The final world has finally opened up. The world of Edmund is gray and gloomy as ever. Memory losses have become an issue, but death is a more important factor to take note of. Each power wielder now has to face the truth as to why they are who they are. Are some born different? Many people would want to show their worth to the world while one may claim that saving the world is the most important ordeal to go through. Many students will show their impact and reason through existence, past, and of course, Rena’s storytelling. Of course, she has lots to tell but there is little time left. What will the group decide to do next in the world of Edmund…?
Episode 98 - The Diablo Takes Two, Mariel Is Missing!
In the swimming pool across the street from El Monte High School, Matt and Santi sat down on the stairs, waiting for instructions from their teacher. While waiting, they were focusing on Shirley and Alex yelling at each other as quiet as they could.
“Come on Alex, let’s go to the bigger pool!”
“I don’t want to!” Alex rejected.
“You have to get better at swimming some time soon. What if we all want to swim for fun in the future and you’re the only one who can’t do it?”
“I’m okay with that.”
“You suck, come on!”
Matt suddenly interrupted them. He stood up, scratching his hair, “Agh!! Stop with the arguing already! We’re trying to wait peacefully for our teacher to come here but you two are so loud!”
A random voice from behind the crowd said, “Ay, shut up!”
Matt sat back down, “Peh. Whatever.”
Santi coughed, “Ahem, aside from the argument, Danny’s coming closer.”
“Why? He’s supposed to be with the other PE class.” Shirley watched Danny making his way to them.
Danny eventually arrived and said in a panic, “You guys, this is serious. It’s about Mariel.”
“Again?” Matt said in surprise. “What is it now?”
Alex listened closely but he did not say anything. Shirley noticed that Alex was watching Danny, waiting for an answer. “Hey Danny, why don’t you tell us later?”
Danny whispered into Shirley’s ear, “Mariel’s gone missing! I thought she was under the bed sheets the whole time but I noticed the next day that the blanket wasn’t moving. I thought she stopped breathing so I checked but it was just the blanket all scrunched up into the shape of a sleeping person!”
“All this time, you’ve been looking after someone who was not there?!” Shirley screamed. She turned around, “Ah, eh… hehe. Okay, we’ll go check ‘that’ place that she wants to go to so much.” She whispered to Danny, “You can talk to Alex while we’re there.”
Danny frowned, “Aw why do you get to go?”
Shirley whispered, “I didn’t mean it like that. After you two split, then you can come to us, okay?”
Danny agreed but with a slight hesitation, “Hrm, I guess that’s okay.”
Shirley smiled, “Good boy!” She suddenly grabbed onto Matt’s and Santi’s sleeves and then she ran off with them. Santi barely kept his balance getting off the steps but Matt just fell on his face while sliding down each step on the stairs.
~~~
In Edmund, Matt and Shirley appeared around the school area. Santi appeared behind them and he opened his phone to text Winny and Yessenia about the plan that was previously made. Matt had his right hand on his chin, thinking out loud. “Hm, now where would we be if we were Mariel?”
Shirley began shaking. “This is serious. Mariel could be doing something dangerous and we won’t know what she would be up to.”
Santi closed his phone, “Okay. I told Yessenia and Winny to search around this school and ask around while we will take a few detours around the city of El Monte. I am afraid that right now starts the journey through Edmund where we will have to be faster-paced. Are you two ready?”
“Of course I am!” Matt said enthusiastically.
“Me too!” Shirley added.
“Alright. That is great to hear. Let’s go!” Santi took the lead in the group.
~~~
Winny and Yessenia appear in Edmund at the entrance of school. Yessenia knelt down and felt the water pouring onto the ground, “This is strange… Rain is still pouring.”
“What do you mean?” Winny asked.
“Edmund is a world filled with rain. 600 years in the past, we suffer from heat, especially when summer is coming. This is something that I want to figure out. Why is it so cold everyday? Did we fix Global Warming a bit too much?”
From afar, Yessenia and Winny could see Willy and Stinna running closer. “Look, it’s them again, Willy and um, Stinna. They met Matt and Santi already before.” Winny explained before the two people arrived.
Willy was on his knees, breathing heavily. Stinna knelt against the gate, “I’ve seen you before.” Stinna said to Winny.
“I’m Winny, and she is Yessenia.” Winny introduced herself along with Yessenia.
“Hello there.” Stinna tried to smile. “Well, there is something dangerous up ahead in the school. Please, avoid this school this instant!”
Winny stared closely at Willy, “You there… You’re…”
Willy gasped and then he hid behind Stinna. Yessenia was concerned about El Monte. “What happened in there?”
“They took the divine lady, Rena away. I thought she was calcified long ago!” Stinna exclaimed. “Now with the chosen being taken away, the Diablo will be even stronger!”
“Who’s ‘they’?” Yessenia wondered.
A dark aura appeared beside Stinna. Winny opened her eyes wide and Yessenia noticed Winny’s fear. The Diablo appeared with his demonic voice again, “Who dares discuss this? Rena is for me and me only!”
Yessenia took a step back, “W-What in the world?!”
The Diablo opened his palms in front of Stinna. Willy grabbed onto Yessenia’s legs, “No! Sister!”
Stinna screamed in pain. The Diablo swung his cape around Stinna. “I shall punish you. Come to my lair!” Stinna disappeared within the Diablo’s cape as the both of them vanished together.
Willy began crying, “Sister! Sister!!”
Yessenia turned to Winny, “What was that all about?” Winny only nodded to stall time. Yessenia grabbed Winny’s shoulders and then she shook them, “I saw that expression of yours. TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!”
Winny began having tears down her eyes. Those tears were easily distinguishable apart from the raindrops. “I…” She turned around and said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Winny really wanted to tell Yessenia this time, but she knew that the Diablo is always watching her and listening to everything she says.
Yessenia closed her eyes, “Is that it? You are just really pathetic. I will find more information myself.” She walked off without Winny. Willy looked up at the both of them and he did not know what to do. So, Willy grabbed onto Winny’s right leg and he kept hugging her.
~~~
“Where is Mariel?” Alex asked bluntly.
“She’s nowhere!” Danny failingly lied.
Alex scratched his head, “Huh? How is that possible? You don’t get it. I care about her the most out of anybody yet she wouldn’t let me show my care. Right now, she could be in danger because she’s not even in school!”
“She’s resting! She probably got sick.” Danny said.
“’Probably’? Even you don’t know how she’s doing.”
Danny frowned, “You don’t even know how I feel either. Mariel… is my closest friend too, possibly even closer than you are.”
“How could you say that?”
“Mariel… has a secret that I know of which you don’t know.”
Alex gasped, “What? Tell me what it is!”
“Not yet. Now’s not the time to…”
Alex grabbed Danny by the collar, “Y-You better tell me!”
Danny took a step away, “F-Fine! But promise me that you won’t go crazy.” Alex nodded and then Danny took out his cellphone to show Alex the ‘Edmund’ button. “Here. Press that.” Alex raised his eyebrows in confusion, but he pressed the button anyway.
~~~
In Edmund’s El Monte entrance, Alex took a look around. “What the? How did we get here so fast?”
“This is Edmund.”
“This is El Monte.” Alex corrected.
‘There is so much to tell you. Where should I start?” Danny wondered.
~~~
In the Diablo’s lair, the Diablo had Rena and Stinna held captive. Also, Stan was present with Jen. Stan saluted, “Sir, Jen has been given the power of Holy.”
“Ah, so you finally completed the injection.” Said the Diablo. “My apprentice, Stan- No, my partner now, you are allowed to call me by my real name: Luther.”
“Luther, I see.” Stan smiled. “What will be my next mission?”
“Well, you never fail to disappoint me. What is it that you wish?”
Stan laughed, “Hah! More power. I want to show those kids who’s boss.”
“My third underling, Winny is on the job. The rest of them are working like little ants. Once they arrive at this tower, I can annihilate all of them in one hit and they will bow down to me. All of their strengths will become ours.” The Diablo began laughing loudly.
Rena was in a cage, feeling very surprised. “No…”
“This can’t be.” Stinna said. “What about my little brother?!”
“Your little brother?” The Diablo asked. “Why, you claimed his name to be ‘Willy’ in front of Winny and her friends. That was a load of bull.” Stinna closed her eyes in shame. The Diablo continued, “Now tell me, is his name not Santiago or what?”
“Santiago…” Stinna said. “That’s true. My little brother looks a lot like Winny’s friend, Santiago, only younger. They must have come from another world.”
Luther took a few vials in his hands, “Look at all of these powers, hehe.” He turned to Stinna, “Those dumb kids don’t even realize where they are. They believe this is the future.”
Rena frowned, “I told them that it is the future… but the future only applied to the Forest of Emille. Edmund is its own world.”
“Exactly, my little Rena! You too, have the power to meddle between worlds, is it not? The both of us can! The truth about Edmund, the most important thing to know is that… Edmund is only a parallel universe of those kids’ world!”
Stan was amazed. “Whoa! Is that true?”
Jen said without any expression, “Parallel… universe?”
“We live in a source of cold air! We need the cold. Just like their world needing the sun, we do need our own sources. Poor Mariel, trying her damn best just to try and change the planet into what she wants. Haha!”
Rena shook the cage, “Tell Mariel now! She’s only wasting her time and energy on something that cannot be changed!”
“Why should I? It only makes her to eagerly become a lot stronger. Thus, I can take her powers away right at that moment. Let’s just sit around and wait until they are at their ultimate levels. As for now, if I set up a tower in the center of Edmund’s El Monte, I can grab all of their attentions. Along the way on the bottom of the tower will be a bunch of giant digicells for them to fight. Let’s see if they can even pass this first test. It is the trial of survival!”
Stan took out his sword, “And I shall wait on the top floor. Is that fine with you?”
“You can be their last test. Good thinking! I can see that Mariel is standing right above where we are hiding. I shall release the tower!” said Luther.
Stan grabbed Jen’s arm, “Come on Jen, your power of Holy will be useful to us too.”
“Yes… sir.” Jen said blankly.
Stinna slid to the ground as if she had no more hope, “Rena… what are we going to do now…? My little brother…”
Rena clenched her fists, “We have to think of something. In the meantime, let us hope that Matt and his friends will be able to survive!”
~~~
Outside of Edmund’s El Monte, Matt, Santi, Shirley, along with Yessenia, Winny, Danny, and Alex at separate areas, all saw the tower of El Monte expanding in width and then in enormous length. Even at different ends of the city, all the students fell to the ground because of the shaking.
Winny looked up at the tower while it was growing, “This is… the Tower of Despair.”
Willy followed Winny, “Hey lady where did that tall building come from?” He said in fear. He was a bit scared after experiencing a mock-earthquake.
Winny tried to explain without exploiting anything important, “It is the hidden tower which has finally been revealed.” Winny thought in her mind, “(Your sister is in there too. The tower right before our eyes is where the Diablo does all of his work.)”
From afar, Danny pointed, “Look at that, Alex! Mariel might be over there. We’ll both find her and then we can ask her a few questions, okay?” At this point, Danny was almost finished telling the whole story of what happened in the beginning of his journey with Matt and his friends. Alex did not want to believe Danny, but seeing this tower appear from underground made Alex reconsider it.
Yessenia took out her blunt sword, “I should check this place out! It could be really dangerous.” She said to herself.
Then came the last three students. Matt, Santi and Shirley all looked up at the tower. “So… I’m assuming we’re going there since we don’t know what to do next anyway?” Matt questioned.
Shirley slapped Matt, “No duh!”
Santi took out his scimitar, “Well, prepare yourselves anyway. It could get really dangerous in there. I just know it. Or… I remember it was.”
“You remember? What do you mean by you remembering?” Matt became confused.
Santi looked away, “We’ll talk about it while we get there. I feel that there is so much to tell you two which pretty much sums up everything about why we are doing the things we do today. So here goes…”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next week on episode 99, we are going to know of all the events that happened before episode 1!
Winny: The origins about me? How wonderful.
Matt: When did you become a part of the origins? Tch!
Winny: Oho? Don't you doubt me. Remember the first time we met, I told you about injecting you with fire powers?
Matt: I-I was creeped out about that. Don't remind me...
Santi: And how do you suppose everybody else got their powers?
Yessenia: The origins will be a two-part episode where even Jon and I will be involved.
Jon: I remember those times...
Matt: Here we go, onto our 99th and 100th episode specials of Fires of the Sky! Next time on episode 99, Winny and the Origins of Edmund!
Winny: STAY AWAY FROM HER! Please!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment