Recently
on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it
still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt,
Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to
the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as
the six members for the challenges, but are they ready? After finishing the
first match, the El Monte students find that they have humiliatingly lost
against all the other four schools. Even worse, one of the members of El Monte
seemed to have mysteriously run away with Benny, a member from Rosemead. What
does this all mean?
Episode 223 – Sith’s Voice, True Meanings of Life
“Too late? Too late for what?” Jaime
recalled what Romeo told him about living in peace. “There is still time to fix
this, and you know it.”
“There is nothing to fix! There is a
guy in our team who calculates several notions in our living standards. That
means he can predict the near future through estimated calculations on what is
happening now. He cannot predict far enough since that would involve an extreme
amount of calculations.”
“He can calculate the future? How
does that work?”
Romeo became worried, “Every move I
make, he follows up with retaliation. He has the ability to quickly account of
the time of death of plants as long as it is meant to die early.”
“Can’t we just mess with his
calculations by doing unexpected actions?”
“He takes into account of that as
well.”
“This guy sounds pretty annoying,
just as similar as Sammy’s powers. At any rate, I’m sure Juliet is somewhere
safe. We’re on the same boat here. I had a good friend of mine taken away.
Actually… she ran off. It really hurts to know that a friend who has been with
you for over a year suddenly leave.”
Romeo began to cry barbarically.
“You lost someone too?! This is such a tragedy! Oh my. You are such a kind,
young man!”
“Yeah, yeah, whatever. You know
what, you should just leave. I’ll be honest and say we don’t have the key, but
it’s definitely for South El Monte. I’m just here to protect our spot, but it
seems the library is broken and we are for sure to lose this round…”
“Let’s teamwork then! I need someone
to help me, at least for now. After this, we can stay as rivals for as long as
you want.”
“You trust me?”
“I don’t really have anyone else to
trust. The Elemental Challenge is not meant for students from other schools to
entrust their hearts to each other.”
Jaime began to think about how the
challenges have turned these students into savages for victory. It seems as
though he is beginning to see the bigger picture of what is happening to the
students.
~~~
Alex made his way to Rosemead and he
found Sith breaking his way through the floor below Rosemead’s cafeteria. Alex
hid behind the corner of one of the classroom buildings, trying to figure out
what Sith was doing. “What an asshole. He’s destroying that building just so
that Rosemead can los- OH SHIT.” The building suddenly plopped into a small
explosion in front of Sith.
Siyun appeared from the cafeteria.
“You’re smart for a weird insect-looking person! However, I guess I have to…
BUG you.” She did not even chuckle as she said with her monotone voice again.
Alex paused. “Uh… did she just make
a bad joke?”
“Don’t judge insects. I have a
strong sense of smell, and I could sense you hiding within the cafeteria. I can
also smell the key to Arroyo.”
“Smart, aren’t you?” She took out a
kunai knife. “It’s too bad you will lose here.”
Alex began crying behind the
building. “Everyone in this challenge is so scary!” He suddenly became
surprised. “Wait, if that insect guy has a strong sense of smell, then-…!” The
building closest to Alex blasted into pieces right, however Alex was able to
run away. He fell to the ground and Siyun began chuckling.
“Oh my. The little insect found
another bugger.” She joked.
Alex stood up and then he said to
them, “You two can just fight each other. I’ll just go somewhere else.”
Siyun threw her knife at him but
Sith ran quickly towards the knife and then he knocked it over. “Don’t stay
off-topic. Give me your key.”
“You’re bothering me too.” Siyun
glared at him.
Alex headed behind a tree even
further away. Sith and Siyun began picking at each other, one kick after
another. Sith’s speed was significantly faster, but Siyun’s movements were
smoother, so she was able to avoid any of his attacks. She flipped backwards
against the cafeteria’s building which helped her release a few more knives
from her pocket. “This is the end of you!” She claimed.
Sith stabbed more into the ground
below her. Instead of a hand, a large, sundered sword was implemented into
Sith’s arm. “I must do this for my team.”
“You’re very eager to win. I like
that determination. Where did you get it, Goodwill?”
Sith clenched his teeth. “Goodwill
is a place that sells cheap wedding dresses for ten bucks. I don’t have time
for wasteful encounters.” He removed his shadowed goggles. “Well…”
Alex covered his mouth. “What the
heck?! One of his eyes is scarred so terribly!”
“One day, a man who claimed his name
as Dragon appeared and burned my house down. My parents were terribly injured,
and I rushed in and was barely to save them. They were taken to an ambulance
and even now, they are still in the hospital. As for me, I had parts of my body
taken away from me.” Sith explained. Siyun noticed his misplaced arm and eye. “I
felt like all my life was a waste. I resided to suicide, wanting to destroy all
remnants of my existence. But then… two people named Irene and Emmy took me in
as their friend. They were the only ones who believed in me.”
Alex was amazed at how Emmy was
still a helpful person up until today. Siyun giggled, “You’re pretty whiny for
a strong-looking man. Of course you shouldn’t have thought about suicide!
You’ve got a lot of unpredictable life ahead of you. A man to think about
ending it all is no man and is just running away from the chance.”
Alex appeared from behind the tree.
“Hey! That’s no way to tell off a guy who just poured his past to you! What is
wrong with you?”
Siyun threw a knife at the tree
beside him. “Who are you to judge the way I speak?”
“You might think Sith is whiny but
can’t you take into consideration of how he went this far without killing
himself? He chose to live and that should be brave enough!”
Sith said nothing, but he was also
shaking, almost saddened to barely find out that there are others out there who
care. Siyun grabbed more knives from her bag. “What is this, philosophy? I
don’t have time for this.” She threw three more knives towards Alex. Alex tried
to dodge with water even knowing his level of water power cannot dodge it.
Sith ran in front of Alex and took
two knives into each of his arms. Alex opened his eyes in dismay. The knives
suddenly fell and his injuries dispersed. Siyun smiled. “Wonderful. It seems
acting like a bug wasn’t just a performance.”
“The power of insect manipulation?”
Alex asked him.
Sith jumped up quickly. Transparent,
yet small and white wings appeared behind his back which he used to fly towards
Siyun. Siyun teleported above a broken pillar and then she made a hand motion
and called out, “Adamantine!” This caused her armor sharper and Sith was not
able to crack her armor with his replaced arm which resembled a large knife.
“She strengthened her armor and even
his sword thingy didn’t break it!” Alex commented. “So it makes sense now.
Sith’s arms were terribly injured during the fire and it was replaced by a
weapon. How does he even get by in school with that thing?” He wondered.
After several strikes done by Sith,
Siyun was still able to move, but her armor slightly crackled. Siyun kicked him
into the air and then she punched him on the chest. In retaliation, Sith flew
back to the floor and Siyun followed him down with an air punch. The pressure
broke through the ground below Sith but Sith guarded with his arms. Parts of
his skin were shaven off but it was renewed.
“Eep! Gross!” Alex yelped. “Did his
skin just recycle itself?!”
Siyun stood face-to-face with Sith
again, “You fight fast for someone missing an arm.”
“That’s cold!” Alex said from far
away.
Siyun went on, pretending she did
not hear him, “However, don’t underestimate a woman’s power!” She ran towards
him with a thundering fist. “First…” Sith only guarded. “I’ll start with
Paralysis Seal!” She stunned Sith’s arms but it only recycled again. Sith
teleported behind her by using his quick speed and he almost stabbed the side
of Siyun’s right arm. Furthermore, Sith extended his left arm and pinned her to
the ground from several feet away.
Alex hid behind the tree again. “His
arms are more than just deadly!”
Siyun was on the ground, pinned
down. “Heh.” She smirked as she suddenly jumped into the air despite the
strength of Sith’s grip. Sith was thrown into the air with her until he let her
go. Sith threw about three more poison spikes towards her. Siyun created
another hand motion, “Pyregenetics!” Her body was veiled in flames.
Sith’s eyes opened wide. “How
clever. Crisping away my kind of elemental magic, I see.”
Siyun jumped back onto the ground
level. “This match is close to being over.” She created another hand motion
while Sith made his way back to the floor. She placed her palm tightly against
the ground and a large seal appeared below her. “Fumigating Cross!” A large
amount of smoke appeared from the floor in a shape of a four-ended cross. Sith
was burned on his way down. He took a step back in pain. “As easy as it sounds,
your weakness is simply fire. What good is a bug if it is burnt into crisp?”
Sith began groaning in pain.
“ERAGGH!!! You… bastard of a woman!”
Siyun placed her knives into her
back-pockets and then she began to walk away. “Hmph. It doesn’t even look like
you have the key for Rosemead-…” She suddenly gasped when she heard a ringing
noise coming from the telescreens. The match was already over?!
Alex commented, “South El Monte was
the only one to obtain their key. The other four already had their buildings
broken down, but since ours got broken down first, we got last place…” South El
Monte was given five points, Rosemead received four, Arroyo gained three,
Mountain View placed for two points, and El Monte, again, gained only one
point.
Siyun shrugged. “We made it in
second, nevertheless. But still, this battle was a waste of my time.”
Sith started to shed into tears.
Alex began to feel terrible, watching a person like him, crying. “(He doesn’t
look like the kind of guy to start crying… I feel sorry for him…)”
“It wasn’t a waste of time.” Sith
said. Siyun stopped walking. He continued, “Each and every battle I have gone
through in the challenges… It was to prove my worth to live.” Alex listened to
him as well. “And to have someone like you take me down early in the
challenges, just shows there is nothing left for me.”
“Yes there is!” Alex interrupted
their conversation. “I know, I have to admit I’m not as strong as you two, but
because you’re stronger, you must have shown a lot of effort into getting this
far. That effort does mean something. To me, that effort IS the meaning of
worth.”
Siyun spoke without turning around,
“You back there,” she said to Alex, “you don’t even know how it feels to lose a
friend. This is why I have no regrets and no sympathy towards others. People
think they have it worse than others. That’s just selfish reasoning.”
“What, so you’re just going to claim
that you have the worst past? That’s hypocritical selfishness to me! I lost a
friend last year, and every day I still think about her. Her smile, her
kindness, her independence, everything! I keep her in my mind, but I’m not
going to make her the reason why I have to be stuck-up towards everybody-…”
Siyun turned around and she threw a knife towards him. She cut the side of his
left arm. Alex growled, making his way towards the ground.
Sith was surprised. Alex closed his
eyes. “Y-You… Argh!”
Sith began running towards Siyun
with his knife-like arm, “You cold-hearted asshole!!!!”
Siyun performed another technique
with her hands again to teleport behind him. She then stabbed his back with a
knife. She continued to gravel through him to make sure he does not shed his
bug-like skin. Sith tried to move away but Siyun used her other hand to create
a Paralysis Seal so he could not move.
Alex became frightened. “No!!!!!!”
Siyun jumped away and Sith was having difficulty recovering. He collapsed and
Siyun threw a Smokeball. Alex hurriedly headed towards Sith to check if he was
fine, but Alex himself had to slouch. “Hey, you! Are you alright?!”
Sith’s blood began to disperse and
spread across the cement. Alex was shaking. Sith looked away. “This… is embarrassing.
I guess… I was meant to lose all along.”
“You have to stay strong. There is
so much more you have to finish here! Get up!”
“Why do you care? We’re supposed to
be… enemies.”
“Who the hell said that?! We may be
from different schools, we may be challenging each other, but that shouldn’t
make us enemies.”
Sith began chuckling. “Haha… You’re
from El Monte, huh?” He coughed. “They must be… nice people.”
“Although I need more progress, my
friends helped me become stronger.”
“Heh… Well, make sure… you make it
far.” He stopped moving.
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Winny:
This coming episode seems a little fast-paced, don’t you think?
Shirley: Lots of things are going to happen! I get to talk to Emmy.
And um… it seems she has gone through about ten times more stuff than us.
Alex:
The third match is already starting and I’m getting attacked!
Jaime: This
match is rather strange. Is it wrong to just take my time now?
Alex:
This Dracula guy has a Bloodsuck ability?!
Matt:
I’m still in jail! Again… This is even more annoying than in Edmund.
Yessenia: Now that the third match has
started, we have a better image of the result here. It looks like we placed in
last twice already.
Shirley: Didn’t you say that if South El
Monte wins, that would be bad for all of us?
Alex: Then why is Dracula attacking us
and not South El Monte?!
Matt:
The third match is finally here! The number of participants is growing smaller,
but I wonder what happens to people who stop participating? Next time on
episode 224, Elemental Nullos, the Third Match and the Star!
Shirley:
I don’t think that question is going to be answered any time soon.
Matt:
But it’s something to think about!


0 comments:
Post a Comment