Saturday, January 29, 2011

Episode 59: The Lost Cellphone - Heroes of Echoville!

There is the moment of great change. When all seriousness explodes, there’s the time when students have to take their stand. It is time for the moment of truth. From a mysterious girl, to an unveiling truth of the past. Memories of the young, thoughts and heartful feelings from one another. Another world exists for the purpose of sensory. As the end of the inconsistent happenings are nearing to an end, another intricate decision rises. A student with a two-sided personality must take part in the powers born from the unknown. The sky is at false blame, the clouds take no part. Was the secret necessary for all truths only to be unveiled in one single time span…? 

Episode 59 – The Lost Cellphone - Heroes of Echoville! 

            “Magnificent! This is purely magnificent! I would have never thought I would reach a place that no one else would have gone to before. And to think I would never have an adventure in the future that seems so close to the online games that I play. Ohhhh Lunia, your gameplay was simply the best. I have a feeling that this will be just as great!” Stan was facing the jungle. He knew there were lots of strange things inside but he was not scared at all. He started walking into the jungle.
 ~~~
            “Cellphone cellphone cellphone cellphone cellphone cellphone!! Where the hell is it?!” Shirley ran around the school, throwing everything around, looking for her cellphone. She crashed into Matt but only Matt fell. Shirley was ravaging all over the place, hoping to find her cellphone.
            Matt got up and he tapped on his sleeves to dust them off. “Bleh… what are you doing, Shirley?”
            Shirley grabbed onto Matt’s collar and she began to cry, “My cellphone! It’s gone! My lovely cellphone!”
            “Why don’t you just call it?”
            “Because it’s on silent!!”
            “Silent? Why would you do that?”
            “Because it would ring off in class if someone were to call, duh.” Shirley rolled her eyes.
            Matt corrected her, “What about vibrate?”
            “Are you stupid? People might think I farted if it goes off. That’s nasty.”
            “Well… okay, have you asked if anyone seen it?”
            Shirley shook her head, “It’s only been just a few minutes ago. I guess I’ll ask people tomorrow in class or something.” She began having a waterfall of tears gushing out of her eyes, “Oh, I want my cellphone back!!!!”
            Matt was soaked. He frowned, “Damn… this is not good for someone who has fire powers.” Matt moped away, ignoring Shirley.
 ~~~
            “Who in the world keeps intruding our territory?” a woman asked kindly.
            Another woman with long hair stood up from a cut-off log, “Siren, you mustn’t worry about such things. When there is a human, they can easily be killed off. Hehah!” This woman was Lamia. These two were guardians of the jungle within Echoville. It appears as though they were asleep while Matt, Santi, Winny, and Jaime were in the jungle the last time.
            A man with a long steel sword opened the door from a little cabin, “Siren, Lamia! There seems to be an intruder in the jungle!”
            “Hehah! We’ve already accomplished that, sir Raiden.” Lamia began jumping up.
            Siren flipped her hair to her back, “Oh my, I would not want to hurt them.”
            “But the last time people intruded was years ago when they tried to take over our jungle. Humans cannot be trusted!”
            “Are we not humans among ourselves?” Siren questioned.
            Raiden did not want to say a word. Lamia screamed, “No! We are of different species of our own. We may be descendents of humans, but we are not complete! Half of our soul binds with goodness and purity. Humans are filled with guilt and selfishness. They only want what is originally ours.”
            Siren sighed. She seemed a bit sad, “This disappoints me even as though you are correct…”
 ~~~
            Matt was walking down the center road that connected the south and north ends of the school. On the way to the office area, he saw Santi. Santi walked up to him, giving him a cellphone, “Here.”
            “What are you doing with Shirley’s cellphone?! She will kill you if she finds out that you took it!” Matt took a step away.
            Santi scratched his head, “She lost her cellphone? Anyway, here is your cellphone.”
            “MINE?” Matt was surprised. “I never had a cellphone, or are you saying you’re going to give me an actual cellphone?”
            “Nah. You got it for Christmas a few months ago but I made you lose your memory of having it because I knew you would abuse the ability to go into other worlds much more than any of us.”
            Matt took his cellphone, “Tch, no I wouldn’t.” Matt quickly turned to the world list, “Ah, everything is here. This is so cool!”
            “I told you.”
            “Whatever!”
            “By the way, your phone sucks. It can only call and go to other worlds. You don’t have texting or the capability of taking pictures.”
            Matt was checking his phone, “Ergh… I don’t care. At least now I don’t have to push Danny around anymore just to go into another world. But wait, why would you give me my cellphone now all the sudden?”
            “Er… I was hoping you would not ask.” Santi whispered, “Between you and me, and everyone else, Echoville is our next objective.”
            Matt mocked him in return with a whisper, “Hey, hey, why would you need to whisper and keep this a secret if ‘everyone else’ is in on it too?”
            “Oh, my bad. But anyway, each world that we have been to had a flaw. Arkon’s Magic, Jon was the enemy but now it is all over once he had lost his powers. Along with that, Olympia turned into stone which made our world turn back to normal. The Forest of Emille is too strong for us. Yessenia asked me to go with her but she said the inscriptions mentioned that Emille’s power will not get any easier and you two could barely beat the next few digicells. Echoville seems to have an unsaid power and even I am still figuring it out. I could sense a few presences while I was in the jungle. I already told Winny, Mariel, Danny, Yessenia, Shirley, and Jaime but Winny refused to go. She did not feel like fighting.”
            Matt yelled, “But Winny’s strength is filled with fighting! Why wouldn’t she go?”
            “Who knows. She likes to take the easy way out of battling, I am guessing. But we cannot simply go into Echoville all the sudden, so I am giving you this cellphone now to prepare for a journey against Echoville.”
            “Were those ‘presences’ bad?”
            “I could sense their amount of evil motivations. For now, try practicing before entering Echoville. You have the field in Arkon’s Magic to practice. You said Shirley lost her cellphone, no? I suggest we help her find it first before someone else takes it.”
            Matt shook his head, “Alright, good point.”
 ~~~
            “No, please, don’t make me do this!” Danny shook his head. He covered his ears as he crawled onto the floor, “You can’t, you can’t!”
            Mariel kicked his stomach, “You stupid fool! Stop being scared. You were given powers for a reason and that is to fight back any enemy that you’ll see in the other worlds. Quit using them for crappy purposes.”
            “Like what?”
            “I heard you broke into Jen’s house one day but you broke in with something that no one else could ever have.”
            “(My powers? How does she know?)”
            “Damn right I know about it. Don’t act like I wouldn’t. We’re going to Echoville and that’s that!”
            Danny got up and he turned around to run but he crashed into a pole with his nose. He began to bleed and Mariel rolled her eyes. “Ow, ow, ow!” Danny wanted to cry. “You really won’t leave me alone until I decide to go, huh?”
            Mariel patted his head with a strong grip, “Oh my gosh, that is so right. Now come on, we have to go. Santi ordered us to get ready.”
            Jen was behind the unused old fountain. She was facing the floor with her hair covering her eyes. She was frowning but it was unknown as to why.
 ~~~
            In Arkon’s Magic, Mariel and Danny appeared beside Jaime and Winny. Jaime made his shadow disappear, “Oh? What is going on?”
            Mariel explained the situation to them about what Santi said. The four of them all knew about it but they needed to get strengthened up first which is what Jaime was doing already with Winny. Winny did not need to move as much when Jaime constantly tried to attack her with his shadows. They all heard a loud thump coming from Shirley’s house. They were all curious, so they ran towards her house except Winny who took her time.
            In Shirley’s house, the group of four could see her rummaging through all of her stuff. She was crying. Jaime ran up to her as he seemed worried, “What is it?”
            “Euck, what the hell?” Mariel said in disgust.
            Shirley grabbed onto Jaime, “My cellphone… it’s… it’s gone!”
            Mariel freaked out from their touchiness. “Hey, did you check your seats from all your classes?” Danny suggested.
            “Why would it be on my SEAT?”
            “I find lots of tasty gum under the chair and even tables. Maybe the cellphone does the same.”
            Shirley had no other possible choice left but to believe him since she had nowhere else to check. “It better be there. I’m so scared… my mom will beat me until I pay off the cellphone!”
            “But you don’t have a job. You won’t until the next few years, right?”
            “EXACTLY. I need to find my cellphone!!” She grabbed Jaime’s arm and she took out Jaime’s cellphone, “Thanks for bringing me in here, let’s go back to my classes and see!” They both quickly vanished.
            Mariel looked away, “That bastard let her in here. Peh!” She vanished and Danny followed in fear of being lonely.
            Winny was by herself. She only stared at where everyone once stood just seconds ago. “…Hm, what a weird bunch.” She suddenly turned into her giddy form, “Oh well, I guess I’ll help them look for the cellphone! Yay!”
 ~~~
            Stan opened the door leading out of the computer and science building, “Phew, that was a close one! The teacher almost saw me.” Stan was back in school. He remembered that in the jungle, he was being chased down by a snake and he tried to find a way to go back into the real world which was to click on ‘home’ on Shirley’s cellphone. He had gone into an empty classroom which was his science teacher’s class because he knew that his teacher always goes across the hall to talk to a chemistry teacher.
            On the other end of the hall were Shirley, Mariel, Danny, Jaime, and Winny who followed afterwards. Shirley pointed at her science class, “My second period class is next! Come on, let’s look around.”
            After Shirley checked under her chair, she screamed as loud as she could ever scream. Danny and Mariel hurried their way to see what Shirley was doing. She took out her cellphone and she giggled, “Found it!”
            Danny snapped his fingers, “I knew it!”
            Mariel yelled, “EHHH?!?! Why?! How?! What the!”
            Jaime joked, “Heh, you shouldn’t doubt Danny like that. It’s bad.”
            Mariel stomped her foot, “Oh boo, what-ever.”
            Shirley took a look under her seat, “That’s weird… I don’t remember ever putting it under here. Oh well, maybe I just forgot. Now I’m free to go to any other world on my own. Hehe.”
 ~~~
            In Echoville, Lamia and Siren were still talking to Raiden. Lamia quickly grew out long sharp nails as she licked them, “I can still taste the traces of several humans’ footsteps in this jungle. They will be back.”
            Siren giggled, “Lamia, please. We cannot assume so soon. For now, we must base ourselves before they come and take over. Like you said, all humans cannot be trusted.”
            “Shall I tell everyone else to take their sections? We will all take sectors one through twelve while you, Siren, will be protected by our means.” Raiden said. His spiky sunglasses shined against the sunlight.
            “Yes, that will be wonderful.” Said Siren.
            The door in the house behind Raiden slammed open again. A girl and a little puppy barged outside. The little girl said in a squeaky voice, “Mama, mama! I heard what you were talking about. I want to help too!”
            Raiden gasped, “Ah- Marri, that would be too dangerous for you. Please, take you and Pippy back into the house.”
            Marri frowned, “Aw, but I can fight too. Pleeeease.”
            Siren nodded, “Yes, if that is what you wish to do.” Marri giggled and she ran back into the house with her dog, Pippy.
            Raiden said in fear, “S-Siren, my lady! Why are you allowing a child to fight alongside with us? Those humans can be dangerous!”
            Siren closed her eyes, “It is… the reason why she wishes to continue living. Do you not remember?”
            Raiden remembered what happened in the past.
 ~~~
            Six years ago, when Marri was six years old, her father had died in war and her mother was killed right in front of Marri’s eyes by a human’s gunshot. Marri cried, not knowing why her mother ‘stopped’ moving. As time went by, she realized that it was called ‘death’. Siren appeared to take care of Marri once she saw that Marri was poor and lonely. Siren could see in her face that Marri wanted to give up at that brink of time. Siren, along with Lamia and another man named Olom, the three of them agreed to accept Marri into their group. They were all not family, but they considered each other as family.
            Siren whispered to Marri, “It is dangerous to be around here, but we will protect you.”
            Marri said in pride, “I-I want to fight with you too! For mama!”
            “Sure.” Said Siren with a smile.
 ~~~
         Raiden coughed, “Is it really safe to say it is okay for her to fight NOW though?”
         “Now is the time to test her ability. So yes, Raiden. We will begin soon.”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Next week on episode 60, we're going to take a visit to the track meet! This escape is a true story.
Danny: Just keep running, hehe!
Peter: Hide in some random room. Go, go, go!
Yessenia: So this is Echoville? This is nicer than being around my friends after what they have done...
Winny: You saw the book, Shirley?
ShirleyC: T-This... can't... be...
Matt: Let's escape! By the way, what is Shirley freaking out about? We'll find out next week on episode 60, An Escape of Full Regret!
Yessenia: Miss Siren, is that your name...?

0 comments:

Post a Comment