Saturday, June 16, 2012

Episode 166 - To the Druskane Continent, Matt and Alex Depart!

As the protagonist group entered Wisteria, all of them have split apart into several groups, each fighting different antagonists of Wisteria. Alex and Van had a draw while Peter and Maggie agreed to put their complications aside. Amy and Jenny have taken a rest from their battle while William lost against Shirley and Huy through their bond. Lastly, Yessenia and Omar had a crucial battle where Yessenia had to use all her might in order to win. Matt and Shirl therefore concluded their own battle after Shirl had come to her senses. At this moment, Alex used a forbidden spell that could possibly injure his magical essence. Cataclysm was the name of the spell. In the end, Matt decided to save Wisteria even after knowing that the whole city is in complete ruin! Sadly, Tony escaped, but the group was now able to take a long rest before the next journey begins.
Episode 166 – To the Druskane Continent, Matt and Alex Depart!

            Matt, Alex, and Michael were standing face-to-face with Rowen at the pier of Wisteria. Michael said to Matt, “Are you being ridiculous? What kind of a person believes somebody else, about the idea of a dead person actually being alive? The chances of that are really low!”
            Matt was still shaking. He was completely confused now. “I-I don’t know what to think anymore…! How should I know? It won’t even hurt to go with him.”
            “And how do you know he’s not going to do anything suspicious?”
            Matt whispered, “His eyes. They’re in despair.” He remembered when he saw Rowen at the Death Maze. “Back then, I met him once before. He wanted to stop Tony from continuing the Pendulum of Time. You think a bad guy would go against Tony?”
            Michael argued, “Do you know why more people, other than Tony, want the Pendulum of Time? It is the holder of many elemental crystals!”
            Matt froze. “What…” He still took another step forward. “At least he’ll use those powers to help find Santi. Now that you mention Santi’s possible existence, it could also make sense. He sacrificed himself, but his body was nowhere to be found. Where else could he be?”
            Rowen answered him, “By the way, your other friend Jennifer mentioned that she was able to find some traces of Mariel’s existence.”
            “Mariel is alive too?” Matt was amazed.
            Alex clapped his hands together. “Are you serious?”
            Michael said to the two of them, “Are you two for real? What kind of idea is that? Two people, who are already gone from Earth, being alive?”
            Nix appeared out of Matt’s soul again. “Matt! I’m telling you, even as your helper, not to go to that guy!”
            Rowen casted a dark flame all around the group of four, but it was only close to Michael and Nix. Matt and Alex were in between Michael and the bird, Nix. “You two are too noisy.”
            Matt turned around, “Nix! Michael!”
            Michael created a shield with his eyebrow. “Damn it. Hair is not really effective to the flames.”
            Nix blew fire at the flames. “I’m only making it larger! Ahh!”
            “What should I do?!” Michael asked himself in a panic.
 ~~~
            Back at the group, Amy was bandaging the last person, Huy. “All done!”
            Huy smiled. “Thanks, Amy!”
            Venus sat nearby them, wondering to herself, “I wonder where Jaime is? He hasn’t even showed up ever since we left the highway.”
            Bunhong pointed a finger up high, “He must be paying for his sins elsewhere. As a true hero, his way of thinking is noble!!”
            Venus punched him, “You and your stupid heroism!!”
            Yessenia answered, “Actually, that is somewhat close.” She turned away and remembered her conversation with Jaime before they left the highway.
 ~~~
            Van high-fived Maggie, “Yay! He’s gone!” She said happily. They both cheered together.
            Jenny grinned. “We shouldn’t be partying yet, you two… Tony is in the Druskane Continent and we are not sure who should go over there to stop him. Most of us are exhausted from our last battle.”
            Yessenia shook her head. “That is right. We cannot take everybody to the next continent. Things will only get worse. Who knows what lies ahead in the Druskane Continent.” She noticed Jaime was sneaking away. “Hey…”
            Jaime jumped. “Wah- Argh… you noticed.”
            “You think I would not notice someone like you sneaking away? What are you doing anyway?”
            Jaime looked away in shame. “I have done so many bad things just to show Tony that I had the highest potential. It was a really stupid idea after all…”
            “In the end, you could not kill a person. That is all that matters, right?”
            “Yeah but, still… I can’t show my face around you guys. It is shameful. I want to prove to you guys that I am not that kind of person.” Jaime said. Yessenia began to listen carefully. Jaime continued, “If I can stop Tony, everything will be over. Besides, when the challenges against the other schools arrive, we’ll just choose the best known students that we have already. That is you and Omar.”
            Yessenia laughed. “Aha, do not forget Matt and yourself.”
            “Us? Why?”
            “Friendship and bonds. You two seem to care about your friends a lot. You see, I noticed that the strength in your power is not only based on knowledge. It is the fact that you two care about others and would put your own lives at risk just to save your friends. This is a bond, a bond that cannot be broken and messed with.”
            “Friendship…” Jaime repeated. “Ah…”
            “But anyway, I get that you are heading to the Druskane Continent alone?”
            “I will go there first. You guys can go later. If you’ve noticed, most of you guys are pretty beat down. I’m almost fine, so I can get through the next continent on my own. For now, you guys need to rest up. And by the way, don’t tell anybody about what I’m actually doing next.”
            “Stopping Tony?”
            “Shhhh.” Jaime whispered. “Peh.” Jaime jumped off the highway and then he bounced off a few more boulders leading to the Wisterian ground.
            “There he goes…” Yessenia said quietly to herself.
 ~~~
            Yessenia began chuckling to herself. The trio-sisters stared at her in fear. Van was speechless. She said in a slow tone, “She’s… laughing…”
            “How often do you get to see that?” Maggie whispered.
            Jenny scratched her head. “Eheh…”
            Alice looked around. “Ah? Where’s Matt?”
            Venus joked, “Oh? Aww you miss him!~”
            Alice tried to slap her. “Shut up, shut up, shut up!”
            Venus jumped away, laughing obnoxiously. “HAHAHA!!”
            Alice mocked her, “W-Well you know what? At least I’m not the one with the monster dress!”
            Venus suddenly became furious. “What did you say?!” Her head grew with a dark aura all around her.
            “She’s angry.” Peter rolled his eyes.
            Venus turned her head to Omar like a broken wooden doll. “Ooooomaaaaarrrr!!!”
            Omar hid behind Peter. “I did not choose her dress. Just saying.”
            “Oh geez…” Peter placed his paw over his forehead in shame.
            “But seriously, you guys! Matt, Jaime, Michael, Nix, and that Alex guy are gone…”
            Huy patted his bandage and then he stood up. “I think they’re all at the pier. Alex went to find him while Michael and Nix seemed to have run off randomly. I don’t know about Jaime…”
            Yessenia crossed her arms and began thinking. “We do not need to worry about Jaime. I am sure he is fine. As for the other four… I have no idea what is going on. Before we decide to split up, we must set up a plan in groups.”
            Everyone began to bunch up together. Amy, Bunhong, Venus, Huy, Shirley, Van, Maggie, Jenny, Omar, Peter, Alice began listening. William and Shirl were standing further away from the group since they were still ashamed about fighting against other students just for Tony.
            Yessenia stood up on a log. “Listen, everybody!”
            “Why are you standing on a log?” Peter questioned.
            “It is cooler this way.” Yessenia made a joke. Everyone was silent. “…Fine. Anyway, since time is running short, we have to speed up our search in Wisteria along with the Druskane Continent. We want half of us to go to the next continent, but we also want the other half to help rebuild Wisteria.”
            “So who should stay?” Amy raised her hand. “I’ll be the first to volunteer staying to support any injured person found in Wisteria.”
            Bunhong elbowed her, “That’s right! Amy’s known to be a great support for injured people. Such a hero!” He laughed, causing Amy to blush. “So, I’ll stay with her.”
            Venus rolled her eyes. “Wow shut up with that hero stuff already.” She took a few steps forward towards Yessenia. “I want to go to the Druskane Continent. I have so many reasons. One, to escape Bunhong’s heroic comments, two, to explore the next continent, and three, I want to find… someone. (Johnny… you better be over there somewhere.)”
            Van held Maggie and Jenny’s hands. “We are still pretty weak from our previous fight. I don’t think having a bunch of girls would be a good idea for a monster takeover like the Druskane Continent.”
            “Especially that stupid Grand Cradle has been activated.” Maggie added. Jenny only giggled, having nothing else to say.
            Omar and Peter said at the same time, “Joey might be at the next continent!”
            Shirley stood in front of them. “What is this about ‘Joey’? I want to go too!”
            “You’re a girl, it’s a bit dangerous.” Huy joked.
            Shirley whacked him with her pole weapon, “Shut up!”
            Huy was on the ground with a huge bruise. “I’m sorry…”
            Amy kneeled down to bandage his head. “Oh no! Are you okay?”
            Shirl was blushing. “I know I shouldn’t have an opinion, but can’t I just reverse the time of Wisteria?”
            Yessenia shook her head. “That is a good idea, but it requires a lot of energy. Besides, that does not save people from death.”
            Everyone became silent. It was kind of awkward to publicly talk about the many deaths that occurred in Wisteria. Shirl giggled the awkwardness away. “Eheh, then I can stay here and help around with Amy anyway. Who needs these Chrono powers?”
            Alice placed her hands on her hips. “Well I have no point in going since I don’t have powers. I might as well stay!”
            Yessenia agreed with her. “Good. Michael would want you to stay away from powers as much as possible anyway.”
            “You don’t need me?!” Alice squealed.
            Venus answered her, “You asked for it…”
            “Shut up, you!”
            Huy got back up and then he patted Shirley on the shoulders, “And I guess I’ll protect this little rotten girl.”
            “What did you call me?! I’m like a female warrior. I don’t need your help.”
            “Just like when you almost got attacked in the Ogre Forest?”
            Shirley blushed. “Oh whatever then.”
            Yessenia looked at Venus, “I also need to look for someone at the Druskane Continent.” She thought about Jaime. “I feel my quest is not over. By the way, we just need confirmation from one more person.” She pointed at William, “You.”
            Everyone turned around. Nobody really noticed that William was around. He was quiet for the most part. William looked at everyone. “Eh? Eh?? Me? Uh…” The other students waited for his response. “I guess… I’ll go too. I just feel like it might be fun to go, I don’t know.”
            “Aww, boss! You don’t want to stay with your trio-sisters?”
            William smiled. “I’ll try to remember you guys. Don’t worry.”
            Maggie placed her hands on her hips. “Hmph! ‘Try’, he says!”
            Jenny giggled it off again. “Now, now…”
            Yessenia turned to the pier, “Alright, then it’s settled! We might as well head over there now, the seven of us. The rest of you who are staying should stay behind and start helping out the people who are injured. Remember, do not leave Wisteria. We are going to try and gather all students from around the World of Elsiya into one place – preferably here, since we got about half of the students already.” The students who decided to stay in Wisteria all agreed and they headed around the whole city.
 ~~~
            Rowen pointed at Matt, “If you come with me, I’ll make those flames go away.”
            Matt scratched his head. “Well, that’s more of a reason to go with you.”
            Michael gasped. “But Matt!”
            Matt whispered, “Don’t worry. If he does something stupid, I’ll just stop him.”
            Michael clenched his fists. “You don’t understand how strong he is! He is the only one who won in the class of 2007 challenges.”
            Matt argued, “Well, we we’re able to stop you too, and you won the class of 2009 challenges. Same goes for him.”
            “But… Ergh…” Michael had nothing else to say.
            Nix frowned. “Matt… This is a bad idea…”
            Rowen made the portal larger, “It’s still free to go.”
            “Where are we going anyway?”
            Rowen chuckled. “To the Druskane Continent, ov course.”
            Matt began walking forward. “Fine. I’ll go.”
            Alex watched them carefully. He seemed pretty calm throughout the whole situation for some reason. As Matt was very close to the portal, Alex ran as quickly as possible. “NOW!” He said to himself. He began to run towards Matt.
            Matt turned around slowly, “Eh?”
            Michael jumped. “DAAH! What are you doing?!”
            Rowen tried to throw more flames but he missed when Alex used and Aqua Tornado. He grabbed onto Matt’s shoulder, “Come with me!” Alex tried to drag Matt to the side of the portal and away from it.
            Matt struggled with him. “Get off of me! Stop that!” They both began to physically pull onto each other’s clothing until Matt made his fists burst into flames. Alex yelped in pain and then he slipped into the portal, followed by Matt.
            “AHHHH!!!!” They both yelled together. Nix vanished into Matt’s soul as a result of Matt being sent into the portal towards the Druskane Continent.
            Rowen’s expression was still emotionless. “Hmph. Looks like I carried over somebody else as well.” He took sight of Michael, “And you! You know way too much about my past. So, stay out of this.”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Venus: We’re finally on the ship! This is so exciting!
Shirley: Um… about Matt and Alex…?
Huy: Matt scares me!
Shirley: That explains why you were so scared of him before.
Huy: B-Be quiet!
Rowen: We are in the Browe Pass. Any questions?
Matt: It’s hot.
Alex: I don’t want to be here.
Rowen: Wonderful questions. Let’s go.
Matt: I just want to revive Santi… come on, take me to wherever you’re going to take me already! Next time on episode 167, Landing on the Browe Pass, All Aboard the Terris Ship!!
???: Oh Changmin ball!~ You know me so well.~~~

0 comments:

Post a Comment