On the
last arc, Rowen had taken advantage of Matt and Alex and was able to retrieve
both the Bird’s Tear and the Rainbow Mist. Going back to Tigre Village, the
Telsi Potion was made to revive his three old friends: Droan, Anietta, and
Narisa! At a close pinch, the main group of El Monte was able to stop him with
teamwork. Now that the potion has been used, how will the students return to
Earth? Telgei appears and tells them that there is a possibility, but it would
mean attending the Sunlit Mayhem. The ten students have been chosen and now the
score is one win and one loss. Will the students be able to make more wins in
their score count?
Episode 203 – If You Can Raise Your Hand, Then You Can
Still Fight
Amy
and Marri were still facing each other. Spokesman Gerald interrupted them. “As
mentioned before, the El Monte team will be fighting for their right home! As
goes for Marri and Pippy from the previous battle, they are both fighting to go
back to the other world named Echoville!”
Marri said to Amy, “I have to win
this one. After what you’ve all done to Pippy, then I most definitely need to
win this!”
Shirley gasped. “Oh that’s right!
They’re the only two Echoville people here in the world of Elsiya. If she
loses, then she stays here for sure.”
Matt scratched his head. “That makes
no sense though. Even if Marri wins, Echoville’s score will be one win and one
loss. What happens then?”
“Good question. Even I want to
figure it out.” Yessenia said. “If you think about it, having Marri win would
not necessarily mean El Monte loses as a whole. If Amy loses, we still have a
chance to defeat the whole Mayhem while having Marri go back to her home as
well.”
“Is that some kind of loophole? So
assuming that if Marri wins and she gets to go home, then we have to waste one
of our victories by losing on purpose?!” Shirley exploded. “That’s not cool!
Marri always gets what she wants! Ergh!”
Jenny had her fist close to her
chest. “Oh my goodness… That Marri girl won’t be able to go home because of us?
That is not right.” She screamed out to Amy, “Amy, lose on purpose! Please!”
Amy cried, “Eh?! Why…” She began
frowning.
Peter whispered to Jenny, “I don’t
think you sent the message the right way…”
“Oops…” Jenny blushed.
Shirley shook her head. “No. Forget
that. Marri is a traitor! Amy, beat her to a pulp! Let her know that betraying
friends is not what friendship is all about!”
“Begin the match!” yelled the
referee who raised both of the red and blue flags up.
Shirley became shocked. “What,
already?!” She turned to see the match start and Amy and Marri were still
face-to-face without making a move yet.
Amy readied her arms. “I-I’m ready
to fight!”
Marri summoned a puppet. “Same here.
I won’t hold back!!”
Amy made several plants appear from
the ground. Marri made the puppet glide onto the plants while the green, bright
leaves were flowing through the ground. Amy was amazed. “You could do that with
your puppet?!”
Julie, Jen, and Shirl were in the
audience cheering for Amy during the battle. Marri made the puppet slap Amy’s
left arm. Amy fell to the ground and Marri said with excitement, “Heh! They
don’t call me a master puppeteer for nothing!”
“Yet she lost to me last time.”
Shirley rolled her eyes as she said to her friends back stage.
Amy stood back up and she quickly
called out her next move, “Leaf Gale!” The plants twisted itself and made a
large wind against the puppet. Marri made the puppet fly into the air but Amy’s
next move, Leaf Tempest, caused the plants to break apart and spin into the
air, following the puppet’s flight. Eventually, the blades from the plants
caught up to the puppet and the puppet broke apart. The blocks on the puppet
broke all over the place.
Marri became frustrated. “Tch. Your
speed is interesting.” Marri summoned a second puppet while the first one was
thrown back together into one piece again. “Did I tell you, I learned a lot in
the past five years? Even I don’t know how it happened, but thank goodness it
did!”
Joseph said to Julie, “How did she
do that? That’s totally unfair!”
Julie sighed. “And those plants have
gone to waste too…”
“Julie…?” Jen began to ask, “Are you
also an environmentalist?” Julie began laughing hysterically.
~~~
While the battle was still brewing,
Winny’s group entered the Forest of Trine. Jaime noticed that there are
monsters slain to death still lying on the ground. “You know what confuses me
the most about this place?” Both Winny and Omar stopped to listen. “Digicells
are supposed to vanish after we kill them.”
Winny took a look at an already
slain wolf. “This one was recently killed.” She examined the whole area. “What
a terrible place to be in.”
Omar unsheathed his sword. “Somebody
is here.”
“How do you know?” Jaime walked
towards Omar.
“I hear breathing.”
“Oh! I do too.” Jaime shook his
head, “It sounds like a familiar voice too.”
Winny followed the voice and down
the hallway, she saw bloodstains. Going down through the hall, the three
students could see Tony barely breathing on the floor! They became shocked at
the sight. Tony watched them all. “I’m… I’m done…”
~~~
Back at the stadium, Marri bullied
Amy with her two puppets. “One go, and two! Hehehe!” One puppet attacked Amy
and the other knocked her down. Amy was too slow to make any movements because
two puppets were in the way. While Amy was on the ground, Marri summoned yet
another puppet. “I can control a maximum of three puppets at once.”
Shirley clenched her fists. “H-How?!
She only has two hands!”
Marri attached the third puppet’s
strings to both of her legs. “Now, I dance!” Marri laughed. “So, would you like
to say anything? Want to give up or should I continue this?”
Amy had nothing to say. She wiped
her mouth which was bleeding a little. “Ergh… This is not nice…” Amy said in
fear. “I should just give up now. She might go overboard on me.” Amy was about
to raise her right hand up into the air but she could hear Bunhong screaming
from the audience. He was atop a large pillar that should not be stood upon.
“DON’T GIVE UP!!!! A HERO NEVER
GIVES UP, AMY!”
Amy’s heart skipped a beat from the
astonishment. “B-Bunhong?”
“You can do better. I trust you!”
Bunhong added to his speech.
“He is right, Amy!” Jenny giggled.
“It only ends when you can’t move at all. But if you’re able to pick up your
arm, then you’re brave enough to continue!” Jenny went along with Bunhong.
“Just, listen to your heart!”
Amy remembered when she told Jenny
the same thing. “Listen to my heart?”
Marri grinned. “Tch! What’s with all
of these sappy speeches? You can’t even move. Look at you!”
Amy was facing the ground. Her hair
covered her face. It seemed Amy did not know what to do next, but then she
spoke. “No.” She could barely stand. “It’s not over until my arms cannot move
anymore. Even if I am weakened by your three puppets…” Her greenish aura began
showing through her body as she faced Marri with pride, “I will continue to
fight!!” Amy created a beanstalk and Marri quickly moved all three of her
puppets away from the beanstalk. “Squall!” She created a larger impact with the
same movements as the Leaf Tempest. One puppet was down, but the other two were
able to reach her. They attacked Amy but Amy pushed them away.
“What is this?” Marri said on
horror. “Are you… grabbing on to my puppets?!”
Amy clenched onto the second puppet
and the last one still attacked her. “If I can’t stop your puppets from long range,
then I have to do it short range!” Amy pulled the strings from the second
puppet while the first puppet that was struck by the Squall came back together.
The second puppet was completely out. The first puppet and the third puppet
were still up.
Marri controlled the two of them.
She was about to create another puppet to replace her second but Amy aimed
straight for Marri with a Leaf Gale. Marri avoided but the strings on her hand
went haywire because of the distraction. The puppets stopped moving! Shirley
raised her fists. “That’s the way, Amy! Go for it!”
Marri tried to make her puppets move
but Amy had already cut the strings from her Leaf Gale. Marri jumped away and
she clapped two of her hands together. “That’s it! Time to use my trump card!”
Amy took a step back. “Huh?! There’s
more?”
Marri created a puppet about five
times larger than her usual one-foot tall puppets. “Look at that! It’s just as
tall as you. Haha!”
“Just when Amy was about to win!”
Matt exclaimed.
“She still can.” Yessenia said.
“Whatever happens though, it will be fine. We will make up for it.”
Amy’s aura flashed again. “Fine!”
She closed her eyes and her short hair flowed in the aura. “In the earth lies
the deepest roots…”
Marri’s large puppet was ready to
attack. “Oh no you don’t!!”
Amy continued onward, “Erupt in the
gusty wind!” A large beam of plants great in front of her while Marri made the
large puppet jump into midair to punch Amy from above. The beam flashed the
whole stadium for several seconds. It struck Marri while the large puppet
struck Amy at the same time.
The audience became quiet for a
while. The stadium was clearer now and the while group of watchers made loud
screams as they cheered. The students back stage had their eyes closed from the
flash but after hearing the screams, they were eager to see who won. “No way!”
Matt was surprised.
“Oh my gosh…” Shirley frowned. “AMY
DIDN’T WIN?!”
Both flags were raised. Spokesman
Gerald said onto the microphone, “And it looks like both Amy and Marri are
down! It’s a tie!”
Yessenia was interested about this.
“A tie? This makes their battle streak at one loss and one tie.”
Amy sat up. “I’m sorry, Marri… I
really am… I didn’t mean to do this.”
Marri coughed and said kindly, “I
guess I’m sorry too…”
Amy began to cry. “But… because of
me… you might not be able to go home!! You don’t deserve this punishment!”
Marri tilted her head. “Huh?”
Jenny agreed with Amy. “She’s right.
Marri might not be able to go back to where she lives!”
Yessenia interrupted her, “No, not yet.”
“What do you mean? With their loss
from Pippy, I think Marri might stay here in Elsiya forever.” Venus went
against Yessenia.
Yessenia explained to them, “Look at
Marri closely. Why is Amy crying, but not Marri?”
“Because Amy has a heart.” Shirley said.
Marri was limping towards Amy. Marri
hugged her and said, “It’s okay…”
Amy was still crying. “I’m a bad
person after all!”
Marri chuckled. “No, it’s fine!” She
turned her head to Shirley. “We can still win.”
Shirley took a step back from
confusion. “Huh? Did you guys hear what I just heard?”
Stan shrugged. “She’s crazy! You
can’t win when you’ve already lost.”
Marri patted Amy on the shoulders.
“You didn’t ruin it. I still have a chance to go home.” She said subtly as she
walked towards the exit from the stadium.
“What the heck was she talking
about?” Venus said grumpily. “Her Echoville team clearly has a higher loss
streak.”
“Now that we are through with three
matches, we will go into intermission! I will give you guys several minutes to
prepare for the next battles. Have fun!” yelled Spokesman Gerald.
~~~
Yessenia turned around and said to
the remaining group of seven students, “Alright, we have to be careful from now
on. Our battle streak is a triple tie with one loss, one win, and one draw. We
have to take things seriously now because these challenges are a lot harder
than we all thought.”
“No way.” Matt said. “Telgei being
in the tournament was just a disadvantage. Besides, Pippy is just a dog so his
tactics were terrible. Basically, there won’t be any more strong opponents like
Telgei and there should be more of Pippy around here.”
“Marri seems average.” Venus judged.
Yessenia yelled at the two of them,
“You two do not understand! We have made it clear that Taiger and Lagi might be
in this mayhem and they could be even stronger than Telgei! Just do not let
your guards down!”
Matt and Venus hid into a dark
corner, frightened from being scolded by Yessenia.
“Aren’t Lagi and Taiger helping
Narisa become a spirit?” Peter asked.
“Those two should be done with
helping Narisa by now. They could be here any second.” Yessenia responded.
“Speaking of Narisa becoming a spirit… The map had similar symbols on the
beanstalk and the volcano nearby here, just like at the Greyton Oasis.”
“So you’re saying there are three
spirits that are needed to complete Elsiya?”
“We need more information on that.
First, we might have to ask an extremely huge favor from Droan and Anietta…”
~~~
It was still intermission. The group
of seven students had begun to devise a plan dealing with the beanstalk and
volcano nearby. While outside, Marri was wandering alone towards the center of
the village. She was still limping, refusing any help from doctors because she
did not want to feel week from others’ eyes. “I hate when people think I’m
weak. I’m not the same as before, damn it!” She stopped once she saw a familiar
object near the center of the village.
Marri’s eyes opened wide. “That…
capsule… It… It…!! No. NO. It can’t be! Please tell me it’s not the same one as
before…” She fell to the ground and she held onto her head. “Stop it… Please!
LEAVE ME ALONE!!!”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Shirley:
I finally get to fight! I don’t want to get my pants dirty though.
Joey:
Uh, Shirley?
Shirley: Hm?
Joey:
Those um, shorts…
Shirley:
What about them? Do you like?
Joey:
How should I say this… They’re kind of sh-
Matt:
Come on Shirley, stop dozing off! Beat that person to a pulp!
Alex:
What the hell is that? Nobody says that!
Stan:
Embarrassing.
Matt:
What is Shirley doing?! If she keeps spacing off in a daydream, she’ll lose
really easily! Next time on episode 204, Medusai’s Isolation, Consciousness
Lost by a Daydream!
Shirley:
Wait… Where am I?
Huy:
This is bad!



0 comments:
Post a Comment