We now arrive in a world of despair. The parallel universe and timeline is now widely arrayed but cannot be evened into a single existence. Almost all truth has been revealed, but a person was lost in return. As the story goes on, now the students will have to fight against antagonists with many missing pieces in their hearts. The goal to restore order had failed enormously and now it is almost too late to change what has been done. All the extra time has been used and there is no second to waste. Students with powers must face the eternal truth. With only one more chapter left of the freshman year, what will be accomplished and where are the antagonists residing in now…?
Episode 117 - Fires of the Sky, Adventures Kept in Memory...
Matt, Shirley, and Yessenia were the only three who had some power left to fight. Matt slowly threw a fireball at Luther but Luther caught it in his hands, causing the flames to disperse. He said to Matt, “So tell me, why do you still want to find Jen so much? She does not even remember you anymore. Just so you know, the more energy I need, the more I can just suck up all of the energy from Willy and Jen. You’re practically hurting them.”
Episode 117 - Fires of the Sky, Adventures Kept in Memory...
Matt, Shirley, and Yessenia were the only three who had some power left to fight. Matt slowly threw a fireball at Luther but Luther caught it in his hands, causing the flames to disperse. He said to Matt, “So tell me, why do you still want to find Jen so much? She does not even remember you anymore. Just so you know, the more energy I need, the more I can just suck up all of the energy from Willy and Jen. You’re practically hurting them.”
“What?!” Matt clenched his fists. He burst into flames from anger. Exhaustion was not in question. Yessenia was slightly angry at the fact that Luther continued to use more people as disposables. Shirley felt the same however she was still frightened about Luther even if she was still able to fight.
Luther zapped Jaime next. “Wah haha!” Jaime vanished into thin air after a long wave of screams. He disappeared with Danny. “And then there were six! Who is next?” He pointed at Alex. “Another man down!” Alex was zapped.
Matt flew towards Luther and he threw a large fireball at him. “Stop that!”
Shirley made a large piece of ice appear above Luther. Yessenia spun her sword to rack up a large amount of energy. Winny closed her eyes. “Please… don’t overuse your energy, everybody! Or else… you’ll be like us.”
Santi stood up slowly. “No…” He said.
Winny gasped. “Santi! What are you doing?”
Luther used another blast of energy. Matt, Shirley, and Yessenia all flew backwards in pain. Luther pointed his rod at Shirley, “Disappear!” Shirley screamed in utter pain and then she began to vanish like a digicell, but in a slow process.
Shirley coughed. “Stop… Luther…” She fell to the ground.
Matt looked at the remaining four of his friends including Shirley. “This can’t be… happening.”
Luther gave another laugh. Santi was still walking towards Luther with his left hand over his right arm. He limped slowly. Luther stared. “Mm? What in the world are you doing?”
Matt and Yessenia were next to each other, both almost exceeding their power limit. Winny was several feet away, trying to get Santi back to his senses. Santi said to Luther, “I knew this day would come. Ever since that moment when I exceeded my time powers and messed up Jen’s memory… I knew a punishment would be given. However, within all of those punishments, I also knew there was something good to be done. Although my time powers are dysfunctional, I can do one more thing, for the world, and all of my friends.”
Matt looked up at Santi. He asked, “What… are you talking about?” Santi turned around with a smile. Matt’s eyes opened wide. This smile… It felt as if Matt was never going to see it again.
“At full blast…” Santi opened his palms. “Matt, please be good to everybody around you. I have helped you throughout your freshman year as though I knew you needed it. It was hurtful to just watch an innocent friend like you become tainted by problems and drama. This is why… I wanted to erase your memory from certain dangerous people, to make you happy. Everybody else knew how to live their lives so there was no need to help them. You remind me of a friend I used to have in middle school. But now, my job is done. You must be on your own for the next three years of your life.”
Yessenia could see Matt’s fearful expression. She said quietly, “Matt…”
Matt began to fall into tears. “Don’t tell me you’re…!”
Luther flew back a little. “W-What do you think you’re doing?!”
Santi was floating up into the air with his hands pointing outwards. A bright light appeared around him. “My time powers… will be at final rest.” A large light appeared and Luther was flashing away. “I waited so long for this day, keeping my time powers bottled up until it was overflowed with extremities. My time is up, Matt. Good… luck…”
Matt covered himself and Yessenia did the same. Winny was shattering. It seemed as though her powers were up too. Matt and Yessenia looked all around themselves. Matt was mature this time. He knew Santi had to leave someday, just unaware of when. He did not want to ravage and scream for Santi, hoping that Santi would magically reappear. Matt closed his eyes. “If that’s what you want…” After that, he could hear Luther’s broken voice. His appearance was shattering at the same time as Winny.
Matt and Yessenia began to vanish together in the end…
~~~
A greenish stream of aura was rooted from the dimensional portal. More branched out of the green aura and it flew all over the six portals. It was like a dream.
Olympia had aura appearing everywhere. The underworld was no longer in stone but Hades and Erica had disappeared. The other gods were back to normal and the golden era was predicted to be the true ending that led to El Monte’s glorious days.
Arkon’s Magic had the same aura over each student’s Arkonic homes. The beach area had soothing sparkles falling from the sky.
In Echoville, the tower was being revived. The poisoned mist was no more and each Halfling lived in joy.
The Forest of Emille also rejuvenated. Both sides of the forest were being revived from a holy green aura. The chapel was back to its normal state as it began to look exactly like the church behind El Monte’s school.
Edmund’s world had no more rubble. All of the soldiers and digicells vanished into the sky. Speaking of the sky, the moon was shining bright for the world. Everyone in Edmund’s El Monte were jumping in happiness. There were no more captivations coming from the soldiers.
As for El Monte… the world was reversing back to how it was before the summer began. Everybody wondered how it all changed in a blink of an eye. Jennifer knew exactly what went on, however. She looked up into the sky. “This world is now fixed, but I see that none of you have returned yet… I thank you all, to the kindness of my heart.” She prayed with Lupe.
Peter was sitting down in his room, looking outside his window. “Not a single call from any of them. Are they gone forever? I wish I could see all of them at least one last time…”
~~~
It was a bright, sunny day on Earth. El Monte High School was back to its original state, but there was one problem. On the football field, there lies a student, dead on the ground. He remains of blood flowed through his mouth. He attempted to be a hero, and succeeded with the help of Santiago. However, his heart was not beating at all. Matt… It took a year for this boy to grow into an understanding student with a bunch of adventures to tell to his friends. Sadly, he was not able to survive the holy enchantment of Santiago’s powers.
“My last wish…” A voice appeared in the sound of Matt’s ear.
A light aura appeared all around Matt. His body flashed and white feathers flew away from his body as if he was a Phoenix. Matt’s fingers moved! Then, his body was in motion. He groaned a little. “Mm…” He opened his eyes slowly, his right side of his face flat on the ground. His left side, looking straight ahead at the green grass. He sat up and then he took a look at his hands. “Uh… huh?” He tried to use his fire powers but nothing was appearing. Matt stood up to examine the area all around him. “I’m… back in El Monte.” He looked up at the light blue sky which had bright white clouds and the sun was shining nearby. “This looks nothing like Edmund.” He said to himself.
“Yeah, so it appears that both worlds did not collide after all.” Yessenia said from behind. She walked up next to him.
Matt opened his eyes widely. “You’re… alive!”
Yessenia patted Matt’s right shoulder as she chuckled happily. “Of course! I felt as if I was in limbo for the longest time. I could hear Santiago’s voice while I was there. He told me not to give up. He wanted to bring me back to this world as his last wish. I assume this was for you too.”
Shirley, Danny, Jaime, Alex, and Winny all appeared afterwards. Matt turned around. “Y-You guys! You’re all okay!”
Danny and Alex laughed. Shirely giggled and Winny gave a smile. Jaime raised his hand. “All up and running, I suppose! Nothing could stop us in the end.”
Matt gave them all a smile and then he looked up ahead into the sky, “Well… He wished for all of us to come back. That means everyone is back, right? Everything is back to normal!”
“Let’s hope so!” Shirley squealed. “I can’t wait to go home and sleep! I miss my family even though I never said I liked them. Heehee!”
“Aw Shirley, that’s mean.” Danny said.
Shirley punched him, “Hey, hey. Don’t tell me what’s mean and what’s not.”
Alex took a look at his cellphone. “Hm… the list to the other worlds are gone too.”
Matt turned around. Yessenia gasped. “Really?” Everyone began checking their own cellphones. The worlds of Arkon’s Magic, Olympia, Echoville, the Forest of Emille, and Edmund were all gone from their list. It was just El Monte – in gray.
Winny crossed her arms. “The nightmare is over then. We can’t go to other worlds; we don’t even have our powers anymore. I guess everything is back to the way it should have been since the beginning of the school year. Also, my sister is free from Luther's control. She can graduate happily.”
An aura appeared in front of them. It was a rough wind that made the whole group almost fall back. Three students appeared from the mist. Matt could see Jen and Stan talking to each other. They must have already started a conversation before they unintentionally teleported onto the field. Matt ran up to his two best friends, “Jen, Stan!! You’re both okay!” He hugged the two of them tightly. The three of them laughed together.
Jen pointed at Matt. “Matthew Tran! The friend I’ve known since the first grade. The boy who hit me with a watch AND a rock on my forehead in the third grade!! I remember.”
Matt took a step back. “Uh-uh… Sorry!”
Stan interrupted her. “Hey, hey. It’s no time for complaints now, Jen! Haha.”
The third student, Brandon, appeared with sparkles all around his luscious hair. Yessenia gave a huge smile of relief. “Oh thank goodness, you are okay!”
Brandon sarcastically said, “I was bruised up all over the place, missy.”
Yessenia laughed. “Still the same old Brandon that I have always known! I cannot believe this…”
Danny said to Winny, “I’m guessing Willy, Rena, and Stinna are all alive too then, right?”
Winny nodded. “Yes. I’m not so sure about Stinna, but whatever happened after summer school began… was as if none of it ever happened.”
Alex frowned. “Mariel…” She was nowhere to be found on the field. “So anything that happened before mid-June… stays that way?”
“I’m sorry.” Winny said. “That was when Luther began his wrath along with his trial to take over the world.”
“Hrm…” Alex frowned.
Winny said to him, “Don’t worry. I’m sure she’s out there somewhere, happy that things are back to the way it should be.”
Danny agreed with her. “Yeah… Mariel…” He then thought of Willy, “And willy is gone, probably back in Edmund. I’m gonna miss that little dude…”
Jen said to Matt. “Hey listen, I was talking to some boy named Willy for a while back in that weird dimension. The whole place was breaking apart back then and Willy was disappearing. Then I heard a voice saying that we were all returning to our respective places. What was that voice saying?”
Matt jumped. “That must have been Santiago! He was the one who saved us all!”
Santiago spoke in the sky but nobody could hear him. “Yes, it was me. I fixed Jen’s memory.”
The whole group bunched up together and spoke to each other in relief and happiness. They told stories to each other about their whole adventure of what happened during their school year…
~~~
The school of El Monte… now back in peace. It was a long adventure for Matt and his friends. Struggles occurred everywhere and hopes were lost. Each student had lost something important at some point in their life, but as they continued to believe in themselves, a large fortune came to them. Good things can happen if people continue to try harder. Although now all of the students are normal people, their fantasies and adventures will be kept forever in their memories. Yes, their freshman year sparked as an interesting year for them. Now, they are all ready to enter their sophomore year as regular students.
Santiago’s voice tried to speak to the students on the field, “I am glad that you all made it through. Even after many troubles, you did not give up and you kept going. Now, the test of survival is all over and we can begin anew for the next three years of high school. You have dreams to conquer. Give it your best, Matt! Good luck to you from here on. Thank you…”
~~~
Matt: Ah, a whole new school year! I can’t wait to start it. Finally, as a normal student ready to learn and… uh… that doesn’t sound so fun anymore…
Yessenia: Are you disappointed? This is what a normal life is like.
Matt: Yeah but at least it’s ‘normal’ and not filled with a bunch of flames and stuff. Geez!
Yessenia: I wouldn’t count on that. What is ‘normal’ to you?
Matt: Why do you need to ask?
Yessenia: You will see what I mean. Just wait for the next episode and you will find out!
Matt: I don’t like the sound of that… But anyway, I’ll listen to what you have to say. Next time on episode 118, Sophomore Year Awakes, a Hero for Wisteria! – Wah, wait a minute. We’ve gone this far?!
Yessenia: 118… hm…


1 comments:
Oh gosh my heart was racing throughout this whole arc XO the ending was so sad...but excellent story! I really enjoyed it:D
Post a Comment