Saturday, July 23, 2011

Episode 97: Winny's Past in Edmund, Mariel Sees It All

The final world has finally opened up. The world of Edmund is gray and gloomy as ever. Memory losses have become an issue, but death is a more important factor to take note of. Each power wielder now has to face the truth as to why they are who they are. Are some born different? Many people would want to show their worth to the world while one may claim that saving the world is the most important ordeal to go through. Many students will show their impact and reason through existence, past, and of course, Rena’s storytelling. Of course, she has lots to tell but there is little time left. What will the group decide to do next in the world of Edmund…?

Episode 97 - Winny's Past in Edmund, Mariel Sees It All

            It was sunny in El Monte as the month of early June carried on. Mariel tried to call Matt, but he did not pick up his phone as his phone was on silent. Usually now, Matt would be having fun with some of his friends somewhere as an after school enjoyment, but she still could not find him. She tried calling other people about his whereabouts but Matt was nowhere to be found. At the point of calling Winny, Winny decided to ask a question in return.
            “Why do you need Matt?” Winny asked.
            “I… I just need to look for him for a research project.”
            “We have none as freshmen. The only big assignment we have is a power point, at least for English class.”
            “It’s for piano.”
            “Excuse me?”
            “Ugh, who am I kidding? Winny, I have decided that I will help save Edmund from despair. In order to do that, we need a massive amount of heat and that’s what Matt is for!” Mariel exclaimed. She was certain that the idea would help reverse the cold air. “El Monte’s future must not be extremely cold!”
            “The Freezing Impact belongs to El Monte’s future. We cannot change what has already been there.” Winny said bluntly over the phone.
            Mariel got angry, “What do you know about Edmund? It is slowly dying. Can’t you tell? Everybody seems to be in deep sadness.”
            “The question is, what do you know? Did you even research the history of El Monte in Edmund?”
            “I don’t need any more lectures, please. I’m going to find Matt first if that’s the last thing I’ll do. Together, we’ll both save the future’s planet!”
            “The future… Hmph.” Winny said. “I…” Mariel hung up immediately which caused Winny to make a slight gasp. “Hm.”
 ~~~
            In Edmund, Mariel appeared near the high school of El Monte. “Rain… it’s still here.” She held out her hand and she took a look at the sky, “It never stops.” Winny appeared next to her from teleportation. Mariel jumped in surprise, “W-Winny!”
            Winny spoke to her, “Mariel, you don’t realize that you’re making a huge mistake!”
            “A mistake? Please!” Mariel rolled her eyes. “A mistake is for us to not do anything. Don’t you get it? All of these worlds that we’ve been through began as a troubled society, damn it. All I’ve been doing was pretending to be strong. Now is our chance to show how strong we really are. Saving a planet… can you imagine that?”
            “Forget the future!” Winny yelled.
            “W-What…?” Mariel froze. “How could you say such a thing?” She clenched her fists.
            Winny crossed her arms, “You heard me. The future is not of our concerns.”
            “That’s selfish of you!!” Mariel became uncontrollably angry. She tried to punch Winny on the face but Winny grabbed Mariel’s fist really fast.
            Winny pushed Mariel’s fist strong enough to hold Mariel back as she took a step away. Winny pushed again and she pinned Mariel to the gates of the entrance of El Monte, “You don’t understand what the hell is going on in this world of Edmund! What you see here, is NOT El Monte!!” Winny suddenly froze and her eyes opened wide. Her ghostly giddy side poured out of her body like an aura.
            Mariel could see the both of them, but Winny’s giddy side was more transparent. “Not El Monte?”
            Winny’s giddy side told the serious personality, “Winny… Don’t hurt her. She is unaware of Edmund and I think it is best to tell her now.”
            Winny’s serious side became worried, “B-But…”
            “How are there two of you…?” Mariel wondered.
            Winny’s happiness spoke, “I am the good side of Winny. This is the real me, not the one you see right in front of you. When things go out of hand, I appear to stop her.”
            “Why don’t you just be happy all the time then? Why present the serious side of you?” Mariel questioned.
            Winny’s anger replied to Mariel, “That is because these powers of mine trapped me into somebody I’m not.”
            “I thought all powers were supposed to be gifted? Why is yours like this?” Mariel wondered.
            Winny’s anger shook her head, “Not always… Matt’s, for example. His passion for being a good person is causing him to avoid doing terrible deeds. As for me, I gave in.”
            “No you didn’t, Winny. You didn’t give in!” Winny’s happy side yelled.
            Mariel nodded, “That’s right. You’re with us even up to today. You’ve avoided being a bad person.”
            Winny let go of Mariel and then Winny closed her eyes. “Did I…? Or am I just… somebody who gives in to everything?”
            “Huh?” Mariel was confused.
            Winny was shaking and a dark aura was appearing around her. Winny’s happy side said in fear, “W-Winny, get a hold of yourself! Please!”
            Winny’s anger turned around and she walked forward a little, “The day I stepped foot in Edmund was in July 26, 2007. It was the first world that I’ve ever been into. My sister, Bendy, brought me in to show me all of her adventures that she had in high school aside from academics. The Diablo, who was once a good man, became angry that Bendy exploited her powers to normal people like me. Then, the Diablo became very angry with us. He said in order for us to both survive, Bendy must be the servant of the Diablo wherever she goes, even in our own world while I had to be given the power of a split personality. I didn’t want to, but I wanted my sister to stay alive, so I took the offer. At this point, it was just me who had powers within the class of 2011. Then came Santi…”
            Mariel fell to her knees. Her hair was draped in rain and her face had stands of hair running down her cheeks. “Then you… you’re the one who started exploiting powers to the rest of us?”
            “Indirectly and directly, yes.” Winny’s angry side said. “This is what the Diablo wanted. He wants me and my friends to be put on trial to see if we were able to withstand danger. He wanted us to become stronger so that when the time was best, he would have all of us side with him to take over Edmund and every other world known to man.”
            Mariel gasped. “What?! How could you let such things happen?! Why didn’t you tell us sooner? Because of you not saying anything, we continued to get stronger through Echoville and Emille. And look at where we are now. I’m stopping this damn Diablo if it’s the last thing I need to do!”
            Winny’s giddy side jumped, “Oh my! Don’t say that out loud. The Diablo could hear you.”
            Mariel stomped, “I don’t give a rat’s ass about what the Diablo can do! I’m going to show him who’s boss!”
            A larger dark aura appeared behind Winny’s serious personality. Mariel tried to take a step back but she was already against the gate. The Diablo eventually appeared with a large sword with horns and wings with gleaming red eyes. He was about 6’5 in height. His voice echoed in a demonic tone. “Who dares defy my orders?” The group of three was silent. “Winny?”
            The friendly Winny squealed and vanished into the serious side of Winny. Mariel gulped and said slowly, “The… Diablo?”
            Winny’s eyes were wide open in fear. Mariel could easily claim that this was the most terrifying moment for Winny. “Y-Yes?” Winny said in fear.
            “Why are you showing fear? I thought you were the strong Winny who I once knew? Why are you telling the origins of these powers?” The Diablo said to her. He raised his sword above her, “I already have a bunch of your underlings. I already saw some of your friends trying to roam around in Edmund. They can be my new watch dogs.”
            Mariel splashed water on the Diablo but it did not affect him. The water only slid down his body. Mariel pointed at the Diablo, “You leave her alone!”
            The Diablo turned to Mariel, “One of Winny’s underlings…”
            “I’m nobody’s underling!”
            The Diablo laughed and then he opened his fists. Just a simple task caused Mariel to scream in pain and fall down to the floor. Winny turned around in fear, “M-Mariel!”
            The Diablo laughed again. “So Winny, this actually looks kind of fun. Now, I have two hostages who you have to depend on. Bendy, and now Mariel. By the way, where is Bendy?”
            Winny took a step back, “She’s finishing her Senior Quest project in El Monte…”
            “Bring her to me. As for Mariel, she will only get into greater despair if you go against me one more time. Do whatever you want with her. We don’t want your friends to find out that she’s gone missing. Now, go!” The Diablo yelled.
            Winny nodded quickly, “Y-Yes, your majesty.” She decided to take Mariel into Arkon’s Magic to rest her in Winny’s Arkonic home.
 ~~~
            In Arkon’s Magic after a few hours, Matt, Santi, Yessenia, Shirley and Danny all visited Mariel. Winny told them about Mariel’s pain but lied about how she got into a concussion in order to protect herself from being in danger.
            “So she hurt herself for running all over Edmund, looking for information? Isn’t that a bit too much?” Santi wondered.
            Mariel began to moan in her sleep, “Edmund… Mm, the world…! The future…”
            “She has been having a nightmare I suppose.” Said Yessenia. “We should give her some more time.”
            Danny frowned, “Mariel… She told me before that she wanted to save Edmund so badly from despair. Maybe that’s what she was trying to do. Shouldn’t we do that?”
            Winny remembered that she should let them attempt to enter Edmund so that they could get stronger. This was her original procedure anyway. “Yeah, we should go to Edmund and see what’s wrong with it. It has been raining for quite awhile.”
            Matt nodded, “Good idea. So, starting here on, we won’t be just visiting Edmund for only minutes, but this time for awhile until we find clues. We will have to move on faster from now on until Edmund is finished.”
            Shirley agreed. “Yeah, you’re right. This will be for Mariel. I kinda understand how she’s feeling at this point.”
            “She’s trying her best and we must respect that.” Matt added. “Now, we have to plan this first. Whenever we are ready, we should all split up in smaller groups so that we can find information faster.”
            Santi stayed silent. Yessenia helped Matt, “We will split up in Edmund once Mariel is back to normal. But yeah, we should plan who will go where.”
            Shirley stood next to Matt, “We should go look around in Edmund’s El Monte!”
            Santi shook his head, “And I will tag along with you two because you both won’t be able to survive in such a place.”
            Shirley crossed her arms, “H-Hey!”
            Matt thought about it for a moment and then he said, “That’s okay. The fire powers that I have will get all weird so it would help if we have three people instead of two.”
            “Hmph, fine!” Shirley said with a grumpy attitude.
            Yessenia stood beside Winny, “We are both great at communication. We will ask around in Edmund to see what is going on in that world.”
            Winny agreed to go with her, “I guess that’s fine with me.”
            Danny stood next to Mariel, “And that leaves me. I will sit here and make sure Mariel’s okay.” Matt, Santi, Shirley, Yessenia and Winny decided that Danny should stay with Mariel. So, the group of five made their way to the exit from Winny’s Arkonic home.
 ~~~
            Outside, Shirley said sadly, “I sure hope Mariel is okay…”
            “Don’t worry. We always come out fine, and so will Mariel. I understand how she’s feeling too. She wants to help, doesn’t she?” Matt asked.
            “Yes. But what else can we do at the moment?” Yessenia questioned. “There is nothing left for now because if we go in Edmund and make progress without Mariel, it will only hurt her even more that she could not do anything.”
            “I say we wait then.” Matt suggested. “It’s not really that much of a deal to lag it a little.” Matt took out his cellphone, “We should all go back to our own homes and rest.”
            Shirley smiled, “You’re right. See you guys tomorrow!” She teleported away, followed by Matt and then Yessenia.
            Santi turned to Winny, “Do you realize what you are doing?”
            “You’re still worrying? I don’t care if you’re against it. I will try to find a best solution for this.” Winny said. “I don’t know what to do.”
            Santi sighed, “I do not want to stick with your ideas anymore. I’ve grown a close bond with these friends of mine and I want to spend my last moments with them before I am gone. It is not too long for me anymore.”
            “Then go, have fun with them. I will deal with this. But, without you, I will not be able to complete my tasks. Just you remember that, Santiago Vallejo.”
            Santi shook his head, “Do whatever you want. Just keep me out of it.” Santi took out his cellphone, “I am going hmoe now. See you next time.” Then, he teleported away.
            “Foolish values.” Winny said alone.
 ~~~
         While Danny was in the kitchen, Mariel opened her eyes in Winny’s bedroom. She sat up and saw a few Band-Aids on herself. She removed the blanket as she stood up from the bed. She took out her cellphone and then stared at the Edmund button. “Heh.”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next week on episode 98, we are all going to take a swim for PE again!
Shirley: Hey help me out here!
Alex: AGH! Go away!

Danny: Guys! Mariel is missing!
Yessenia: 600 years into the future... and Edmund is raining rapidly. At the moment, we are still suffering from the heat.
Alex: Tell me! Where would Mariel be?! Why is she gone?
Stan: Now that's more like it! I'm getting stronger by the minute. Haha!
Santi: Edmund is not some kind of theme park. There is something dangerous about it...
Matt: We will have to find Mariel ourselves without trying to expose the information of Edmund to Alex. Here goes nothing! Next time on episode 98, The Diablo Takes Two, Mariel Is Missing!!
Danny: I don't know anything, I swear!


0 comments:

Post a Comment