Once the
Potrero Arc came to a close, the protagonists change their party and split into
three large groups. Amy’s group stayed behind in Wisteria to restore the city,
although Shirl’s powers are widely weakened to reverse the city’s wealth.
Meanwhile, Matt and Alex are sent to the center of the Druskane Continent where
they are now headed into the Teliah Valley. The third group, Yessenia and the
group are headed to the west side of the Druskane Continent by ship. However,
something seems to be in there way, or someone…
Episode 168 – Venus and Yessenia’s Bond, Avoiding the
Slippery Slope
In
the Teliah Valley, Matt and Alex are shaking uncontrollably. This valley was
like a death valley! There were remains of bones and even vultures dropped by
to pick at some of the bones. Some even attempted to attack the group but Rowen
easily burnt them away. Instead of burning into something like fried chicken,
they only shattered to ashes. This was an even worse sight for Matt and Alex.
Rowen
said with a creepy evil smile, “Now that that’s done, we’ve got something else
to take note of. Follow me. We will be going to a small spring in the Cranium
Heights that connects to the Greyton Oasis.”
Alex
clapped his hands together. “Finally, somewhere fun!”
Rowen
continued moving on. Matt said to Alex, “I like how he ignores our responses
most of the time even if you say some stupid things…”
Alex
pushed him. “What ‘stupid’ things?!”
~~~
On
the Terris, Yessenia makes her way onto the deck. It is windy, but peaceful out
in the seas. She fixes her hair, making sure that most of it goes behind her
ear. “Hm…” She thought to herself. “It has not been this peaceful in quite a
while…” She held onto the metal bars on the edge of the ship. “I cannot see the
Druskane Continent anywhere yet.”
“Of
course. It has been a few hours since we took off. Give it about 45 more
minutes or so.” Venus interrupted her peace.
Yessenia
looked at Venus from head to toe. “Why are you wearing a swim suit… Your… um…
Stuff is a bit too revealing.”
Venus
crossed her arms. “Oh hmph! You’re always dressed with so much security. You
know, you’re always serious and stuff.” She began giggling.
“And
why are you always so joyous?”
She
grabbed onto the metal bars as well. “If this world has no joy, then what’s the
point of living? Instead of worrying all the time, I decide to act foolish here
and there to keep the spirit in our group running. Maybe you need to loosen
up.”
Yessenia
blushed. “What do you mean?”
“You
speak with grammar like some person in their Victorian Era!”
“I
do not.”
“You
sound out every word you can possibly say.”
“Is
it a bad thing?”
“Not
really but it just makes you seem intimidating. Here, say ‘you are’.”
“You
are? Why?”
“Now
say ‘you’re’! Hehe.”
“Why
do I need to say ‘you’re’?”
“See!
I’m just saying you can talk easier when you can say whatever you want! Just
know that it doesn’t mean you should get crappier at English and grammar.”
Yessenia
was silent. She chuckled a little. “I was once like you.”
“Huh?
But…?”
“These
powers… everything about it made my sister become in danger. I had to protect
her. I had to become more serious.”
“Oh…”
Venus only had a younger brother. “I see… But, you shouldn’t be serious all the
time just because of that. Come on. Let’s run around the ship!” She grabbed
onto Yessenia’s arm and they began running up the steps and back down around
the ship in a circle. Yessenia was actually laughing out loud.
~~~
After
several minutes towards Crestwood, the ship’s Ferris wheel mast begins to slow
down. Peter could sniff a strange presence. “Hey, something’s wrong.”
Shirley
and Huy stopped grabbing onto each other in anger. “What is it?” Shirley asked.
Peter
looked at Shirley and Huy. “I can sense someone else nearby us.”
The
ground suddenly became slippery below Shirley, Huy, and Peter. Shirley screamed
from her fall. “Ahhh! What the heck?”
Yessenia
and Venus turned around and noticed that there was a commotion going on.
William was in the control room helping Omar. “What’s going on up there?”
“I
don’t know… Let’s stop the ship for now and see what’s happening.” They both
ran towards the deck.
A
curly-haired girl appeared on the metal bars in front of everybody now. “That
was my mistake, hmhm.” She said with sarcasm.
Shirley
recognized her. “Guadalupe! You’re friends with Jennifer and Brandon, right?”
She began feeling excited. “I remember you helped us back then in Edmund!
Thanks for that, haha.”
Guadalupe,
Lupe for short, crossed her legs and placed her elbow on her knee. “Hrm. That’s
true. It has been awhile, perhaps several months, almost half a year since that
incident.”
Shirley
pointed a finger on her mouth and then she looked up, thinking about the time.
“Time sure has passed hasn’t it?”
Lupe
smiled at her. “Yes. Well, I do not want to fight any of you right now.”
“Fight?”
Yessenia gasped. “Why would you want to do that?”
“I
was called in by Rowen that Brandon and Jennifer are going to take part in a
battle to stop you guys. I was ordered to do that too, on behalf of the Peridot
soldiers.”
Huy
got angry. “Why don’t we just fight you now?” Instead of punching Lupe, Huy
decided to push her over the metal bars without actually physically hurting
her. “We’ll stop you right now!” He crouched down with his boosting powers.
Shirley
tried to stop him, “W-Wait, what are you doing?!”
Peter
also went against him. “That’s reckless!”
Huy
boosted himself off the ground and then he flew towards Lupe. Lupe suddenly
jumped up and flew down onto the deck as if she was using an umbrella to float.
Huy’s arms touched the metal bars and then he slipped off the ship. Omar and
Peter jumped off the ship to save him. Yessenia was amazed. “That power…!”
Lupe
stood before everybody. “I really don’t want to fight. Instead, I’ll slow you
guys down, if you all don’t mind.” She crossed her arms and then the whole
floor was slippery. Yessenia, Venus, Shirley, and William all slipped onto the
wooden deck. “You know, lots of things have changed since the beginning of the
school year.”
Yessenia
was on her bottom down. “Ergh… what is your goal as a Peridot soldier?!”
Venus
whispered, “Remember, loosen up! Tehe.”
Yessenia
rolled her eyes, “That’s not the time for this…”
“You
did it!” Venus said with happiness.
Lupe
answered her, “Rowen wants to revive our friend, Mariel, with the Telsi
potion.”
Shirley’s
ears vibrated. “Did I hear ‘Telsi potion’?!”
Yessenia
sighed, “Here she goes.”
The three men
began climbing back onto the ship all drenched in water. The group of three
stood up with ease. “Hm??” William was thinking to himself.
Shirley
stood up but she slipped again. “Ow! Geez. Fine, I’ll just talk on the ground.”
William
thought again, “Hmmmm…”
“Earlier
you mentioned Brandon, right?” Yessenia grabbed the bars nearby her to stand
up.
“Yes,
Brandon Mares.” Lupe responded.
“So
he’s safe after all…” Yessenia blushed again.
“Oooh~
You like that rockstar-looking dude?” Venus teased. The mood suddenly changed
into a joke.
Shirley
added on, “No no, I think he looks more like a basketball player.”
Venus
started clapping hands with Shirley, “Oh my gosh, you think so too? He looks
like a movie star as well.”
“Right,
right? Hehehehe.” They began giggling.
“SHUT
UP!!!” Yessenia was enraged in darkness. She suddenly said in a normal tone as
the two girls were crying, “Brandon has been my friend since elementary school.
He has never really changed his hairstyle. I guess that’s what makes him
different from all of us.”
“Ohhh,
so you’re closer to him than we are.” Lupe said. “I suggest you have a word
with him. He’s very into being loyal for the Peridot soldiers, more than
Jennifer and me. Time is running. I should get going. Toodles!~”
Huy
tried to run for her but she jumped off the ship herself. Shirley and Venus
yelped out loud, “EHHHHHHHH??!!??!”
Peter
and Omar ran over to the metal bars to see what happened to her. Peter pointed
at Lupe. “Look! She’s running on water!”
The
slippery floor eventually wore off as Lupe was running further away from the
ship. William stood up with an interested expression. “I noticed her weakness,
in case you guys want to beat her up next time.”
Shirley
and Peter yelled at him at the same time, “No!!”
William
continued with a smile and his eyes still closed, “Anyway, her effectiveness on
her powers eventually weakens as she moves further away from you. Also, it
seems as if her powers are to make herself or anything around her as slippery
as possible. As you can see, water canceled it out when these three barbaric
boys helped Huy back onto the ship.”
“What
did you call us?!” Huy said in anger.
“Ah,
now that is unique. If we happen to find her, the girls can take care of her.”
“That’s
right! Next time, we’ll get her!” Venus said in a revengeful tone.
Shirley
cried, “But, but…”
Omar
went on about the Peridot soldiers. “And she mentioned Brandon… That reminds me
of something.”
~~~
"Why
didn't you tell me before? I would have gladly taken the panda transformation.
That's awesome!"
"THAT'S
NOT THE POINT!" Jaime yelled. "You are all experiments to Tony's
trial. He is giving plentiful of elemental crystals and we are to distribute it
to many of the students of El Monte. The problem is that Tony accidentally
scattered all of the students that he has taken from most of our Biology
class."
Omar tried
to remember his Biology class. "And who are these students?"
"If I
remember correctly..." Jaime said as he began putting together the mental
images of groups of students. "There are 31 from El Monte, most of which
came from Biology class. First off, the Columbia students: Kalpesh, Stan, Huy,
Matt and Jen are all bounded to this world. Kranz: Venus, Winny, Lupe, and Amy
(C). Madrid: you, Shirley (C), Joey, Alex, Sharon, Danny, and Bunhong. Rio
Hondo: Yesssenia and Jon. There is a girl named Julie whom I cannot decipher
about her past, same with Joseph. And lastly, Potrero: Tony, William, Van, Jenny,
Jennifer, Shirley (M), and myself. There are four who came here alternatively:
Alice, Peter, Maggie, and Michael. This is the story. We must gather everyone
and inject them with the strongest powers!"
~~~
Omar
was looking at his thinking bubble above himself. “Hm… Brandon doesn’t seem to
be on that list.”
Peter
stared at him. “Oiy, how do you remember all of these students…”
“You
also have to keep in mind that this is from our Biology class. I could remember
Brandon as one of the main, notable ones not in that class because of his
luscious hair.”
“Rockstar
hair.” Venus corrected him.
“Moviestar
hair.” Shirley added.
Yessenia
said with her darkened aura, “WHAT DID I SAY EARLIER?” The two girls began
crying again. Yessenia changed her tone again, “Still, Lupe said he’s very
loyal to the Peridot soldiers and Rowen’s orders. If Rowen is ordered to attack
us, would he still be loyal even if I am involved?”
Huy
patted her on the shoulder, “Don’t worry! If anything goes on, just know that
we all have each other.”
Peter
said to the group, “Although our group doesn’t seem to get along well…” As a
result of what Peter said, Huy moped away in sadness.
~~~
Lupe
was rushing back to Crestwood, the first city when landing on the Druskane
Continent. She had a worried expression on her face. Lupe said to herself, “I
am very terrified of the situation, to be honest. I worry about them, those who
are on that ship right now. I also worry for myself, who is definitely bound to
get in trouble once Rowen finds out that I let them go.” She began to grab onto
her own arms with alternating hands. “I am only a trapped woman who is forced
to take orders and there is nothing I can do about it…” She began crying,
thinking about how it all began.
~~~
Jennifer and Lupe fell onto the Tigre
Village with many tigres roaming around freely. Lupe felt her bottom, “Ouchies,
that hurt.” She quickly got up and was alert about the situation. “Jennifer,
Jennifer look around you!”
Jennifer opened her eyes and she
noticed that there were many anthromorphed tigres walking around with crates
and large buckets of water. “Wh-Wh-What in the world?!”
Rowen opened his arms out to the
both of them, “I’ve heard about you two.”
Lupe stood in front of Jennifer,
“Who are you?”
“My name is Rowen from the class of
2007. You two are Jennifer and Lupe, correct?”
Jennifer clenched her teeth. “Tch,
stalker.”
“Not really. You two are known for
drama plays, no? Your advisor was the woman I worked for back-stage. I helped
out a lot and have been watching your school plays. But listen, you two are
stuck here for eternity.”
Jennifer’s heart skipped a beat.
“E…ternity?! Where the hell are we?!”
Rowen laughed. “Haha! You are in
Tigre Village, in another world of Elsiya.”
Lupe began feeling scared. She held
onto Jennifer’s left arm. “I’m scared, Jennifer.”
Jennifer said angrily, “Well I’m
not. That guy needs to answer some questions!” The two girls were facing him in
the middle of the whole village where all the tigres eventually watched them.
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Lupe:
Our story is not over. You guys are not the only ones binded in the world of
Elsiya.
Jennifer: I’m not liking this slave-work at all! We have to escape!
Lupe:
But Rowen can help us if we stay.
Shirley: William!~ Let’s go shopping!
William:
Yes! My favorite!
Huy:
Is he being serious?
Peter:
I think we should go find Joey. Omar, let’s go.
Omar:
Yes sir!
Peter:
S-Sir…?
Matt:
Thuy!! An old friend of ours back in Columbia! How are you doing?! Next time on
episode 169, Docked on Crestwood, the Spirit of Columbia!




0 comments:
Post a Comment