Saturday, February 4, 2012

Episode 138 - It Was Like a Fantasy

Previously on the last episode, Matt and Venus continued to reach the top of the waterfall. At the same time, Tony gives Jaime one animal transformation crystal while Shirley was given three animal-based elemental crystals. I wonder why Tony gave these crystals to them? Also, Yessenia and Alex finally arrive at the Ogre Forest north of East Bridge. It was pretty dangerous though. Some ogres even went up to them and tried to attack. After a short victory by the two students, they could hear another ruckus nearby! Surprisingly, the screams came from Shirley Cao, and Huy was with her. Looks like they’re both exhausted. Hey wait, we’re going to see what Shirley’s going to show to her friends!
Episode 138 – It Was Like a Fantasy

            "Isn't it pretty?!" Shirley pointed at a strange-looking house. Almost everything was lopsided. The roof was not even a roof. It was just a bunch of tree logs mashed together which was put on top of more flimsy wood created for the house itself. "I made Huy do it all but you can thank me if you want."
            "Uh..." Yessenia barely said anything.
            "I call it the Ogre Telsi! Obviously, it is because there are so many annoying ogres and stuff."
            "What is this Telsi thing?" Alex asked.
            "When I barely came to this world, I was at a little pond close by. There was a spirit that said we needed to find the Telsi. It is an ingredient to create some amazing things that can cure anything. I wasn't interested at first but the spirit also said it could make potential acne to not even show up on our faces! How cool is that?"
            "This sounds like a fairy tale..." Yessenia frowned. "This is not as interesting as I had thought."
            "Oh come on! Imagine 'Ogre Telsi', curing the ugly faces that they have. Who knows, maybe one of the ogres is cute!"
            "My mind is not comprehending." Alex fixed his glasses.
            Huy was serious, however. "To me, though, I think it can cure worldwide problems - cures anything that can bother you and others. The conflict will be no more. That is my intention for the Telsi. I suppose it is a formula list."
            "And until we find that formula, we're going to keep searching the world! Actually, we are too weak to even leave the forest..."
            "Ice and jumping with force isn't strong enough to kill some simple ogres?" Alex questioned.
            "We could do that, but there are just too many ogres one after another. By the time we're a little more than halfway through the forest, we lose a lot of power and energy." Huy explained.
            Yessenia summoned her long sword. "Then I am ready. We should go together."
            Shirley made her pole weapon appear. "And with four people, we can finally leave! Good job, Yessenia! We can finally leave!! You're so smart!"
            "Where did she get that dangerous weapon..." Alex whispered to Huy.
            "I thought that for the longest time. Of all people, someone like her had to get it."
            "Um..." Alex looked up into the sky, imagining Shirley with a large q-tip, "baby boo~". He shivered from the thought.
 ~~~
            Two people appeared near the beach area of another world. It was the same Lieutenant and Alice who have fallen on the clear sand. Alice squealed from the fall and then she stood up as fast as she could, away from Michael the Lieutenant. Michael still had his eyebrow sword in his hand. Alice ran towards the shore. This was the same shore that Mariel's spirit had left behind in Arkon's Magic months ago.
            "Stay back!" Alice screamed. She was shaking and she felt a little weary.
            "Hold on. I just wanted to-"
            "No! Get away from me! You're just as bad as everybody else." She turned away and she looked out into the sea. "Miki died... and it was all because of you guys. You always... had to fight each other. I could tell. The moment I saw Tony against Matt and his friends, and then you against them... It's all the same!"
            "Your friend... died? And it was all because of these powers?"
            "How many people have died from this? I'm sure Miki wasn't the only one! You're a Senior in high school now, aren't you? You should know!"
            "Listen. I didn't mean for all of this to happen. This is why I'm cutting the string here. The class of 2012, you students who are freshman now, must not know about this. You must keep this a secret. For now, I must keep you here in Arkon's Magic until everything is fixed."
            Alice shook her head. "How long will that be?! How can I live without food, a house, and even alone?"
            "Arkon's Magic is named 'Arkon's Magic' for a reason. There are countless amounts of food. And, you can visit my house over there." He pointed at a hairy house.
            "Oh wow..."
            "As for being alone, that is something you have to get used to. You cannot rely on people all the time. Right now, I have to continue my duty and take all of the sophomores here into Arkon's Magic."
            "Let me come with you!"
            "What can you do?"
            "Er..."
            "This is something someone with powers of the upper level should do. I've had four years of experience with my powers. I can withstand lots of people. Just you wait here. I will find the sophomores and you won't be alone anymore." He took his cellphone.
            Alice ran towards him. "W-Wait, take me with you!!" Michael began to vanish quickly and right when Alice reached him with her fingertips, he had already vanished into thin air. "No... what should I do now...?"
 ~~~
            Alex, Yessenia, Shirley, and Huy were all wandering around the Ogre Forest. The forest was peaceful this time unlike before when there were soldiers messing up the place. The ogres usually hide so there is no telling when they would show up. The more people, the better, basically. While walking, Yessenia became curious about all of the sophomores who had disappeared from the real world. "By the way, Shirley..."
            "Hm?"
            "Can you tell me again about how it felt to disappear into this world?"
            "Well, it was the same thing as when we usually teleported into other worlds. It was just unexpected. I appeared in this forest and monsters were about to attack me. When they were going to punch me, I uncontrollably blocked it with ice. It surprised me because I was so sure we lost our powers months ago. And then, a pole stick appeared out of nowhere as if it was meant to be by my side."
            "And then she failed, so I had to help her by using my wall-jumping ability. It came with claws but I don't think I'll be needing them for now." Huy said with pride.
            Shirley coughed, "Ahem, just shut it. This is my story here, so who said you could talk?" She changed the subject, "Anyways, I was wondering how we can find the Telsi formula so Huy and I went on a search. From there, soldiers appeared from the south. Whoever made them roam here must have been idiots. Ugh."
            Alex was hiding behind Yessenia while feeling extremely guilty. He knew that he and Yessenia were the culprits. "That aside, do you have any leads of the formula?"
            "No, not really. It can't be that hard to find, right?"
            "It could be anywhere around the world..." Huy retaliated.
            "Shut up! This is supposed to be easy!"
            Two ogres appeared from the bushes. Yessenia rolled her eyes. "Damn. These digicells seem to have more freedom than the monsters from the worlds we have been to last year."
            "Last year?" Huy questioned.
            Alex ran behind Yessenia. "I'm not fighting that! They're hideous!"
            Shirley took out her pole. "Fine then I will!"
            "Giant q-tip!!" Alex stared at her weapon.
            "It's not a q-tip!!!" Shirley screeched as she began to whack the ogres. "This is a semi-long range attack so I have an advantage." She suddenly had a thought. "Imagine if I were to stand on a log with Huy and he had a pole stick too? I'd attack him and make him fall into the water first!"
            Huy clenched his fists. "Will you just focus?!"
            "Don't tell me what to do!" Shirley began arguing with him.
            "You're the one who started it!!"
            "Started what?! You're the one just standing there, existing!"
            "That makes no sense!!"
            One of the ogres used a giant log to try and whack them. The log fell in between Shirley and Huy. The two students squealed from the astonishment. Shirley whacked the ogre with her pole stick, "This calls for me to be serious!"
            Huy jumped against a tree nearby. "And if I defy gravity, I can bounce off at quick speed using the force of my jumps." Huy landed on the tree sideways and then he bounced up. He head-butt the same ogre that Shirley attacked. The ogre vanished.
            "HEY!! That was MY ogre!"
            "Why does it matter if I kill it?!"
            "I'm talking about it being mine!~ Imagine if I were to use a Telsi potion on it." She suddenly looked away, clapping her hands together. "It'd be the most handsomest ogre ever-" Yessenia slashed the second ogre and it fell on Shirley. "GUEEEH!?!" She screamed while falling over. The ogre then vanished.
            "We should just hurry up and get out of here. Come on, follow me!" Yessenia knew the way to exit. She had been focusing on the world map for quite a while since they left the Ogre Telsi home that belonged to Shirley and Huy.
 ~~~
            It was dark near the imperial city of Melvin. The quiet, peaceful meadows before the city were splashed in light blue highlights of flower. It- "WAKE UP!!" Venus whipped Matt while he was peacefully asleep.
            Matt woke up and he suddenly ran towards the water. "Run, run! The soldiers are here! They're trying to take him back!" Matt almost fell into the water until Venus swung her whip. The whip spun around Matt and it gripped him down onto the floor.
            "My gosh, what the heck? I was just joking." She scratched her head. "What do you mean by 'him' anyway?"
            Matt still thought of his old friend who had disappeared months ago, Santiago. "Oh... no one."
            Venus laughed. "What a lie. You must be talking about Santi. You still didn't tell me about him yet. Come on, spill it. I'm all in this mess too, what with my lightning powers and all."
            "Do you really want to know? You probably already know by now. He's gone."
            "Gone?"
            "Gone. Meaning, he's no longer existent on Earth anymore, not even his ashes."
            Venus became serious. "W-What? Santiago? MY Santiago... died?"
            Matt stood up and he walked past by her without turning around. He looked up into the sky. "It was like a... a fantasy." He made a huge sigh and then he continued. "Having to meet new people in high school... Santi was the most accepting out of all of them. Sure, he was mean sometimes, but... now, at this point of time, we're all running away in confusion. We don't know where to turn. Even more people are involved and there is not much we can do right now to stop them. It was because of Santi that last year wasn't as terrifying. We managed to survive throughout the whole year. Compared to this year, I can barely move and it has only been one month. It's hard when you have to lose a friend like this, Venus."
            Venus clenched her fists. "I-I  know that feeling too! Twice! But with Santi... that just makes three..." She began to feel teary. "Santi didn't get to say goodbye... and so didn't the other two... None of them said goodbye to me."
            "Who are you talking about?"
            "Some other guy that you don't know. The second is Jaime who is mysteriously evil. We hung out plenty of times last year during May and June."
            Matt remembered that that was the time when Jaime briefly stopped appearing in Matt's group while Matt and his friends met Rena. "Oh... so that's what happened." Jaime had been appearing in and out of the group simultaneously since he had been going to other groups to take a break from Matt's group.
            Venus nodded. "Yeah... It was as if he led me on as a friend, and then disappeared without saying anything. That is why!" She wiped her tears away and said with compassion, "That is why I want to keep searching for him with you, Matt! I don't want to lose another friend. I want to find Jaime and get answers. There is just so much that I want to ask. I don't even know where to begin!" She gripped onto her whip. "If only I had a chance to talk to him one more time, then maybe... maybe I could have known the truth. I guess... he doesn't care about me at all." She closed her eyes and then she began shaking in fear.
            Matt then realized that the whole time, Venus had been hurrying her way through the headquarters in Enheizer, the ship of Floyde, and then up the waterfall near the lake of Nerim. Venus had been trying her best just to catch up to Jaime but all Matt had been doing to her was slowing her down. Matt frowned. He thought to himself, "(She is more than someone who is just ignorant of her surroundings... she has feelings too...)"
            Venus placed her whip on her short-shorts. "But, that doesn't matter now. The past is the past. It's nothing. For right now, we just have to move on and see if we can find anybody at the imperial city. We're almost at Melvin, right? You can see it a short ways from here! All we have to do is keep going and we'll be there right away!" She tried to giggle. She continued walking and Matt could sense a disheartening thought pouring through her mind. He could tell that Jaime's random change of heart hurt Venus by a whole lot. The only thing Matt could do for her was to ignore the fact that she is in mental pain. He had to continue moving on with her, as Matt too had lost one of his most important friend.
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: Aha! We’re finally here in Melvin! I can’t wait!
Venus: I can’t wait either. Let’s go!
Matt: W-Wait a minute. I can wait! Stop, soldiers can see us! Ah forget it.
ShirleyC: Eughhh… [shiver] don’t remind me about Echoville. That was scary enough for me.
Alex: What happened in Echoville?
ShirleyC: Sh-sh-shut up!
Omar: Finally, I get more screen-time. You guys suck.
Peter: Get out of my business, pilot.
Omar: I’m not a pilot. I’m a train guard.
Matt: Wait, you were just a pilot a few moments ago when we were on the Floyde ship! Why does this guy have two jobs? Next time on episode 139, Panda Transformation Powers, Battle Panda!!
Peter: What is this? WHAT IS THIS?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment