As the
protagonist group entered Wisteria, all of them have split apart into several
groups, each fighting different antagonists of Wisteria. Alex and Van had a
draw while Peter and Maggie agreed to put their complications aside. Amy and
Jenny have taken a rest from their battle while William lost against Shirley
and Huy through their bond. Lastly, Yessenia and Omar had a crucial battle
where Yessenia had to use all her might in order to win. Matt and Shirl
therefore concluded their own battle after Shirl had come to her senses. At
this moment, Alex used a forbidden spell that could possibly injure his magical
essence. Cataclysm was the name of the spell. In the end, Matt decided to save
Wisteria even after knowing that the whole city is in complete ruin! Sadly,
Tony escaped, but the group was now able to take a long rest before the next
journey begins.
Episode 165 – Resolution of Wisteria, the Dark Fire
Magician Appears!
In the World of Elsiya, there are
two major armies: the CORP soldiers, and the Peridot soldiers. The CORP
soldiers control all of the Marconian Continent while the Peridot soldiers
control all of the Druskane Continent. The Whistel, Sunlit, and Ellusion
continents are completely unvacant. In the Marconian Continent, there is only
one city that has not been taken over yet, and that is Wisteria.
~~~
A surviving civilian had a shovel in
his hand. He was about six feet while standing next to Alex. “There we go.”
Alex had a shovel as well. He bowed
to the man. “Thank you.” He looked over at the grave that they just finished.
There were many other civilians making graves for their families as well.
“Steve…” Alex thought with a frown.
~~~
Amy tied a bandage over Shirl’s arm.
“Phew. There you go! Good as new.”
Shirl gave only a soft smile. “Mmh.
Thank you, Amy.”
Near the two of the girls, Shirley
and Huy sat down together, arguing about their experience in the Marconian
Continent. Alice was playing with Nix, throwing the bird into the air like a
ball. Michael sat down alone, not feeling in the mood to talk to anybody else.
Peter, Maggie, and Van eventually arrived with the group moments after Tony
disappeared. Jenny and William joined together with Van and Maggie.
“A HERO HAS DONE HIS JOB!!” Bunhong
suddenly yelled at the top of his lungs.
Venus began pulling onto her hair.
“Tch! You’re so noisy!” She said to everybody else, “Do you guys know long I
had to deal with this guy on the way here?!” She had a new outfit on after
snooping around the Wisterian markets.
Amy giggled and said to her, “Eheh…
I can imagine.”
Yessenia said to Omar, “So, William
was the one who helped control you?” She said in a deep tone.
William, from afar, slipped behind a
tree and smiled. “Ah… that was my bad?”
Van and Maggie both said to him,
“YOU DID THIS TO US TOO?”
Jenny closed her eyes and whined, “Stop
it you two, please?”
Omar yawned. “Eh, just let him go.
It doesn’t matter now. I just caught off guard, so I could have easily beaten
him any other time.”
William clenched his teeth but
Maggie and Van continued to yell at him. Jenny gave up and began giggling out
of nowhere. Peter said to himself, “Oh. She laughs for no reason.”
Yessenia changed the subject. “At
any rate, it seems as though Tony activated the Grand Cradle in the Druskane
Continent.”
Alice accidentally dropped Nix onto
her face. Michael disregarded this and then said to Yessenia, “If Tony is the
leader of the CORP soldiers while activating the Grand Cradle in the Druskane
Continent, the Peridot soldiers will surely be angry.”
“Why is that?” Yessenia asked.
Michael explained, “The Peridot
soldiers originally take control over the Druskane Continent, much like a
government of their own. What I heard was that they have made new captains of
their own just recently. I also worry if they’re students that we know.”
Yessenia placed her right hand under
her chin. “That reminds me… Why is Tony the leader of the CORP soldiers as a
whole? We have only been in the world of Elsiya for a few weeks, let alone, a
few months.”
Michael laughed. “Ahah! Silly.” He
began whispering to Yessenia only. “The previous leaders were the elemental
crystal users from the class of 2010 and up. They must have passed down the
leadership to Tony. I guess Tony kind of screwed it all up and ended the
tradition here.”
“How far does this tradition trace
back to?”
“Some legend with this guy named
Luther.”
Yessenia’s heart skipped a beat. She
froze in surprise. “N-No way…” She thought to herself, “(Do not tell me that
‘Luther’… is the same demon that we challenged back in Edmund?! If that is the
case, then he has been playing with time since the very beginning.)”
Michael sighed. “Well, I guess I
should help. I am the only student in class of 2009 to use my powers anyway.
Might as well make it useful. Are we going to the Druskane Continent?”
Yessenia shook her head. “For you
especially, yes. I am not sure which one of us, or how many, should head on
over there.”
After Huy had a very brief
conversation with William and obtaining the telsi formula page, Huy turned to
Alex and asked, “Dude, what are you doing?”
Alex was turning his head around,
looking for someone. “Where is Matt? He’s not here…”
Huy pointed his thumb over to the
docks of Wisteria. “I think he went that way. He’s probably mad or something.
You don’t want to talk to him when he’s mad. He used to have lots of anger
issues in middle school.”
“Ooooh~~~” Shirley squirmed around
him. “Is that why you’re so chicken around him?~~”
“SHUT UP, YOU!!” Huy blasted in
anger. Alex ran towards the docks without saying anything. Huy gasped.” A-Ah,
hey! Where do you think you’re going?” He was about to follow Alex.
Shirley grabbed his shoulders.
“Don’t.” She said.
Huy grinned. “Ah… Fine.”
~~~
In the large group of students,
Shirl sat down alone. Yessenia walked over to her and asked in a serious tone,
“Hey, Shirl, can I ask you something?”
Shirl was shy. She said kindly, “Uh-
Huh? Me? Sure.”
“Where did you get your Time
powers?” Yessenia asked bluntly. “(If I am correct, her time powers are almost
exactly like Santi’s, but how did she get them?)”
Shirl blushed. “I don’t want to be
remembered of this power. It is shameful…”
Yessenia sat down next to her. “It
is okay. We do not blame you for all you have done.”
“But…”
“For now, I just need to know how
you got your powers.”
“Tony gave them to me.”
“W-What?” Yessenia was shocked. She
wondered how Tony could have gotten Santi’s powers if Santi had already passed
away. “How did he get them?”
Shirl pointed at her chest, “Well,
it’s not really time powers, per se…” She began kicking the air with her legs
simultaneously as she looked up at the purplish pink sky that was turning into
dusk. “It is Chrono magic.”
“Chrono? How is that different from
Time?”
Shirl began to explain the power,
“Chrono, specifically the root word ‘chron’, means ‘time’. The difference is
that Chrono magic is much lighter than Time. What I mean is that I can only
control the time of inanimate objects. Time magic most likely controls
anything, even people.” She thought about how Van, Maggie, and Jenny first
began in the Marconian Continent in the Plaines Triangle, all frozen up. “The
only way I can control somebody is to freeze them physically by ice, not by
their body functions.”
“I see… So it is almost like Santi’s
powers, but more difficult to handle.”
“I guess you can say that. Is this
Santi guy your friend?”
“Uh, yeah. This explains a lot.” She
began thinking to herself, “If there are two powers, Time and Chrono while
being extremely closely related, then I wonder how many elemental crystals are
out there? Possibly hundreds…”
At the other end of the group, Omar
was talking to Peter. “I see you’re a panda.”
“What’s
so funny?” Peter said in a deep tone. “At least I’m a good-looking panda.”
“That wasn’t my point.” Omar teased.
“You like eating bamboo sticks?”
“How are you stereotyping pandas?!”
“Bamboos are the first things I
think of when I imagine a panda!!”
“Shut your mouth!” Peter clenched
his fists. He began talking to himself. “Now I’ll never be able to go to the
Druskane Continent looking like this. If I try to get a boat, people will only
call me a monster. I need to find my friend, Joey, damn it!”
“Joey?” The name sparked Omar’s
mind. “Joey… the guy I was looking for, back in Melvin.”
“Melvin? That was when I first saw
you in Elsiya.” Peter remembered.
Omar joked, “Good times, right?”
“Shut up!! That was when you dodged
Jaime and I ended up turning into a panda because of you!!”
“Because of me?!” Omar was
face-to-face against Peter.
Van took a step back. “You guys are
taking things too far…”
In
the same circle of students, Michael began to feel the strange presence coming
back. “What is this feeling…”
“I feel it too.” Nix was freezing
again just like on the highway. “It has to be that man…!”
“Do you think so?” Michael wondered.
“Why are you the only other person who can sense his presence anyway?” He began
looking into Nix’s eyes. “W-Wait. Don’t tell me you’re…?!”
Nix interrupted him, “We have to
find Matt. I think he’s in danger!” It suddenly flew away.
Alice gasped. “Ah- Hey, don’t just
run away!”
“Bye bye, Alice! It was nice talking
to you!” Nix squealed while Michael followed.
“Not you too! Agh.” Alice sighed.
~~~
Alex finally reached the pier. He
placed one hand on a tree to keep his balance. After all, he was still in pain
from his Cataclysm spell. “Hm…” He noticed Matt was sitting at the end of the
pier with a depressed expression on his face.
He decided to walk up to Matt.
“Hey.” Alex said.
Matt turned around, emotionless.
“Oh, it’s you.”
Alex sat down next to him. “You okay?”
“Uh, I guess.”
Alex felt that Matt was not in the
mood to be responsive. So, Alex decided to speak up for the most part, “So, we
saved Wisteria from Tony’s attacks, heh.”
Matt looked away. “It was never
saved to begin with.” He said negatively.
“Well, Wisteria is calm now. All the
soldiers are gone. They found out about Tony’s new order, to go to the Druskane
Continent. Do you want to go?”
“Why should I? I’ll only break more
promises. Back at the concentration camp, I promised this woman that I would
save Wisteria. This place must have been her hometown. Saving Wisteria was
probably her dying wish.” Matt became angry. He stood up. “And… I failed… What
kind of lousy person can I be?”
Alex added on to Matt’s statement,
“The lousy kind of person who chose not to give up until he was forced to.”
Matt was in shock. He turned around,
“B-Be quiet. I’m not in the mood. I didn’t want to give up, but I still failed
in the end. What good is trying if I can’t even succeed?”
“Knowing that you tried, regardless.”
“Tch. That woman, her name was…
Melanie Dawes. I won’t forget her name…”
“Dawes… That sounds familiar…” Alex
thought to himself. “Don’t tell me…?!” He said out loud, “Hey, did Melanie have
a husband?”
“I don’t know. I think she had two
kids or something. I saw those kids on the truck on the way to the
concentration camp.”
“Steve Dawes.”
“What?”
“That was the guy who I made friends
with. He also died. I think he talked about his two kids too.”
“What are you trying to say?”
“Steve… He died too. I failed to
save Wisteria, nonetheless, even failing to save him…”
Matt gave an interested expression.
“Oh…”
~~~
A footstep was coming closer. Nix
flew towards Matt. “Mr. Giant Man! Master!! I have something important to tell
you!”
Matt and Alex’s conversation was
interrupted. Matt scratched his head, “Oh, Nix. Hey.”
“There… there is a dangerous man…
coming here!”
Michael followed Nix. Matt pointed
at him, “That guy?”
“NO!! Somebody else!” Nix screeched.
It was shaking in fear. “Please, you need to leave!”
“What? Right now? Why so sudden?”
Matt said in confusion.
“What is going on?” Alex wondered.
Michael said to them, “Rowen
Bartholemute. He is here.”
“Ugh. That guy again. What does he
want?”
“Matthew Tran.” The voice said.
Nix gasped. It vanished into Matt’s
soul out of fear and Michael stood in front of Matt. “What do you want with
this guy? How do you know his name?”
In front of the group of three
students was Rowen. His expression was dim and dark. “Matthew… I’ve heard
stories that you are the new fire user. I am the only winner ov class of 2007.
I came to stop the Pendulum of Time, but it seems Tony has already escaped.”
Matt raised his fists in the air in
anger. “Why are you stressing out your ‘of’s again?!”
Michael whispered, “He has a habit
of doing that…”
“In the meantime, Matt. I have
something to tell you.” Rowen said slowly.
Matt focused carefully. “What is
that?”
“Your friend, Santiago. He is still
alive.”
Alex and Matt were extremely shocked
from this news. Matt was shaking. “What are you saying…? That’s impossible.”
“Come with me.” Rowen created a
portal. “If you go with me, you will find out everything.”
Michael said to Matt, “Don’t listen
to him. It could be a trick.”
Matt took a step forward, “But
Santi… My close friend from last year…”
Alex thought in his mind, “(Matt’s
mind is completely confused right now after what happened to Wisteria…)”
“What else do you have to offer to
Wisteria?” Rowen asked. “For now, I can help you. Just come with me and I will
take care ov your values.”
Matt took another step forward. “I…
I have to!” Matt began walking forward.
Michael yelled at him, “You
shouldn’t do this!!”
Matt screamed back at him, “SHUT UP!
I’LL DO WHATEVER I WANT TO DO!!”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Venus:
Uh, hello?! Where is Jaime?!?!?!
Yessenia: Geez, I will tell you then.
Huy:
Now that we’ve got the Telsi formula, should we head on to the Druskane
Continent too, Shirley?
Shirley:
I want to find Joey. He must be in that continent if not here in Marconia!
Michael: I’m already telling you, Matt. This is not a good idea.
Matt:
Yeah, buzz off. I know what I’m doing.
Alex:
I think Michael has a point, Matt. You must be in a confused state.
Matt:
Why don’t you all just shut up already?!
Rowen:
Shall we go?
Matt:
Yeah. I’m tired of this. Next time on episode 166, To the Druskane Continent,
Matt and Alex Depart!!
Nix:
I really don’t like the idea of this…




0 comments:
Post a Comment