Saturday, March 16, 2013

Episode 226 - Clashing with Hair Magic, She Foretells the Victory!

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges, but are they ready? After finishing the first match, the El Monte students find that they have humiliatingly lost against all the other four schools. Even worse, one of the members of El Monte seemed to have mysteriously run away with Benny, a member from Rosemead. Even after the second match, El Monte placed last again! How are they going to win now?
Episode 226 – Clashing with Hair Magic, She Foretells the Victory!

            “Ah… what am I going to do now that I’m stuck here…” Matt said to himself. He examined the whole prison. “How many times have I been thrown to one because of these powers?” He began to think about it carefully. He has gone into much trouble with higher authorities from Olympia, Echoville, Luther’s tower… They were all simple to fix. Then, he thought about the CORP soldiers in the West Bridge concentration camps… And then he suddenly stopped once he thought about his promise to Wisteria which he failed to keep. “I…” He suddenly remembered how easier it was to fix all of his problems when Santi was around. Even further towards the Elemental Challenges, Matt had already been opted out of the competition for unknown reasons. “Now that Santi is gone, I have to do everything on my own. But ever since he left, I… I have been a… failure…?”
 ~~~
            Alex hurriedly reached his door until he was struck by a boy with light blue hair. He is Matt’s middle school friend, McLovin. “Yo!” The boy called for Alex.
            “W-What is it now? Who are you?”
            “Let’s make a deal.”
            “Huh?”
            “The trick to this challenge is to either mess with each other’s door, or to break our own and reach the end faster.” McLovin said. Alex began listening. “So, since it’s only the two of us, I think we should work together and mind our own businesses.”
            Alex smiled. “Really? Are you serious? That sounds too easy.”
            “I know, but this match expects us to clash with each other. I don’t know where the other two are, but I think it’s better for us to not bother each other. Can I trust you with that, friend of Matt’s?”
            “Oh, you know him too?”
            “We’ve been friends even since middle school. Although, I haven’t kept much in contact with him.”
            “He had his fire powers right when he entered high school, he told me. I’m sure he was too busy for reunions.”
            “Oh, but we already had our reunion: this Elemental Challenge. But in any case, we should hurry on with our own doors.”
            Alex shook his head. “If you say so!” Alex began with an Aqua Strike to his door. He noticed McLovin was deliberately attacking his door several times with extreme speed. Each second, he could punch the door over ten times. “(That fast…?)”
            A clump of hair appeared from the ground below McLovin and Alex. Without further delay, these hair strands grabbed onto both of the students’ legs and then they threw the students onto the floor, face flat. “Ergfh…!!!” McLovin yelled.
            “AUGH!! What the hell?!” Alex shouted. “Did you do something?!”
            McLovin shook his head. “Heck no.” The hair strands extended and Alex had to smack it with his Aqua Blaze skill while McLovin speedily ran to the other side of the room to check what was going on. “So you’re one of the contestants!”
            Alex followed McLovin’s voice to the other side of the room to reveal Layla. She had the ability to extend her hair and break through the ground towards any place she wished. “Hmhmhm!~ So you’ve found me.” She created more hair strands and one of them caught Alex by the arms. McLovin sped away from it.
            Layla flipped her hair again and then she called out, “Fire Fury!” The flames began to burn Alex’s leg.
            “OUCH!!” He screamed. “That’s it!” Alex casted an Aqua Tornado towards Layla. She had to avoid and retreat her hair ability. Alex took a step back.
            Layla giggled. “Heh, so I see not all of you El Monte students are simpletons. Where did you learn how to use skills with one hand?” Alex ignored her question as she went on, “However, you still need some more practice. You practically missed me when you used that tornado!” She casted more hair and then grabbed two strands on each hand. “Conceal!”
            All three large hair strands, one from each hand and one from her own head began to fly with haste. McLovin was able to avoid. He sped more closely towards Layla and then he tried to kick her but Layla covered her face in hair. McLovin’s legs got caught into her hair and then he was smacked onto the floor. “Don’t underestimate the power of South El Monte’s mascot, the eagles! Oh hoh hoh hoh!”
            She began to smack both of the boys onto the floor one time after another, not giving them the chance to retaliate. Even while doing so, she was still able to laugh without giving pity. “Ugh!” Alex felt each pain add up.
            “Hahahaha!” She laughed again. McLovin’s glasses fell onto the ground. Layla made sure she crushed them with the third strand of hair that she has. “This is great! I can easily win!” After crushing McLovin’s glasses, she then used the same third strand to break through her door. “Three hits at once!”
            After a while, the door cracked open and she was able to run through with no problem. She made her long strands of hair disappear as she made her way through the door which the two other students could not enter into. Alex could barely stand up. “She… she humiliatingly beat us!”
            McLovin punched the ground. “Damn it!” What was even worse for him was that he could no longer see without his glasses. “The only way now is to break through our doors and hope to make it in next.”
            Alex turned his head to his path which still contained Sith and Dracula. “He made me go forward so I could win…” He then thought about it for a second. “But, I shouldn’t be selfish.” Alex then said to McLovin, “You stay right there.” He then ran to the other side and he created larger spells such as Waterplosion and Steam Blower which were able to attack his door and McLovin’s at the same time. Then, he used both hands and created smaller spells from each so that he could take down each door at once.
            McLovin crawled towards the doors and Alex as well. “Why… are you breaking my door?”
            Alex shook his head. “Because, you agreed that we have to help each other.”
            “But I meant it as in: we don’t interfere with each other…”
            “No. Helping each other means whenever something goes wrong for one of us, the other will have to take the chance to substitute! And that is a prime example of this here.” He was getting closer to breaking both the doors. Each made cracking noises.
            McLovin sighed in grief. “You El Monte people… you guys must be really sincere.” He began chuckling. Alex was still too busy focusing, breaking both his door and McLovin’s.
 ~~~
            In Yessenia’s path, Siyun made her way to the center of the platform first, followed by the hooded man. Irene eventually arrived a few seconds later while McLargo was next after several minutes. Yessenia made her door explode after one last Cyclone. She was sweating and was fully exhausted from the poison that just wore off. “I see it wears off once I reach my lowest amount of energy… The only thing I can do now is take my time to the end. By now, the other four should have made it to the end.” She punched the wall in anger, cracking it a little. “Those bastards… It is time I should become more serious. Apparently, it is not enough.”
 ~~~
            Meanwhile, during Jaime’s path, Johan had finished his door first due to the power of his machinegun. Tommy became frustrated. “Damn it! I was going to mess with him just now.”
            “This is bad. Our main goal was to stop Johan.” Romeo said.
            Jaime shrugged. “That sounds too troublesome. Why couldn’t we just stop him all at once?”
            Raven, the fifth student who finally decided to speak, said to them, “He had mines.”
            “He has such an ability?!” Romeo shrieked.
            “No, but yes.”
            “Come again?” Tommy said with confusion.
            “He has the power to trickle down his machinegun ability for a more advanced military technology, like mines and grenades.”
            “How did you know that?”
            Raven summoned a wrecking ball attached to a chain, “I tried to attack him but the ball hit the floor and it exploded.” He said without emotion.
            “Ergh. You knew this the whole time and I could have used my shadow powers to attack him.” Jaime sighed. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”
            “No one asked.” Raven said as he used his wrecking ball to break through everyone’s door. “I’ll be nice. Hope you guys can catch up. Bye.” He suddenly rushed into his door.
            Romeo and Tommy looked at each other and then they suddenly ran. Jaime waved at them, “I don’t know what was up with that guy, but he seemed friendly. See you guys later!” He walked to his door and the other two hurried to the center as quickly as possible.
            After a while, Tommy’s speed caught up with Raven, and Jaime was too lazy to walk, so Romeo came in 4th place in his star path.
 ~~~
            Last was Winny’s path, however her situation seemed worse than Jaime’s. She was still trying to chase down Pochi. Sammy suddenly panicked. “What?!” She ran towards Ghoul and then she tried to attack him. Ghoul threw his drones at all of his surroundings and then he made way into his door which was just exploded by one of the drones. Smoke began to excrete from the explosion.
            Winny and Pochi fell down by surprise. Because of the area-of-effect spell that Ghoul had, Keith’s door was open as well. Sammy jumped back. “Ergh! I knew my predictions were telling me to stop you sooner.”
            Ghoul yawned. “Mwah, it seems you malfunctioned then. Catch you later!” He ran into his door and Keith slowly decided to do the same.
            Winny frowned. “Oh dang it… I think we’re last.”
            Pochi pointed at her, “It’s all your fault! I’m supposed to win!!”
            Sammy said to the two of them, “Can’t you two take the challenges seriously?! Ghoul just made his way in and he could be first place!”
            Winny stood up. “I’m purposely doing nothing.”
            “E-Excuse me?” Sammy said with attitude. They then heard a siren. “That must be the signal that everyone else is done!”
            Winny said casually, “Why are you worrying?”
            “Because we’re about to lose, duh!!” Sammy clenched her fists
            “And what does your foretelling powers say? If you have them, then you should know who is winning.” Winny claimed as Sammy made an extremely surprised gasp.
            Pochi jumped. “Oh! I get it!”
            Winny grabbed Pochi and then she started hugging him. “That’s right, little frog. You finally understand.”
            “No, get off of me! I mean I understand what is up with Sammy!”
            “I don’t see where you are going with this.” Sammy said in a hurry.
            Winny crossed her arms as she began to put the puzzles together. “Tell me, if we assume that South El Monte’s points are so high that they will win for sure, why aren’t you taking advantage of your foretelling powers so that you can alter who wins? Out of all of us in the challenges, you have one of the biggest influences on who gets to win, yet I remember that after match #2, you are tied with Arroyo.”
            “B-Because, my foretelling powers tell me that by match six, we will have the highest points. Did you take into consideration of the end result?!”
            “Yes. However, I also realized you are not an omniscient point-of-view foreteller; nobody is.” Winny began to explain, “What I am trying to say is, you know you will be first place by the end of the challenges, but you don’t know who is responsible in helping you get there. For example, how would you know that Ghoul being in first or last place in this round will lead your school to being first in the end? In that case, you would have tried harder to stop him from the beginning, yet you only put effort in stopping him when he was close to breaking his door.”
            Pochi was amazed at her intelligence. Sammy yelled at her, “But I-…!”
            “I am not done yet, Sammy.” Winny interrupted her. “You only tried to stop him at the end of this round because you didn’t know whether he was going to break the door first or not – since you can’t predict who’s door would break open first. Even if you predicted that Ghoul’s door would open first, his drones would alter the winner in the end by creating smoke. You wouldn’t be able to see where you are going.”
            “You are one confusing woman, but I give you credit for figuring out that I didn’t follow my foretelling powers to its fullest.” Sammy said. “But, at least now I get to predict who reaches the end next!” She ran away and Winny still stood in one spot.
            Pochi tried to chase after her. “No! Stop her from winning third place!”
            Winny shrugged. “It’s okay. She will be the one to alter who wins no matter which one of us will get to the end first. She’s not after stopping South El Monte.” Winny said to Pochi.
            Pochi hopped towards her. “You’re weird… What are you getting at with this theory of yours?”
            Winny was in her serious personality. “It seems to me, that Sammy is altering the challenges with her foretelling powers. She’s not stopping South El Monte from winning.” She glared at the door that Sammy went through. “It’s the total opposite.”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Alex: The fourth match is already starting! Why do I have to stay in here? I want to stop with the fighting already.
Jaime: That’s just the way things go. Who knows, you could be the last one! Aha!
Alex: That’s not funny!
Yessenia: I am starting to get the idea that we will lose for sure. Our three matches were all placed in last.
Shirley: Wouldn’t that mean we have to depend on other schools to stop South El Monte?
Yessenia: Yes, but the issue at least in this match is that other schools are still attacking us.
Winny: Do they not see the main picture here?
Sammy: Take them down!
Jaime: And that damn girl is one of them!
Alex: I hate this match. None of us can even drive this thing!!
Matt: What happens now that we are losing?! Next time on episode 227, Thirteen Contestants, the Coaster Challenge!
Yessenia: There is still one school that did not show up yet…

0 comments:

Post a Comment