Saturday, May 19, 2012

Episode 160 - The Boy Who Aimed For the Top


Previously, on the last episode, Van and Maggie had their own one-on-one battle against Alex and Peter. In Van and Alex’s battle, they tied in a draw several times. With this, both were not able to stand up. Meanwhile, Peter and Maggie fought desperately until both were near the edge of the abyss. Peter saves Maggie and says they are friends. Maggie gives up while Peter runs out of energy to keep going. Along the city of Wisteria, Alice and Michael show up to stop Tony from his wrongdoings. However, Tony does not listen and Jaime seems to be shocked about Alice’s existence. What could this mean?
Episode 160 – The Boy Who Aimed For the Top

            Van and Maggie were thrown onto the ground. A tallish girl of about the height of 5’7 said to them in a cocky tone, “Iiiidiots! You guys don’t even know how bad of a school El Monte is, yet you two decide to go there?”
            Van cried. “Why are you making it such a big deal? I don’t even have a choice to go to South El Monte or not!”
            Maggie called out her name, “Layla, why are you so rude anyway?”
            Layla, the tallish girl, and her friend Obrin, laughed together. Layla pointed at them, “I never liked you three anyway.” Jenny was standing behind Van and Maggie, already frightened and defenseless. “You, back there. You’re the tallest and most noble one here, yet you’re scared, just like a little kitty cat.”
            Obrin said to them, “We are making this a big deal because unlike you guys, we are well informed about elemental powers.”
            “What are you talking about?” Van asked.
            “You’ll see once you get into high school. It’s just, our siblings were beaten brutally by people from El Monte when it came to elemental powers. When our siblings returned to South El Monte after being beat up in the competition of elemental power, teachers accused that they got into fist fights in real life. It ruined our sibling’s futures and we want to fight El Monte once we reach high school. We want to take our reputation back of being the strongest elemental power users.”
            Layla added, “And you guys, going to El Monte… automatically means you are all betrayers!” She kicked Van and Maggie simultaneously several times. Jenny was still only standing in the back, frightened to death.
            Maggie screamed for her life, “Somebody help us! Stop it!”
            Suddenly, Obrin yelled from behind Layla, “OW! My balls!!”
            “Huh?!” Layla turned around and another student held Obrin’s arm and the arm punched Layla in the face. She fell onto the floor, sitting up in surprise. “My face! How dare you punch my face!”
            William stood behind Obrin. Obrin knelt down from the pain that he had just gotten. William stood there with a smile, but with a demonic tone, “Aw. Obrin, how dare you punch a girl.” It seemed as though William had kicked Obrin in the private area, and then used Obrin’s arm to punch Layla. “Hm… Actually, it looks like you made no womanist crime. Layla isn’t a girl, or a woman. She’s a monster.”
            Van was sitting with her legs to the side and her knees pressed against the floor. “William!” She said happily.
            Jenny wiped her tears away. “Thank goodness…”
            William gave his hands to Van and Maggie so that they could stand up properly. “Let’s go: on to El Monte, where we will someday fight against these idiots.” The group of four began walking away and Obrin and Layla only sat there in anger.
 ~~~
            William was facing Shirley and Huy still. The dark aura was surrounding the two students now. William said with an eager tone, “I must defeat you two. I’ll be the one to fight against those South El Monte students!”
            Shirley held tightly onto her pole weapon. “Now wait a minute! You were scared of us, and then you suddenly tell us that you’re determined to beat us?”
            “That’s my point!” William yelled at her. “You remind me so much of Layla.”
            Shirley felt insulted. “Eugh?! You described Layla like a total bi-…”
            “And that makes me this Obrin guy?!” Huy interrupted her.
            William looked away. “This is why I was nothing like you expected me to be from the past, Huy. Throughout the two years in middle school when we were not in the same school, lots of crazy things happened. Those bastards in South El Monte alienated all of us Potrero students and you left to Columbia to go through happiness without us!”
            “That doesn’t mean you should kill us!” Huy argued.
            “Defeating as many people as I can will just show Tony that I’m capable of fighting against those South El Monte students – ALONE!” The aura crushed Shirley and Huy. “Slowly, you will die a painful death.” Shirley dropped her pole weapon as she became weaker. Huy tried to boost out of the aura before it clenched onto him too much. “I animated the soul of the dark aura. How do you like the pain?”
            Shirley thought in her mind, “T-This is not how I want to die! What should I do?”
 ~~~
            A peasant man grabbed onto his chest while using his other arm to hold onto a brick building. He was bleeding. “Damn it… how much longer can I go on?” He said. He noticed Alex was on the floor nearby. “That boy…!” The man headed for Alex but he was already out cold. “Hey, it’s me, Steve Dawes! Do you remember me?” He waited in the silence. “Argh…” Steve began to hold Alex on his back. He then turned to Van who was on the floor as well. “One of the lieutenants…? So this boy must have fought hard to stop her from destroying Wisteria…” He tried to find a safer place to drop Alex off instead of out in the open where other soldiers could find him.
 ~~~
            “Ahh!” Alice was thrown onto a rain puddle that was still in the process of drying from a previous rain shower.
            Tony, without moving his own body, used his mimicked shadow power to punch Michael several times on the face and then chest. “I don’t want to hear persuasions coming from you two. Aha, how sad.”
            Jaime still only stood there without knowing what to do. Michael was eventually thrown onto the floor after the last punch. “You fight dirty!” Michael said. He tried to keep his grip on his foil weapon. “However, that doesn’t mean I’m just going to stop.”
            Alice frowned. “Miki… I can’t avenge her. I can’t even persuade Tony to stop…”
            Michael yelled at her, “You told me yourself: to not give up! So, get up and we won’t stop our battle!”
            Tony rolled his eyes. “You’re only hurting yourself more…” he said. “Jaime~ Want to take your turn? I’m tired.” Michael began to charge after him.
 ~~~
            William still had his palms clenched tightly to indicate that he was using excessive power on the dark aura. “Any more and I would lose energy. I will have to go through a different route.” The dark aura suddenly disappeared and Shirley and Huy fell onto the dusty floor.
            Shirley’s clothes tore a little and Huy’s clothing was extremely dusted and cut. Shirley tried to stand up but she was weakening. “Dang it. He’s playing around with us as if we are dolls!”
            William pointed a finger at Shirley and then to Huy, then back to Shirley simultaneously. “Eeny, meeny, miny, moe…~”
            Shirley was frustrated. “Tch, what’s he doing now?!” William continued singing the indecisive song.
            Huy said to Shirley, “He’s plotting something. We have to make a move!”
            Shirley tried to get up once more but she only fell back. Huy was fine however. He stood up with minimal struggle. William last pointed at Huy, “Moe!” William began creating a strange aura on Huy. “Looks like you’d be a better candidate since you’re up and running anyway.”
            “What do you mean?” Shirley became curious.
            “Soul – Activate: Human control!”
            “WHAT?!” Huy gasped. The aura quickly zapped him and he screeched as loud as he could in pain. “AAAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!”
            “HUY!!” Shirley screamed.
            “Once you’re in my control, it’s too late to continue fighting. I’ll make sure your own comrade kills you off, and then to kill your other comrades one by one! Haha!” William closed his fist and the aura disappeared and Huy knelt down with his eyes closed.
            Shirley said slowly, “H-Huy… are you… alright?” Huy was still silent. “Come on, nothing’s wrong, right?”
            Huy opened his eyes which were red now. Shirley was astonished. Huy stood up again. “Shirley.”
            William chuckled. “You two are like brothers and sisters. Now, watch as your own brother uses his own hands to kill you off.”
            Shirley opened her eyes wide. “You wouldn’t!” Shirley still had a tough time standing up!
 ~~~
            Yessenia made a Heavy Strike that was more effective because she was able to make wind defy gravity. Omar quickly jumped away with tremendous speed. He jumped on top of a steel ledge from an apartment building. “Twin Slash!” He yelled out as he flew towards Yessenia with two swords.
            Yessenia avoided both of his attacks and then she created an Air Tornado which was basically a Tornado Spin, but two times larger. “You will not get away with fighting against us!”
            Each section of the tornado was blown away when Omar simultaneously slashed away the wind. “A sword battle, hm? I’m the better wielder, just letting you know now!” Omar ran towards Yessenia with both of his swords shaped into an ‘X’. “Let’s see you avoid this!”
            Yessenia was about to create a Constricted Wind but Omar’s speed was so quick that she was not able to see him run all the way behind her. “What?!” She was barely able to turn around and guard with just her single long sword. She almost fell on her back but she jumped away and she kept her grip. “Tch!” She thought in her mind, “I have used up most of my tactics. I have to think of new techniques that could stop him…”
            “Time is almost up. I can sense your feeling exhausted.”
            “I’m not done yet! Just you wait!”
 ~~~
            Huy held his fist up high while his eyes were still red. His fist was shaking, however. William yelled, “What?! Soul – activate! Control that human!”
            Huy was barely hesitant to punch Shirley. Shirley was covering herself with her arms. Huy said to her, “M-Move… away!”
            Shirley was almost able to get up. She slowly crawled towards a tree so that she could help herself lean against the tree. “I… I have to survive! I’ve been through so much. I can’t die yet!” She remembered the time when she offered Yessenia to sacrifice Shirley while being constricted by the snake and Van. “If I don’t do something now, then her effort will just go to waste!” Her hand was nearing the tree and Huy tried to control his steps.
            “Activate that soul, damn it!” William kept trying to renew his control over Huy. “What is going on?!”
            Huy was weakening! His fist was moving faster. “I will not fight back. I won’t do it!”
            “Yes you will!!” William said angrily.
            “Errrrraaaaaaghhhh!!” Huy closed his eyes. “I never wanted to hurt my friends! Why should I do that now?!?!”
            Shirley gasped. “Huy…” She said with a blush. Huy’s control was loosening and William was able to take control. Huy’s fist flew towards Shirley at full speed. “Ah!” She covered herself again.
            “Agh…!” He yelped. He knelt onto the ground and blood began seeping through the bandage over his chest.
            “Huy!” Shirley called out his name again.
            William clenched his teeth. “Useless! Forget the pain!”
            Shirley thought in her mind, “It must be because of that cut he got outside of Wisteria! That’s probably why he can’t move right now.” Shirley held onto the tree with her right hand and then she was able to stand.
            William shook his head. “I don’t think so!” She unactivated his control over Huy and then he moved on to the tree. “Soul – activate, Trent!” The tree that Shirley was holding on against was becoming animated.
            Shirley was about to fall over but she had a new idea. “I can barely move but I can still try to fight! Ice Prism!” A large patch of ice was forming around herself.
            William took a step back. His surprise led to his power’s interruption with the Trent. “What do you think you’re doing?”
            Shirley made the prism of ice surround her own feet. “If I’m able to stand, I can still force myself to use more power!”
            William unanimated the tree and then he made the next move. “Soul – activate, Shiva!”
            Shirley was already about to go over her limit. “If I have friends depending on me, then I must try my best! H-Hail… stone!!!” She made a storm of ice fly towards the ground, attacking anybody who she wanted to attack.
            William became frightened. “What is this?! How is this possible? She’s canceling my power to control Shiva!” Instead of turning into Shiva, the Ice Prism shattered and Shirley fell onto her knees. The Hailstone continued and it struck William a few times. His CORP lieutenant outfit was tearing. He was on the floor now, unable to get up.
            Shirley watched him. She could barely get up. “Nnng… Ouch…” She felt her chest. It was tightening from all the pain that she had exceeded from casting a Hailstone.
            William looked up at the sky. “All I ever wanted… was to be the best. To fight against the South El Monte students…”
            Shirley said slowly after him, “You can… You can easily be the best, but without trying to hurt your own friends. We are your friends, no matter what!”
            William was surprised that Shirley still considered him a friend after what just happened. His heart was warning up and he felt very relieved. “Friends… So that’s what they’re called…” He began to smile.
 ~~~
Yessenia: Looks like we are up next.
Omar: *bows* Good luck on your battle against me.
Yessenia: You too, Omar.
Omar: Thank you. You are so kind.
Yessenia: I can say the same thing for you as well.
Tony: HEY. HEY! What do you two think you’re doing?! Stop being nice and kill each other! I order you, Omar!
Omar: Shut your mouth!
William: S-Sorry, Master Tony! He only listens to my orders because I’m the one who used Soul-activate on him. I’ll get to it.
Tony: You idiot! Don’t call me Master Tony!
Matt: What a mess this is… Next time on episode 161, Sword Mastery, Yessenia Versus Omar!
Omar: Tea?
Yessenia: Yes, please.

0 comments:

Post a Comment