Saturday, June 30, 2012

Episode 169 - Docked on Crestwood, the Spirit of Columbia

Moments before, the whole group was split into three and the main focus is now based on the Druskane Continent. Matt, Alex, Nix, and Rowen all arrive at the Cranium Heights where there is a hidden spring connected to an oasis. Lupe appeared in front of Yessenia’s group who was all headed towards Crestwood, the first city to be reached when arriving at the Druskane Continent. At that moment, Lupe begins to tell the group about her own history. She was also trapped in the world of Elsiya along with all of the other El Monte students…
Episode 169 – Docked on Crestwood, the Spirit of Columbia

            “So, care to explain what’s going on here? This is nuts!” Jennifer advised Rowen to answer her question. When he was silent, Jennifer repeated herself with her voice raised this time.
            “Jennifer, please calm down. I guess it’s not so crazy. We can just go back with our cellphones.” Lupe tried to calm her down.
            “Ah, so I see you two are familiar with fictional worlds like Elsiya.” Rowen finally spoke. “You two know very well that cellphones are the escape away from fictional worlds. I’ve gone through that for four years in high school, hehe.” He bowed to them. “I am the leader of the Peridot soldiers. We take custody of these tigres and make sure they work for us, like so.” He pointed at the same tiger with the wooden crates and another amazon-looking female tiger who was carrying a bucket of water.
            Lupe closed her eyes. “This is animal cruelty! Whoever supports them is just horrible!”
            The woman tiger, Lagi, offered some water, “Would you like some?”
            Lupe suddenly smiled, “Yes, actually, thank you. It’s kind of hot and dry in this village.”
            Jennifer said quietly, “You adapted so fast there…”
            “I can’t help it. I’m so thirsty…”
            Rowen abruptly continued, “Anywho, I will let you two become captains of Peridot soldiers from different divisions if you decide to stay here. If you think about it, you are pretty much stuck here in the world of Elsiya.”
            Lupe covered her mouth in surprise. “What? Forever?”
            “That’s too crazy! There has got to be a way.” Jennifer claimed. She took out her cellphone to see that the option to El Monte was gray and not accessible. “Ergh… Do you have anything to do with this?”
            Rowen laughed. “No, not at all. I have gained some elemental crystals found all over the world of Elsiya. I still have yet to find more. Can you guess what these can do?” He threw one crystal each to Jennifer and Lupe, “Look into them with your very own eyes.”
            Without thinking, Lupe looked into the crystal and the small stone was getting brighter by the second. Lupe took a step back from astonishment, “Wh-what’s happening to me?”
            “Lupe! Don’t look into the crystal. Something bad could happen-…” The stone that Jennifer was holding was already turning brighter.
            Rowen chuckled. “Heh. The second you hold onto the crystal is when you already start gaining such amazing powers. Now, decide again if you will: do you want to help me here in Tigre Village?”
            Lupe whispered into Jennifer’s ear, “We should do as he says until we find a way out of here…”
            Jennifer did not like the idea, but she knew there was no other choice. “Fine. We’ll help you!”
~~~
            “And months later…” Lupe thought to herself, “we were still not able to escape. We decided to give up, until someone else came around.”
~~~
            Brandon appeared in Tigre Village from a portal. He fell onto the ground and then he groaned, “Aaaagh! That hurt.”
            Lupe took sight of him. She started feeling teary. “B-B-Brandon…!” She jumped onto him in happiness, “You’re here!! I’m surprised you’re alive! How? How did you get here? Oh my gosh… please tell me this did not just happen.”
            Rowen was watching at a distance. Jennifer also saw them. “Brandon?” Jennifer was excited as well. “How did you get here?”
            Brandon opened his arms out to the two girls. “I drew a dimension to wherever you two were!”
            Lupe hugged him and said softly, “Your powers can go that far?”
            Jennifer interrupted them, “Wait, if you can make a portal going to Elsiya, then you can take us out of this world! Bring us back to El Monte!”
            Lupe screamed, “That’s right!! You can do that, right?!”
            “No.” Brandon said bluntly.
            “Why not…?” Lupe became worrisome again.
            “I accidentally walked into this portal, forgetting to bring my paint brush and notebook.”
            Jennifer closed her eyes and then she began vibrating. Her face turned red and smoke came out of her ears like a train’s smoke stack. “YOU FORGOT WHAT NOW?”
~~~
            Lupe began praying while she was sliding towards Crestwood. “We were stuck up to this very day, and Rowen gladly took Brandon in as his helper as well…”
~~~
            After a few hours, the group on the Terris finally arrived at Crestwood. It was getting dark already. In the Fall season, the sky darkens quite early in the afternoon. Shirley tried to check her dead cellphone, “My phone ran out of battery a long time ago. Ugh, that’s even worse for us. Now I don’t even know what time it is.”
            “There should be a clock somewhere in this city.” Yessenia suggested they could easily go search for a clock.
            Huy began caressing his fists, wondering if he needed new gauntlets. “Hey guys, are we in a hurry?”
            Yessenia answered him, “In a way, yes. Do you need something?”
            “I kind of need stronger gauntlets. This one is wearing out anyway.”
            “You have time then. I guess we should give each other three hours. At this time when it is getting darker, I’m assuming that it is around 5PM. In that case, it would be wise to start leaving Crestwood in three hours.”
            Venus questioned her, “Why do we have to leave Crestwood? Maybe Matt, Alex, and Rowen are all here.”
            “I doubt they are in such a simple place like this. If you happen to see them, report to us at 8PM at the other end of Crestwood.” Yessenia pointed at a bulletin board with a Crestwood map stapled onto it. “You guys agree?”
            Shirley grabbed William’s left arm, “Let’s go clothes shopping, buddy!”
            Huy mocked her, “You’re stupid. What kind of guy would want to go shopping for clothes especially at a time like this?”
            William suddenly yelled, “Yay! Shopping!”
            Peter stared at them. “Oh. He does.”
            William gave Shirley a stack of money, “My salary for being a lieutenant.”
            Shirley’s eyes turned into money. “OHO~~~ You are so cool, William!” She began walking away with him, “So you must be rich. You know, we’ve always been friends. I think you’re the greatest guy ev…” Her voice became faint as the two of them walked off.
            Huy rolled his eyes. “Anyway, I’ll be going too. See you guys at eight!”
            Omar said to Peter, “Maybe we should go find Joey.”
            “Sure. It’s going to be hard to find someone in a city though, but it’s worth a try.” Peter agreed.
            Omar said hysterically, “And you might want to cover yourself up with a new outfit and some kind of face mask. No one wants to see your panda face. DAHAH!”
            Peter tried to fight with him. “What did you say?!”
            Venus giggled, “And that leaves us together! Adventures are fun, aren’t they?”
            “But you talk a lot.” Yessenia grinned.
            “Oh whatever. Let’s go exploring around!”

            Matt, Alex, Nix, and Rowen eventually arrived at the Cranium Heights. Alex wiped his forehead, “I’m getting tired and it’s almost dark. Maybe we should take a rest. I’m sweating buckets here.”
            “That’s just water coming from your water powers!” Matt exclaimed.
            “Mind your own business!”
            Rowen knelt down to touch the ground. “It’s moist here, uf all places.”
            Alex said quietly to Matt, “Him and his ‘uf’s again…”
            “Get over it already.” Matt said in an annoyed tone.
            Rowen began laughing out loud. “Hahaha! I remember now. The Cranium Heights is connected to the Greyton Oasis in some way. Listen, there is an spring in this little cave below the heights. This spring’s other side is the Greyton Oasis of the sand island.”
            Alex began picturing the Elsiyan map in his head. “From what I remember, the Greyton Oasis is east of the Browe Pass. Basically, the distance is much like a triangle between the Browe Pass, Greyton Oasis, and this Cranium Heights.”
            Matt began sweating in flames. “Who cares! Let’s just go to the spring already!”
            Alex gasped from Matt’s flames. “So inconsiderate!”
~~~
            Along Yessenia’s walk with Venus in Crestwood, Yessenia noticed that Venus was frowning while holding onto her upper chest. Yessenia tilted her head to see her expression even closer. “Is there something wrong?”
            Venus giggled. “Eheh, n-no… not really. Well, my necklace is gone. I think it was left in the Nerim Lake or maybe someone stole it…” She remembered when she hugged Johnny back in the elevator boat. “But there’s also a possibility that my old friend Johnny took it…”
            “Johnny?”
            “Oh right! You don’t know him. He’s from Kranz and he was accidentally thrown into this world while talking to Amy. I don’t know where he is anymore though. It’s like… all these people keep leaving. First Santi, then Jaime, and then Johnny, twice!”
            Yessenia thought about her conversation with Jaime. “Well, Jaime is um…”
            “You know where he disappeared to?!”
            “Not really. He’s probably somewhere on this island looking for Tony. He wants to stop Tony. He was a good guy after all.”
            Venus was confused. “But back at the elevator boat, he seemed to go crazy in wanting Omar to join the CORP soldiers… I wonder what that was all about.” She shook her head. “No matter, though! I want to stick with the fact that Jaime is a good person. Let’s search for him again!”
            Yessenia chuckled. “Aha… sure.” She was concerned at the difficulty of actually finding people who could be anywhere on a whole island, let alone, in the whole would of Elsiya…
~~~
            Within the caverns of the Cranium Heights, Matt could sniff the nice, fresh scent of the springs. “We are getting closer to the springs, aren’t we?! Can’t wait to try that fresh water!”
            Alex said angrily, “I have water powers too…”
            Matt teased, “Well your water isn’t fresh.”
            “It is!! I think. Ugh, you’re so rude.”
            Matt remembered when Alex said Matt was not pretty when they first met. “I still remember you didn’t call me pretty back at the El Monte public library!”
            “Why do you still remember that?!”
            “We are here.” Rowen changed the subject. “This is the spring that you were looking for! The water is fresh, of course.” Rowen said soothingly. “The spirit girl should be here. She may help us with the Telsi potion.”
            Alex became serious. He remembered when Shirley and Huy were talking about the sacred Telsi potion. “(That potion!)” He thought to himself. “(Shirley and Huy- I mean, just Huy, wants to use the Telsi potion for good use. But this Rowen guy… I don’t trust him. If he is connecting the fact of reviving old friends by using the Telsi potion, then maybe I can get Mariel back…)” He began thinking about taking the Telsi potion from Rowen when the time is right.
            Rowen added, “The thing is, she can’t directly help us making the Telsi potion. We have to find a professional alchemist. I think there is one in Tigre Village.”
            Alex said out loud, “Damn.”
            Rowen turned to him, “Hm? Why ‘damn’?”
            Alex suddenly blushed and lied, “Uh no no no no no, nothing! I said nothing! I meant damn as in my shoes got wet.”
            Matt ruined the moment by correcting him. “You have water powers. Get over it.”
            “Be quiet!” Alex shouted at him. The cave vibrated a little from his yell.
            The spirit girl appeared. “Welcome, my fellow beings.”
            Alex screeched, “EEK! It’s the spirit girl!” He ran behind Matt. “What if she’s evil?”
            “I’m not evil!!” She said unethically. She went back to being angelic, “My name is Thuy Do.”
            “What a strange name.” Alex murmured.
            “Be quiet, young man!!” The spirit girl said.
            Matt was surprised to see her at a place like this. “T-Thuy…! From my middle school!”
            Alex made a strange shriek. “WHAAAAAAAT! You know her? She just called me a young man! I’m probably older than her if my birthday is in December! How rude of her!”
            Rowen rolled his eyes. “Aside from the bickering, what does it take to make the Telsi potion, divine spirit of the springs?”
            Matt and Alex clapped their hands together, “Ooh that’s a nice nickname.”
            Nix said while in Matt’s spirit, “You two don’t even get the situation here…”
            Thuy responded to them, “You need several ingredients. I can tell you that the sacred Bird’s Tear is in the snowy land of Trinity Top. Once you obtain that, you must come back to me and I will synthesize it with special spirit water that only I can obtain.”
            Matt interrupted her, “Thuy! Why don’t you just come with us?”
            Thuy had a frown on her face. She said bluntly, “I have been chosen to become a spirit for Elsiya. If I leave this world, then Elsiya’s energy will deplete.”
            Alex turned around. “Let’s just go. We can come back to her later.”
            Matt had to think about it for a while. Rowen also mentioned one more thing. “We will come back once we get the Bird’s Tear. It shouldn’t take a while, Matt.”
            Matt was shaking. He had rather have Thuy go with them so that they could gather all of the students before leaving Elsiya somehow. If Thuy is stuck as a spirit for Elsiya, then she may never leave…
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Shirley: Pretty clothes huh! Do you like?!
William: This is not exactly what I meant by clothes shopping…
Omar: What is with that crowd?
Peter: Wait. Take the camera! Why does it look so familiar?
Omar: What a gorgeous photo.
Peter: It’s the back of Matt’s head facing the flames…
Matt: Thuy! Come with us!
Thuy: About that… I can’t…
Matt: Huh?
Thuy: If I leave the springs, then…
Matt: Because you’re a spirit of Elsiya’s growth, then… No way… Next time on episode 170, The Boy in the Flames, Thuy’s Words of Wisdom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment