Saturday, May 12, 2012

Episode 158 - Into the Darkness, Listen to Your Heart


Last time on the beginning of the Potrero Arc, William was ordered to stand in the front of the city so that he could use his Titan skill against the whole group. With that, the whole group was split into a group of six. Shirley and Huy was stuck together still. Alex meets Van and Van says they are coincidentally the weakest ones in the group. Maggie appears before Peter. The battlefield was a bit dire with the ground breaking apart and all. Amy reached a tall wall where she was stuck in a dead end. As the stalagmite was coming closer, Amy summoned a beanstalk to help her climb over the wall. At the ceiling of a bunch of houses, Jenny appears with her emotions being bundled up in confusion, but her actions were completely controlled. How are these battles going to be handled?!
Episode 158 – Into the Darkness, Listen to Your Heart

            War still continued in the city of Wisteria. Matt was in the clearing from the stalagmite that William casted on all of the seven students. Matt made a huge sigh and Nix was exhausted from his flying. “Phew… you okay, Nix?” Matt asked with a worrisome expression.
            “I’m good, Mister Giant Man!” Nix still had its squeaky, happy voice.
            A girl was sniffling nearby. Matt and Nix turned around and they could see a girl in the distance. “Who the hell is that?” Matt rudely said.
            “Now, now, master, we should not judge people at first sight.”
            Matt rolled his eyes. “Who walks around all normally while there is war going on?! HEY YOU!” Matt called. “Take this seriously. What is wrong with you?!”
            “Destruction…” The girl said slowly.
            “What…?” Matt was becoming afraid of the voice. She sounded too monotone for his likings.
            “I heard stories about you, Matthew. My name is Shirley Ma.”
            “You changed your last name?!” Matt claimed that the girl was Shirley Cao.
            Nix slapped itself in the face. “Ah… I think she’s another ‘Shirley’…”
            “You can call me Shirl. But, I guess it doesn’t matter.” Shirl said. “Matthew… I want to know you more. Please, explain yourself.”
            “Wh… wha…? I don’t get it…” Matt sounded extremely confused this time around.
            “Tony told me that you are a dangerous boy, that your rage can destroy just about anything. Jeanette told me the complete opposite about you. I guess she is right. Your face looks innocent.”
            Matt looked away. “What have these people been talking about? Erm…”
            “Innocence only lasts so long.” Shirl giggled. Her voice became a little crazy. “But who cares about that. Maybe innocence never lasts long!” She raised her hand. “Destruction… Destruction is all I want to see!! LET’S GO, FIGHT ME!!” An extremely large aura appeared around her. From behind Shirl, Matt was able to see a large clock, ticking.
            Matt gasped as he was reminded of somebody. “Santi-!”
 ~~~
            The stalagmite made Shirley trip over. She began rolling down a large ledge and Huy slid down with his shoes. Huy could see Shirley getting closer to a cliff’s end! He decided to jump forward in order to catch her before they could fall. Shirley was screaming uncontrollably throughout the whole fall.
            They were both somehow at a hilltop while trying to run away. William walked towards them with a chuckle. “That’s funny. Your ice wall couldn’t protect you long enough and my stalagmite was able to break through. I thought you two were smart enough to pull something out of your sleeves but instead, you two run away.”
            Huy held tightly onto Shirley’s arm, making sure she doesn’t fall. “Tch.” He said in a panic. “You think this is funny? Students from your same school almost got killed and this is how you react? By laughing?”
            “To be honest, I never really cared what happens to anybody.” William said with his smile that never seems to frown. “Once I graduate, I’ll just go to college and never see you guys again anyway.”
            Huy stood up. “What changed you?!” William’s lips suddenly went from a U-shape to a straight line. He was becoming serious this time. Huy continued, “We went to the same elementary school together before 7th grade. You were not like this at all.”
            “You two know each other?” Shirley got up as well.
            William took a step back. “You two are the worst people to challenge!”
            “He’s scared all of the sudden?!” Shirley shouted in confusion. “Why are you so scared of me anyway? Don’t you know who I am?”
            William explained to the two of them: “The memory seems shadowed to me. One day, you actually tried to say hi to me earlier this school year. I couldn’t remember your face at all. Then, Shirl appeared and told me that I must have had a coma. She said that I was supposed to be afraid of you because you were some kind of ice murderer.”
            Shirley crossed her arms. “WHAAAAT?! What kind of lie is that?! Furthermore, why would you even believe such a thing?!” Huy began laughing and then Shirley punched his face.
            William shivered. “That’s why!”
            “I DO THAT ALL THE TIME!” Shirley exploded.
            “E-XACT-LY!” William mocked her.
            Shirley shook her head. She became serious again, “Why would Shirl even say that? She doesn’t even know me.”
            Huy guessed, “Shirl must have had some kind of strange power. Remember, the last thing we saw before leaving El Monte was certain students still moving and Shirley Ma was already gone.”
            Shirley thought about it carefully. “Oh yeah… I remember telling that story to Alex and Yessenia. Don’t tell me she has time powers and she used it to erase William’s memory of me?! Why would she do that?”
            William looked at Shirley closely. Something began to click in his mind. “Wait a minute…”
            “What is it now?” Shirley whined.
            William covered his ears. “This can’t be happening… don’t tell me…”
            Huy readied his fists. “Is he… okay?”
            “I won’t believe this. I don’t have to believe it. I’ll shut those memories away from me!”
            “What are you talking about?!” Shirley said.
            “DIE!!” William’s red cape was blowing in the wind. A dark aura appeared around him. “That’s right. I’ll just control one of you. I’ll make sure your own friend will kill you off, Shirley!”
            “Kill me? But William…! What about our friendship? Don’t you care about how many times we hung out with each other in the past?”
            Huy added, “Same here! We were kind of close in elementary school!”
            William threw a large string of ‘darkness’ itself towards them. “Shut up!!”
 ~~~
            “Stop this Demonic Fusion before it gets worse!!” Jenny was screaming in pain.
            Amy was still in fear. The demon within Jenny caused Amy to fear. “I… I can’t move…! Is this why your heart can’t be controlled by William’s powers?” Jenny completely had the chance to transform into a demonic woman.
            “Vanth.” Jenny said without emotion. “This is the demon within. It has finally released itself to destroy Wisteria.” Her eyes were read. Her hair was two times longer than usual and a dark line ran through her eyes like a joker. Her clothes were black-red and ripped. She definitely looked like a joker on this round.
            “Y-You don’t mean that, do you, Jenny?” Amy’s eyes were widened from her petrification. “And I… can’t move…!”
            Jenny ran towards Amy. “I can’t move my own body either. You’re just going to have to force yourself to fight!”
            Amy closed her eyes. “I don’t want to fight you! You don’t want to fight either. Your heart deep inside even said you don’t want to fight!” The large, dead plants grew and they all protected Amy from Jenny’s jabbing fist. The force was breaking the rooftop from down below.
            Jenny stopped. “Hm?!” She began punching the plants simultaneously, trying to reach Amy. Amy was still shaking. A green aura appeared as Amy began feeling irritated.
            “Please stop fighting!!” Amy stood up in anger and then the plants exploded all around her except where she was standing. Jenny was thrown back with smoke treading off of her clothing. Jenny used her demonic wings to stop herself from falling towards the ground. “That’s it. Leaf Tempest!” A gust of wind began rotating towards Jenny like a tumbleweed, a really fast one at that.
            Jenny flew around the gust of wind and then she blasted a dark beam. “Negative Impact!” The dark-purple beam flew towards Amy really quickly. Amy created a Leaf Gale which was a mass amount of leaves flying together to cancel out the dark beam. Both the beam and the leaves clashed together for about ten seconds and Amy was losing energy. The beam was flowing closer towards Amy now.
            “I just need to do one more… thing!” Amy cancelled the Leaf Gale attack so she could use enough energy for special spell. “In the earth lies the deepest roots…”
“What are you up to?!” Jenny gasped.
Amy continued, “erupt in the gust wind – Grass Hurricane!!” The roots from down below were beginning to grow. Jenny could not tell where the roots were coming from because they were both on the ceiling. In surprise, the roots enlarged itself right below Jenny and it caught Jenny in a root-like cage.
            “What the?!” Jenny tried to move.
            Amy was about to use one more attack to finish Jenny off at a perfect time. “Leaf Tem-…” She suddenly fell to the ground because she had no more energy left. She used all of the energy she had in order to cast one of her strongest spells.
            Jenny had the time to break herself out of the grass cage. She quickly used her laser eyes to burn the grass that held onto her legs and arms. Jenny jumped down back onto the rooftop. She seemed a bit tired at least. “Amy… You were supposed to beat me.” Her voice was still echoing like a demon.
            Jenny turned around in shame. Her face was still emotionless, but her heart was saddening even more. Her steps were becoming harder to hear as she walked further away from Amy. Amy suddenly spoke. “S-Stop… Jenny…” Jenny quickly turned around once she heard Amy. “Why are you… letting your body… take over your emotions? Shouldn’t you listen to your heart more instead of your own actions?”
            Jenny’s eyes opened widely. “How dare you say that to me!” Jenny created a dark-purple beam.
            “I don’t care if you hurt me. I wouldn’t be worried.” Amy said with a smile. Jenny became annoyed. Amy went on, “The Jenny I know wouldn’t do that. She’s too nice for that! Hehe.”
            Jenny shot the demonic beam towards Amy. “SHUT UP!” The beam missed and it exploded around Amy. Jenny tried to shoot another beam but she constantly missed. One by one, the beams attacked each end of where Amy was lying flat. “Why? WHY?!” Eventually, the roof was falling. “Why can’t you just die?!” She continued trying to attack Amy but she still missed.
            The roof collapsed and Amy was falling with it. She still gave a smile since she was too tired to move another muscle. “Because,” She said with pride, “Jenny wouldn’t kill a friend.”
            Jenny’s heart skipped a beat and then she made her body fly towards Amy. Jenny grabbed onto Amy’s hand while still in the air. The demonic tension in Jenny’s body was seaming now. The armor was dying off on her. As her wings vanished, Jenny fell on top of the remaining rooftop with Amy under her arms. Jenny began crying. “I couldn’t do it… What is wrong with me?”
            Amy still spoke with a broken voice. “It is what your heart is telling you, Jenny…”
            “My… heart?” Jenny asked herself. She then thought about the same moment when somebody else told her the same thing.
 ~~~
            A young girl at the age of eleven stood behind a tree. She peered out to the side of the tree with a blushed expression. “There he is…” She suddenly frowned. Another girl was with a boy whom she was watching. “He’s talking to another girl…”
            “Don’t worry if you see something like that!” A girl said. Jenny turned around and she saw Van standing from behind the tree as well.
            “You like that guy too?”
            “Yeah, but look! He’s talking to that girl. My big brother told me that guys like talking to lots of girls. You have to be careful. I don’t think he’s worth your time, same with my time too.”
            Jenny frowned. “He actually did say some mean things… but that’s what I liked about him. He’s tough.”
            Van sighed. “Tsk tsk, no, Jenny. Don’t go for them. Go for the nicer ones! In no time, maybe a cute boy will come for you and he will have a nice personality. Looking for someone nicer takes lots of time but it’s good in the end! Just wait for the right one to come along!”
            “But… how do I know who is right for me?”
            Van shook her head. “Well… my big brother always told me this but I never know what he teaches me. He said to ‘listen to your heart’.”
            Jenny blushed again. “My… heart?”
 ~~~
            “It took me awhile to understand that… But thanks to my friend, Van, I am patiently waiting for the right guy. I still don’t understand the concept of it…” Jenny said calmly. She giggled with her normal tone again. “It’s funny, isn’t it?” Amy was still listening. Jenny looked up at the sky, “It was because of those two words that you and Van told me… keeping those words dear to me, it kept me from being controlled by William. I guess I now know what it means to listen to my heart. To do whatever I want in my own will…” The last shed of tears ran down her eyes. However, her eyes were closing. She was feeling exhausted from all of the demonic energy that she was forced to use moments ago.
            Amy closed her eyes as well. She gave a smile which was the only muscle left that she could pull. The two of them were still on the rooftop while war still continued. Only their battle was over though. This was just the beginning of it all.
            “My heart…”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: DAAAAAAAHHHHH time to fight!
Van: Hey not yet! You still forgot about me.
Maggie: That’s right, stupid Matt. With the two of us girls, we will beat anybody!
Alex: Do I really have to fight this weakling? She even said she’s the weakest lieutenant of the CORP soldiers.
Van: Oh~ You twisted my words a little.
Peter: Does it matter? We’re going to take you down!
Alex: Watch out for the abyss!
Peter: What?!
Matt: These two battles seem to be on their conclusion already. Next time on episode 159, An X-line Full of Magic, Battle between the Abyss!!
Maggie: Let go of me! Just stop it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment