On the
last arc, Rowen had taken advantage of Matt and Alex and was able to retrieve
both the Bird’s Tear and the Rainbow Mist. Going back to Tigre Village, the
Telsi Potion was made to revive his three old friends: Droan, Anietta, and
Narisa! At a close pinch, the main group of El Monte was able to stop him with
teamwork. Now that the potion has been used, how will the students return to
Earth? Telgei appears and tells them that there is a possibility, but it would
mean attending the Sunlit Mayhem. The ten students have been through an
overwhelming loss in their Sunlit Mayhem score, but there is still time to pull
through. Will these students be able to make it?
Episode 207 – Regrets of Past Friendships, Sunlit’s
History Revealed?
Backstage, Telgei appeared behind
the remaining group: Yessenia, Stan, Jenny, and Peter. While Matt and Vialaro
were battling each other, Telgei spoke up, “Yessenia, may I have a word with you?”
Yessenia turned around, wondering why he decided to talk all of the sudden
compared to when they were in Gerald’s home. Still, this was good for her. She
decided to speak with Telgei.
“What is wrong?” Yessenia asked in a
loyal manner.
“Although I do hope nothing is wrong
with my friend Gerald, I would like to listen to your story now that the battle
is still going and we have time to talk about this. What have you been
pondering with, child?”
Yessenia gave him her testimony,
“Well, several of my friends claimed that he was only focusing on Sharon’s
battle. Even though you might think it is a coincidence that maybe that battle
between Shirley and Sharon was most exciting to him, but I would like you to
take this possibility into consideration.”
“That is strange. This could be a
possibility, like you say. Besides, I have not contacted Gerald for several
months before we got here a day ago. It would be likely that things have
changed, but I will have a word with him. For now, just follow the mayhem and do
not worry. Focus on getting home. I will talk to him after the second
intermission. If you students happen to be absent during your rounds just
because you are focusing too much on Gerald, the rules state that you will
automatically be forfeited.”
“I see… Thank you for the warning.”
Yessenia said in grief. It was great to have Telgei understand both sides
before choosing which side is correct. He walked away and Yessenia focused on
the match along with Spokesman Gerald from the stage up above. “Hm…” She
pondered.
~~~
After several minutes into the
battle, Matt was already struggling. He could defend himself, but he could not
attack. Vialaro was a long range attacker and even worse, as a sniper, his
speed was extremely high. Matt was sweating. “I get that you’re not just some
musclehead.”
“What did you just call me?”
“Uh! …” He threw a surprise fireball
at Vialaro which exploded in midair when Vialaro pulled a trigger against it.
“Damn it. Fireballs don’t seem to work here as long as he’s focusing on me. Well
then, here goes nothing!” He had the time to glide into the air with the
flaming jets on his feet. “Fire Needles!” Flaming needles flew towards Vialaro.
The upside about the needles compared to the fireballs was that they were
harder to see. Vialaro shot the air in a circular motion which inevitably
destroyed every needle before they reached him. He also had the opportunity to
shoot Matt on the arm while Matt was in the air.
Matt jumped back to the ground,
grabbing his right arm in pain. Vialaro shrugged. “It looks like you’re losing,
young chap.”
Matt made a fireball again but this
time he expanded it in order to start up a Twirling Flame. He threw it at
Vialaro which was difficult to shoot down due to its spinning and turbulence.
Vialaro had no choice but to use his sniper as a shield. He was slightly
inflicted due to the fact that his sniper was not wide enough to protect him.
Matt raised his fists. “Yes! Gotcha!” Vialaro’s speed was so quick that he
speedily stood back up and jumped up. “W-What the?”
Vialaro shot Matt from the air and
Matt had to use his Fire Shield as quickly as possible. He used his other hand
to create a few Fire Missiles. “Ergh… too much power is being used by me.” Matt
said. He had a difficult time using two magic abilities at once: the Fire
Shield and the Fire Missiles. Both abilities suddenly canceled and Vialaro was
able to fall and pin Matt from above. Matt was flat on the ground.
“Checkmate.” Vialaro glared with a
slight grin.
“Heh. Not yet.” Matt said in his
struggles. “I can’t lose… I may have lost friends several times in the past,
and most of it was probably my fault. I let my guard down, and I took my
friends for granted.” He said. This caused Vialaro to wait for Matt to finish
his speech. The audience became quieter. “Erica, Sammy, Mariel, Rena, Santi,
Melanie, and even Nix… They all disappeared in several different ways and part
of their reason was because of me. I wasn’t strong enough, physically, nor
mentally. If I was able to bring any of them back, I would!” Matt tried his
best to break through Vialaro’s grip. “I don’t care if I get hurt in the
process. If anything is to blame for hurting my friends’ hearts, it should be
me…!!!” Matt’s leg was near Vialaro’s behind. At this point, Matt tried to
create flames on his feet by imitating the fact that he could glide. Vialaro’s
bottom was on fire and then he jumped off.
“Ergh!” He said angrily. “You and
your damn words.”
Jen looked away, “What did he mean
by… ‘Erica’…?” She became curious.
Danny covered his eyes. “Oh no!!
Matt’s making a fool out of an evil man!”
“He seems pathetic to me.” Alex said
bluntly.
“But he’s super strong!” Danny
thought. “Matt’s going to get it now!”
Matt was finally able to use one of
his strongest abilities. “This might take a while, but it will be worth it.” He
created flames from his hands and then he clapped them together.
Vialaro tried to shoot Matt before
he could summon whatever he was trying to do, but Matt motioned his body on his
own and he was barely scratched by any of Vialaro’s gunshots. “How am I
missing?!” Vialaro said in surprise.
Matt aimed at Vialaro. “I just need
to focus on your movements… And… Go!” He created a large Fire Eruption but
Vialaro constantly shot several bullets in one second. This caused the
explosion to go haywire and the whole arena on the ground floor was turned into
an explosive flame.
The group watched and cheered to see
the result of the battle. Matt and Vialaro were both on their knees. They were
unable to make any other clever moves this time. The referee waited for ten
seconds and then he raised both flags. Matt looked away. “Damn, that was not
good enough…”
“That was still awesome!” Christine
cheered.
Thuy clapped her hands. “That’s Matt
from Columbia middle school! Hehe.”
Jen gave a sigh. “Matt… you didn’t
die, thank goodness.”
Spokesman Gerald called out onto the
microphone, “Matt and Vialaro are
unable to battle! This match is a draw!”
Yessenia said with a serious tone,
“That still leaves us with one win and three losses. We have only four more
battles to win, so the only possible way to win is to constantly succeed.”
Jenny frowned. “That sounds
unlikely…”
Stan interrupted the deep mood
between the group. “We just have to have more confidence! There is still a
chance.”
Peter agreed with him. “Although I
don’t believe we’ll win, the possibility is still slim, but it’s still a chance
nonetheless.”
Yessenia said to them, “Correct.
This time, we will be much more serious. You three will have to take the burden
now.”
Stan and Peter looked away in shame.
“Look what you made her say!” Stan said angrily.
Peter
said sadly, “I didn’t mean for her to say that though…”
~~~
Winny’s group finally arrived at
Aielle Village. The whole El Monte group was finally in one piece, except for
Sharon and Jon still. Winny began to explain her adventure in Arri to Yessenia.
She reached the end of her story. “Therefore, the Grand Cradle side-effect of
the Sunlit Continent… is ‘fraud’ itself.”
“Fraud?!” Yessenia said angrily.
“What do you mean by that?” Yessenia was standing by herself besides Winny’s
group. She noticed Tony was standing next to them. “And… Tony?”
Tony chuckled. “Eh. Long story…”
Winny went on, “The men at Arri
village knew much about the Grand Cradles because they are the core
knowledgeable civilians of Elsiya besides most of the tigermen. As you can see,
once the Grand Cradle is activated in the Sunlit Continent, the mayhem is able
to continue with discrepancy.”
“What are you trying to say?”
Omar answered for Winny, “Basically,
the Sunlit Mayhem is an honest and sincere battle for freedom, but with the
Grand Cradle activated, the Sunlit Mayhem becomes flawed and messes up the
cycle of honesty and sincerity. Therefore, even if whatever team wins, someone
on the Sunlit Continent would be able to make nobody escape back to home.”
“What?! How can that even happen
just because of a Grand Cradle?”
Jaime added to the information, “We
learned that the Grand Cradles are the life form giving human extraordinary
power of permission to any rituals such as the mayhem itself. If we do not find
the source of whoever is stopping us from returning home, then things will be
fine.”
“We cannot just stop the Grand
Cradle?”
Telgei appeared in front of the
group. “Nobody knows where the Sunlit Cradle is. It has been sealed for several
centuries in the Elsiyan history.”
The five students were surprised.
Yessenia sighed. “So we have to look for it…” She decided it was a better idea
to split up the groups so that the search would be faster during intermission.
~~~
Shirley and Levi were bonding
together, walking and searching for Sharon. Shirley had already explained to
Levi what happened since they left Echoville and why Sharon is important to
her. Levi hesitated to tell her own story about what happened in her life since
Echoville since she does not know Marri’s side of the story yet. Shirley knelt
down from the pain. “Ergh… the pain is-…”
“Shirley! You have to take a break.”
Levi said. “I didn’t know those pains are this bad…”
Shirley sighed. “It already looks
like we’re losing too…”
Levi thought about her own Echoville
score: one loss and two draws. “We’re not that great either… If anything, we’re
in on this together.”
Shirley giggled. “You know, you’re
really nice. Back then, Mariel told me how mean you were but you were actually
caring.”
Levi blushed. “Sh-Shut up! I don’t
care. Hehe…” She became silent for a few seconds. “OH! How’s Mariel?! Is she
alright?!”
Shirley’s heart skipped a beat from
surprise. “She…” Levi waited for an answer but Joey appeared.
“SHIRLEY!!! Why are you out of the
hospital?!?!?!” He yelled from the top of his lungs.
Shirley stuttered. “W-Wah… Look who
came by at the wrong time. Hi, Joey!”
Joey grabbed her shoulders and
helped her up. “You got hit very badly and that led to a concussion… I think
you should head back to the hospital.”
Shirley covered her bloody injury.
“I’ll be fine… I have to find Sharon!”
“You can’t! I’ll do it for you. She
means a lot to the both of us!”
“Since when did you care?!” Shirley
shouted. Her anger frightened Joey.
Joey looked away in guilt. “I…”
Shirley closed her eyes and then she
lightly hugged Joey. “I’m sorry… I shouldn’t have yelled.”
Joey said while walking away, “I’ll…
go look for her for you.”
Levi tilted her head and asked,
“What’s his problem?”
“I don’t know but he was just trying
to care for me. I feel bad now…”
Levi agreed with Joey, however.
“He’s right though. Don’t overdo yourself. I think you really should head back
into the hospital. If I find Marri, I’ll ask her and then we can tell you
everything, okay?” Shirley accepted this idea.
~~~
Meanwhile, Venus is in a hotel room,
slightly crying by the fact that she had her necklace stolen and nobody believed her side of the
story. She was not as injured because Johnny basically pinned her down and made
her faint for a few minutes. There was a knock on the door and she had to wipe
her face with Kleenex. “Come in.” She said with a murmuring voice.
The door opened and Jaime stuck his
head into the doorway first. “Everything alright?” He smiled. He suddenly
stopped smiling after seeing Venus’s reddish eyes and pink face caused by the
tears and sadness. “Oh… What’s wrong?”
“Did you not see my battle?”
“I was on my way back from Arri
village.”
“I lost… by Johnny.”
“Who is Johnny?” Jaime wondered.
Venus was blushing in shame. “A guy
I let into my love life. You wouldn’t understand though. I thought he was my
everything. I knew him for several years since early middle school in seventh
grade. But… our drama was also my fault. I think I really did ruin his life.”
“You did something that bad?”
Venus looked away. “I can’t tell
anybody. Nobody would understand me and they would judge me so much. I wouldn’t
have friends anymore.”
“Why don’t you tell me? I’ll
understand.”
“That’s what people say just to get
in on the gossip.”
“I promise I won’t.” Jaime said. His
promise had Venus explain herself. She decided to whisper into Jaime’s ear
briefly. “W-WHAT?!” Jaime shrieked. “Impossible…” Jaime said in awe and utter
surprise.
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Alex:
Does anyone know where Venus went?
Shirley:
Something was up between her and that Johnny guy… Who is he anyway?
Matt: He’s
Venus’s friend from her middle school.
Jaime:
Venus, please, tell me the truth. What is going on between you two?
Venus:
I… ruined his life. For good.
Yessenia: Meanwhile, I have to fight my own childhood friend?
Matt:
Childhood friend? Who’s that?
Yessenia: And is he even trying to fight back?!
Matt:
What, who is it?! Tell us! Next time on episode 208, A Tainted Past, the Battle
is One-Sided?!!
Yessenia: Fight me for real!



0 comments:
Post a Comment