Saturday, July 7, 2012

Episode 170 - The Boy in the Flames, Thuy's Words of Wisdom

Moments before, the whole group was split into three and the main focus is now based on the Druskane Continent. Matt, Alex, Nix, and Rowen all arrive at the Cranium Heights where there is a hidden spring connected to an oasis. Lupe appeared in front of Yessenia’s group who was all headed towards Crestwood, the first city to be reached when arriving at the Druskane Continent. At that moment, Lupe begins to tell the group about her own history. She was also trapped in the world of Elsiya along with all of the other El Monte students. When Yessenia’s group arrived at Crestwood, they split for a few hours before night time when they are reminded to head out to the next destination.
Episode 170 – The Boy in the Flames, Thuy’s Words of Wisdom

            In the main marketplace of Crestwood, Shirley and William both browsed the local clothing stores. Shirley threw William a pink dress, “How about this?!”
            William screeched, “Eeh! No!”
            “Oh I’m sorry. I forgot that you were a guy.” She handed him a blue dress. “Better?”
            William sighed. “That’s not what I meant… Uh, what about guy clothes? My three friends, Van, Maggie, and Jenny knew exactly what to look for when it came to my style of clothing.”
            Shirley threw the dress on the ground. “You know what? I shop with Sharon all the time and she doesn’t complain.”
            “But she’s a girl…” William then took a hat. “How about this?”
            Shirley giggled. “You’re not a hat person. You don’t look like a ‘William’ if you wore hats.”
            “But I wore a hat throughout the whole Marconian Continent…”
            “Ooh, see? I wonder how that was working out for you. Anyway, moving on!”
            A few greenish-armored soldiers were hiding behind the two. They seem to have noticed that Shirley and William were foreigners of Crestwood, let alone, foreigners of the world of Elsiya itself. “On behalf of the Peridot lieutenants, we must get them. There are a few other soldiers dressed casually so they won’t be of suspicion, hehehe…” A few other soldiers were laughing together.
~~~
            While Omar and Peter were walking through the city of Crestwood, Omar began laughing obnoxiously. “How do you like this new outfit? At this rate, everyone’s going to think you’re a human in a panda costume!” Peter wore a clown suit with a red nose.
“I don’t think I like this idea.” Peter said angrily. They could see a crowd bunching together in the auction center. “What’s going on here?” Peter tried to examine the whole scenery but the crowd was in the way.
            “Don’t worry about that. I got this covered.” Omar suddenly changed his clothes into an auctioneer outfit. “Sweet! Time to go up front and see what’s up.” Omar ran off into the crowd, leaving Peter behind and confused of what to do next.
            Near the auction house, Omar pushed aside many of the customers who were waiting in line for the upcoming auction house. At the front, the worker said to him, “Ah! Mister with the blue hair, you must be new around here.” This made Omar say nothing. “So anyway, we are selling a few novelties. There is one item in particular that seems extra strange.”
            Omar was given a camera. “What is this?”
            “A camera.”
            “No I mean- Well, why is it a novelty item?”
            “There are strange photos in here that we have saved in our files. We’ve already put it in our backup files within this cellphone.” The man showed Omar the image of Matt in flames.
            Omar stared at him without emotion. After about five awkward seconds, Omar suddenly slapped the cellphone off the guard’s hand. “What now?~ NYAAAHAHA.” He suddenly ran off away from the crowd.
            “Well, how’d it go?” Peter asked curiously.
            “It went well. There was some kid who looked like Matt in the photo so I knocked out his cellphone. All they have left is the camera.”
            Peter shook his head. “Phew, thank god.” He gave a sigh of relief. “It’s just a picture of Matt in flames. If they exploit it and do some research on the image, they’ll find out that the building is not even made from Elsiya, so- wait… WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!” Peter yelled from the top of his lungs and almost the whole city could hear.
            The whole crowd turned silent as they watched him in confusion. Omar coughed. “What a strange pand- man, this guy is!”
            A civilian whispered to her friend, “Did he just say ‘panda’?”
            “That’s kind of weird…” her friend said. The commotion went on.
            “Pandaman!” Omar slapped Peter’s back. “This guy’s so weird, loving bamboo and all. I couldn’t help nicknaming him as ‘Pandaman’. GAHAHAHA!”
            Peter rolled his eyes. He had a hat and a half-face mask. “I like to dress up for Halloween every day.” He lied. “How much is that camera over there?”
            “400 sens.” The guard said.
            “Sens? How much is that compared to US dollars?”
            Omar answered Peter, “In Elsiya, the currency is called ‘sens’ and is um… weaker than the US dollar by like 100. So, it’s 4 dollars only. We can buy it off of him!”
            The guard coughed. “Ayuhhh um, it’s actually stronger by 100.”
            Peter began counting with his fingers. “Stronger by 100… hm… That’s… 40,000 US DOLLARS?!?!?! OMAR!”
            Omar suddenly changed clothes into a professional dancer and then he danced around, avoiding every one of Peter’s attacks of anger. “Ahaaaah my bad!”
            Peter became serious. “On another note, that must mean that the camera belongs to Joey! So he really is nearby!”
~~~
            Along the group’s visit in Crestwood, Omar and Peter figure out that Joey is somewhere nearby Crestwood. Meanwhile, Shirley and William are looking for a new set of clothes to buy for themselves. Huy is also looking for stronger gauntlets for battle. As for Yessenia and Venus, well… Yessenia already senses a strange presence within the city and she alerts Venus about it. “Stop.”
            “What is it? Why are you being serious again?”
            “This time, it is necessary. There are people who look as if they are following us.”
            “What makes you think that?”
            Yessenia pointed at the awkward bunny and crocodile costumes walking behind them. “Uh well…”
            “Oh.” Venus giggled, “They seem normal to me. Elsiya is filled with surprises.”
            “Are you seriously trying to make a joke right now?”
            “F-Fine. Should we go to the meeting spot in Crestwood right now? It might seem a little early. We still have about an hour left before it’s almost 8PM and it’s already dark out right now.”
            “At the moment, we have no trace of where the other five are. For now, we will just have to trust that they are safe. Let us go to the end of the city then.” Yessenia commanded and Venus agreed with her.
~~~
            Besides Yessenia’s group, there is also a rather familiar-looking girl, but a little older now. She was walking barefooted while holding onto a strange puppet. “Those people are here. They are in danger, but are also being chased by the soldiers. I can’t let them find me. For the sake of my favorite puppy, I must search for him outside of Crestwood!”
~~~
            Rowen began leaving the springs. Alex was facing Rowen, thinking about what should be done next. Matt was still looking at Thuy, being concerned about Elsiya and herself. “Thuy… you have to come back to El Monte.”
            Thuy resented. “N-No, I can’t. As much as I want to, I just can’t. Elsiya is another world that we shouldn’t be selfish with. There are people who want to live, and just because of me, the world will lose its energy source.”
            “That’s stupid! What was this world like before you became a spirit for Elsiya then?!”
            Thuy looked away, “Another spirit girl called herself ‘Narisa’. She…”
            Rowen suddenly turned around. “Narisa? Narisa who?”
            Matt and Alex noticed Rowen’s interest. Thuy answered him, “She was the previous spirit woman of Elsiya. She says she used to go to El Monte and she graduated in the year 2007. She… killed herself after seeing me. She said that she would rather have someone who was more loving, to protect the world of Elsiya as a new spirit.”
            Rowen froze in disappointment. “Narisa… You’ve got to be kidding me!” Rowen began having a dark reddish aura all around him. “One uf my three main friends… definitely gone!”
            Alex tried to stop him, “Your aura is too strong! You should calm down.”
            “Didn’t you already know all three of your friends were dead?” Matt asked.
            Rowen’s aura vanished. “I know… but, I didn’t think Narisa would die so recklessly.”
            Matt turned to Thuy, “And now my friend is in control. It all makes sense now. It passes down to the next generation, or every few years or so.”
            Thuy clenched her hands together. “So please, Matt. I hope you understand. I will help you make the Telsi Potion, but I need the Bird’s Tear.”
            Rowen said again, “Like I mentioned before, I think I know a great alchemist. We must head over to the Trinity Top soon as well.”
            Alex crossed his arms. “Psch. To revive your friend, huh. If this Telsi Potion is that much of a miracle, then why can’t we use it for the sake of Elsiya? Why need a spirit to support Elsiya? Why can’t Elsiya just run on its own, like the sun on Earth?”
            Rowen began walking away. “That’s just how Elsiya works. The Telsi Potion cannot defy fate.”
            Alex whispered to Matt, “Tch. What a hypocrite he is.”
            Matt grinned. “We have no other choice but to keep going. We’ll definitely try to get Thuy back. For now, we have to see if the Telsi Potion even works. And to do that, we have to find the ingredients of the Telsi formula.”
            Alex interrupted him. He was unsure about what to think of the idea. “Um, are you really sure this Telsi Potion is magical?”
            “How should I know? I wasn’t born here. To me, I’ll trust my own instincts and say that I know what I’m doing.” He began walking towards Rowen.
            “It didn’t work when you failed to save Wisteria.”
            Matt stopped. This comment really ticked him off now. “Shut up. Just, shut up.” Matt continued onward. Nix was watching Matt’s confused expression from his spirit. This bird was also worried about Matt’s actions, but it did not say anything.
            Alex was still at the springs. He was not sure whether to follow Matt or not. “That boy is the most idiot person I have ever met.”
            Thuy, as a spirit, was still in the springs. “He is your friend too, right?”
            “Friend? Hah. He’s just an idiot!”
            “But still a friend?”
            “…What are you trying to say?”
            “Go with him. You can still stop him. Right now, he’s just at a confused state of believing he can be a hero and whatnot. Although his actions might seem ridiculous, it is only because he has nothing else to trust but himself. When the time is wrong for him, nobody else but you would be able to support him at this point. As I’ve figured, many other El Monte students must be scattered here in Elsiya. If you two are the only ones in one group, his fate will only happen because of your actions now.”
            Alex grinned. “Fate…? Matt…” Alex shook his head. “Thanks, Thuy, whoever you are! Like Matt said, we’ll try to help you but it won’t be certain.” He began trying to catch up to Matt.
            Thuy giggled and said kindly, “If you believe… then maybe this miracle will happen.”
~~~
            At the end of the heights, Matt continues to think about the situation that he has been put into. Rowen, a stronger fire elemental user, is right before him. From generation to generation, Matt is definitely seen as a disgrace in strength compared to Rowen. It is difficult to tell whether Rowen’s intentions are true or not, mainly because of his emotionless expressions. To clarify, Nix is also terrified by Rowen’s existence. Perhaps Nix has had an interesting connection to Rowen, but has not said anything yet. Why has Nix sided with Matt out of nowhere now?
            “Wait.” Matt said. They were at the edge of the cavern that led to the springs. They were high up above from the floor’s Cranium Heights.
            Rowen paused before taking a step down the high cavern. “Do you have a question? Any concern?”
            Matt pointed at Rowen, “You… you’re not just any fire elemental user. Why do you have the same powers as me, but only stronger? Where did you come from? Who are you exactly?!”
            Rowen turned around. He stared at Matt with an emotionless expression. “You are asking me that now?” Matt became silent. Rowen went on, “Well then, if you’re desperate to know. My name is Rowen Bartholemute. I am a fire elemental user. What else do you want to know about me?”
            Matt stomped his feet several times. “GAAAH I already know that!! I meant the outside of who you are.”
            “Me? I graduated from class uf 2007. I was once a weak fire elemental user. It passed down to the next four classes. The one from 2008 failed miserable and lost in the elemental challenge. The next one from 2009 lost before even reaching the finals, in this case, when Michael won. 2010 is currently at its state uf losing. And 2011, here you are.”
            Matt gasped. “2010? Currently? You mean their elemental challenge is right now?!”
            “Yeah. It happens every early junior year. You did not know?” Matt had nothing else to say. “That’s not entirely about me though, isn’t it? I guess we’ll just have to get to the serious talk.”
Alex was listening from behind a ledge. Matt shook his head in agreement. Rowen began laughing hysterically.
“If you really want to know, then I will tell you. Hmhmhmhmhm, hehahahaha! Aaaahahahaha!!!” The laughter echoed throughout the cavernous spring causing Matt, Alex, and Nix to be extra worried about what Rowen has to say…
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: Is that how your past is like?!
Alex: I say we should run away now that we have a chance to!
Matt: No! Not yet!
Yessenia: What is this strange lack of energy?
Venus: Well, these monsters look nothing like the ones we’ve seen before…
Yessenia: One can assume that these are not digicells at all. But why now?
Venus: And who is that?!
???: Beauty is not all about appearance!~
Yessenia: It-It-It’s you!
Venus: Say what now?
Matt: An old friend of Yessenia appears! Next time on episode 171, Greed Versus Friendship, the Fake Digicells Attack!!
Venus: Why does he keep spinning and dancing?!
Yessenia: Get used to it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment