Saturday, March 3, 2012

Episode 145 - A Hero Stands for Elk Village's Pride!

Last time on episode 144, Matt and Venus finally leave the elevator boat! Sadly, they were not able to find Johnny. Venus and Matt decide that Elk Village is next, but Matt does not know that Venus is lying about Jaime being in Elk Village. Along the way, Bunhong and AmyC appear with their usual personalities from the last time we’ve seen them: heroic, and the innocent. Not only that, Jaime speaks to William about their next plan. Uh oh! It looks like this will be their final plan! They’re locking on every place on the Marconian Continent now. It could be dangerous for the two splitting groups now.
Episode 145 – A Hero Stands for Elk Village's Pride!

            The group of four began walking towards Elk Village. They were nearby now as they could see the whole village and its civilians. Matt asked Bunhong, "So Bunhong, how did you and Amy get here?"
            Bunhong pointlessly yelled out loud, "I, the Hero, appeared before these civilians! Monsters began appearing and these civilians said that their power is inefficient to the monsters. Thus, I came here!" Venus and Amy were having girly side conversations, giggling with each other.
            Matt yelped, "Why can't we have normal conversations too?!" Matt mentioned to Bunhong.
            Bunhong ignored him. He continued on with his tale, "I was with Amy and Johnny at the time. It was a dangerous journey for the three of us, being thrown into this strange universe and all. But, we made a living here so as long as we also try to figure out how to get back to our lovely homes!"
            Venus was alert when she heard Johnny's name. Matt laughed. "We're trying to find a way to get back too-..."
            Venus pushed him away. "Did you say 'Johnny'?!"
            Amy asked kindly, "Venus? Wasn't he your friend from middle school?" Amy knew well about Venus. They were in the same middle school together, Kranz. Both had won lots of awards for being extraordinary students, so they were well-known even to each other. They were kind rivals since Amy did not intend to take all of the awards and Venus respected that.
            "Yeah. But I could have sworn he told me he started out in Melvin when he appeared in the World of Elsiya..."
            "We have a map in Elk Village." Amy commented as she went on, "Melvin is just somewhat north from here. Maybe Johnny meant he appeared around our region?"
            Venus grinned. She became curious about Johnny. "Does this mean... Johnny lied to me?"
            "And we've made it to the village!!!" Bunhong yelled loudly.
            Amy covered her ears while Matt said quietly, "Way to kill the moment... Eheheh..."
 ~~~
            Shirley opened her eyes slowly. Shirley, Yessenia, and Van were still sitting towards the end of the Floral Waterscape. Alex and Huy must have made their way for Lancer already. Shirley suddenly screamed in horror from the sight of Van's face right in front of him. "EEEYAAAH!!!!"
            Birds flew out of the trees from the scare. Yessenia slapped her and Shirley called down. Yessenia began to explain to her, "Shirley, Van must have been possessed. When I weakened her, she began coming back to her senses. I've also noticed one thing."
            Van hugged Shirley. "I'm so sorry!"
            Yessenia went on, "Van said 'soul activated' even when the squirrels were also in motion. To me, I do not think Van said 'soul activated' indicating that she's controlling the animals. Instead, it meant that her own soul was activated from somebody else."
            Van became silent. Shirley tried to stand up. She said to Van, "Is this really true?" Van was blushing from the shame.
            "This can mean only one thing, Van. You know who did this to you." Yessenia revealed.
            Van opened her eyes wide. Her hair flowed through the wind and the leaves were falling from the tree that the birds flew away from. "I..."
            "You don't want to tell us?" Shirley became curious. "Whoever this person is, is a bad person! We can help you."
            Van looked away. Her face still red. "No..."
            "Why not?!" Shirley was frustrated now.
            "I can't! He is like a big brother to me."
            "Erm... Someone who possesses you in such a bad way is considered a brother to you?" Shirley questioned.
            Yessenia interrupted them. "It is okay not to tell. I guess, the more important thing right now is to leave the Floral Waterscape first. Then, we can talk at Lancer. Hopefully, we can find more information about where Matt and Venus are, along with your Telsi potion, Shirley."
            Shirley suddenly became happy. "The Telsi potion! Yeah, that's right! The one that can make ugly people more beautiful!!" She ran off ahead without thinking.
            "What is she thinking about?" Van asked.
            "Oh... it is too much to say." Yessenia said bluntly. The three girls began to make their way down the Floral Waterscape towards Lancer.
 ~~~
            In Elk Village, the villagers seemed annoyed that all of their battle tactics turned out to be towards a false alarm, Matt and Venus. They all miserably went back into their homes and Bunhong only laughed it off. Amy was sad about this, however. Venus was quiet. All she could think about is the fact that Johnny might have lied to her. As for Matt, he was getting a bit sleepy from all of the running. The group of four arrived at a park area with a bunch of benches. Bunhong stood on the bench which made Matt less drowsy. "LISTEN UP, FOLKS!"
            Matt became wide awake. Venus did not care about his heroic act. "What is it now?"
            Amy giggled. "It's so cool how he does it."
            "I have a feeling!" Bunhong said dramatically, "A feeling that these monsters are almost gone! As long as they now know that Elk Village is not to be messed with, those monsters will not come any closer!" He pointed at a large broken-down tower made of cheap wood. "That is my very own tower. I will use it to sense any incoming danger."
            Venus yawned. "I get it. Matt and I are considered 'danger'."
            Amy tried to make Venus feel better. "No, no, no! I'm sorry. He didn't mean it that way!"
            "You two may rest for free in our hotels so as long as we live to protect this village."
            Matt said to Venus, "I don't think we're planning to stay here forever, are we?"
            "Nuh, but that offer sounds like heaven."
            "Are you thinking about staying?!"
            Venus frowned. "The one guy that I actually like... lied to me. What hope is there? No guy that I want to be close friends with, nor lovers, will never want me. That is why, I might as well stay here in Elk Village where everyone will look up to me as a hero, like Bunhong says."
            "D-Don't think about being alone."
            Bunhong walked off to his tower to avoid the awkward conversation. Amy eventually slipped away as well, but with a guilty smile. Venus went on with her remarks, "There's no more hope for guys. You men are just plain trash!" She punched Matt in the face and ran away in tears.
            Matt fell to the ground, chuckling the pain away. "Eheh... that was very nice of you..." He fainted.
 ~~~
            Venus ran off in tears. "Nobody understands... no one understands how I feel. They just shrug it off as if they know that having a loved one lie to you so easily, is nothing! This means everything to me." She stopped by a small waterway. The plain area was quite peaceful. "I can't stand it. First, I'm stranded in this stupid world, then I get powers that I don't even want."
            Her mood was filled with anger. She did not want to see anybody at the moment. Because three friends left her stranded alone with ease, she felt that everybody could and will do the same.
 ~~~
            As Shirley was running up ahead towards Lancer now, Yessenia and Van were talking to each other. "So Van, I feel I should get to know you more. How did you get into Elsiya?"
            Van tried to remember what she went through. "Apparently, everything froze when I was nearby the baseball field. I was just at the edge of the math building before entering the science building towards Biology class. I was walking with Jenny and Maggie. Maggie wasn't in Biology Accelerated class with us, but she had time to walk us there. I kind of begged her to walk me to class since we always go together. I was clinging onto her shoulder. Everything froze right there."
            Yessenia thought about it. "That seems to make sense. Tony must have gathered up most of the Biology students. I have put the pieces together." She began to explain the whole 'game' that class of 2009 had to go through. She reminded Van about how only one person from each year gets to keep their elemental power. "In fact, I do not know who is telling Tony, but there may be a greater force out there that says we are destined to challenge each other."
            "W-What do you mean by that?"
            Yessenia shook her head. "Eventually, fate says we will all have to fight each other. However, if our minds are strong enough to withstand that, I am sure there is a chance for us to avoid it. Instead of us having to fight each other until the last person stands, we can just find a way for everyone to lose their powers. That way, we can live our lives normally." She looked away in shame. "We lost them once... but Tony somehow still had the ability to use them even in Elsiya. This confuses me the most."
            "Tony..." Van said quietly. Yessenia was alert. Van clenched her fists. "He has been mysterious for the longest time about this. Our boss even told me rumors about him."
            "Did you say 'our boss'? Who is this?" Yessenia interrogated Van. Van said nothing. Yessenia continued, "Because he is like a big brother to you."
            "Yeah... which is why I can't just tell you who it is. He didn't mean to control me in a bad way. It was just for his boss as well."
            Yessenia rolled his eyes. "A boss for a boss for a bunch more people?"
            Van closed her eyes. She began to shake in fear. "From the voices of a girl, she sounded sad. I could hear her voice while I was frozen."
            "Who are you talking about now?"
            "Another girl named Shirley. Shirley Ma." Shirley Ma is the other girl who preferred to be called Shirl, or Girly Shirley. This is a completely different person from Shirley Cao, the one who had appeared very early on. Yessenia was fearful of the name.
 ~~~
            Alex and Huy arrived at the industrial city of Lancer at last. This is the long-awaited city, the last city of the Marconian Continent to be revealed. There were factories all over the place and smoke was polluting the air. Although with the terrible pollution, the city was known to be the most useful within the World of Elsiya. All cities, towns, and villages come to take goods as exports and the city of Lancer would make definite profit.
            "Here we are!" Huy said with pride.
            Alex fell onto the floor in full sweat. "Shut up. Just shut up. I am tired!!"
            Huy laughed. "It was funny! We were running to fight monsters and after a few minutes, they just died and disappeared. Now we're here."
            "I can't believe you even had the nerve to say "forget those girls, let's keep heading to Lancer"!"
            "I trust Yessenia."
            "Sure.~ That's just an excuse."
            "Hey you shut your mouth too. We're finally here so we might as well get some rest."
            Alex pointed at an inn, "What rest? Look at that damn hotel thing! It's polluted."
            "It's called an 'inn'. And everywhere else is polluted so we might as well find a place anyway." Huy dragged Alex across the cemented floor towards the inn.
 ~~~
            "Look at these children squirming around." Tony said to Jaime in a mysterious dark place. Tony was looking at an orb of every student who had consumed an elemental crystal from the elemental nodes within the Pendulum of Time incident. "We just need a few more. Do you think you can take on the job?"
            Jaime nodded. "I have given one already, however it was to the wrong person. Luckily, the person is just Peter and we can contact him at any time. At the moment, I have Omar with us and I can inject more crystals into him."
            Tony turned around. "That can wait. Right now, we need to send these crystals to the rest of the students."
            "But Tony! Omar would be a good experiment for-"
            "Not now! We need more individuals, not one stacked with many powers. Besides, Omar is already strong. That is why I say it can wait."
            Tony looked back at the orb. "I am proposing a new idea. Like you said, you are heading to the Boral Marshes, correct?" Jaime nodded as Tony went on, "Continue heading there. Eventually, all the students will head over to Lancer. The problem is that Lancer is most needed in Elsiya. We cannot let an industrial city fall. Once you reach Lancer, figure out a way to signal to every student that Wisteria is the place to meet."
            Jaime agreed with him. "That can easily be arranged. Two groups of students are looking for me. I can decoy them towards Wisteria."
            Tony laughed. "Good. Wisteria is already a messed up war city anyway. I suppose Wisteria will be the moment where students will have to test their knowledge and strength by using their newly gained powers." He thought about the old members of elemental crystals. "Santiago is already deceased. All that is left is Yessenia, Shirley Cao, and Matt. They are the only three who lasted the longest, gaining enormous strength."
            Jaime grinned. Tony did not mention Jaime at all. This must have bothered Jaime, but as Tony being the leader, Jaime could only comply with Tony's ideas.
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
William: Chu~
Huy: W-What did you say?!
Alex: I don’t think it was supposed to mean anything…
Huy: Do you think you have the right to talk?! You’ve been hiding the Telsi formula from me!
Alex: What are you talking about?! No I didn’t!
Huy: Give me the book! HAND THAT THING OVER!
Alex: It’s mine- AH! Stop chasing me!! Where is Yessenia when I need her?!
Huy: I’ll kill you!
William: Aw, look what I’ve done. How nice.
Alex: Exactly! Look what you’ve done! Stop being so proud about it!! Agh! Next time on episode 146, The Missing Page of the Grimoire Book!
Huy: Stop talking! Give me the book!!
Alex: AH!

0 comments:

Post a Comment