “AUGH!!”
“Let’s just look for a nearby
staircase!” Jon continued to run.
Van and Maggie reached the second
floor while Winny could see Shirley in the third floor. There was a ceiling
that fell on Shirley’s leg and she was unable to move out. Winny punched the
rubble and it shattered. “Shirley, are you okay?” She said nothing in response.
“Don’t run away from us next time. It’s important that we stick together!” She
held Shirley’s hand as Winny tried to run back down.
“Ergh…” Shirley did not get up. Her
leg was bruised by the large rubble just now. “I can’t…”
Meanwhile, Maggie became frustrated
with the building’s collapse. “That’s it!” She jumped out the window.
Van screamed. “MAGGIE! Suicide isn’t
the answer!!!!! Oh.” She watched as Maggie jumped on a tree and crawled onto the
ground like a spider.
Maggie used her web powers to bind
the whole school together. Of course, with the building’s weight, Maggie was
having some trouble.
Shirley cried. “It’s too late, isn’t
it? To save Emmy?”
“It’s not too late as long as we
work together, Shirley. Stay strong. We have to get out of here by stopping
West Covina from blocking our pathway to home!”
Shirley wiped her tears. “Okay!”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Jaime:
Oh okay this crazy lady again?
Claire:
Wait I’m not crazy! Listen!
Jaime: Blah,
blah, blah, blah.
Matt:
While Jaime is in the background saying the same thing, Claire, why don’t you
tell us what you need to say?
Claire:
Colonel Artemis… might be someone you know.
Matt:
I figured…
Jaime:
Blah, blah, blah, blah…
Claire:
And he is telling me to stop Sammy and Benny. Please, catch up to them as soon
as possible!
Matt:
Yeah, well with all of this lag time with Venus, we might not be able to!
Jaime:
Blah, blah, blah-
Matt: Will
you shut up?! Oh whatever. Next time on episode 257, The Highest Point, Keep
the Collapsed Building Intact!!
Alex:
Is that building seriously falling right now?!
Van:
But the portal is up there!


0 comments:
Post a Comment