Saturday, August 25, 2012

Episode 181 - Jen's Detached Friendship, Climbing the Trinity Top

The whole group was split into three and the main focus is now based on the Druskane Continent. Yessenia’s group finally reached the village themselves. The Peridot soldiers are trapped in a bind against Yessenia’s group to protect the village and its slavery. Meanwhile, Shirley and Huy entered the underground portion of the hideout only to become caved in by monsters. Shirley escapes and finds a book about the Telsi Potion. However, Jennifer appears with a gun. Huy also makes way to find Christine. And to add up more complications, Matt and Alex decided to battle each other! At this point, the main group split into two to catch up to Rowen, but Whistel Continent is much more complicated to deal with. From here, Yessenia’s group was able to locate Jen and Joseph, but there are more people who are missing on this continent.
Episode 181 – Jen’s Detached Friendship, Climbing the Trinity Top

            Jen slammed her hands onto the table in anxiety. She wanted to know what happened to all of her friends. “You say Matt is safe somewhere… And then claim that you were in the same situation as Stan and Kalpesh? Please, tell me more!”
            Alex scooted his chair away from her. “You’re in a hurry, aren’t you…”
            Jen began crying. “It has been months since I’ve seen my friends! It is as if… they all left me.”
            Venus stopped poking the cattle outside. She turned around and began listening to the conversation, noticing that Jen mentioned the same problem that Venus had with the guys who had left her in the past. Alex decided to tell the story, “Like I said, I’ve been nearby a village which you guys claim as Halka Village.”
            Yessenia took out a map. “That is the southernmost area of the Whistel Continent.”
            Alex continued, “And, the soldiers took me to Wisteria which is east of here, or you can also say it is on the opposite end of the map that Yessenia has.”
            “And you’ve never seen them at all along the way?” Jen was eager for answers.
            “Not at any point.” Alex said.
            “So, they must be at the Marconian Continent…” Jen frowned. “I want to meet them again…”
            Yessenia agreed with her. “We have to find every single El Monte student before we leave anyway. Right now, we need to go down south into the Carapel Road, and then to the White Road.”
            “The White Road?!” Joseph panicked.
            Yessenia and Alex turned to him. “What is it?” Alex wondered.
            “That place has one of the heaviest storms here on the Whistel Continent. Our old friend Julie… once lived with us. She never returned ever since.”
            Yessenia remembered Julie from her own past memory. “I’ve spoken to her a few times before. Are you serious about her disappearing?!”
            “Yes! She is one of the most knowledgeable students for El Monte too. I cannot believe she did something so reckless.”
            Alex sighed. “If only Matt was here, he could disperse the-…”
            Yessenia tapped his shoulder. “I can handle it.” She did not want to mention their elemental powers.
            Joseph stood up. “Now hold on. Are you two trying to go through there too? It’s completely dangerous!”
            Jen placed pieces of cheesecakes on their table. Venus listened carefully. Yessenia shook her head, “Of course. I will promise to you. But first, I have a favor to ask of you two.” Jen and Joseph began to listen. “Can you ride our Elvrent ship to the outskirts of Trinity Top? We were about to go there directly, but discovered that Halka Village’s path is quite dangerous for cliff climbing and docking on Trinity Top directly is not going to help us reach the top.”
            “What are we supposed to do at the bottom of Trinity Top then?” Joseph questioned her.
            “In case for emergencies and if something happens, we will drop down to the bottom of the cliff and back onto our Elvrent ship. Sadly, as you say, the White Road is dangerous. However, that would mean there is no safe way to actually reach Trinity Top.”
            Alex shivered. “Are we going to put ourselves in danger again?”
            Joseph hesitated for a second but he had no other choice. “We will do it. But, what are you going to do at Trinity Top?”
            “The Bird’s Tear must be there. Someone dangerous is about to get it before us.” Yessenia said.
            “The Bird’s Tear?! I heard about that legend… it can make the sacred Telsi Potion.”
            Jen remembered the library that she went to recently in Aldine City. “Come to think of it… that potion creation sure does sound familiar. I’ve read it in several books.” Jen loved reading books, especially of strange myths such as the Telsi Potion. “Who is this evil man?”
            “He is a stronger version of Matt. I suspect that you know.” Alex said to Jen. From the end of freshman year, Jen had her memory retrieved, but her memory of Matt’s fire powers stayed.
            “About that...” Jen repeated. She knew Joseph did not know. “Yes, I know what you are talking about. So this man you’re chasing…”
            “His name is Rowen.” Yessenia added.
            “Rowen, huh. Well, in any case, we’ll help you two. But Joseph, what are we going to do about this cottage?”
            “We might as well sell it for Elsiyan money.”
            “If we’re about to leave for good… then we might as well make the money useful then.”
            Joseph said to the group of three students, “Listen, once we sell this cottage, we will head over to the bottom of Trinity Top. We’ll wait there for you.”
            Yessenia began to leave the cottage. “That sounds like a plan. Thank you to the both of you. We would not be able to make it through without you.”
            Alex shivered again. “Eugh… so we have to go to a dangerous road…?” He followed Yessenia out of the door, along with Venus.
~~~
            Halka Village… the calmest village in the world since the CORP soldiers had arrived. Matt, Jaime, and Winny successfully arrived on the docks of Halka Village. Lagi wiped her forehead. “That was a dangerous ride! I cannot believe we went through the small storm!”
            Winny hugged her Changmin ball. “Oh thank goodness, we’re free! Were you scared, Changmin?!” There was a moment of silence. “Don’t worry, I know you were scared! I’ll protect you forever.”
            “Uh… aside from that, where should we go next?” Matt asked Telgei.
            Telgei gave Matt an extra Elsiyan map. “You will need this. You see, the dangerous cliff begins on the northwestern end of Halka Village. You have to rush through the village to get there.”
            Lagi became alert of something from behind the bushes. “Hmph. Something’s watching us.”
            Taiger felt the presence as well. “I can sense it. As a tigreman, I have the ability to sense anything that is nearby. You have to be extra careful.”
            Telgei stood by the ship. “I will protect your ship that you call the ‘Terris’. You may go ahead towards the Trinity Top with my two little helpers, Lagi and Taiger.”
            While Winny continued to cuddle with her Changmin ball, Jaime bowed to them. “Thank you. We will be on our way.”
            Matt waved at them. “So, I guess we’ll see you at the bottom of Trinity Top, if possible?”
            “That may appear to be so.” Telgei smiled. The group of five split apart from Telgei.
            “Please be careful, father!” Lagi waved.
~~~
            Near the end of the village, a small crawling spider machine appeared in front of the group of five. Lagi and Taiger stood in front of Matt, Jaime, and Winny. Lagi said in alert, “Hey. Someone is here again.”
            “No, there are two.”
            Matt pointed at the machine, “What is that creepy thing in front?”
            The spider machine aimed at the group with a laser. “Wait, stop it!” Said a familiar voice. Out came Kalpesh from the bushes and Stan tried to reach for Kalpesh’s leg but failed. They both fell out of the bushes.
            Matt’s eyes opened wide. Jaime had his hands on his hips. “Hm. Isn’t that the Catfish guy?”
            “Kalpesh.” Kalpesh corrected him. “It is Kalpesh. People in middle school keep calling me Catfish because they sound the same.”
            Matt became excited. “STAN!!! KALPESH!!!!! WHAAAT!?!” He hugged the two of his friends. “Long time no see! Where were you two the whole time?!”
            “Here, apparently.” Winny said in a serious tone.
            “And where’s Jen?!” Matt said excitedly.
            “She…” Stan was not happy at all. “We split with her at Aldine City… I still hope she’s okay.”
            Lagi pushed Stan away. “Stay away from our humans. Who are you?”
            Stan pointed at Matt, “We’re his best friends.”
            “And this ‘Jen’ girl?” Taiger added.
            “Matt’s girl friend.” Kalpesh answered.
            Lagi blushed. “G-G-G-Girl… FRIEND?!?! That does not make me mad at all!” She ran behind the group and then said to herself, “That… that’s the first step of a relationship!” She spoke to herself as the group continued to talk.
            Kalpesh rolled his eyes. “I meant female friend…”
            “Oh, if only my own tiger man felt that way, I would be in love!”
            Winny threw her Changmin ball at Lagi’s face. “According to my status as a Peridot soldier, you’re still our slave so I suggest you stay quiet.”
            Lagi clenched her teeth. Matt said to Stan, “So, so, you say Jen’s up north!”
            “Yeah, but we tried so much on getting to the north. There were no ships that were strong enough to help us leave. We were going to use the Floyde ship months ago while escaping from these damn soldiers, but it didn’t work. The only choice for us was to live in Halka Village in peace but alone, or as a slave somewhere far away.”
            Kalpesh picked up his spider machine. “According to the weather here in Halka Village, we are in no condition to get to Trinity Top this way. I heard going to Aldine City by foot was the most dangerous thing to do.”
            Jaime pointed at the spider machine, “Hey Catfish, what is that you’re holding?”
            Kalpesh made it vanish into thin air. “The machine? It’s mine. Guess what I learned to do!” He made several small machines appear in front of him. One was the same spider, another was a little robot, and another was a machine girl in a bikini.
            Taiger turned red. “Y-You fiend! Why do you own a girl in that kind of manner?”
            Kalpesh made his machines disappear. “Calm down. I’m just a newbie at this. I practiced how to make them using my Technopathic powers.”
            Matt clapped his hands. “OOH! That sounds awesome! Where did you get it?!”
            “I picked up one of those weird crystal things on the Floyde ship long ago. Stan said that he was looking for the color of his element.”
            Stan raised his hand. “And I found it. Why would I want to change my powers? I got the same one back!” He made a broadsword appear. “It’s still in my possession!”
            Matt clapped his hands again. “Aha! That’s so awesome. We could challenge each other someday and see who is stronger!”
            Stan gave Matt a high-five. “I know!”
            Taiger headed towards the exit. “Now’s not the time to be practicing around though. You said you needed to stop Rowen, yes?”
            Matt became serious. “Oh, yeah.” He examined the Trinity Top from afar. “How do we get up there?”
            Kalpesh made his machines disappear. “You see, I was thinking of making my machines do the work, but I’m just not skilled enough.”
            Matt headed towards the ledges of Trinity Top. “Then let’s just climb it!”
            “That… has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard of, Matt. It’s super dangerous!” Kalpesh warned.
            Winny giggled. “We’ll just have to get creative with our powers then.” She stood in front of Matt. “It looks like parts of the ledges are made of frozen ice. Matt, you can manipulate the shapes with your fire.”
            “Good idea! I’m on it.” Matt began burning parts of the ice. Winny touched part of the ice. “It is also slippery, of course. Kalpesh, what can you do with your machines other than make random weird things?”
            Kalpesh thought about it carefully. “I can create the small things… like…”
            “Anything pointy for our shoes?”
            Kalpesh snapped his fingers. “Aha! Good idea, Winny! I can make spikes for your shoes.”
            Jaime took a step onto the ice with spikes under his shoes. “How do you suppose we prepare for Rowen? He is one of the strongest men alive.”
            The group thought about it for a while. “How about my weapons? I can create any as long as it is in my power range. You guys can use them.”
            “Would you care to come along with us?” Winny offered.
            “Of course!” Stan said.
            “What?! Really? It’s dangerous!” Kalpesh hesitated.
            “If you guys are really afraid, then there is a ship waiting for us at the docks. At any rate, you’re still able to escape. It’s just more dangerous if you follow us.” Winny commented.
            Kalpesh dragged Stan’s sweater. “Hear that? We can board their ship!”
            Stan shook his head. “No…” He looked at Matt and Jaime jumping up the iced ledges. They were joking around while climbing. “I owe a friend for what I have done in the past. I want to help him in return. Heh.”
            Kalpesh grinned. “Stop being so cheesy. Let’s go to the safer route! Hey. Stop walking away!” Stan headed over to the ledges. “Stop this right now! Don’t make me hurt you!” Stan continued walking. Kalpesh eventually followed. “I hate you so much right now.”
            Telgei watched the five students climb up the mountain. “It is going to be an extremely dangerous task especially for you kids…”
            Winny was the last to start climbing. She said to Telgei, “I assume you’re not following us?”
            “I am quite too old to do such adventurous missions. I remember when I was your age… Ah. I’m sorry. I will be heading back to your Terris ship now. We will be waiting at the bottom of Trinity Top.”
            Winny chuckled. “Hm. Alright then. Well, thank you for helping us along the way!”
            And so, the group of five began climbing the Trinity Top, one of the most dangerous mountains in the Elsiyan world…
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Shirley: Phew! It looks like we made our way through Dalstidia and now we are in the Greyton Oasis.
Huy: We’re told that Thuy is the spirit girl, right? Where is she?
Omar: Well I don’t know. Somewhere near an oasis?
Shirley: What can an oasis be doing in a little cave like this?
Peter: Wait a minute. Someone has the power to produce steel.
Shirley: Oh my gosh… it’s him! My best friend!
Alex: While you guys are having fun in an oasis, we’re freezing cold out here!
Venus: You’re complaining? Look at what I’m wearing!
Alex: Well you should have brought a coat with you!
Yessenia: Even I do not think I can last much longer here…
Matt: Where is everybody off to? Next time on episode 182, The Freezing Carapel and White Road, Fight the Leviathan!!
Jaime: We’ve made no progress. This is wonderful news.

0 comments:

Post a Comment