Saturday, December 29, 2012

Episode 208 - A Tainted Past, the Battle is One-Sided?!

On the last arc, Rowen had taken advantage of Matt and Alex and was able to retrieve both the Bird’s Tear and the Rainbow Mist. Going back to Tigre Village, the Telsi Potion was made to revive his three old friends: Droan, Anietta, and Narisa! At a close pinch, the main group of El Monte was able to stop him with teamwork. Now that the potion has been used, how will the students return to Earth? Telgei appears and tells them that there is a possibility, but it would mean attending the Sunlit Mayhem. The ten students have been through an overwhelming loss in their Sunlit Mayhem score, but there is still time to pull through. Will these students be able to make it?
Episode 208 – A Tainted Past, the Battle is One-Sided?!

            Jaime and Venus were still in the hotel room. Venus was almost in tears again as she was explaining her whole story. It seemed as though Venus was hiding something devastating. “You know… I’ve always worried too soon whenever a guy leaves me, even as friends. Santi, Johnny, you… It just hurt me so easily.”
            Jaime felt terrible after how much effort he put in for Tony back at the Marconian Continent against Venus. “I’m sorry… I didn’t know my friendship meant that much to you.”
            Venus said in a quiet but weary tone, “Well… I get sensitive over friendship because back in middle school… I had two friends named Ben and Kimmy. Basically, Kimmy and I would bash on our friend, Ben, but I had no idea that our jokes gone too far. As days gone by, he had gone through depression and he was told to take anti-depressant pills. I didn’t know about this for a while, but Johnny, unknowingly the only one who could keep Ben alive from contemplating suicide, found Ben in a bathroom stall taking pills in order to stop being depressed. That was when Ben told Johnny everything about me and Kim – which led Johnny to explain Ben’s whole problem to me.”
            “And then what happened…?” Jaime was eager to listen.
            “Ben lied to Johnny, saying everything is all good now. On the next day, he left a long letter in my seat in our science class. It was a suicide letter… Nobody found his body, but with that suicide letter, it is safe to assume he’s already gone… Ever since the rest of middle school, Johnny had been blaming me and hating on me so much. I think Ben was Johnny’s best friend too. During eighth grade, the following year, I saw Johnny with cuts on his left arm and he usually sat alone. It came as a surprise to me when he suddenly decided to forgive me months ago when I saw him here in Elsiya…”
            “That Johnny is here…?”
            “Yeah. I really want to say sorry to Johnny, but I guess I deserved to have my necklace stolen, although it was my grandma’s…”
            “Your grandma gave you the necklace?” Jaime stood up. “But you tried to say sorry though, right?”
            Venus shook her head. “I really, really tried my best to apologize. It’s my fault.”
            Jaime grabbed her hands. Venus blushed. Jaime said to her, “Let’s go. We need to get that necklace back. We will ask kindly if anything, okay?”
            Venus sighed. “But he’s… I don’t know where he is.”
            “We’ll look for him together then! If that necklace means so much, then we must get it back. You can also break any problems you have with him. I’m sure he’ll understand.”
            “I… I guess you’re right.” Venus said with pride.
 ~~~
            It was still intermission. William was talking to Van and Maggie after he had finished resting up from his match early in the mayhem. Jenny seemed to have gone missing, however. The girls and William decided it was best to go search for her since she still needed to participate in the mayhem. At the same time, Droan had made way on his own to the Vineyard Beanstalk to ask for the mother of Elsiya’s blessings. Successfully, he was able to become the new air spirit of Elsiya. The world of Elsiya was becoming more prosperous now and the abyss was no more. However, the Grand Cradle was still in activation. Droan said to himself, “Please, students of El Monte, return home. I will pray for your safety…” He said in worrisome.
 ~~~
            As the mayhem was still brewing, Yessenia was called forth to start the seventh battle. Amy, Julie, Joseph, Alice, and Michael were venturing the village together before they were ready to leave, at least hopefully they could if the El Monte students win. Stan and Peter were backstage. Jenny barely arrived and she giggled nervously. “Sorry I was late! Thank goodness I wasn’t next anyway!”
            “Yeah. What happened anyway?” Peter was slightly curious.
            “Oh, I just took a break. A long restroom break.” Jenny said quickly.
            Spokesman Gerald called out through the microphone, “And on the blue team, another student from El Monte, Jon!”
            “Jon, from El Monte?!” Brandon repeated from the hospital. He was almost done healing up. Jennifer, Lupe, and Bunny had returned to him to check if he was healing.
            Yessenia watched Jon appear from his backstage. “I had a feeling he would be here.”
            Jon fixed his glasses. His hair was spiked up compared to most of his appearance back in Freshman year. “Miss me, Yessenia?” Yessenia said nothing in response.
            Gerald then announced again, “As usual, Yessenia will fight for El Monte’s freedom to return home! Jon’s right will be to protect Sharon from slavery!”
            “What is this, Jon?!” Stan reacted. Stan and Jon were gaming friends who notably appeared at the same time in Freshman year occasionally. “You’re fighting against us too?!”
            Peter sat down and waited. “I wouldn’t be surprised. We talked about Jon’s possible appearance several times here anyway.” As for Jenny, she had nothing to say.
            The referee raised both flags up and Yessenia went first. She took out her long sword and dashed towards Jon without hesitation. “We shall see how our noble friendship is presented in this battle!” She said with a smile. Jon slowly avoided Yessenia several times. Yessenia took a step back. “What are you plotting? Why are you not using your Dispel powers?”
            “I don’t have them.” Jon whispered.
            “What?” Yessenia was confused. “Do not lie to me!” She created a Tornado Spin but Jon only jumped out of the area and then he took out a knife. “So you have another power?”
            Jon shook his head. “Yep. I can aim carefully with my knives.” He threw a knife at her slowly but Yessenia created a Wind Counter which sent the knife back to him. Jon had another knife to throw at his own original knife. Both of these utensils fell onto the floor.
            Yessenia raised one of her eyebrows. “Your speed… it is extremely slow.”
            “Oh well?” Jon said carelessly.
            Alex raised his fists. “Yeah, go Yessenia! I’m sure she’s going to win!”
            Matt was in the hospital, watching with Jen and Kalpesh. Jen commented on their on-going battle, “Gee, Yessenia sure looks like she’ll be able to win this one.”
            “Like always.” Matt said with certainty.
            Yessenia threw a Pinwheel attack at Jon and then she leaped above him and she raised her sword as if she was going to drop with a Heavy Strike. Jon slowly avoided her attack again. “Are you even trying?!” Yessenia said. She dropped to the ground and then she ran towards Jon. Jon did not run away. Spokesman Gerald watched carefully.
            Yessenia and Jon were now face-to-face. Jon sighed. “Oh come on, is that all you got, Yessenia? As an artistic girl, I expected a more interesting battle.”
            Yessenia became frustrated. She elbowed him and then she pinned him down to the ground. “Say that again, artistic friend!”
            Jon yawned. “We’re both artistic in our own way, but man, you don’t seem that strong.” He laughed.
            Yessenia punched him again and then he quickly closed his eyes. This made her confused a bit. The referee raised the blue flag. “The blue team is unable to battle! The score for El Monte is now at two wins and three losses!”
            Spokesman Gerald’s microphone dropped from his astonishment and he yelled to himself, “What is this?!”
            Yessenia looked up at Gerald and then back at Jon, “What are you plotting…” Jon still had his eyes closed. Yessenia stood up and then she took several steps back, watching as the doctors checked up on him.
            Christine became worried. “I hope she didn’t injure him too much…”
            Thuy closed her eyes. “This is becoming too cruel.”
            Danny disagreed. “Hah! That evil jerk deserved it after what he did! Even though he turned good in the end… Still, he’s fighting against us again, so he must be evil!”
            The doctors began conversing with each other. Yessenia carefully watched them. She was confused as to why the doctors are taking a while to send Jon away until she noticed that Jon’s finger was pointing upwards towards Spokesman Gerald who had already disappeared from his seat. Lastly, she took notice of Jenny, the only student to run up to Jon to check if he was okay. “W-What?” she said about everything that just happened. “Something is going on here.” She exited the stage on her own to begin her search.
 ~~~
            “We will begin the next battle at full haste!” announced Spokesman Gerald. Yessenia, who barely made her way out of the stage, felt alert about this. Something was wrong. Perhaps the speed was going by a bit too much. Luckily, this could save them time to finish the mayhem before sunrise. “Stanley, from El Monte!”
            Stan said to Jenny and Peter, “Well it looks like you two are the remaining ones! Here I go!” He raced to the center of the arena. “Finally, after all this time, I get to use my powers usefully. Matt, I’ll show you what it’s like to win! Hehe.”
            Alex stood up from his seat. “He’s going to fight like a wanna-be RPG character again! Ugh!”
            Christine said to him without any surprise, “Er… you two are really competitive in your games.”
            Alex said to her, “I’ll have you know, I defeated him in Street Fighter after he boasted so much about beating Matt and Kalpesh in that game!”
            “And our blue team presents… Taiger!” Gerald yelled.
            “What is this?!” Matt said from the hospital. He tried to sit up but the nurse deliberately told him to sit back down. “I can beat Taiger too!”
            Once the battle was left for the referee to start, Gerald had already disappeared from his seat. Yessenia, still with full energy, watched him disappear. “Something does not seem right around here. What is he doing now?” She headed for the steps above the backstage.
            From where Gerald was sitting, he had started a conversation with Telgei. Telgei interrogated him about what he knows about Arri and the Sunlit Continent. Gerald, with his same, usual smile, said he has no idea what Telgei is talking about. “Is there something you are planning?” Telgei asks kindly.
            “I don’t know what you’re saying! The mayhem is a traditional battle to go home.”
            “I see.” Telgei lied as he walked away. “Well, carry on, then. Ohohoh…”
            “What was that all about?” Gerald said to himself as he went back to his seat. Yessenia was listening in on their conversation.
 ~~~
            Stan and Taiger’s battles have already started. Taiger had his claws sharpened and ready. “Excuse me, sir. I may have not met you yet, of all El Monte students.” Taiger bowed.
            “Why are you bowing?! I’m Stan, one of the strongest here!”
            “I see.” Taiger disappeared and he teleported behind Stan. “But are you the fastest?” He elbowed Stan from behind and said, “I’m afraid I have to start the battle first, just to see where you stand.”
            Stan almost fell, but he stood perfectly fine in the end. “Ergh, damn it. You almost got me.”
            “I see you have a pretty good balance there.” Taiger was amazed. “Heh.”
            Alex raised his fists. “What the heck?! He totally jumped up like in the RPG games!”
            Thuy said kindly, “Who knew those moves from the games actually worked? Hehe.”
            Jen was sitting with Kalpesh and Jason. She commented on Stan’s movements, “It looks like Stan is playing around a bit too much. I’m worried…”
            “I’m so telling Stan this.” Kalpesh laughed.
            “B-Be quiet! I’m just worried!”
            “Why doesn’t anyone love me?!” Jason said off to the side.
            Stan took out a weapon and then he created a shield to save time with guarding against Taiger. He had a zweihander in hand. “Damn. This is one long ass weapon.”
            “Watch your mouth, young lad!” Taiger sped up and he tried to work around Stan’s movements. Stan was caught several times.
            Taiger was in midair and he tried to kick Stan. Stan ducked and he tried to make a quick swipe against Taiger’s back with his zweihander. Taiger was quick enough to teleport away from Stan’s position. “So close!” Stan said to himself. “The zweihander is supposed to be useful due to its quick speed and lightness. Time for a different approach.” He thought. He created a larger shield this time but he was not able to attack. Stan had to use two hands to hold onto the shield while Taiger was constantly clawing his way through the shield one strike after another.
 ~~~
            From the hospital, Matt was eating ice cream. “Damn it, Stan! Try harder and defeat him, you loser!” He suddenly heard footsteps from afar. There were neither nurses nor doctors nearby. “W-Who’s there?” The footsteps were actually quite loud as if someone heavy was coming nearby. “Stop right there, you fiend!” He pointed at the door in front of him with an ice cream spoon.
            A large shadowy figure appeared behind the door. The door began opening and Matt saw the man. “AHHHH!!!!!!”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Stan: Time is running short. I think I need to turn the tables here.
Kalpesh: Are you really using that old saying again?
Stan: I’m challenging against a super fast… uh… what is he again?
Thuy: Not human, that’s for sure. Still, I believe in you, Stan!
Alex: What the heck is he doing?
Stan: Spinning! What else?
Alex: Spinning only happens in RPGs for dramatic battle effects! Are you really using it in real life?!
Christine: Oh my gosh. His opponent is missing!
Joey: It’s actually working!!!
Matt: Stan seems to be really good at battling. Next time on episode 209, Chivalrous RPG Battle, Levi and Marri’s Point of View!
Alex: Are you guys kidding me?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment