We now arrive in a world of despair. The parallel universe and timeline is now widely arrayed but cannot be evened into a single existence. Almost all truth has been revealed, but a person was lost in return. As the story goes on, now the students will have to fight against antagonists with many missing pieces in their hearts. The goal to restore order had failed enormously and now it is almost too late to change what has been done. All the extra time has been used and there is no second to waste. Students with powers must face the eternal truth. With only one more chapter left of the freshman year, what will be accomplished and where are the antagonists residing in now…?
Episode 113 - A Threatening Task, March into the Obstacles
---- Next chapter preview:Episode 113 - A Threatening Task, March into the Obstacles
The dimensional portal towards Luther seemed moist. The whole area was dark and purple and the group felt like they were in the belly of a beast. Matt, Shirley, Yessenia and Alex all took a look around themselves before they decided to move on. Shirley had her hands clamped together so she could pray for their lives, “I hope we can make it through here okay.”
Matt sat down to rest near Shirley and Alex. “I guess this is it then?”
Alex nodded. “Yeah. It is a really uncalled-for event for us. Having this to be the exact moment where we have to stop Luther once and for all. I want to do this… for Mariel.”
Shirley agreed with him. “Yeah… Having to do this without Mariel, Winny, Santi, Danny, Jaime, and Brandon… It’s going to be difficult for us.”
Yessenia was facing the edge of where the portal once stood. She was moping around the area, whispering to herself, “Brandon… Brandon…”
Matt got up and he walked towards Yessenia, “Hey, you’ll be okay, right? We still have to go through this place and-…”
Yessenia stood up and she turned around, uncontrollably pushing Matt to the ground. “You do not even get it! He risked our lives and you are just acting as if nothing ever happened!” Matt opened his eyes wide in fear. This reminded him of the exact moment when Danny yelled at him for not caring much about Mariel. “You only do things for your own selfish reasons!” She clenched her teeth in anger. She stared at him who had fear. She suddenly calmed down. In shame, she turned around again.
Matt slowly got up. Shirley had her hands covering her mouth and Alex was hiding behind her. Matt said to Yessenia, “I’m sorry… I just don’t know how it feels to have someone disappear like that. I-…”
“No…” Yessenia interrupted him. “I just got carried away. You are right. We have to keep going. It is what Brandon wants too.”
Matt closed his eyes, “I swear to it. We will not stop until we do what’s right.” Matt turned to Alex, “For Mariel.” Then he said in general, “For Erica, Graciela, Santi, Winny, and even Brandon…” He began to talk slowly. “I do understand how it feels to lose something important.” He looked up into the purple sky, remembering his flaming baby chick. “That little chicken was the coolest pet I ever had. But, I shouldn’t compare it to any of your friends because I have only met it for a few days. Therefore, I don’t understand how it feels to lose something really important. But, the best thing I can do for you all right now is to fight on; protect those who are in need of help – and that is the whole world of Earth, starting with El Monte.” Shirley, Alex and Yessenia all watched him. He seemed a bit frustrated because he knew that he could not feel the same pain as they could.
Shirley suddenly giggled, “If it makes you feel any better, we’re only a short ways there to Luther. Now that we’ve found his place, we can rush on in!”
“Not so fast!” The demon voice appeared nearby. Luther fell softly from the sky like an angel, but of course, his personality was the complete opposite. “You think just coming here was the most difficult part? Do you REALLY think that?!”
Shirley made a small piece of ice appear from her hands, “Who said it was hard to get here?”
Alex readied his water powers, “With the gift of Mariel’s powers, I will bring it to good use. You will pay for what you’ve done to her!” Yessenia was still lifeless from Brandon’s sacrifice.
Matt made a fireball appear. It was still a small fireball as he was still exhausted from the battling outside in Edmund. “Whatever it takes, we can stop you right here, right now!”
“Ha ha ha! Foolish words from a foolish boy. Actually, you are all just a bunch of talk, but nothing is ever done.” Luther pointed a giant lightning rod towards Matt. “Starting with you, the most annoying one of the four – the most threatening one at that! You shall taste the wrath of what it feels to be an overpowering god!” A thunderbolt appeared from the rod.
Matt had to think fast. He could either throw the fireball or make a fire shield to protect himself. Although, the fire shield did cost a lot more energy. Plus, it would be risky to even bring up the fire shield as the thunderbolt could be heavily strong. Matt did not know what to do, so he covered his face with his left arm. “Agh!”
A giant boulder was thrown against the thunderbolt which flew towards Matt. The boulder pushed against the bolt. Both particles exploded in thin air. Danny jumped from above a building. “It looked like you were going to give up, Matt!”
“Tch.” Luther said with no expression. “Negating an attack just like that, huh.”
Shirley gasped. “Did he just get a lot stronger all of the sudden?”
Matt answered her, “Danny just has a bunch of courage now.” Matt realized that Danny saved Matt’s life, even after Matt said rude things to him in the past. Danny has learned a lot since the beginning. He really does have feeling, and a heart after all.
Luther pointed his rod at Danny, “Another nuisance. Very well.” He made a huge sigh. “I’ll have you all know that the end of this dimension is not near. There are plentiful of obstacles and knowing that you will all not make it through, I think you should just give up now. If you do make it, I have many people on my side that I can use. Ha ha!”
“Use?!” Yessenia yelled. She regained sanity after he said such a word. “Using people, watching them die… is that what you want? You basically used our own friends who sacrificed our lives just to save… us. That is the last time you are going to use others, Luther!” She took out her blunt sword with anger.
Alex was hiding behind Shirley in fear. Matt saw Luther’s eyes showing a sarcastic attitude. Luther could easily destroy Yessenia at that moment, Matt could sense it! Matt called out for her, “Yessenia!! Stop!”
She jumped from surprise. “Uh? What do you want now?”
Matt made his fire powers disappear from his hands, “Why don’t we just see if we can go through Luther’s obstacles.”
“That sounds like a plan.” Luther added.
Matt said to Luther, “We’ll show you that we can make it!”
Luther began to laugh. “Ah ha! Don’t get too cocky now, annoying boy. Well, it is time for me to watch you little rats try to escape from this maze. First stop, the past!” He used his rod to vanish himself into the thunderous purple clouds.
Yessenia dropped her blunt sword. “But why… Why are you accepting his offer, Matt?!”
Matt answered her, “Because, he was going to kill you right there and then. Maybe these obstacles can help us get stronger for the last time. Maybe these obstacles can give us clues on how to catch him off-guard. If we fought him now while he still gave his full attention, there was no telling if we would win or not.”
Danny resented the idea. “But my ground powers negated his thunder…”
Alex interrupted Danny. “Can one ground power user fight against someone like Luther? I think Matt is right. Especially right now, Yessenia isn’t feeling very well and Matt is half-injured. We can at least buy some time to regain stability.”
Matt smiled softly. “Alex… thanks.”
Alex shook his head, “I only agree with what I think will work out. If we just give it a try and go on ahead into Luther’s strange trials, then there is a better chance that we can fight against Luther easier!”
Shirley crossed her arms. She tested his knowledge from there. “And how would you know he will be easier later? He can get stronger at the same time we are. Remember, he is in the process of taking over El Monte. Many things could be happening back there and we won’t even know!”
Alex responded with confidence, “Danny can negate his attacks. Once we are all ready to fight unlike right now, then Danny won’t even be the only one fighting. He’ll have a bunch more support and that is us!”
Matt agreed with Alex, “Right.” He glanced over at each of his friends: Shirley, Danny, Yessenia and Alex… “Ready guys? Up ahead are a bunch of rubble again. Must have been from the leftover debris coming from the broken tower. The particles probably got sucked into the dimension while Luther arrived here.”
Yessenia checked from the corner of her eyes. “And we are not the only ones here. Digicells are everywhere. We just have to watch out for ourselves.” She began walking first.
While the whole group was walking, Shirley turned over to Danny, “By the way… how did you get into Edmund?”
Danny remembered how he grabbed onto Luther’s leg and they vanished together into the rubble areas nearby. From there, Danny quickly ran away in fear, or so he pretended. The fear made Luther careless, so Luther left without a worry. “Well, it’s a long story. Hehe…” Danny lied.
~~~
After about an hour of a long walk through the broken city while fighting against a few digicells, Shirley became tired. She sat down on a large piece of rock and she yawned, “I haven’t slept in awhile!”
“Didn’t you get to sleep this morning?” Alex asked.
“Uh hello?~ My beauty sleep is always in the afternoon.” Shirley rolled her eyes.
Matt whispered to Yessenia, “So she sleeps, goes to school, comes home, and sleeps until the next school day.”
“I suppose.” Yessenia said without wondering too much.
Shirley giggled, “I just thought of something funny. If we come back to El Monte, how are we going to explain all of this to Jennifer, Lupe and Peter?”
Matt scratched his head in confusion. “Sometimes I wonder how you are still able to laugh at such things.”
Shirley grinned. “I’m just trying to bring our moods up. Look at all of us. We’re so miserable.”
“The fact that we can’t go back to El Monte unless we beat someone who acts as a god is just too much for me.” Alex said. “Of course we wouldn’t be happy. It will have to be a miracle to win.”
“I thought you were confident in beating Luther?” Shirley outsmarted him.
Alex replied to her, “Of course I am confident but if I were to always think that I would win, then I would be cocky. Let’s just say… what IF we mess up?” Shirley did not say another word.
A shadow appeared ahead of them. Yessenia took out her blunt sword and Matt readied his fire powers. Matt ran to the front of the group, “Look out. This looks like a weird digicell.”
Yessenia stopped him, “Wait. This looks familiar.”
Jaime’s head appeared from behind a building. Matt gave a sigh. “Ah… Jaime?”
Jaime made his shadow disappear and he said to them, “That’s weird! You’re all here!”
Shirley had her hands on her hips, “And how did you get here?”
“Like I told you before during Rockin’ Wednesday, I was kind of worried that Matt and Yessenia went missing. So, I came here to check. Moments after I came here, the option to go back to El Monte was blocked and then I was stuck here for awhile.”
“Oh wow how stupid can you be?” Shirley teased. “Look what you got yourself into.”
“You’re telling me?” Jaime rolled his eyes. “Anyway, what are you all doing here in this dimension?”
“We got here in different ways. We want to stop Luther once and for all. How did you get into this dimension?” Matt wondered.
“Oh about that! I got a message from Winny.” Jaime leaned against a wall.
Everyone began to listen all of the sudden. “What did she say?” Yessenia commanded for an answer quick.
“Hey calm down. When I came to Edmund, Winny’s giddy side appeared and said that she had been separated from the serious side of Winny. Winny’s giddy side helped me get here but her time was up.” Jaime looked up into the sky, “It was as if half of Winny just died…” Yessenia then thought of Brandon.
Shirley slapped him. “Don’t say that!” Shirley was concerned if this reminded Yessenia of how Brandon sacrificed himself to bring his friends to the dimension.
Alex whispered, “Everybody is dying…”
Matt became angry. “Why did she do that?!”
Danny joked, “You mean why did half of Winny do that.”
Matt ignored Danny’s joke and then he went on, “Doesn’t this mean Winny’s powers are corrupted just like Santi’s? Now the both of them have a limited time left to live! We don’t even know how much time Santi has. We need to save them from this before it is too late.”
Shirley turned to Matt, “And how do you suppose to cure their corrupted powers? They can’t just lose their powers all the sudden and become fully alive again. This is not some game where we can get whatever we want, Matt. It has to be a miracle!”
Yes, it must be a miracle in order for things to end in happiness. This was something none of the six students had high hopes for. None of them…~~~
Matt: Next time on episode 114, i-is that Stan?! What's he doing here?!
Shirley: That's it! This calls for our play!
Yessenia: Wait, do not do anything. This is Matt's fight.
Alex: This is scary!
Danny: What, do you think we should just watch?
Jaime: That makes sense. It's too much work to help him anyway.
Shirley: You're all lazy bums! We have to stop Luther. Who cares about breaking the rules! Agh, damn it! Let's take him down!!
Matt: I... can't believe you're going this far... Next time on episode 114, A One-on-One Determination Rivalry!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment