Episode 57 – A Forgotten Memory to be Regained
Matt examined lots of buildings and rubber nearby. He poked a plant, “These are just as interesting as the underworld in Olympia. Shirley will be so jealous when she finds out that I’m here to look at all of this before her!”
Jaime scratched his head, “I don’t know you that much, Matt, but when I focus on what you do, you seem kind of weird. Heh.”
“Whatever!” Matt did not care. He was happy already to see all of these strange pieces from another world.
The plant suddenly opened its eyes along with its mouth. Matt stopped for a moment to think about the object. Jaime gasped, “Uh- Matt, I don’t think that plant is safe to-…”
“AHH!” Matt quickly screamed after the slow reaction, “Monster, monster! Run!!” Matt uncontrollable ran away.
Jaime tried to use his shadow powers to trip Matt but Matt was running faster than the shadow. “Ah, damn. He gets scared easily, I guess.” Jaime decided to follow Matt down the road, hoping to catch up to him even if he was taking his time walking.
~~~
On the other island across the lake, Winny and Santi got off their separate boats. They both examined the area. “My, that is such a jungle.” Winny complimented the giant jungle in front of their faces.“We do not have to worry about hunters in here. Echoville has no people at all, for some reason. If things go wrong, we must teleport back into the real world, understand?”
“No need to tell me that.”
“I am just saying.” Santi shrugged. They both entered the jungle.
~~~
Matt continued running through the woods leading towards the dock where there were many boats. Matt decided to slow down a little but a snake appeared in front of the road. Matt yelled even louder, “AHHHH!!” He opened his palm to throw a fireball at it but nothing came out of his hand. He came into Echoville through Winny. “Nooo!” When he uncontrollably reached the snake, he kicked it vigorously and then he went on ahead. The snake was on the floor, crying.“This place is filled with dangerous animals! I hate it!” Matt wanted to cry. He saw a boat at the dock, so he used it. Paddling faster and faster, he could see a giant shark right above him in midair. Matt’s heart was pounding as his face froze in fear. “A-Ah-…!” Matt screamed in fear again. He paddled faster.
~~~
Jaime took his time walking down the road. “I wonder where Matt is?” He turned to his left, “Oh, a dock.” It felt as though Matt ran in circles a few times when he could just simply turn to the left right after leaving the broken buildings.“There are three empty spots. Don’t tell me Matt went on one…”
~~~
In the jungle, both Santi and Winny could hear plenty of groans. Winny whispered, “What was that?”Santi stood in front of Winny, “It does not sound normal at all… We have to be careful.” They were entering the jungle far into the distance. From afar, Matt uncontrollable went into the jungle still in fear. As time passed, Jaime followed along. In curiosity, Jaime walked into the jungle.
Winny could see a spring. She knelt down to touch the water, “It feels fresh here. There’s nobody in sight, so who is taking care of the clean water?”
Santi came closer to the spring, “That beats me, actually. Maybe there is someone in this world who is protecting the sanitation of the jungle.”
Winny slightly laughed, “Aha, impossible. The book I’ve been reading has no humans in Echoville. The strange thing is that it never mentioned any sanitary spring… It only had the lifestyle of animals.”
“Can the animals talk?”
“Yes but in the end of the book, all of the animals died from a storm.” She began to act in sadness, “It was such a sad book. I’m sure someone like you would cry.”
Santi crossed his arms. He felt annoyed, “Do not picture me in that kind of manner.” The bushes nearby them started shuffling. Winny and Santi suddenly became serious.
“Did you hear that?” Winny asked.
An anaconda appeared out of the bushes. Winny and Santi became calm. Santi sighed, “Oh, it’s just a snake. A huge one at that.”
“Let’s walk away from it right now. Maybe it won’t even bug us.” The anaconda suddenly flew itself towards Winny and Santi. They both jumped away to the sides to avoid the anaconda’s venom.
The large snake accidentally bit the ground, causing it to melt. “What in the world?!” Santi said in surprise, “Their venoms are not supposed to be this strong!”
Winny clenched her fists, “I guess fighting it is the only way.”
“But you will never reach it.” Santi tried using its time powers by opening his fists. The anaconda jumped to avoid Santi’s aim. “Damn! This anaconda is not any ordinary idiot. We need to lose it and when it does not notice us, I will use my time powers to stop it completely.” He turned around to see that Winny was already gone. “WHAT?! Do not run without me!!”
~~~
Jaime was peacefully walking until he heard a few steps running faster and faster. “Hm?”Winny appeared in front of him. “Anaconda, anaconda!”
Jaime gasped and he yelled, “W-Where?!”
Winny slowed down, “Oh? What are you doing here?”
Jaime pointed at her, “HUH? Why are you here, of all people?”
“Don’t question it. We’re in danger.”
“Why don’t you just teleport out then?”
“I think Santi wants us to only run until we lose the anaconda. He wants to research more and plus I want to beat the crap out of that anaconda.”
“(Eeeh, scary…)” Jaime thought.
~~~
Towards the center, Matt continued to scream his heart out. The anaconda was able to hear him. It slid towards the scream and Santi was behind a bush. “That damn voice sounds familiar!”Matt reached the spring, “Whoa!” He became happy until he saw the anaconda nearby it, “AHHH!” The anaconda jumped towards him.
Santi opened his palms, “Now, Santi!” as he said to himself. He used his time powers to stop the anaconda. The anaconda could not control its landing or movement once it jumped.
Matt closed his eyes, “Bye world, bye cruel, cruel world!” The anaconda suddenly stopped right in front of Matt’s face with its mouth open. Matt opened his eyes and he yelled, “AHH! Get away! Get away!” Matt slapped the anaconda constantly until he calmed down. “Hey, it’s not moving.”
Santi appeared from behind a tree, “That is thanks to me.”
Matt jumped from his surprise. “What are you doing here? Why did you and Winny leave me back there in the buildings? Darn it.”
“Ahahaha!” Santi began laughing.
“Huh?” Matt had never seen Santi laugh so hard before. Was all of this a joke to him? After a few moments, they sat down near the spring to rest. Matt washed his face from all of the sweat with the clean spring water, “Ah, finally! You should get some water, it’s very fresh!” He noticed that Santi’s expression was serious. “Is there something wrong?”
Santi punched the ground, “I am sorry, Matt.”
“What are you talking about?”
“Let me show you. I have been trying to develop this technique for a long time and I can finally do it.” He stood up and he said, “All this time hiding from you while you were looking through the Forest of Emille, I made good use of it. Come, look at this.” Santi took a few steps back and he opened his arms and fists, “Warpgate!”
“What the-…” Matt could see a portal forming between Matt and Santi, “What the heck is this?! HUH?!” Matt could see a scene of him sitting down, bored in his Critical Thinking class. “I don’t remember this…”
~~~
In his Critical Thinking class, Matt was sitting near the middle of the class. All the students were talking to each other but Matt was shy. He did not want to talk to anyone. Shirley was next to him by force due to group projects. “Hi, my name is Shirley. What’s yours?”Matt said slowly, “U-Um, I’m Matthew.”
“Hi Matthew!” Shirley smiled. She suddenly said to Joey, “See, you bastard. I have friends.”
Matt looked at her. “(F-Friends…?)”
Another scene showed Matt in the upper right corner feeling bored. All the other students talked to each other except him. Matt sighed, “This is boring.”
“Hey, little man, psst!”
Matt turned around, “Um, hi?” Matt looked away again, “Who was that?” he asked himself.
~~~
Matt opened his eyes wide. “When was this? I-I don’t remember this at all!”Santi started confessing the truth. “This… is your past, Matt.”
“No way… no, it can’t be. I don’t remember. I don’t remember a single thing from that class!”
“All throughout your high school, you have acted as if you never met any of us until the beginning of your high school. This was my fault.”
“Your fault?” He remembered what Winny said. “Then you really did…” He began clenching his teeth. Matt ran towards Santi, “You idiot!” Matt punched Santi in the face. Santi did not want to retaliate since he understood that it was his own fault. “I hate you, I hate you! Damn you!!” Matt uncontrollably punched Santi. He was angry enough to actually say ‘damn’ instead of ‘darn’. He could not handle such truth. Santi grabbed Matt’s arm, stopping him from punching anymore.
Matt was shaking and crying. He knelt down in front of Santi, “Why did you do that…” He thought in his mind, “(Why am I crying? Why am I so pathetic?)” He yelled at him, “I want my life back!!”
Santi closed his eyes. He felt speechless. “I did it for a good reason.”
“What GOOD reason, huh?! Tell me!”
“If you remembered about it, things would be different around here. I did not want you or anybody else to get hurt.”
“That’s it?! You knew that things would go wrong if I remembered about my Critical Thinking class so you decided to erase my mind of the WHOLE course? If anything, then you could have just left me the way I was and fixed my life if I was in danger.”
“It is not that easy…” Santi said kindly. “(Actually, I did it to save you from several deaths. Heh, it is better not to tell you this. It will only provoke you to accidentally suffer from more pain.)”
“I just don’t understand. I don’t understand this at all.”
“Someday soon, you will.” Santi knelt down and smiled.
Matt was still angry but Matt could not punch Santi after seeing that he still smiled. “…How soon?”
“You will notice it as this year goes by, how about that for a hint?”
Matt sighed. “Ergh…”
~~~
As Jaime and Winny were walking together, Jaime spoke first. “You know, I heard that you are super strong.” He felt her arms, “You don’t seem like it. You’re mushier in the arms.”Winny had her giddy attitude. “Don’t touch me like that! Heha. I’ll call you a pervert.”
“I was just saying. Damn.”
“I’m not so strong. I don’t know who told you that.”
“Everyone, and that the fact that you were almost first place on the shot puts.” Jaime pointed at her face, “You’re hiding it aren’t you?” Jaime took a few steps back, “I want to see if this is all true.”
“It’s not.”
Jaime began growing a shadow in front of him, “Reflexes malfunction if I still go for it.”
“Hm?”
Jaime threw a shadow at Winny, “Come on, fight!”
Without thinking, Winny had to protect herself so she jumped away, “H-Hey, you’re being serious, aren’t you?!”
“As serious as ever. Like I said, you have to fight me.” Jaime constantly threw a few shadows at her but Winny only avoided it.
“S-Stop it.” Winny said. She was putting up a sweat.
“Why are you running away? Are you afraid? My speed is faster. You should know that since I am doing the long jumps in track and field. That’s when I have to run.” Jaime made the shadow flow out of the ground, “My new technique, Air Shade!”
Winny opened her eyes wide, “What in the world?!”
“It’s a replica of me but it is only a shadow.” The shadow tried to punch Winny but she avoided the attacks.
“Stop it, or else!”
“Or else?” Jaime gave a smirk expression.
Winny became serious, “You will get what you deserve!” Winny slid under Jaime’s shadow and she grabbed his right leg.
“W-What the?! What acrobatic movements!”
Winny held onto Jaime’s shadow tightly on the leg and she knocked him down against the floor.
Jaime’s head hurt. “Urgh…!”
“I see your weakness.” Winny began to laugh evilly. “If I hurt your shadow, you feel the pain.” Winny ran towards the shadow and she punched it in the chest. Jaime fell backwards, feeling the large amount of pain rushing through his stomach.
Jaime was on the ground, grasping for air. He still smiled, “What power… Heh.”
Winny clapped her hands together to get the dust off of her hands, “I told you not to mess with me. I take it that this is a friendly but painful battle?” Winny walked up to Jaime, “You seem surprised. Honestly, Matt probably thinks you’re strong. Well, he’s going to be seeing me a lot more often...” She began to laugh evilly.
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: Next week on episode 58, the small group of power users decide to hang out. And to their surprise, Shirley is shown screaming into her cellphone.
ShirleyC: Oh be quiet, I have a very good reason to do so!
Matt: It's easy for me to forgive... I wish it wasn't.
Stan: This is a bit strange, but hah! This is the eternal proof to Matt's sacred abilities that he has never told us about. Fear me, Matt, I will be stronger!
Jon: That doesn't sound so good.
ShirleyC: Wh-Where's my cellphone?!
Matt: We're going to take a visit at Santi's house! What's with all those little kids? Next week on episode 58, A Satisfaction for Home, Stan Finds the Strange Village!
Yessenia: Oh~ I see someone getting a little softhearted in this episode. Disgusting.

0 comments:
Post a Comment