Episode 56 – The Mysterious Two-Hearted Girl
Matt and Winny were face to face. They were standing at a small distance away from each other for Matt’s sake himself. After seeing how well Winny was being hyperactive compared to who she is now, Matt figured that she might do something unexpected to hurt him physically.
“Let me ask you again, Matthew, or Matt if that’s what you prefer. Are you afraid of me?”
“N-No, I’m not!” Matt was shaking. A sweat drop fell from his left cheek. “Just who the heck are you, appearing more often in my life all the sudden?”
“What, a person can’t do that? I’m sad.” Winny giggled with her hair covering her eyes. “Just like you, I am the same.”
“Same? What do you mean?”
“Do you want me to show you?”
“H-Huh? Stop playing around already!”
“If you say so.” Winny suddenly ran towards Matt with the quickness. With reflex, Matt opened his eyes wide while he summoned a firing fist to protect himself. Instead, Winny decided to aim for his stomach than his face. She gave a strong punch to Matt’s chest and blood came out of Matt’s mouth. Everything felt slow to Matt at that little moment.
Matt fell backwards onto the ground. He sat up quickly, yelping for breath. “Ahhhh!! What the heck was that for?!?! (Why did she hit so strong?!)”
Winny shook her head in disappointment, “What was that? Why did you not block your whole body instead of just your face?”
Matt remembered that Santi told him not to go directly for the enemy when he attacks. This would also apply to defending. “Were you…”
“Are you surprised that I mentioned the same flaw as what Santi had told you?” Matt was still as scared as ever. Winny confessed, “That’s right. I was beside Santi’s house if you haven’t noticed the whole time. Arkon’s Magic is such a lovely place to be, don’t you think?”
“H-How did you get there?!” Matt yelled.
“I have a cellphone.”
“That is not my point! How… what kind of powers do you have? Or who told you about Arkon’s Magic?”
Winny leaned on the tennis courts, “Are you completely clueless? I just showed you my powers.”
“W-What?”
“Superhuman strength. I can easily control it as well.”
Matt scratched his head, “That’s a typical power that any normal human being can have if they work out enough.”
Winny explained her situation. “That is what you think. I can only get stronger without having to get beefy arms like you strange men have as you grow older. My body resists that type of power. It only triggers when I stop becoming the giddy girl that you usually see around here. Before my powers, I was only a giddy girl.”
“(So that is her normal form. Thank god…)” Matt gave a huge sigh.
Winny began walking towards Matt. “I won’t hurt you again. Don’t crawl away from me unless that suits you best.” Matt wanted to crawl away, but Winny worded herself in a way to show that Matt would be a coward if he did crawl away.
“How long have you had your powers?”
“That does not matter. By the way, you seem to have a great connection with Santi, is that right?”
“N-Not really. He doesn’t tell me much about himself.”
“Eventually, he will open up to you. It was… how it worked for me.” She looked up into the sky with a face that Matt noticed to be a kind-hearted smile. Matt gasped a little after noticing that she was also a softie.
“You two know each other well?” Matt asked.
Winny started to chuckle. “Yes. It was when we first met… Two and a half years ago.”
~~~
Winny picked up her clarinet to play a certain song in her class. She noticed that a few girls were squealing in happiness. She stopped to check what the ruckus was. As she placed her clarinet back onto the table, she followed some of her friends into the next room and she could see Santi trying to move away from the girls. Winny sighed, “They’re always like this, aren’t they?”
~~~
“And that’s how we met.” Winny concluded.
Matt yelled in stupidity, “THAT EXPLAINS NOTHING!” He became serious, “But how did you two become close?”
Winny scratched her head as she became giddy all the sudden, “Oh you asked how we became close? Oh, oh I’m sorry I thought you meant when we first met.”
Matt slapped himself, “Oh god. She’s clumsy all the sudden.”
“It was in our Critical Thinking class. I thought you knew since you were there but never mind. In that class, we were grouped together for projects and the same thing happened at the beginning of this year.”
“Critical Thinking? What kind of class was that?” Matt questioned.
“I could have sworn I saw you in there.” Winny felt confused. “Anyhow, I got them in the summer before we were official freshmen.” Winny suddenly became serious again. “Matt…”
Matt suddenly felt scared, “(What the hell? She became scary again!)”
“Look into the sky.” She pointed up near the sun.
Matt looked up and his eyes began to hurt. “Ow! Why would you make me look at the sun?!”
Winny quickly became the giddy girl, “Oh, oh oops! Here, use these sunglasses! Sorry!”
Matt got angry, “YOU TELL ME THAT NOW?!” Matt took the sunglasses and he looked up into the sky near the sun, “I don’t see anything.”
Winny reverted into the serious girl, “As you can see, there is no red glare in the sky, right?”
“What’s your point- Huh?!” Matt suddenly froze in surprise. He just remembered something very important. “Winny! Where is that flash near the sun?”
“What flash?” Winny grinned.
“The one- the one that made me get my fire powers! Where is it? Why is it gone?”
“It was never there. Perhaps you were looking at the flames too long on the first day of school, furthermore causing a red glare in the sky to appear after getting a careless concussion after falling down from oil.”
“You didn’t need to be that descriptive.” Goose bumps rose from Matt’s skin, “Eugh, the thought of falling and feeling such pain hurts my mind.” He looked up into the sky again, “So it was never there…?” Winny shook her head and Matt continued, “Then how did I get these fire powers?”
Winny confessed. “I did it.”
“What.” Matt said stupidly.
“Someone must have imprinted something on you while you fainted. It would make sense that this has to do with Santi, don't you think?”
“What are you talking about? Wouldn’t anybody else see?”
“He was the one who could bend time, couldn't he?”
“Bend time…? SANTI?”
“Of course. He was in on it all along. I overheard him on that very first day when you two met. He knew that you were going to have fire powers. Why else would he tell you that so casually?”
Matt ran towards Winny in anger. He grabbed onto her shoulders, “Why… why would he do this to me?!” Matt raised his right fist, “You're telling me now…?!”
Winny closed her eyes, “I assume you don’t follow the rule for feminism.”
“Male, female, whatever! Genders are the same to me. Women strive for equality, so they will get equality. Tell me, why did you do this to me?!” Matt could see tears coming out of Winny’s closed eyes. Winny seemed to be trembling.
Matt quickly let go of her. Winny fell to the ground on her knees, “Because… I was hoping you, along with other people, would save this world from danger. I believed you would… be the one to save me!”
Matt froze. “H-Huh?”
“Echoville, it’s Echoville! There’s too much going on in my mind. It hurts…!”
“What the heck are you talking about?”
Winny took out her cellphone, “Come with me. I have to show you myself.” Matt did not know whether he should trust her or not, but he seemed interested due to all of the confusion going on. They both went to Echoville together, the land of silence.
~~~
In Echoville, Matt almost fell. He stood up properly and he turned in 360’s a few times, “Wh-What is this?!” The whole area around him was in the night time and the buildings were falling apart.
Winny pointed at each and every one of the broken buildings, “These are the ones I’ve destroyed.”
“WHAT?!”
“I’ve been breaking them one by one and it is because of a book that I have read. It said Echoville’s peace comes when all buildings fall apart. But the more I break, the guiltier I feel.”
Matt picked up a piece of rubble left behind from a broken building. It fell like dust. “(This girl… just how strong can she be…?!)”
Santi was beside a building. He appeared before Matt and Winny, “Oh? You two are here.”
Matt suddenly remembered that Santi was a part of Winny’s plans to make Matt gain fire powers, “It’s you.” Matt said bluntly.
“Hey, what is with the tone?” Santi said in question.
Matt ran towards Santi in anger, “I can’t forgive you either!!”
As Matt got as close as possible to attacking Santi, Santi used his time powers to completely stop Matt from moving. Winny was surprised, “Oh my goodness, when did you learn to use such strong power? I thought you could only slow people down. On top of that, you weren’t able to stop power users from moving.”
Santi coughed, “Ahem, well, it takes practice. We all get stronger at some point, no?”
Winny shrugged, “Eh, I was going to knock him out for a moment anyway with a smack in the head. He cannot seem to control himself when it comes to us trying to explain to him.”
“Aren’t you going a bit too far? I think stopping him from moving is best.”
“You’re just too sensitive sometimes.” Winny giggled, “Have you told him about the past? He seems completely clueless about his Critical Thinking class over the summer and I think you have something to do with it.”
Santi scratched his head. He felt guilty, “Ehe, my bad. I will tell him when he is ready.”
“The sooner, the better.” Winny said kindly.
“Fine, I guess you’re right… In the meantime, let’s walk around and find some more clues about this place.” Winny agreed to go with him.
~~~
In the real world, Jaime wiped his forehead from sweat, “Yuck, I’m so tired. Why did they make the track meets on Thursdays? It’s so hot! Blah!” He chugged down the water bottle and he threw it onto the floor. He accidentally threw it on his shadow, causing him to feel pain from the little slap when the bottle reached the floor, “Ack. Man, I need to control myself sometimes.” He took out his cellphone, “I got to call for my ride home.” He noticed that Echoville was open for him. “Another place? And to think the Forest of Emille was enough for me. Eh. I should go there for now and see what’s up.”
~~~
In Echoville, Santi and Winny were at a river. Winny pointed at a boat, “We should take this boat onto the island over there. It’s not so far.”
Santi yawned, “Sometimes I just wish we had other types of powers to get us over there in an instant.” They both took a boat towards the island. There were many other extra boats but there was no need.
Going through the lake-like river, Winny said while paddling, “I remember there were lots of ugly digicells underwater. So, we have to be careful.”
“You tell me this now?” Santi rolled his eyes.
Winny laughed, “Ahah, I would have never thought that you were scared.”
“I am not.” Santi felt teased. At that silent moment right after, they could hear a rumbling sound. “How big are these digicells again?”
All the sudden, a giant ugly shark appeared from below the lake. It flew out of the water and it was flying back down, opening its mouth towards Winny and Santi. Santi stopped time on the shark and Winny looked away, “Oh that’s a wonderful sight.” She said in sarcasm. “Oh, by the way, where is Matt?”
Santi gasped, “Crap! I forgot to defreeze him.” Santi opened his palms to use his time powers to revert Matt back to normal from a distance.
Winny smiled, “Great, now how are we going to get him now that he’s free to move around?”
Santi jumped on his boat, “Argh! That was a mistake. I forgot that he might move away from the building.”
Winny teased Santi, “Matt has no cellphone~ So you can’t call him. You can’t use your time powers to stop him again from a distance, yet you can revert anybody from afar. Your time powers aren’t so great yet, I assume.”
Santi clenched his fists, “Be quiet.”
~~~
Matt became free again. “Oh that damn Santi!”
Jaime appeared next to him. He tripped on a piece of rubble, “Wah- ah, ah! Agh.” He fell on his face. He quickly got up and he turned into a 360, “Where am I?”
“That’s exactly what I did. You’re in a place called Echoville.” Matt said.
“Really? So where are we?”
“I JUST SAID IT.” Matt said in a frustrated tone. “Let’s go look around! It seems interesting here.”
“Dude, I just got here…”
“So? Adventures are always fun!” Matt walked ahead and Jaime realized that Matt did not really go out that much in his past.
“I guess now he has the opportunity.” Jaime said kindly.
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Episode 57 is next! What will be showing, I wonder? Wahhh! That's a creepy plant! What am I doing here?!
Jaime: Calm the heck down, man.
Winny: Santi, I present to you, Echoville, the land of no existing human.
Matt: Why, Santi, why? Why did you do this to me? My memory... everything. Why of all people, me?! This is the worst thing that's ever happened to me...!! *tears*
Santi: I am... truly sorry. It was for the sake of everything.
Matt: Matt cries, this is truly disastrous! Next week on episode 57, A Forgotten Memory to be Regained!
Winny: Crybaby.
Matt: Go away!

0 comments:
Post a Comment