Saturday, January 1, 2011

Episode 53: Mourning Under a New Home

There is the moment of great change. When all seriousness explodes, there’s the time when students have to take their stand. It is time for the moment of truth. From a mysterious girl, to an unveiling truth of the past. Memories of the young, thoughts and heartful feelings from one another. Another world exists for the purpose of sensory. As the end of the inconsistent happenings are nearing to an end, another intricate decision rises. A student with a two-sided personality must take part in the powers born from the unknown. The sky is at false blame, the clouds take no part. Was the secret necessary for all truths only to be unveiled in one single time span…?

Episode 53 – Mourning Under a New Home


            When one holds the power of elements, another must be of sacrifice. It is not certainly the way, but it is what the usual occurrence resides to. The Forest of Emille still continues its trial on all power wielders and it does not get easier from here. There are still mysterious bounded within the shrine if not the inscription will suffice…
 ~~~
            “What the hell is he doing?!” A building exploded and there was shown Peter, running away from the explosion. Peter got knocked down due to the excess wind of the explosion, “Ugh! How are you-…” He opened his eyes wide to see that Matt was walking closer to him. Behind Matt was a nation filled with burning homes. The civilization was falling apart. Matt opened his palm and a shiny fire was forming!
            “AHH!” Peter got up from his bed as he was breathing hard, “Ah… oh, it was just a dream.” He looked at the time and it was only 4:35AM in the morning, “I should get some more sleep. Joey’s stories are just getting into my head, heh… heh…”
 ~~~
            During PE, Jen finished running the mile. She saw Stan finishing after her. She walked up to him and smiled, “Hi, Stan!”
            Stan watched her, “Yeah?”
            “Hey where’s Matt? I didn’t see him running the mile.”
            “Who cares.”
            “(He’s still mad about Matt…) Huh? Why are you acting like this?”
            “Did I tell you that Matt betrayed us?”
            “Us? Me?” Jen became confused.
            “He has new friends now. He doesn’t have time for us.” Stan looked away in shame.
            “I was only talking about him running the mile… Egh.” Jen felt uneasy after hearing him. “Why don’t we just find him and ask him what’s going on before you just start assuming things?”
            “I’m not assuming!” Stan punched the floor, “It’s very obvious.”
            Jen sighed and said slowly, “Fine, I’ll find him.”
            Joey appeared nearby them. He did not have PE with them but he had to take pictures of how PE is doing. When Jen walked away from Stan, Joey stopped her, “Are you talking about Matthew Tran?”
            Jen nodded, “Y-Yeah, who are you?”
            “I’m Joey Yip. You are Jeanette, I think. Right?” Jen giggled and he felt proud to find out that people know her. “Matt’s been going missing lots of times but he always comes back to us. Don’t you find that suspicious?”
            Jen pointed at Stan, “He’s blaming Matt’s new friends. Go figure. It’s nothing surprising anymore. I’m just going to find him.”
            “Allow me to join you.” Joey offered her. Jen stopped and looked at him in wonder. Still, she let him walk with her.
 ~~~
            In the Forest of Emille, Matt was burying his flaming baby chick under the dirt nearby the shrine. He sniffed, “No more… no more sacrifices.”
            Yessenia was there to comfort him. She decided to help him bury the chicken and she stood up, “I must thank it properly for saving us back there. Your little chicken was amazing and it is a hero to us all.”
            Matt tried to smile, “Yeah… I guess it died happily, right?” He yawned and rubbed his eyes, “I haven’t had enough sleep. I don’t feel like going back into the real world yet.”
            Yessenia tapped his shoulder, “It is not good to always longer in other worlds. We need to appear more in the real world so that you won’t be reported as missing.”
            Matt frowned. “Aw… can I just go to Arkon’s Magic a little more? I need to rest there in… Shirley’s house or something.”
            Yessenia scratched her head, “That is an awkward thing to do… but anyway, I should go with you then. I want to research more on this Arkon’s Magic.” They both vanished together into Arkon’s Magic.
 ~~~
            In the real world, Peter was explaining to Joey about how he dreamt of Matt using fire powers. All this craziness coming from Joey had finally flushed onto Peter. Joey said loudly, “Of course! I told you Matt has fire powers!”
            Jen jumped from surprise, “What?! That’s a stupid thing to say!”
            Peter took a step back from Joey’s pride, “W-Wait, I only said it was a dream. It was nothing special. I just wanted to let you know that it’s all ironic and stupid, that’s all.”
            “It’s NOT stupid, Peter! Can you believe that such a strange thing is actually true? We must find Matt and force him to tell us who he really is.” Joey commanded.
            Jen thought about it for a moment then she spoke up, “But that’s weird. He tells me every secret that he has. Why wouldn’t he tell me about this? Does he not trust me?”
            Joey remembered about Shirley, “And for Shirley, she has ice powers!”
            Peter ran to a corner and he sat down, “No one listens to me. We’re not going this far. I just wanted to talk about my dream.”
            Joey pointed at Peter, “You’re brilliant, Peter!! We’re going to investigate on them even more! But we shouldn’t be directly investigating on Matt since he’s gone missing. We should ask who he hangs out with!”
            Jen remembered what Stan said. She wonders if Joey believes that Matt has new friends now too. “Do you know who his new friends are?”
            “Shirley, uh… Mariel, and uh… the rest.”
            Jen interrupted him, “Mariel? Who’s that?”
            Joey left their English class and screamed out, “LET’S FIND MARIEL!!” Peter and Jen tapped their own foreheads in annoyance but they still followed him.
 ~~~
            In Arkon’s Magic, Matt screamed out loud, “WHAAAAT?!” He was shaking and pointing at another building, “It that my house?!”
            Yessenia laughed, “Oh my, now you have your own house in Arkon’s Magic. I guess they appear once something amazing happens to each person with powers. Be glad that you now have your own house to rest in-…” Matt ignored her, barging into his house. “Wonderful, thanks for listening.” She followed him into his home to see that it was very warm.
            “It feels great in here! It’s almost an empty house but that’s okay. I love it already. Yahoooooo!”
            Yessenia felt the walls of Matt’s house, “Huh?” Her eyes were turning wider. After awhile of excitement, he could see Yessenia shaking.
            “What is it?” Matt became worried.
            Yessenia shook her head from insanity, “Heh, it is nothing. I just had a feeling but maybe I am wrong.”
            “A feeling?”
            “Well, I am going to go to the shrine in the Forest of Emille.” Yessenia suddenly said.
            Matt remembered the last time he entered the forest. He thought of how his flaming baby chick threw large drops of exploding flames on all of the slimes, sacrificing itself. Matt looked away in sadness, “I’m not going back there.”
            “That is fine, Matt. You do not have to go. I just want to see if my theory is correct.”
            “What is your theory?”
            “I do not want to tell you yet. I would feel foolish if I end up being wrong. I am going to go there now. If you want to follow, then you can do so.”
            Matt took out Danny’s cellphone, “I seem to always be stealing his cellphone. I should make good use of my time and spend it more here in Arkon’s Magic. I think I’ll stay here for a little while.” Yessenia watched him run around in circles.
            “Heheh, alright then.” She took out her cellphone and she teleported away into the Forest of Emille.
            Matt was alone again. He said to himself, “Am I ever going to go back into the shrine? I don’t want to lose another friend. But then again, I am going to be extra careful with Danny’s cellphone. Hmmm…”
 ~~~
            In the Forest of Emille, Yessenia arrived at the shrine only to hear Matt calling for her. Matt knelt down, breathing heavily. Yessenia chuckled, “Oho, so you did come. Here, look.” Yessenia was touching the inscription on the wall. “The inscription mentions the many types of important people with a corresponding element but it does not mention any names. Plus, this building seems to have the same texture as your house.”
            Matt felt the stone building and he was amazed, “Wow! You’re right! But I don’t get what you meant by the powers and stuff.”
            Yessenia explained to him, “The inconsistent happenings started after Olympia turned into stone. There is something that was changed a little and I think it was because of our presence. We need to go back into Olympia to find out more clearly about what it was but the world is blocked at the moment since then.”
            “Uh-huh…?”
            “You still do not get it?” Yessenia opened her arms and sniffed the air, “All of these worlds… are connected to each other.”
            Matt’s heart skipped a beat. This made Matt yell out, “WHAAT?! Are you serious?”
            Yessenia took out a piece of paper from her backpack and she began writing on it, “You see, we are just pawns created only to fix all the worlds, perfectly.” She began drawing a possible map for Matt to see.
            Matt took a look at it, “Arkon’s Magic is next to us, why?”
            Yessenia began describing her map, “Okay, we know that the origins of Olympus is far away from us in the real world, and Olympia is a close resemblance of it. That’s why it is the only world that is not connected to us as it is its own island. Arkon’s Magic is connected next to us because you, Shirley, and Jon have personal homes in there. It only makes sense that our world and Arkon’s Magic are closest to each other. The Forest of Emille… well who knows.”
            Matt fell to the ground in shame, “What the heck.”
            “Anyhow, I want to know more about the shrine. I think I am going to go back in there, do you want to follow?”
            Matt remembered about the slimes again. This time, he was sure to take good care of Danny’s cellphone so he decided to go with her.
 ~~~
            Back in the real world, Jen went out to look for Shirley while Peter and Joey found Mariel. They interviewed her. “So, Mariel, do you know anything about Matt’s disappearance?” Joey tried to make his conversation as ambiguous as can be. Peter had asked him to do so.
            Mariel crossed her arms, “How the hell should I know? I’m not that close to Matt.”
            Joey faced her very closely, “Or are~ you?”
            Mariel slapped his cheeks, “Don’t be stupid. I mean what I mean.”
            Peter joked, “Well you are mean, that’s for sure.”
            Mariel punched his face, “Shut up!”
            Joey became serious again, “Does… Matt do anything unusual?”
            “Like what?”
            Joey could not handle being ambiguous. He suddenly yelled about, “About his fire powers, damn it! His fire powers!!”
            Mariel took a step back, “What the hell? I-I don’t know.”
            Peter raised his right eyebrow, “You’re trembling!”
            Joey shook Peter by the arm, “See Peter, isn’t this fun?! We’re making progress on what Matt really does behind our backs!”
            Mariel slapped them both on the face again, “Don’t be ridiculous! I’ve never seen him doing such things!”
            “Unless you’re backing him up. What do YOU do behind our backs?” Joey began to have a suspicion on her.
            Mariel turned away, “You’re going way too ahead of yourself now, guys. Sheesh. And Joey, I’ve been in middle school with you. Have I done anything stupid the past two years of knowing you?”
            Joey answered, “Yes, you-…”
            Mariel became angry, “What, Joey, WHAT?”
            Joey took a step back, “U-Uh, well…! Still! You’re going to tell us about your secret along with his!”
            Mariel exploded, “WHAT SECRET?!?!”
 ~~~
            In the basement where Matt, Yessenia, Shirley, and Jaime were fighting the slimes, Matt began to quiver in fear. Yessenia had her wrists on her hips, “Hm, I wonder where to look first.”
            Matt pointed at the stairs going back up, “How about up there?”
            Yessenia grabbed Matt by the collar, “Running away already? You vowed to stay with me. Do not even try to run away. I have your cellphone.”
            Matt screamed, “GAH!” He reached into his pockets to find out that Danny’s cellphone was gone. “H-How did you get it?”
            Yessenia evilly chuckled and she began walking around the room. “There are a bunch of old stacks of unused papers.”
            Matt walked over to a bookcase, “I’ve seen this in a movie. You pull a book and a secret door comes out.”
            Yessenia blankly watched him pull out one book after another, “It is useless.”
            Matt ignored her, still pulling books out. By the time he reached the last book, he pulled it out and nothing happened. Matt grabbed the shelf and he shook it, “Why wont you open up a secret passage?! The books are supposed to open up a secret door!!”
            The bookcase began swaying and it eventually fell over on Matt. Matt coughed from the pain and Yessenia laughed lightly, “Hmhm, or maybe simply removing the bookcase reveals a secret door behind it.” She pointed at it.
            Matt yelled, “Ah, crap!”
~~~
            In the real world, Peter was behind Joey, shaking. He did not want to get attacked by Mariel again. Joey pointed at Mariel in anger, “Why aren’t you spilling the secrets?!”
            “Because you are acting stupid! I have no secrets.” Mariel became very furious. “I’ll tell you, but promise to leave me alone already! Ugh!”
         Joey became happy, “Yes! We’re finally going to find out, Peter!”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:

Matt: Coming to episode 54, Matt and Yessenia are still looking into the Forest of Emille. Yessenia discovers the surprising connection to the ancient world, Olympia. Meanwhile, Joey and Peter are interviewing Mariel indirectly about the possible powers that she and Matt has.
Mariel: They kept asking me about it and it bothered me so much. Like, gosh leave me alone.
Yessenia: Matt, look out!
Matt: A stone digicell?!
Shirley: WHY DO YOU TWO KEEP ASKING ME ABOUT POWERS? I'm telling you, I don't know anything about it!
Stan: Hey Kalpesh... look, what is this picture? Flames and...
Matt: It seems like everyone is doing their on thing still. We'll find out next time in episode 54, An Inscription Attack, Truth and Suspicion!
Jen: Matt... ...Where are you...?

0 comments:

Post a Comment