Recently
on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it
still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt,
Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to
the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as
the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final
match had made a wrong turn. West Covina had taken over and their leader,
Colonel Artemis, has trapped most of the students into the Eternal Nothingness.
With an urge to escape, the students struggle against West Covina and almost
every one of them have lost brutally. Will they be able to make a comeback?
Much more importantly, are they able to escape the Eternal Nothingness?
Episode 259 – Venus
Last time on Fires of the Sky, Benny
and Sammy finally arrived at the first match where the El Monte students were
at. Unfortunately for El Monte, Benny had struck down most of the students.
Matt, Jaime, Nix, and Claire dropped by soon after to stop Benny from
attacking. Claire created an equal link with Shirley and Sammy which caused
Sammy to faint. Finally, Jaime decides it would be best for him to talk Venus
into turning back to she really was, a human.
“Venus… try to remember it all.
Please, remember it!” Jaime said.
~~~
“Sis… what
are you doing?”
“I’m making
this for you.”
“Oooh… is
it a robot?”
“Yes, brother.”
“How come
they don’t have robots all over the world as pretty as her?”
“There are
things I can never tell you, I’m sorry.”
“Gracey…”
the boy whined.
“Now, now,
Junior, you don’t want to be spoiled.”
“My name is
Santiago!”
“Hehe, I
know. Aaaaand, the robot is done! Here you go.” The girl sat up and she made a
creaking noise. “Okay, so, mark her birth date on your calendar: September 23,
1993.”
Santi
tilted his head in confusion. “Today is the year 2004.”
“Oh, well
um, she can be like your best friend. Middle school is only going to get
tougher.” She gave a sigh. “When the principal called me in to talk about you
getting bullied, it just hurt me.”
“You wanted
me to have a best friend?”
“To protect
you, yes. I hope that doesn’t hurt your feelings.”
“No, no. I
like her. She seems friendly! I’ll call her… Venus!” He hugged Venus but she
did not respond. “How come she is ignoring me?”
Grace
looked away. “Oh, hold on. Give me a moment.” She then did a weird hand motion
but Santi could not see. Grace turned back to him. “Here, this is a personality
chip that I made.”
“Oooh… what
kind is it?”
“It is the
chip of friendship. It incorporates humor and love.” Grace tucked it into
Venus’s stomach. “I think this should do it!” she said as she closed the lid.
Venus began
to blink. “Hey, where am I?”
“You’re in
our house! Our parents are out so they don’t know about you yet.”
Grace
gasped. “Hey, let me give her a memory chip first so they can keep all of your
memories together. She already has a brain, thank goodness.”
Venus began
to walk outside and look at the plants nearby their tree. Grace patted Santi on
the head. He had not reached puberty yet as he was really short. “Hey Junior,
I’m sorry for I worried you.”
“About
bullying? No, it’s fine. I’m used to it.”
“But now
with Venus, you will become liked and well-known.”
“Because
she’s pretty. Hehe.” Santi said.
“So tell
me, how come you named her after the planet Venus?”
Santi
blushed. “Oh… No, it wasn’t for the planet. I recently read about ancient Rome
and they said the most beautiful woman was named Venus, so I named her Venus.”
“You’re
reading that kind of book at this age?”
“I guess
so!”
“Santi,
you’re an idiot.” She joked as she hugged him. She then thought to herself,
“(This may be one of the last times I get to use my robotic powers for you. As
Senior year is starting for me, there is a dangerous man named Rowen who won’t
hesitate to defeat me in the challenge to keep our powers…)”
~~~
“Even as a robot,” said Yessenia,
“the longer she sticks around, the more her personality stands out in a
positive way.”
~~~
Matt
ran out of the men’s locker but he saw a strange girl appear before him. Matt
tried to stop running as he forced himself to take a quick and sudden stop.
“Whoa what the heck!”
The
girl said in a hurried voice, “Hey dude, what are you doing looking suspicious
like that?”
“M-Me?
Hey you look familiar…”
“Venus
Phan, you don’t know?” she said in a conceited tone but it sounded as if she
was joking.
Matt
began touching her reddish and pretty hair, “Well I think I do remember thanks
to your different hair color from everyone else. You’re pretty short too!”
Venus
began screaming, “AHH! Don’t touch my hair like that!” She was shuffling in her
bag quickly.
Matt
took a step back, “Don’t whip out your pepper spray! I’m not a pervert!”
Venus
took out a mirror, “You know what I’m going to do with this?!”
She
raised it over her head and Matt covered his own head, scared that she would
attack him with the mirror, “N-No, please stop! Please!”
Venus
quickly looked into the mirror, “I need this mirror a lot.” She began fixing
her hair.
Matt
suddenly blanked out, “Eh…?”
“You
see, this is very important to me.”
“What
are you doing here anyway?”
She
began to fix her bra in front of him, “I heard a little chick noise inside your
backpack. I wanted to see what it was.”
Matt
noticed what she was doing and he suddenly changed the subject, “What, is there
some guy you’re interested in the locker room right now?”
Venus
slapped his cheeks, “Oh you stupid freak! The guys here in El Monte are ugly as
hell!”
Matt
blankly looked at her with a monotone voice, “Hey hey, I’m a guy too.”
“No,
you’re a little kiddo.”
“Your
height says otherwise!”
“Stop
picking on my height you… baggy pants retard!”
“What
did you call me?! You… crazy… White girl!”
“Excuse
me? I’m part Vietnamese and German and everything you want me to be. I’m Asian,
damn it. Ngu quá!”
Matt
was even more surprised. “AH??! You just called me stupid in Vietnamese and you
sounded fluent in it!”
“Of
course, you retard. Let me hear your Vietnamese.”
“I
understand it but I can’t speak it.”
“No
self-confidence? HAHA I’m not even full Vietnamese yet you’re worse than I am!”
Matt
began walking away, “I don’t need to hear this from you. Bye!”
“Not
so fast! Tell me what the heck that baby chick was all about!”
Another
student came out of the men’s lockers. “I found it!”
Matt
turned around and he saw Jaime, “H-Hey you!! Who’s backpack is that? It doesn’t
look like yours.”
Jaime
stupidly took sight of the backpack. “Um… Danny’s, right?”
Matt
quickly shuffled into the backpack and he found the cellphone, “Heck yeah!” See
you guys later!” Matt sped back to his class.
Venus
and Jaime were silent while watching him leave. Venus turned to Jaime, “Sup.”
~~~
“She was always so ecstatic.” Matt
thought.
~~~
The
six of the students had arrived at a gas station. Alex pointed at the gas
prices, “Look how much it is right now. 4.50 dollars for gas?!”
“Having
a car is still worth it. We’ve been walking for an hour.” Jaime said.
“Imagine
if the gas price was…” Venus began walking over to the signs and she took out
the “4” from the panel, “50 cents?!”
“Wait
what are you doing?!” Shirley was surprised.
Venus
shook her head, “Oh shoot, I wasn’t thinking.” She ran off and the group
followed her.
“You
stole a gas sign, of all things?” Yessenia said with annoyance. “You should put
that back.”
Venus
threw the sign in the bushes nearby, “D-Don’t worry. We’ll be fine.”
~~~
“I knew there was something really
odd about her impulses too. She even went through a bunch of soldiers without
even trying!” Alex gave a smile.
~~~
The door
opened and one yelled, “What the hell is going on here?!” Fifteen soldiers were
stacked together right in front of the doorway. Venus jumped on top of all of
them so that she was at a higher level than the one soldier inside the
crematorium.
She took a
whip from one soldier below her and then she placed her hands on her hips,
“Hehe! Heads up, big guy!” She jumped onto his head and then the other soldier
in the crematorium tried to shoot her but he missed and shot at the machine.
The boy and the girl who were strapped onto the machine were surprised. The
machine zapped and became malfunctioned. Venus whipped both of the soldiers
without stopping. “This is what happens when you start to abuse little kids.
Feel this, you vile fiends, BUAH HAH HAH HAH!!” Both of the soldiers knocked
out completely. Venus unstrapped the children and they both hugged her, crying.
By now,
most of the fifteen soldiers regained sanity and started standing up. However,
almost all of the children were running everywhere and out of the factory. Alex
was being pushed around by the crowd as he was only standing there. He did not
know what to do in a situation like this. Venus decided to whip all of the
soldiers and each fell one by one. The two kids ran across them and the girl
turned around to say “Thank you lady!” Then, she ran off with the boy. They held
each other’s hands to make sure they were not split apart again like in the
factory. Alex was last to leave the factory. Venus made sure that the soldiers
were out cold and then she headed for Alex who was already near the exit from
where they came from.
Venus waved
at him, “Alex! Alex, over here!” She giggled. Alex was surprised at the fact
that she could pull off a plan such as freeing a whole bunch of children. Many
horses outside were running around from the crematorium’s bang earlier, and now
the stampede of children. Venus continued running while waving in happiness.
~~~
Matt sighed. “And then there were
those dark moments when she opened up to me.”
~~~
Venus
clenched her fists. "I-I know that
feeling too! Twice! But with Santi... that just makes three..." She began
to feel teary. "Santi didn't get to say goodbye... and so didn't the other
two... None of them said goodbye to me."
"Who
are you talking about?"
"Some
other guy that you don't know. The second is Jaime who is mysteriously evil. We
hung out plenty of times last year during May and June."
Matt
remembered that that was the time when Jaime briefly stopped appearing in
Matt's group while Matt and his friends met Rena. "Oh... so that's what
happened." Jaime had been appearing in and out of the group simultaneously
since he had been going to other groups to take a break from Matt's group.
Venus
nodded. "Yeah... It was as if he led me on as a friend, and then
disappeared without saying anything. That is why!" She wiped her tears
away and said with compassion, "That is why I want to keep searching for
him with you, Matt! I don't want to lose another friend. I want to find Jaime
and get answers. There is just so much that I want to ask. I don't even know
where to begin!" She gripped onto her whip. "If only I had a chance
to talk to him one more time, then maybe... maybe I could have known the truth.
I guess... he doesn't care about me at all." She closed her eyes and then
she began shaking in fear.
~~~
“She
even had the guts to tell me I should change.” Yessenia remembered.
~~~
Yessenia looked at Venus from head
to toe. “Why are you wearing a swim suit… Your… um… Stuff is a bit too
revealing.”
Venus crossed her arms. “Oh hmph!
You’re always dressed with so much security. You know, you’re always serious
and stuff.” She began giggling.
“And why are you always so joyous?”
She grabbed onto the metal bars as
well. “If this world has no joy, then what’s the point of living? Instead of
worrying all the time, I decide to act foolish here and there to keep the
spirit in our group running. Maybe you need to loosen up.”
Yessenia blushed. “What do you
mean?”
“You speak with grammar like some
person in their Victorian Era!”
“I do not.”
“You sound out every word you can
possibly say.”
“Is it a bad thing?”
“Not really but it just makes you
seem intimidating. Here, say ‘you are’.”
“You are? Why?”
“Now say ‘you’re’! Hehe.”
“Why do I need to say ‘you’re’?”
“See! I’m just saying you can talk
easier when you can say whatever you want! Just know that it doesn’t mean you
should get crappier at English and grammar.”
Yessenia was silent. She chuckled a
little. “I was once like you.”
“Huh? But…?”
“These powers… everything about it
made my sister become in danger. I had to protect her. I had to become more
serious.”
“Oh…” Venus only had a younger
brother. “I see… But, you shouldn’t be serious all the time just because of
that. Come on. Let’s run around the ship!” She grabbed onto Yessenia’s arm and
they began running up the steps and back down around the ship in a circle.
Yessenia was actually laughing out loud.
~~~
Jaime
then pointed at Benny, “And then there was you. It’s no wonder she was very
confused about how she felt when she read your suicidal note. She told me all
about this back in Elsiya. I know everything. You took advantage of her
feelings and lied! You don’t deserve her friendship!”
Alex
tried to get out of Venus’s group. “Yeah! That’s even worse!”
“So
please, come back to us, Venus!” Yessenia commanded.
“You’re
our friend no matter what happens!”
Matt added.
“Everyone…”
said a voice. A large amount of tears ran down Venus’s eyes and her face showed
sadness. “El Monte… Please save me…!”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Venus:
It is the last episode. I remember it all now!
Jaime:
How’s that for a finale? Now can we
go home?
Alex: B-Before
that Benny guy explodes in darkness?
Matt:
Now that I’m here, I can fly to the portal and help you guys up! Nix, come on,
help me!
Nix:
You got it!
Jaime:
That little chicken.
Venus:
We are finally going to go home, together!
Matt:
That’s right! No matter what you are, you’re still our friend and we will treat
you like a human being!
Venus: Thank you so much.
Yessenia: There is just one thing we forgot though.
Matt: That
one thing we all overlooked… Next
time on episode 260, The Choice is yours, to Stay or to Go Home!
Alex:
Wait, whose choice is it if we all want to go home?


0 comments:
Post a Comment