Episode 58 – A Satisfaction for Home, Stan Finds the Strange Village
The bell for sixth period finally rang and most of the students in Shirley Cao’s English class left the room. Shirley took out her phone and she screamed into it. “PICK UP YOU FREAKIN-…!”
Matt and Mariel are astonished from her sudden shriek. In response, they shook and ran behind Yessenia and Santi. Yessenia yawned and said, “Oh god, does she always have to do this?”
“Most likely.” Santi said plainly.
“I told you already!! You’re going to cook the damn rice, sis. I have to go to the library for a book so I can start my next book report.” The room was silent. All the sudden, Shirley yelled, “NO! You shut up! You’re only in the sixth grade. You don’t understand shit!”
“Scary…” Matt was shaking behind Santi.
Mariel whispered to the group of four, “Psst, I think it’s better not to invite her to where we’re going.”
Matt slid down to the floor, “Awh, we’re not going to go back to Echoville again are we?” He looked up towards the ceiling to create himself an imaginary bubble of what happened when he last entered. He pictured a giant snake and a giant shark. He shivered, “Eugh… I’m never going back there again.”
“Echoville?” Yessenia was curious since she had never heard or taken foot of Echoville nor the other worlds for awhile. She knew her boundaries.
“Never mind that.” Santi said. “Matt, do not worry.” He knelt down and gave a smile, “We are going to take a break.”
“To where?” Matt asked but his friends ignored him. They all quietly left the room and Shirley turned off her phone.
“DAMN HER! She pisses me off. Why couldn’t she just agree to cook the rice?!” She placed her cellphone on the table and then she noticed the time on the clock was 2:49PM. “I got to get a book and go home fast. Ohhh~, my sister’s gonna get a grand beating, just you wait and see.” She took her backpack and walked off.
~~~
Matt was trying to shuffle away from Santi and Yessenia’s group. “W-W-W-Wait, where are you taking me?!”
Mariel pointed towards the corner of the street, “We’re having another after school hangout! We haven’t had one since the track meet hangout!”
Matt rolled his eyes, “What the heck, we just went to one yesterday.”
“That was so last year.” Mariel giggled. “Today, we start a new.”
Matt mocked her, “No, that was SoOoOo~ YESTERDAY!”
Mariel ignored him as she skipped away. Yessenia said bluntly, “Well, it cannot be helped. I thought you would enjoy hanging out.”
“I do, just not everyday!” Matt struggled from Santi’s group. Yessenia decided to let go after she realized that her grip was not needed.
Santi dragged Matt and Matt’s face was smearing on the hot cement this time of day. “Lerft mrr grrr! Auuoow!”
“What is he saying?” Mariel followed them.
Yessenia only shrugged, “Eh, beats me.”
At Ecup, a young girl shrieked, “Eeeeyahhhh!!!”
Yessenia took a stance in front of the group, “W-What is it, what’s going on?!”
The young girl fell the floor. She pointed at the group, “H-H-Him…!”
Matt’s face was almost pitch black from the dirt from all the walking. Yessenia frowned, “Aw, was that it?”
Moments came by and all four of the students ordered their drink. Matt was washing off his face from the spare water bottle drink he saved during lunch. “You’re going to pay, Santi… ergh.”
“I am a bit too surprised that you still forgive me after all the things I have done to your memory.”
Matt clenched his fists. “I…”
“Huh?” Santi realized that he should not have mentioned it.
“I… just can’t get mad at you, Santi. That’s all.”
“And why is that?”
“I really don’t know.” Matt said without care as he began drinking his boba milk tea drink. Yessenia was staring into Matt’s eyes.
“(There is an occasion as to why that happens… Matt…)” Yessenia felt warm inside all the sudden. “(Bleh. Whatever. I do not want to think about that weird crap.)”
~~~
Stan knocked on the door of his English teacher’s classroom. His teacher was the same teacher for Shirley, only in a different class period. “Is anybody inside? Ms?” There was no answer but he decided to open the door, “I don’t even know why I knocked. Heh.” He walked inside to see that there was no teacher or any students. “Really, she is a bit careless with her class. She shouldn’t leave it open without anybody to protect the class so much.” He took out a piece of paper and placed it onto the table, “And now to write her a letter.” He wrote about him leaving his book report assignment on her desk for her to check on the next morning. As he finished, he was about to leave the classroom until he saw Shirley’s cellphone left on the table, “Oh? Whose cellphone is this?”
Stan pressed any button on the cellphone to check. “Cellphones never really do have names on the desktop. This bothers me.” He took out his own cellphone, “Mine doesn’t either. I guess I’ll put it on the teacher’s desk too or else other students might steal it- Huh?” Stan accidentally pressed another button and a list showed up. “Interesting.” He read the list from top to bottom, “Home, Arkon’s Magic, Olympia, Forest of Emille, and Echoville. What the heck are these?” He took a look around the room, “Maybe taking this phone for a little bit wouldn’t hurt.” He decided to leave the room.
With Shirley’s cellphone, he did not know which one on the list to choose from. He walked into Jon’s left shoulder. Jon turned around and said angrily, “Hey, watch it- Oh, that cellphone.”
“I-Is it yours? S-Sorry, I didn’t mean to take it. Damn, my bad.”
Jon walked closer to Stan, “Hold on a minute. That phone isn’t even mine. What do you mean you didn’t mean to take it? Are you saying that phone is not yours?”
Stan took a step back, “G-Get away!”
Jon looked at it closely, “That cellphone! It looks very familiar. I know someone with the same type of… Actually, let me see it.” As Jon continued to walk closer, Stan only walked further away. Jon ran towards Stan and Stan had trouble turning around. They both fell to the ground and Stan clenched onto the cellphone.
“You said that phone isn’t yours. Don’t try to take it away from me!” Stan’s palm accidentally pressed a button as they both began to vanish away. “AHH! What the heck is happening to me?!”
Jon was still on top of Stan, “N-No!”
~~~
After the loud street on Peck Road, Matt, Santi, Yessenia, and Mariel all turned right on their walk. “Where are we going?” Matt wondered. After plenty more steps, Matt could see a sign, “Not a through street?”
“That is where we are going.” Said Santi.
Matt slapped his own head, “That makes no sense at all.”
“Wow, you’re still clueless.” Mariel sighed. “We’re going to Santi’s house!”
Matt gasped loudly, “EH?!”
“What is wrong with you? It is just my house.” Santi gave a joking frown.
Matt shook his head, “No, I just realized that I’ve known you guys for like over six months yet I still haven’t gone to any of your guys’ houses. Ahahah! I really don’t know you guys that much then.”
Mariel fell to the ground in shame, “Who cares!”
~~~
Stan and Jon appeared in a place filled with broken buildings. Stan stood up, caressing his hands on his head, “Ugh… where are we?”
Jon quickly looked around in surprise as if he was a predator, “What are we doing here? You, let’s get back out of here.” Jon took out his cellphone, “Click on ‘home’ and we’ll be right back out!”
Stan interrupted him, “Be quiet! This place seems pretty weird. I want to know where I am first.”
Jon tried to get closer to Stan, “No, I swear, you wouldn’t like it here. Let’s go back to school before it is too late.”
Stan was walking backwards in a faster pace, “I told you to shut up! I’ll go back when I want. Why won’t you just leave?” Stan decided to suddenly run away from the area. Jon wanted to follow but he was not fast enough. Though not the fastest, Stan was still a fast runner who could lose Jon eventually if he continued to run, which he did.
Jon lost total sight of Stan. “Damn it! I should go back into the real world and find Santi. If only he can make Stan forget the memory of ever stepping fit in this place. I wish I had my powers back, ergh… this is a pain in the ass.” Jon clicked ‘home’ on his cellphone.
~~~
Santi was in the front of the group, followed by Mariel and Yessenia. Matt was in the back as usual. While they were walking down the road to his house, many kids on the ground looked at him. They all smiled, waved, and even said hello. Some even called him ‘Junior’. Santi knelt down in front of a little boy, “How are you today, kid?”
The little boy jumped in happiness, “It’s fun! Want to play catch with us?!”
Santi laughed, “Ahaha! I will when I have the time. Right now, I have company over. Say hello to my friends.” Two other girls ran over to the boy and the three children said hello to Santi’s friends.
Mariel waved, “Hello!~”
Matt and Yessenia both thought in their minds, “(Ugh, kids…!)” They both suddenly smiled and waved with a sweat drop running down their heads, “H-Hi there.” They said together.
Santi turned the key on the lock of his house and he opened the door. “This is the last house on the road, mine.”
Matt took a look at the road, “They’re all playing outside with old clothes. What happened?”
Santi picked up a toy that a child left behind, “I live in a poor neighborhood where many families depend on each other.”
Yessenia teased him, “Oh~ Santi is softhearted when it comes to kids, am I wrong?”
Santi blushed, “Shut up. Just get in the house.” Mariel jumped in and so did Yessenia. Matt took off his shoe first and Santi pointed at him, “What the hell are you doing?”
“I’m taking off my shoe. What else does it look like I’m doing?”
Santi laughed again, “Ahah! This is a Mexican house. You do not need to take off your shoes.”
“Isn’t that a bit stereotypical?” Mariel questioned him.
Santi shook his head, “Sure, but my family helps make it true.” As the group of four entered the house, Santi checked around the house. “It does not seem like anyone is home. They are all working.”
“Whoa, tough family.” Matt commented.
Yessenia sat down on the couch, “Well, your family is just as complicated as well, Matt. Why else would you take the bus?”
“Because I have no ride to go home. Everyone either works or goes to college.”
“Exactly.” Yessenia giggled.
Santi clapped his hands together, “Why don’t I make you three some food? Cup noodles for you three!”
He took out three bags. Mariel pointed, “Cup noodles?”
“Those are just noodles.” Yessenia raised her eyebrows.
“Oh, that was my bad. Hehe. I guess I am barely getting into the Asian culture, no?”
Matt whispered to Yessenia and Mariel, “His attitude right now is kind of freaking me out. What happened to tough Santi?”
Yessenia closed her eyes as she felt rested, “I think he is happiest in his own home. This is how he is when there is no stress, I assume.”
Matt was surprised to hear about such fact. He turned to see Santi happily making noodles for his friends while Mariel continued to make sure that he was cooking food properly.
~~~
In school, Jon was running around for Santi. “Damn it, Santi! He always leaves his phone on silent! Where the hell is he?”
Kalpesh stopped Jon at the center of the road leading to the large gym. “Hey, Jon! You’re from my English class right?”
“Move it, I’m in a hurry!”
“Same here! I can’t find Stan!”
Jon froze, “W-What?”
Kalpesh noticed that Jon was petrified after Kalpesh mentioned Stan’s name, “Yeah, Stan. Have you seen him? I want to report to him about my research on powers. I think some people in this school really do have them.”
“That’s nonsense. No one in this school has powers.”
Kalpesh frowned. “Aw, are you sure? But we’ve got so many clues already! Jen, Joey, Peter, Stan, and I all combined together our research and evaluations. We don’t know for sure if the people we suspect have powers yet, but that’s why I want to find Stan this instant. This is exciting!”
“NOTHING IS EXCITING!” Jon shook Kalpesh to death, “There’s no powers! You’re just being insane. Bleh!” Jon threw Kalpesh onto the ground as he ran ahead.
Kalpesh coughed, “Ack… what the heck was that for, Jon?” Kalpesh laid flat onto the ground, “Eh, that got me sad…”
~~~
Stan continued walking down the road towards the dock. He could see a jungle and a bunch of boats nearby him. “Sweet, I get to play my own kind of video game. Adventure ahead!” Stan took a look at Shirley’s cellphone, “Whoever’s phone this is, I thank you. I can at last experience a strange place on my own and no one can stop me. Hehehe…”
~~~
---- Next chapter preview:Matt: On the next episode, 59, how are things going?
ShirleyC: Not so well! I can't find my cellphone anywhere! I wonder who has it?
Mariel: Come on Danny, we'll be going! Santi said so!
Danny: Please, don't make me go!
Santi: Oh by the way Matt, here's your cellphone?
Matt: Huh? What are you talking about? I never had one.
Matt: We're going to find out who lives in Echoville at last! Will it be safe to talk to them? Next time on episode 59, The Lost Cellphone - Heroes of Echoville!!
Stan: This is amazing!
Jen: ...

0 comments:
Post a Comment