Saturday, July 7, 2012

Episode 171 - Greed Versus Friendship, the Fake Digicells Attack!

Moments before, the whole group was split into three and the main focus is now based on the Druskane Continent. Matt, Alex, Nix, and Rowen all arrive at the Cranium Heights where there is a hidden spring connected to an oasis. Lupe appeared in front of Yessenia’s group who was all headed towards Crestwood, the first city to be reached when arriving at the Druskane Continent. At that moment, Lupe begins to tell the group about her own history. She was also trapped in the world of Elsiya along with all of the other El Monte students. When Yessenia’s group arrived at Crestwood, they split for a few hours before night time when they are reminded to head out to the next destination. Meanwhile, Matt is in a bind with trying to bring Thuy along into their group…
Episode 171 – Greed Versus Friendship, the Fake Digicells Attack!

            “It was a time when I was still in high school, perhaps four years ago when our powers were set up to the challenge.” Rowen said.
~~~
            “The four of us are invincible! No matter what, our powers won’t get in the way of our friendship.” Said Rowen’s friend, Droan. He was short with a navy blue fedora hat. He also had a feather in his mouth. “I’ll try my best to avoid using my powers.”
            Anietta, their larger friend, had the power to change the atmosphere of her surroundings, specifically the air. “Is it okay if I use mine for perfect temperature? That won’t hurt anybody, right?”
            Droan hugged her in happiness. “Of course you can! Like I said, these powers won’t get in our way. The battle between power users is almost over. It has only come down to the four of us, and this tournament battle will only give one person the powers. Whoever it is, we will have to respect them.”
            At that time, Rowen and his friend Narisa arrived at the blacktop behind the large gym. Droan and Anietta greeted them. Narisa giggled, “Hello! Did you two know that there is an oncoming challenge for us later today? We don’t know who the two will be between us…”
            “Like a tournament.” Droan sighed. “Well, it can’t be helped. If any of you three challenge me, don’t hesitate at all! Remember that.”
            Anietta poked him, “I’ll just change the weather to make you uncomfortable! Buaha!”
            Narisa, the slim and hyperactive girl, squealed at him, “Nooooo way! My wood powers will block your atmosphere!” Rowen was silent of the four students.
            Droan turned to him, “Hey, what’s up? You seem worried.”
            “Not really. These powers prove that we are heroes, right?”
            “Well I guess, but we are abnormal with them.”
            “...Oh.” Rowen said speechlessly. “If you put it that way.”
~~~
            As the day went on, the four students were sent to the final rounds before the championship battle. A whole crowd of magical power users from other worlds appeared in the audience while the group of four students stood in the center of the coliseum. The spokesman pointed out the next situation. “On our third to last portion of the battle, we have Anietta and Narisa! Step right up!” Droan and Rowen stood at the side of the coliseum, waiting for their match.
            Droan turned to Rowen, “Heh! Looks like we’re challenging each other later, fire wielder.” Rowen gave a fake chuckle while nervously looking away.
            “You can’t stop me!” Anietta created a wind aura all around her. Narisa began with her wood powers by making leafless trees appear all over the stage. One of the wooded pieces grew from below Anietta.
            From the crowd, Droan was amazed. “They are really giving their all! Look at them!”
            Several minutes later, Anietta was thrown onto the ground after Narisa made an inclining attack by making two pieces of wood slap together with Anietta in between. The spokesman yelled, “Anietta has fallen! Narisa wins this match!”
            “Whoa! That’s a surprise! And to think Narisa would have more control.” Droan said. Anietta began crying.
            Narisa held out her hand to Anietta, “Like Droan said, this battle should not come in between us. Friends?”
            Anietta wiped her tears away. “O-Of course.” She smiled and stood up with the help of Narisa as they walked away.
~~~
            “It is our match now!” Droan stood in front of Rowen.
            “Yeah…” Rowen said.
            “You’ve been kind of quiet lately, Rowen. Seriously, what’s up?”
            “It’s nothing.”
            The match began with the two of them and Droan was able to start by making smoke appear all around him. He began to vanish within the smoke but Rowen blew a large amount of fire all around Droan. The moist from the flame and smoke caused Droan’s invisibility to fail. Droan reappeared again. “W-What the heck?! When did you get so strong?!”
            Rowen threw a spinning fireball, “Swinging Fireball!” Right after, he called for another attack, “Extermination Valley of Flames!” A large vermillion of flames appeared in a straight line, flying towards Droan.
            Droan fell to the ground, slightly burning. Droan tried to use his smoke powers. “S-Stop! You’re going overboard!”
            “Grandulous Flare Amygdala!” A demonic flame appeared in the same of Satan’s face right in front of Droan. The elemental king stopped Rowen from using such spell.
            “Enough!” The king yelled. “Droan is already unable to continue due to pinning. Rowen wins this battle.”
            Droan grinned. “I-I don’t understand! When were you able to even use those spells? Why were you able to do them without chanting?”
            Rowen looked away. “I studied hard in order to keep this powers.”
            “You only want to win… and keep your powers? What about your friends?”
            Rowen began leaving the coliseum. “I feel heroism is more important. I await for Narisa in the next battle.”
            Droan clenched his teeth in anger.
~~~
            In the end, Rowen brutally defeated Narisa in an elemental battle between fire and wood. Narisa was unable to continue fighting, and even worse, was sent to the magical hospital. With Rowen’s powers, Narisa was too weak to outstand against it when she was in the hospital. Slowly, her energy was being drained and she eventually passed away. Droan did as well when he fought against Rowen previously. As days passed, Rowen and Anietta finally encountered each other.
~~~
            Anietta looked at him. “You…”
            “What do you want?”
            “How can you give me that tone even after what you’ve done to your friends?!”
            “Excuse me?” Rowen questioned. Anietta tried to use her powers but she could no longer make an uncomfortable absolute zero temperature to even fight Rowen. “You don’t understand.”he said.
            “Yeah. Heroism is much more important to you than friendship. I get it. Let’s see if that works against me!”
            Rowen created a large amount of flames that surrounded Anietta in an instant before she could escape. She was surprised. “Don’t say such mockery of my powers. The king already granted me the powers and you are stuck powerless.”
            Anietta could do nothing. She was fainting from the heat which eventually made her lose energy. Anything these flames touched caused living things to die and rot slowly… Rowen was too strong for anybody.
~~~
            Days have passed… and Rowen had been feeling lonely. He regret what he had done… and he wanted to revive them.
~~~
            Nix said to Matt and Alex, “I saw the whole thing in his soul, just like when I am in your own soul, Matt.”
            Matt was amazed. “Whoa… so you are that old?”
            Nix screamed hysterically, “That’s what you’re thinking?! This Rowen guy is dangerous, I tell you!”
            Rowen moped to himself. “I want to use that Telsi potion to save my friends… to restore peace between us, and the world. If only I can get my hands on that potion…”
            Alex whispered to Matt, “I’m against this too. Nix is right. The fact that he’s going to mess with dead souls like his three friends, I don’t like that.”
            Matt thought about Santi. “But Santi fought for us. No one betrayed each other. He deserves to come back. Is he even dead? He just disappeared!”
            Alex grabbed Matt’s shoulders. “Don’t you remember the tone of his voice when he disappeared? He even told us that he wants you to continue your journey without him. He’s dead! D-E-A-D, dead!”
            Matt punched Alex on the face. “Don’t you ever say that AGAIN!!” He was extremely angry. Nix began silent.
            Alex felt his cheeks. “Ergh… you…!”
~~~
            Meanwhile, Yessenia and Venus reached about half a mile before the end of the city. Turning around, they could see strange monsters that look nothing like the typical digicells. Venus took sight of one of them. “That’s a weird monster. It’s white and it smells like marker.”
            “What a strange way to describe a monster.”
            “Hey, it’s true.”
            “More importantly, what are these monsters doing in a city of Crestwood?”
            Venus grabbed Yessenia’s arms, “Come on, Yessenia. We have no time to look around anymore. We have to go towards the end of the city.”
            Yessenia wanted to defeat the monsters. “They could attack our friends at any second. Besides, Crestwood is now under-attacked all the sudden! I cannot just stand around and watch this happen.” She ran towards a monster to attack it.
            Venus tried to call for her but Yessenia was already determined to fight against them. “Y-Yessenia! Agh. What should I do?” She thought about it carefully. “Speaking of monsters, could this mean that Tony already activated the Grand Cradle of the Druskane Continent? I’m not too smart on this stuff but from what I remember as Tony mentioned back in Wisteria, he said monsters appear if he activates that cradle thing. Then again… these monsters do look weird…”
            Yessenia made some disappear but she was unsure if that meant the monsters were dead. They just vanished into thin air a lot faster than a digicell would. “This is strange. I cannot sense any magnificent energy coming from them. They even look quite odd.”
            “What are you trying to say?”
            “In other words, these monsters are coming from a different source.”
            “That is right.” A familiar voice was heard. Yessenia and Venus were alert, but moreover, Yessenia turned first. It was Brandon Mares, Yessenia’s middle school friend who had helped the main group reach Edmund through a dimension. “I made those monsters.”
            Yessenia clapped her hands together as she suddenly squealed in joy. “Brandon!~”
            Venus’s heart skipped a beat after freaking out from Yessenia’s change in personality. “You’re so not in character right now!”
            Yessenia became serious. “It has been awhile. What are you doing in a place like this?”
            Brandon had a palette in his hand. “I see you defeated all my monsters. I actually have an unlimited supply of them, though.”
            “Why are you making monsters attack a city?”
            “Rowen is asking me and my friends to take control of the Druskane Continent on behalf of the Peridot soldiers. Guess what, Yessenia! I’m a lieutenant! Isn’t that awesome?” He spun in a circle with his palette of paint splashing all over the floor.
            Venus glared at him. “Oh wow. He is quite the pretty one.”
            “Yeah, he is known for that…” Yessenia said shamefully. “Anywho, you must stop this.”
            “Our leader told us to do so in order for us to go back to Earth! Rowen said if we do this for a few more days, he will promise us strong powers and we get to go back in El Monte!”
            Yessenia shook her hand. “That is a sham! Don’t you already have powers?”
            “But I want to become stronger. I want to be a better artist. There’s always room for improvement.” He suddenly drew a mustache on his face and then he said in a romantic tone, “For I will find my inner beauty to grow stronger in love.”
            Venus looked away. “Wow. That made no sense even if it had to do with love…”
            “Bear with it.” Yessenia said bluntly. “It seems like a sham to me.”
            “I vowed my life to our leader, Rowen. I will promise myself to do whatever he says if it means destroying a fictional city just to get back to El Monte.”
            “That is some naïve thinking! This world of Elsiya is real.”
            “But it is not our world. Once we leave, we’re never coming back.” Brandon argued. “Why would you care about a fictional place like this?”
            “People are people. Living beings are living beings. We all deserve the right to live. We cannot confirm much about the reality of Elsiya, but we must save as much people as possible even then!” Brandon remembered how he entered Elsiya by thinking about Jennifer and Lupe, and then drawing a dimension to reach them. Yessenia asked him, “Are all Peridot soldiers in on this scheme as well?”
            Brandon nodded. “Yes. Jennifer, Lupe, Ghoul, Johan, Rowen… They’re all a part of it. There is some other guy but I don’t know his name. He said his cousin is here as well. That cousin… happened to be Winny.”
            Yessenia’s eyes opened wide. “…Winny?!”
            Venus took a step back. “Now hold on a minute. Winny, from my middle school?!”
            Yessenia said to Venus, “You’re both from the same middle school?!”
            “Well, yeah. We haven’t really talked back then but we grew some friendship bonding back in Freshman year.”
            Brandon said to them, “All of these people are fighting for their lives here, Yessenia. Please understand! These Peridot lieutenants are not going to drop without a fight. If you really believe in your own standards, then you must fight all of us.”
            Yessenia made her long sword appear as she stabbed the dirt ground in front of her. “If pride is all that it takes to save Elsiya, then so be it. I will fight to, even if we are childhood friends!”
            Venus took out her whip and then she said, “I will fight alongside with you. We’re in this battle together, remember that!”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Venus: W-What is going on? What kind of power is that?
Yessenia: It seems like he can create anything he draws!
Brandon: That’s right! Beware what I can do!
Rowen: In a moment, we will head to Tigre Village.
Matt: ‘Tiger’ Village, you mean?
Rowen: Tigre Village.
Alex: He’s talking kind of funny…
Matt: He already talks funny with that ‘uf’ crap.
Shirley: And who the hell is this girl?!
???: We’ve met before!
Matt: An old character makes a reappearance! Next time on episode 172, Vicious Rivalry of the Artistic, Fire Versus Water!!
Venus: He could have gotten us out of Elsiya! Damn it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment