Last time on the past few episodes, Matt and Michael meet again, but this time Michael has a different goal: to take ALL students of El Monte dealing with elemental power. Matt wants to go through a different approach: directly fight the man who is responsible for increasing the amount of elemental crystals. In Michael’s opposition, he decides to battle against Matt to see who should get the rightful plan taken care of. Amy appears once Matt is in danger! Meanwhile, Yessenia and Shirley head for Lancer while Van stops Maggie from attacking everybody. Yessenia and Shirley finally meet together with Alex and Huy, but William is still there. However, William takes a look at Shirley and he is frightened for an unknown reason. What is going on here?
Episode 150 – Plaines Triangle, the Labyrinth’s Time Limit
Time was running short, however. Matt and Amy were successful at destroying any digicell and monsters along the way. At the Plaines Triangle, Jaime appeared before Matt and Amy. “Congratulations.”
Matt and Amy stopped as quickly as possible. Matt clenched his fists. “Jaime, I found you!”
“I am not the one you should be looking for.” Jaime chuckled.
“W-What do you mean by that?” Matt stuttered. “You need to help us!”
Amy turned to Matt, “What’s going on?”
Matt pointed at Jaime, “He’s siding with Tony, the one who wants to spread elemental crystals! Jaime, since you’re here, answer my questions!”
“Questions? Time is ticking, though.” Jaime gave a smirk grin. “If time runs out, you will never be able to deactivate the gate of the Grand Cradle. You see, this is a test to see if you two are powerful enough. I can see Amy has much more knowledge, so she may be capable of reaching the center of the Plaines Triangle in time. How about you, Matt?”
Matt became angry. “Ergh! Of course I can. Just you watch!” Matt ran past Jaime.
Amy was worried. She had her fist close to her mouth, showing her innocence. “B-But what about the continent! The monsters!”
“That doesn’t matter. This world is fictional, no? Earth is where we belong. It doesn’t matter what happens here in the World of Elsiya.”
“That’s a terrible thing to say…”
“Well, if it’s so terrible, live up to what you believe and head on into the Plaines Triangle. And one more thing, if you enter and take a step out, the labyrinth disappears and you can never touch the Grand Cradle again! Heha!” Jaime vanished into the shadows down below the ground and Amy was left alone.
Amy was shaking in anger. “This is not right at all. Everyone deserves to live a happy life, no matter where they live.” Amy rushed into the Plaines Triangle to find Matt along the way.
Meanwhile, in Lancer, Yessenia, Alex, Shirley, and Huy were all starting their battles against the many digicells and monsters that appeared in Lancer. Many of the civilians were running away which caused a distraction to the students. At this point, it did not matter who saw them using elemental powers. Saving the industrial city of Lancer was much more important than exposing themselves at the moment.
Shirley created an Icicle Rain, hoping not to attack civilians in the distance. Huy made a Spinning Boost to headbutt as many monsters at once. Alex used water resources nearby to create an Aqua Tornado while Yessenia used Constricted Wind to stop the enemies from their tracks.
Alex became exhausted after several minutes of consuming his water powers. Yessenia picked up her long sword that was left on the floor. “We only have a few more to go! On the upside, it does not seem like these monsters are still spawning. All we have to do is to clean out these monsters and we are done.”
Shirley frowned. “This is tiring! I’m using up lots of my elemental crystal energy.”
Huy wiped his forehead. “I’m still kinda good. We can take care of the rest.”
Yessenia agreed with him. “Right. Shirley, Alex! You two take all of the injured people and bring them to a safer place.”
“What safer place?!” Alex whined.
“Just find a place!” Yessenia commanded with a raising voice. Alex made a hysterical laugh as he listened to her. Shirley only rolled her eyes at his wimpy response.
In the Plaines Triangle, Matt saw a wall right in front of him and an opening to the right. “Alright, let’s see where this goes!” He turned to his right but there was a dead end. “Damn it! What’s going on?”
Amy called out for Matt’s name and Matt responded to her. Amy yelled, “Can you hear me? Listen, this is a labyrinth!” Amy noticed that the walls were well-shaped like a perfect labyrinth filled with old plants and decayed skeletons. “The way a labyrinth works is that it is a maze and you have to find your way out. Not many people have found their way.”
Matt took sight of two skeletons sitting next to each other. Matt rolled his eyes. “Well apparently I can see that!” He made a joke.
Amy examined the walls and then some dry footprints on the ground. “Use your instincts to figure out your way.”
Matt tried to act smart by knocking on the walls. “There must be a secret door around here.” He yelled loud enough for Amy to listen.
Amy chuckled a little. “Eheh… I don’t think it works that way in here… Although, I think I have an idea.” Amy made the dead plants come to life and they grew quickly like beanstalks. “Maybe this should do it!” The beanstalks grew taller and Amy began to climb up against the end of the wall. As she reached the top, she made an expression of amazement. “Whoa…” The labyrinth was about a mile in length. “It looks really confusing. Matt, where are you?”
“And how can you find me?”
“Throw up a fireball into the sky!”
Matt stopped for a second. “Fireball… I can fly in the air by using fire!” Matt flew up above the walls and he tried to pass through each wall. “Aha!” He suddenly got hit by an invisible force and he fell back onto the ground. “Agh… what just happened…”
Amy was shocked after seeing Matt crash into an invisible wall from afar. “That wasn’t a good idea either… Well, this means I can’t cheat my way through this either. But, I can still see the way towards the center of the Plaines Triangle.”
Matt sat down on the ground, thinking about it. “What would I do in a labyrinth… Er…”
Amy looked closely at the large imprint of numbers near the Plaines Triangle. “6:04… 6:03… Is that…?!”
Matt called out to her, “What is it?”
“We have only six minutes left, Matt! We have to hurry!”
Matt stood up quickly. “What?! Then let’s go!” Matt began aimlessly running. “I can’t find the center!!”
Amy examined more of the skeleton’s decay and the age of the plants. “If I can control plants, then I am able to decipher them really well.” She began focusing. She could sense the path of where past humans used to walk through. She had to access plant information on the time of the dead plants being stepped on and then she calculated the estimate distance from where she stood to the end of the labyrinth. “This way!” She said to herself. While running, she called out for Matt’s name. “Matt! Do you remember your way out?”
“Uh… I think so, why?” The time was still ticking: 4:48.
“Great! I think I can find my way to the center! Just make your way back out.”
“What?! But I want to find it too.”
“It’s not worth your life. So please, we can make things easier this way.” Amy said kindly.
Matt sighed as he agreed to do so. The time became 3:52 when Amy continued running again. Matt was looking for his way back. He could not remember exactly. “Agh! Where is the exit?! How much time do we have left?”
Amy checked her watch. “From when I saw six minutes, we got about less than three minutes left! Don’t worry. I can sense that I’m almost there!” Amy continued to run and dark vines grew from the ground. She tripped onto the floor.
Matt heard her yelp and he stopped. “A-Amy! Are you okay over there?!”
Amy noticed that the vines were darkened and mysterious. Jaime’s voice could be heard from up above. “I forgot to mention. It’s not just some simple labyrinth. You have to find a way to get out of those vines!~” He appeared in front of her.
Amy became angry. “It’s not nice to even consider exploiting monsters to the whole world!” She tried not to rage. The time was 2:20 now. Amy was about a quarter of a mile towards the center of the labyrinth. “Beanstalk Tower!” She said while lying on the floor. Many large beanstalks began surrounding Jaime.
“W-What?” Jaime took a step back. “Impossible. Those dark vines were supposed to steal the energy away from your powers!”
Amy struggled to continue using her powers, and so she used up all of her might on that very attack to inflict damage on Jaime. “Go, Tower of the Beanstalk!!” All of the vines on the beanstalk flew towards him and his focus on the dark vines vanished. Amy was set free and Jaime turned himself into a shadow to avoid the large beanstalk vines. Amy hurried her way to the center of the labyrinth. The time was now left with 1:08. Amy could sense the labyrinth nearing.
“It doesn’t matter that you’ve found the center now, Amy. Give it up.” Said Jaime. Amy was still eager to reach the center.
With 32 seconds to spare, Amy finally reached the center. It was completely bright and all she had to do was press a switch that will stop one of the Grand Cradles’ gates. “Here goes… I’m finally here.” 31… 30… 29… the time was ticking. She quickly reached the altar of the Grand Cradle and she stuck her arm into the bright light. 24… 23… 22… The light flashed for quite a bit. “Come on, hurry it up!” 15… 14… 13…
“Ahaha!! Like I said, give it up, Amy! You only have a few seconds left. Did I mention you had to run all the way back outside? If you don’t, you’re stuck in here forever as well.”
“WHAT?!” Amy yelped with fear. Jaime began laughing constantly until Amy grinned, “Just kidding.”
“What did you say?”
Matt yelled from afar. “I see the bright light before me! It’s the exit!”
“Matt, leave the labyrinth! Go!” Amy cheered for him from afar.
“HEY! No!” 4… 3…
Matt took a step out. 2… “Yeah!” Matt made the labyrinth shake and all of the monsters began to shatter because of the Grand Cradle’s closure. Each and every monster, like the wave that would be seen in an audience at a baseball game, was vanishing. Each wall began to slide back into the ground and before they knew it, the floor was almost flat ground like it should be.
Amy was on the floor in exhaustion. She examined the whole field. “We did it…!” The Plaines Triangle was finally at peace and the marshes were becoming the same old natural habitat like it should be. Jaime’s shadow monsters were completely wiped out.
Jaime still made a demonic grin. “Heh heh… HEHAHAH! I’m not done yet! Lancer has quite a bit of monsters, and do not forget the most important place.” Matt could hear them talking to each other. Matt turned around to listen to them carefully. “Do you remember, Matt?” Jaime said loudly enough for him to hear. Matt waited. “Wisteria! War is coming to an end there. The promise you made back at West Bridge is almost broken. For that dying woman, for the city as a whole, it will all go down just because you could not keep a promise!”
Matt was shocked to hear this. Honestly, he had almost forgotten about his promise to save Wisteria. However, now that the thought came back, the promise was back on. He wanted to rage. The yellow and orange aura that appeared once before in the elevator boat finally came back again. Amy opened her eyes widely in dismay. He was covered in a veil of heat now. The rocks were lifted into the air and the trees were burning. “You… bastard!”
Amy tried to stand up. “Matt… Matthew! Please, stop it! Being this angry could hurt you! It’s not worth it!”
Knowing Amy, Matt had to stop. Amy was the kindest girl that Matt had ever met anyway. His eyes flustered for a moment and everything came to a stop. The aura vanished and Jaime coughed. “Ahem. What a show.” Jaime began clapping.
“You are one horrible guy!” Amy said to him.
“I am doing this for a reason.” Jaime said in a sudden serious tone.
Matt opened his arms to express confusion. “For what?! Why don’t you ever tell us your reason?!”
“I must not tell you.” Jaime snickered as he began to vanish away. “Maybe if you succeed and make your way to Wisteria, then we can talk! You are not strong enough yet!”
You are not strong enough yet! This echoed in Matt’s ear. The voice constantly repeated itself. Matt paused for a moment to think about why Jaime said that, instead of something more demonizing. “What… did he mean?” he wondered as tumbleweeds passed by.
Amy made her way back towards Matt. As they were back together in one group, Amy explained to him, “First things first about the rest of the Marconian Continent… Jaime said that there are monsters in Lancer, and of course, Wisteria. I think it’s better for us to head there as soon as possible to clear the monsters. Bunhong will protect Elk Village so I’m sure we don’t have to worry about him. How about you, Matt? What do you think is the right thing to do?”
Matt turned to the southern area of the continent. He said in an angry tone, “We head for Wisteria.”
Amy was behind him. She nodded, agreeing to go with him. They both watched Lancer from afar. The wind was blowing and nothing felt as tensioned as this moment.
Amy: Yay! We stopped the Grand Cradle from activating! *high-fives with Matt*
Matt: It was a good thing that I did nothing throughout the whole beginning, huh?
Amy: Eheh… I guess you could say that!
Shirley: Oh my gosh, fame. Fame all over the place! I can stay here for eternity and everyone will love me.
Huy: We have no time for this!
Yessenia: We need to go to the Death Maze.
Shirley: Wha?! But we just survived through a whole bunch of monsters. I’m not ready to take a risk at life yet again.
Alex: I-I don’t want to go either…
Nix: …Is that…?
Matt: Hey Nix, why are you shaking? Next time on episode 151, Plant Mutation of the Death Maze!




0 comments:
Post a Comment