Recently
on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it
still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt,
Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to
the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as
the six members for the challenges, but are they ready? After finishing the
first match, the El Monte students find that they have humiliatingly lost
against all the other four schools. Even worse, one of the members of El Monte
seemed to have mysteriously run away with Benny, a member from Rosemead. Even
after the second and third match, El Monte placed last again! How are they
going to win now?
Episode 227 – Thirteen Contestants, the Coaster
Challenge
As the number of matches has gone by
in the Elemental Challenges, the number of participants has depleted. While
waiting for the fourth riddle, the students had to make a tough decision this
time in order to have only three participants.
Alex became worried. He had hoped
that Sith was not taken out of the challenges yet. “I really don’t know where
the other students go… Venus and Matt… where are they?”
“And we have to take out one more
person.” Jaime commented.
Winny interrupted them, “Before we
start, I have to mention something.” The students began to listen to them. “I
figured that Sammy is not really participating to help stop South El Monte.”
“What do you mean?” Yessenia asked.
“All of the students claim to go against South El Monte, as they say. Although,
it does seem superficial to believe
that each and every one of them would agree to that.”
Winny shrugged. “That’s what I was
thinking. I’m starting to get the feeling that Sammy, with her foretelling
powers, is benefiting herself on something we don’t know about.”
“I know that woman was planning
something strange.” Jaime commented. “It explains why she has been changing the
story around with Romeo and Keith. What exactly is she after though?”
Winny sighed, not knowing either. As
the next riddle made their platform flash bright yellow, Winny examined the
next riddle: “Buckle up. This might be a long ride down. Watch out for
interfering participants.”
“So we’re going to be driving cars?”
said Jaime.
Alex panicked. “Geh! I-I can’t
drive. We’re going to die, not lose!!”
“And what does this have to do with
testing out our elemental abilities?” Yessenia questioned. “It wouldn’t make
sense for these matches to happen if any normal human can participate.”
Jaime pointed at the second half of
the riddle, “It says ‘watch out for interfering participants’. I assume we have
to use long range abilities to attack others while they are driving.”
Winny began to tremble. “This looks
like… I’ll be done with the challenges.”
Alex jumped. “What? Don’t be
ridiculous! I’m the useless one here. I should go next.”
Winny shook her head. “You’re only
saying that because you’re afraid of fighting again. No?” Alex became guilty.
“Alex, you have to go on and help. It seems like you’re most capable of helping
the group anyway, with those water powers. For me, I have Changmin but I don’t
want to risk losing him if I throw him against other targets. And Jaime can use
his shadow powers to alter the way the others play. Yessenia’s already really
strong, so there is no question for her.”
Jaime agreed with her. “I’ll try my
best to stay strong in the challenges. But, are you sure you want to stay out
of the challenges next? You seem to have good deductibility.”
Winny giggled with her giddy
personality. “I know right?!” She then became serious, “There is not that many
secrets left in the challenges. All there is to this is to finish and stop
South El Monte, even if we are humiliatingly last…”
Alex, Jaime, and Yessenia slowly
headed for the next portal. Alex frowned. “Winny, I…”
Winny smiled at them. “Don’t worry.
I’ll be fine – wherever I’m going. However, I just have to say one more thing
before we go. I’ve noticed that there has been this strange guy in the
challenges when we all met before the first match. He had a hood on. Who is
he?”
“Nobody knows.” Yessenia said. “I
saw him in match three, but he did nothing but mind his own business, aside
from Siyun.”
“Then, you better be careful with
him around. Something seems fishy about him.” Winny said. Yessenia agreed with
her and they began to enter the portal.
“Good luck, Winny!” Jaime waved at
her.
Alex called out to her, “We’ll try
our best to stop South El Monte for you and Matt and Venus!!!”
They disappeared and Winny closed
her eyes. “You idiots, I should be the one to say good luck. I’m not really
needed anyway. Please do your best. It’s time for me to go…” There was
something on her mind that bothered her, but she tried not to think about it. She
turned around, not knowing where she’ll end up…
~~~
“When are you going to set me free?!
I want to get out of here already, damn it!” Matt still punched the cell bars.
“I’m tired of messing up everything.” He said, almost about to break into
tears. “I can’t do anything on my own, and I want every way to fix that! Just
let me out!”
“Do you know why you’re in jail?” A
deep voice began to speak.
“What?”
“Do you?” There was an awkward
silence. “It is because you had over 13 El Monte members participate in the
Elemental Challenges.”
“What are you talking about?!”
“The six of you, plus Shirley,
Jenny, Maggie, Jon, Van, and Michael.” A deep voice came closer, holding on to
Michael who was just caught. The man who held Michael had a white helmet on.
His armor was of different style, particularly for a knight guarding the
Elemental Nullos.
“They’re… all here?! But that’s only
twelve total.” Matt answered.
The soldier pointed at Matt’s chest,
“And, Nix.”
Matt’s heart skipped a beat from
surprise. “N-Nix? But he’s a part of my soul! We are just one member!”
“As you can see, members of Arroyo
had taken into account of external help being considered as one extra member,
such as Pochi. The El Monte students have not had the time to read the rules,
haven’t they?”
“Because we were called here
immediately, why else didn’t we have time to read the rules?!” Matt answered
back.
“Of course. The woman who brought
you here – was the one who made sure you didn’t have enough time to read the
rules.” He pushed Michael into the cell in front of Matt’s.
“What woman? There wasn’t anyone who
led us here. It was just me, Yessenia, Jaime, Winny, Alex, and-…” His eyes
suddenly widened from dismay.
~~~
In an
interruption, Venus called out to the three of them, “Oh my gosh! Something is
over at the bridge!”
“We have a
bridge?!” Matt yelped.
Yessenia
rushed on over. No other students heard except Michael and Shirley. Alex and
Matt followed along. Venus and Jaime were running together towards the bridge
and they saw Winny right in front of it.
~~~
Winny
turned to the group, “What just happened anyway?”
“What do
you mean ‘what just happened’? You were standing right here before any of us!”
Alex shouted. “You did something huh!”
Venus
interrupted them, “No, I’m sure Winny didn’t. That doesn’t matter though.
What’s more important is that there is a random bridge that leads to
who-knows-where.”
~~~
Venus began
to rush past the bridge on her own. “Well, if there is a bridge, there’s no
other choice but to go on!”
Alex tried
to stop her. “Venus, wait! Ugh, this is just like the times when she barged out
of the concentration camp and then towards the hideout in Enheizer.”
Yessenia
became confused. “She barges in to that kind of dangerous stuff? When I was in
adventures with her throughout the Druskane Continent, she was extra cautious.”
“Maybe you
didn’t focus on her enough.” Alex said. “Anyway, there she goes. We haven’t
even chosen out six challengers yet…”
Venus waved
from the other side. “We’re not in the challenges yet since nothing is
happening over here! Just come on over already so we can find out what this
bridge was for!” Venus disappeared into the fog.
~~~
Matt still held onto the cell bars,
shaking uncontrollably now. “She… She was… All this time…”
“You were just too single-minded to
realize what she has been doing to your group, all of you did not realize that
at all.” The man said.
Two soldiers ran over to the man.
“Colonel Artemis, we have been informed by the higher officials that you found
the last intruder, Michael, yes?”
“Right. I have been told to deal
with Venus and Benny next. Thank you for your help. We will be interrogating
their progress before the fifth match begins.”
Matt clenched his teeth. “What the
hell? You’re not planning to let us out then?!”
“Oh, we will let all of you
intruders out once the fifth match begins.”
“R-Really?” He smiled. “That’s
soon!”
“Of course. And, we will be giving
your powers back too.” Colonel Artemis said as he began chuckling and heading
towards Venus’s jail cell.
“That’s so awesome! Thanks,
Artemis!” Matt said unprofessionally.
~~~
“Go down that way! ERRAAAGH!!!” Alex
started screaming as loudly as possible. He pointed down towards the southwest
of the path. It seemed that in this match, each school is in one large cart and
one person has to steer the wheel, going down unlimited rails that should lead
every student to the bottom. However, if the cart falls off, the cart will land
on the wrong rail and it could lead them backwards or forwards. Jaime had to
steer the cart in this round.
Jaime began to complain, “Damn it,
why do I have to steer this thing?
I’m not some kind of driver!”
“Because Alex here is afraid and I
have to focus on any other school that plans to interrupt us, as the riddle
suggests.” Yessenia answered him.
“Augh!! Well, our deduction on this
match was way off. We weren’t on separate carts at all! And, and, the rails can
lead to anywhere. Even worse, the bottom below us looks like some kind of dark,
bottomless pit!”
“Any more complaints?” Jaime asked
as he accidentally slipped off the rail.
The El Monte group spotted South El
Monte’s cart. Ghoul stood up and he threw a drone at them. Yessenia casted
Cyclone which shattered the drones in midair, but it also exploded the
surroundings. Both carts made it away from the explosion. Alex examined the
broken rails. “Eek! If we take the wrong rail and it leads us backwards, we’ll
fall into that bottomless pit!”
Yessenia examined South El Monte’s
cart before she drove away. She saw Johan steering while Layla and Ghoul were
behind him. “So they took out McLargo, eh?” McLargo was the same man who
battled Yessenia in the past match, she remembered.
Mountain View’s car past by El
Monte’s group. Romeo told them out loud, “Don’t interfere with El Monte!
They’re good people.” He was steering while Keith agreed to do nothing.
Jaime saw the hooded man. “That’s
the guy that Winny was talking about!”
Yessenia stood up. The wind was
blowing against their carts. “You, just who are you exactly?”
The hooded man stood up without a
word. Alex sneezed. “Eugh. He’s kind of creepy… What has he been doing all this
time, nothing?” The strange man disappeared and then he appeared on El Monte’s
cart. Alex turned around. “W-What the?!” The hooded man kicked Alex off the
cart and then he teleported back into Mountain View’s cart.
Romeo gasped. “Hey, I told you not
to do anything!” He yelled at the hooded man.
Alex was falling off, shouting for
his life. Jaime tried his best to use one of his hands to create a shadow that
could hold him back up. Yessenia casted an Air Tornado below him so he could be
thrown back up while supporting Jaime’s shadow. Luckily, Alex was thrown back
into the cart without any cushion. “Ergffh!” He coughed. “Why me?!”
Yessenia watched as Mountain View’s
cart drove away. “That man… there is no mistaking him. We have all seen his
kind of performance before.”
~~~
After peacefully driving through
their path, El Monte clashed with yet another cart: Rosemead. Sammy pointed at
El Monte and then she whispered something. Alex clenched his fists, “What is
that bastard whispering now?”
“What a nice thing to say to a
woman.” Jaime said sarcastically.
“Does it look like I care about what
she does at this point?!” Alex pointed at her, “You better stay away from us-…
EEEGH!” Siyun suddenly threw a few knives at them.
Yessenia created a Gust Slash in
midair to push back the knives. McLovin was steering the cart. It seemed as
though they had taken Tommy out, but at this point, they are all equally as
strong so it did not matter who left next in their opinion. Sammy then pointed more
at Jaime. Jaime rolled his eyes. “Ah crap. This can’t be good. She’s probably
predicting my death or something.” He joked.
“That’s not funny! You’re the one
steering here!!” Alex panicked again.
Yessenia glared at Siyun. “That
woman thinks she’s strong?”
Alex shivered. “When Yessenia is in
competition with power, things just get even worse…” He began to cry. “We
should have kept Winny over me. I’m so done with all of this.” He whined.
Siyun began to throw more knives
towards Jaime while throwing a strange seal towards Yessenia. Yessenia tried to
guard for herself by casting an Air Tornado and Alex’s Aqua Strike only took
down a few knives. Jaime was slashed on his left arm! Their cart began to
shake!!
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Alex:
W-Wait, wait! I can’t drive. You can’t make me take over!
Yessenia: Siyun cut Jaime’s arm. It is your turn to take the damn
wheel!
Alex:
AUGH! Why do I have to do all of the dirty work?!
Yessenia: Just do not drive fast.
Alex:
What do you mean?
Yessenia: Stop stepping so hard on the pedal!
Alex: Oh crap!
Yessenia: Move it! I guess I have to take the
wheel next.
Jaime: You drive?
Alex: I had no idea…
Matt:
Arroyo is going to clash in this episode. That should be about all of the
schools for this match! Next time on episode 228, Riding with the Wind, Go-Kart
Racing!!
Winny:
Yahoo!!! I wish I could go on a go-kart!!
Alex: This
isn’t fun!


0 comments:
Post a Comment