Saturday, June 23, 2012

Episode 167 - Landing on the Browe Pass, All Aboard the Terris Ship!

As the protagonist group entered Wisteria, all of them have split apart into several groups, each fighting different antagonists of Wisteria. Alex and Van had a draw while Peter and Maggie agreed to put their complications aside. Amy and Jenny have taken a rest from their battle while William lost against Shirley and Huy through their bond. Lastly, Yessenia and Omar had a crucial battle where Yessenia had to use all her might in order to win. Matt and Shirl therefore concluded their own battle after Shirl had come to her senses. At this moment, Alex used a forbidden spell that could possibly injure his magical essence. Cataclysm was the name of the spell. In the end, Matt decided to save Wisteria even after knowing that the whole city is in complete ruin! Sadly, Tony escaped, but the group was now able to take a long rest before the next journey begins.
Episode 167 – Landing on the Browe Pass, All Aboard the Terris Ship!

            Matt and Alex fell at the same time near a dusty road. They both made a yelp from the fall. Matt felt his bottom. “Owowow… Man, I haven’t fallen from a portal like that in a long time.” He began to examine the whole area around him. “Where are we?”
            Alex stood up next to him. “I don’t know…”
            “Oh that’s right!” Matt remembered something and then he suddenly yelled, “Why did you follow me here?!?!”
            “I didn’t want you to go with him! He’s bad news.” Alex became worried. “I just… I was scared, that’s all. What if I were to lose another friend?”
            “Oh…” Matt had nothing else to say. He was speechless.
            Rowen appeared from the portal which he then made go away. “If you are going to oppose my proposal, then you might as well depart.”
            Alex grinned. “What proposal?”
            “To revive an old friend of mine.”
            “Santiago?” Alex answered.
            “That is Matt’s old friend. I have one ov my own old friends that I want to revive as well. In fact, I have three. All have lost their powers, but with the Pendulum ov Time that Tony obtained, I could have revived them all.”
            “Why are you stressing your ‘of’s anyway?”
            Matt whispered, “Don’t even bother asking…”
            Rowen pointed southward, “Onward.”
            Matt stopped him, “W-Wait. What about reviving Santi?”
            “You will eventually see. Just come with me and do as I say.”
            Alex whispered to Matt, “That sounds suspicious. I don’t think we should be doing this.”
            “What else can we do at this point? Let’s just follow.” Matt said quietly. “If you don’t want to come with me, then just go and don’t bother me.”
            Alex thought in his mind, “(I was hoping you would understand that I just don’t want to see another friend hurt… Why won’t you realize that?)” He then said, “Fine. I’ll go…”
            “Browe Pass is the name of this road.” Rowen said.
~~~
            Back at the pier of Wisteria, the group of seven students heading to the Druskane Continent eventually reached the docks and saw Michael standing there in silence. Peter tripped on his own shoes behind the whole group. Omar sighed. “You would fall, you large panda.”
            “Are you making fun of my weight?!” Peter burst into anger.
            Yessenia stood in front of Michael. “Hey, there you are! Where are the others?”
            “You mean Matt, Alex, and that bird? They disappeared.” He answered.
            The whole group seemed surprise. Shirley placed a hand over her mouth. “Just… like that?”
            “They went with Rowen. Rowen said that he could revive Santi and mentioned another girl named Mariel. He claims that those two are still alive.”
            Venus headed for the end of the docks. “That’s ridiculous! Santi is already gone. He could have come back by now if he was still alive, right?”
            Shirley agreed with her. “That’s right. Even Mariel is gone. It would be like some random miracle if the both of them were alive.”
            Huy began steering a boat. Omar helped him since he took a short job as a guard for the boats back in Melvin. Huy pointed at Omar’s random red hat, “Oho! Where did you get the awesome clothes? You changed so fast.”
            Omar laughed. “It’s an outfit I picked up from Melvin!”
            Peter remembered Omar’s same outfit back in Melvin, “You barely have a set of clothes, don’t you?”
            Omar was face-to-face with him, “What did you say?! Says the one with no other clothing for a panda!” They began to growl at each other.
            “Really, guys?” Huy gave a sigh.
            Yessenia began pondering about the idea of revival, “Santi and Mariel… that seems a bit too farfetched. Should we go to the Druskane Continent and think about it on the way?”
            “I know about the myth.” William said. Nobody really noticed that he was standing around.
            Venus, Shirley, Yessenia, and Michael all turned to him with interest. “Care to explain as we ride the ship to the next continent?”
            William bowed to them, “Sure thing.”
Michael took a step away, “It’s better for me to help support Wisteria from falling. It looks like Tony escaped again, so I might as well side with you guys for now until we stop him. I don’t think anybody else would be capable of helping around here anyway.”
Yessenia agreed with him. William walked into the boat. “Well then it’s decided!” He then turned to Omar, “So you’re steering the ship right, Omar?”
            Omar bowed back to him. “Yes, sir.”
            “Again with the ‘sir’s from the Floyde Ship?!”
~~~
            In the Browe Pass, Matt, Alex, and Rowen continue to walk southward. Matt could sense Nix’s spirit in fear. Matt did not say anything about it though. He was silent from Rowen’s intimidation. Alex, however, seemed angry in his own world. Rowen began to make a phone call. The group stopped. Alex whispered to Matt, “What is he planning now?”
            Matt whispered back to him, “How should I know? He knows how to revive our friends!”
            Alex then thought about Mariel. “That sounds interesting though… but no! I can’t agree to that. Friends who are gone, are gone for good. We can’t mess with that fact.”
            “But what if they weren’t really dead?”
            “Mariel is definitely gone. Santi, who knows.”
            “Mariel vanished… She didn’t decompose.”
            “Well, it’s the way of dying, if you are an elemental user. I-…”
            “You are heading to Crestwood? … Let your friends stay to guard Tigre Village. … Mhm. …Yes. …Alright, thanks! I’ll be there in a moment.” Rowen ended his call.
            Alex whispered again, “I don’t even know how he gets service here.”
            “He’s probably using phones that only the soldiers get to use. It must be the only great technology they have here in Elsiya…”
            “Hm? You two say something?”
            Matt and Alex suddenly got goosebumps. Matt laughed. “HAHAHA!!! No, nothing!”
            Alex punched him. “Sh! Stop exaggerating!”
~~~
            On the ship towards Crestwood, Shirley felt the wooden walls leading to the floor down below. “This is so cool! You know, since we will use this ship to travel around the Druskane Continent, we might as well name it!”
            “That’s retarded.” Huy said bluntly.
            “You’re retarded! Now, what should we name this?”
            Venus looked up at the mast. “What is that spinning thing?”
            William began explaining, “That is just a traditional mark for ships of Elsiya. Looks like a Ferris wheel, doesn’t it?” He said with a smile.
            Venus was amazed. “That’s interesting. By the way, your eyes are closed.”
            William ignored her. Shirley pointed up at the mast, “We’ll call it the Titanic!”
            Huy yelled at her, “That’s even more retarded! You can’t just name something from history!”
            Shirley rolled her eyes. “Oh my god, why not?”
            Venus giggled. “Why not the Terris? It combines both ‘Ferris’ and ‘Titanic’.”
            Shirley groaned. “Hmph… Why does the name ‘Titanic’ only have one letter in ‘Terris’…”
            “DOES IT MATTER?!” Huy said angrily.
            Omar stood next to William. “Yessenia, you said you wanted to know more about the myth of revival in Elsiya, right? We can talk in the control room while I steer the ship.”
            William shook his head. “We both know all about it.”
            “Oh, yeah that is right. Take us to the control room, if you do not mind.” Said Yessenia. The group of three began heading to the floors down below.
            At the ship’s deck, Venus was minding her own business, sitting on a beach chair while Shirley, Huy, and Peter all looked out at the sea. Peter tried to find the Druskane Continent every other moment, “Hm… So, our goal is to go to Crestwood?”
            Shirley took off the scrunches from her hair. Her hairstyle was back to the usual again. “Apparently Matt and Alex disappeared off somewhere. Those two are always so clumsy, especially Alex. In middle school, he would always mess up in labs and PE and everything.”
            Huy shivered. “Matt is kind of scary. He used to throw tantrums in middle school which made me very scared of him. One time, there was this guy named Jason who seemed to bother Matt. Jason didn’t really do anything wrong. It was just his existence. A simple ‘hi’ made Matt annoyed.”
            Shirley remembered the first few moments the three of them began talking to each other.
~~~
            Huy did not know Santi and Danny, but he spoke up about Matt, “Are you really going to second period lunch? I have to sit alone with… these people.” He looked at Shirley, specifically.
            Shirley gave him an attitude, “What?~”
~~~
            Shirley began laughing obnoxiously. “Gahaha! Look at you now. You’re always around me. Can’t get enough of Shirley, huh?”
            Huy wanted to punch her but she was a girl. “You know what? I was nice only to Matt back then because I was afraid. But sometimes, I can see a little despair in him.”
            Shirley became serious. “What do you mean by ‘despair’?”
            Peter listened carefully. Huy went on, “He lost a friend… But Alex, compared to Matt, seems just fine about it.”
            “Matt must be more sensitive. We’ll just have to help him become open to others more! Our goal right now is to get them back, along with stopping Tony! (And getting the Telsi formula too.)” Shirley said with pride. Huy agreed with her for once.

            At the end of the Browe Pass, Matt, Alex, and Rowen arrive at the Teliah Valley which was covered in purple mist. Nix is still hiding in Matt’s spirit. Rowen took a step in front of Matt and Alex. “Stand back.”
            “What are you going to do- AHHH!” Alex yelped while Rowen blasted an enormous amount of flames out of his hands. Matt was amazed. The flames did not burn any of the trees. The purple mist dispersed.
            Rowen turned around. “That was the poison mist that would kill anybody who tried to cross. The Peridot soldiers did this to try and stop any intruders from walking on foot. Now, let us go.”
            Matt said quietly, “He controlled what the fire could burn…”
            “The trees are perfectly fine…!” Alex added.
            “I’m not surprised…” Nix murmured to itself.
~~~
            In the control room, Omar began steering the ship by pressing many buttons. Yessenia was surprised. “When did you change clothes so fast?”
            Omar laughed. “I keep an extra outfit for each job I have! No worries.”
            William said in awe, “How many jobs do you have…?”
            Yessenia changed the subject. “Anyway, can you two tell me more about the Druskane Continent, the Peridot soldiers, and the revival theory itself?”
            William began, “Oh, right! The Druskane Continent is where we are going to right now. Crestwood and Dalstidia are the main trade cities while Tigre Village is where all the crops are being made. There are a bunch of Tigre species though.” He showed the village on the map. “See here?”
            Yessenia commented on the village, “Is ‘Tigre’ spelled wrong?”
            “In Elsiya, the tiger race is called ‘Tigres’. They are noble and they act like amazons, and even the male Tigres are barbaric. This connects to the Peridot soldiers. Over many generations ago, the Peridot soldiers we ruled by previous students even before El Monte High School opened for teenagers. They say these students were the only ones to surpass the strengths of these Tigres. In our generation, we kind of have to worry that some of our friends might be part of the Peridot soldiers and army.”
            Yessenia was concerned about this. “We just have to beat them down then. Sounds simple.”
            Omar shook his head. “It’s not as simple as you think. These Peridot people were appointed by Rowen, known to be from Class of 2007 with extreme fire powers, way stronger than Matt’s.”
            Yessenia placed her right hand on her chin, “And this Rowen guy is trying to find a way to revive people… but for what purpose?”
            William added, “Maybe to gain more power. The only way to revive dead people could be the miracle of the Telsi potion.”
            Yessenia gasped. “Could this be?” She said to herself. “That Telsi potion… is the same thing that Shirley and Huy were aiming for!”
            William lastly added, “They would be searching for a miracle. You need the formula because the potion is not directly handed to you. You have to make the potion with special ingredients. The Tigres know all about this though, not us.”
            Yessenia sighed. “I guess we will have to go there eventually before Rowen gets his hands on the formula.”
~~~
            A girl with greenish hair was standing in the night sky. She looked up with bangs covering her dark and mysterious eyes. “Oh… they are coming here, aren’t they?”
            Another boy was next to her, standing on a crate. “Hah! Those guys? Man, I haven’t seen them in a long time. I wonder if Matt brought over some hot girls? Aren’t you excited to see his new friends, cousin?!”
            “Sure, whatever.” She suddenly changed her deep tone to a giggly tone. “As long as I have my adorable cute little widdle Changmin ball, I’m happy!” She began petting her tennis ball. “Don’t you agree, Changmin baby?”
            The boy rolled his eyes. “You creep me out sometimes, cousin…”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Yessenia: We should be about halfway there.
Venus: You know… I wonder why you’ve been such a serious person.
Yessenia: M-Me? I do not know what you are talking about…
Shirley: Wh-Who is that?!
Omar: Attack her!
Peter: Charge!!
???: You two are so unorganized. I must tell you of our journey.
William: This is slightly amusing just watching those guys fight.
Omar: The number of students that Jaime mentioned before seems a little strange and off…
Venus: We’re on our way to the Druskane Continent! Next time on episode 168, Venus and Yessenia’s Bond, Avoiding the Slippery Slope!

0 comments:

Post a Comment