Saturday, June 1, 2013

Episode 242 - The Dragon Appears, El Monte Versus West Covina

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final match had made a wrong turn. Dragon appears along with Sammy, Benny, and Venus and they begin to explain the truth about their appearance. Van, Maggie, and Jenny are thrown into the Eternal Nothingness while Matt’s group follows along in search for them. Likewise, Alex and the other remaining students of the challenges are dropped into the same fate in the Eternal Nothingness. Will these students be stuck in there forever?
Episode 242 – The Dragon Appears, El Monte Versus West Covina

            “Don’t ever mess with my friends!” Matt said with a glaring expression. He stood perfectly fine even after defeating all 997 men with almost every skill and spell that he had already learned so far. He could hear clapping from behind.
            “Ahah, that is pretty powerful, I would say.”
            “Who the hell are you?!” Matt turned around but this man was no surprise to him. It was a stranger.
            The man had a strange symbolic tattoo over his left eye. “My name is Dragon. Nice to meet you.”
            Matt made flames appear from his fists. “Are you another one of them?” Dragon said nothing until Matt carelessly ran towards him. “Errraaagh!!!” He growled as he tried to punch Dragon. Dragon grabbed Matt’s fists even knowing that there were flames engraved in Matt’s hands. The flames dispersed and Matt came to a stop.
            “How interesting, you have the power to create fire. As the leader of the 4th division says, you really are something.” He easily threw Matt to the ground. Some of the men from Matt’s victory watched and cheered. He then kicked Matt down before he could retaliate once more. “High school pests like you should just be eradicated completely. We don’t really need more of you.”
            “AGH!!” Matt groaned from pain.
            “That’s what you get, brat!” One man yelled from behind.
            “Kill him! Kill that bastard! HAHAHA!” Another added.
            “As I was saying,” Dragon went on, “unlucky for you, but our division is high up in rankings in the Elemental Government and what’s even worse is that these students – are extremely close to where you live on Earth. They’re here to take Venus back, and then execute her for her failures on discovering Santi’s death. They are… from West Covina high school.”
            Matt opened his eyes wide. Even if this school was not a rival school, the high school was relatively close in miles. He only heard about West Covina a few times. “West… C…” He muttered to himself while his face was flat sideways on the ground. Dragon’s boot was stepping on Matt’s cheek.
            “So, we actually came here because our Elemental Unit saw the camera of your group mindlessly heading into this Eternal Nothingness. We want answers from you ourselves. Do you know how Santi died?”
            Matt clenched his fists. “Why… do you care?” He said in a hostile manner.
            “Oh? Are you giving me attitude?” Dragon stomped on Matt’s face once, “Let me ask you again. DO YOU KNOW?”
            “S-Screw you…” He was barely able to speak. The men nearby were laughing even louder.
            Nix appeared from Matt’s spirit and it blew flames into Dragon’s eyes. “Get away from my master!!”
            Dragon covered his eyes with his cape. “Argh! Don’t you dare!” He covered his face.
            Matt slightly noticed something about his reaction, but he was too injured to do anything. Nix tried attacking Dragon but Dragon punched him to the ground. Nix began to cry as it returned back into Matt’s spirit. “I’m… sorry!” He apologized to Matt.
            Matt made his way back up but he was slouching this time. He made flames appear from his fists once more. Dragon chuckled. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you. One of my teammates has a sensory link that connects our location. Even if you kill me, the other five will know where you are and you’ll be dead for sure.” Matt still headed towards Dragon. Dragon began to tease him with a mocking tone, “Mmm? Are you still going to go for it? Those five teammates also know the location of Venus and Benny who happen to be here as well. Surely, you don’t want us to instantly kill Venus now, do you?”
            Matt suddenly came to a pause. “Where is she?”
            “Why would I tell you that? Trying to go after her would be like suicide because-…”
            “WHERE IS SHE?!”
            Dragon startled a little. “Ergh. What is your problem?” He summoned a silver dragon in front of him. “Are you going to continue acting like a mindless brat?”
            Matt punched his fists together. “I will kill you and then find her afterwards.”
            “Kill? Didn’t you listen? The others will know, and then-…” Matt sped as fast as he could towards Dragon and then he gave Dragon an upward punch to the chin. Dragon was thrown upwards. The men were surprised.
            Matt grabbed Dragon by the collar. “Where the hell is she?”
            “I should go tell my friends to kill her now.” Dragon began to laugh hysterically.
            Matt jumped away while creating a large fire seal around Dragon. “Take me to Venus, and I will set you free.” He knew well that his own teammates would not want to see Dragon die as well, so the hostility between Dragon and Venus are now equal. He knew Dragon was bluffing in Venus’s instant death.
            Dragon shrugged. “My, my… Looks like you’re going to keep me here forever if I decide not to tell you. At this rate, the others will kill your friends in no time.”
            Matt peacefully sat down. “I will wait.”
            “Wait for what? Your friends’ death? Ha ha!”
            “They will beat every single one of your friends. I trust them. Until then, just you wait and have that dumbass sensory crap tell you they’ve all fallen!”
            “Fallen? Like your friend, Jenny? So I’ve heard. Haha!”
            Matt’s eyes widened in extreme anger. He tried his best to calm down because now, all he has to do is trust his friends to take on the task of defeating all of Dragon’s teammates. If all goes well, it is Matt’s cue to defeat Dragon himself. Hopefully, Matt’s friends get the message.
 ~~~
            Shirley constantly ran towards the endless road of the Eternal Nothingness. “I can’t show my face to my friends again. I don’t deserve their existence.” She thought to herself. The thought of her friend disappearing because of Shirley’s drive to enter the Elemental Challenges struck her harshly. “Maybe if I keep running, I’ll never have to show my face to them again.”
            “That’s a terrible memory you got there.” Someone said from behind her.
            Shirley suddenly stopped. Her eyes widened in surprise, also confused at how someone could even find her in a place like this. “What? How could you hear me?! I wasn’t even talking that loud.”
            The man floated from above her. He seemed to have altered his elemental power to decrease his density. “The name’s Flynn, heh.” He began to whine, “The accumulation of everybody’s memory here is making my body feel so lighter now.”
            “How does that even work?”
            “With my Memory power, I can inherit a history of everybody’s life. The less tragic pasts would make my body lighter and more difficult to control. All of the prisoners that were thrown in here have had terrifying pasts. However, you students from this so-called school of El Monte, along with a few students from other high schools… you all have dull pasts.”
            Shirley gasped. “Other high schools? That means…! (Emmy!)”
            Flynn pointed at her, “I sensed your memory!” He tried his best to fly to the ground but Shirley knew it was better to stop him.
            “Ice Boulder!” She opened her palms and out came a large boulder that rolled around her in case Flynn decided to fly towards her. Flynn flew back up and then he created a large beam that exploded the ice boulder. “Ergh, what the heck?!”
            Flynn laughed. “Ahah, my Memory powers don’t just learn the history of life. They also manipulate what was once ‘there’, hence, in my memory, there was nothing surrounding you like those ice boulders. Therefore, with a simple beam like this,” He pointed at Shirley, “you can vanish in an instant as long as my memory reaps it!”
            Shirley created an Ice Prism on herself to guard against his signal beams. However, her Ice Prism was far too weak compared to the beams. At this rate, the beams aim was thrown off only slightly for about a foot. The ground below Shirley was struck by the signal beam instead and it was crumbling. Shirley could barely jump out of the falling abyss. “Ergh! What kind of history is that?!”
            “If you learned about Pangaea and its moving continents, you’ll learn that there was nothing below us at some point.”
            Shirley clenched her fists. “You’re driving me nuts here.” She then said to herself as she tried to plan her next move, “This Eternal Nothingness is a big sack of ‘nothing’ to begin with. I don’t even know what he’s getting at with Pangaea when we’re not even on a continent.” She then created an Icicle Rain but Flynn easily made the rain vanish. “I’m just going to have to tire you out then!”
            Flynn was still floating around in the air. “Let’s see you try. My memory of you shows you only went through six outer worlds in the past. That’s barely enough time to gain more energy capacity.”
            Shirley became even more frustrated. “Grrr, shut your mouth!” She threw a Shattered Ice at Flynn but he made it vanish again.
“What’s wrong?~ They say my physical attack is the lowest in my group, but my magical attack is super tragic.”
            “Will you shut up already?!” Shirley threw more ice pieces followed by a few Ice Boulders. She then tried to make a combo of Icicle Rain to distract him. One by one, Flynn made each ice particles vanish.
            “Finally, it’s my turn!” He rushed towards her while in mid-air.
            “W-What?!” She closed her eyes. “(This is the end, isn’t it?)”
 ~~~
            Alex and Romeo continued walking down a road-less path. Alex began feeling frustrated. “What’s wrong, Alex? Do you need to go to the restroom?” Romeo asked kindly.
            Alex began sweating. “N-No…”
            “Is it me? I’m sorry if being alone with me bothers you. I know we’re new friends and all, but you can feel comfortable around me.”
            “It’s not you…”
            “Then what is it? What am I doing wrong? Alex, please tell me! I don’t want to be a burden to you.”
            “No it’s just…” Alex suddenly turned around in anger. “SHE NEEDS TO STOP FOLLOWING US.”
            Siyun said in a monotone voice, “Someone’s been following us? Goodness, I thought we were in the clearing from Layla.”
            Alex stomped his foot. “I meant you, doof!!” He pointed at her.
            Siyun slowly turned around. “Who?” Romeo gave a chuckling sigh while steam came out of Alex’s ears. His face turned extremely red in frustration.
            “That. Is. It! I’m done with you, Siyun!”
            “Is this what you do to every new friend of yours?” She asked without any emotion.
            “We’re NOT friends!!”
            Siyun suddenly became serious. She took out her knife. Romeo tugged onto Alex’s sleeves. “D-Dude, I think she’s getting angry.”
            Alex was astonished for a second but he tried to stay calm. “I-I know. Siyun, it’s not that I hate you or anything, but it’s just-…”
            Siyun threw her knife past him and Alex closed his eyes. The knife landed on a giant rock but nothing was scratched. “No damage.” She said.
            Alex turned around. “GEH! What is this thing?!”
            Romeo ran towards Siyun. “I don’t know but it looks like Siyun tried to save you rather than kill you. Look, that giant rock is moving!”
            The giant rock suddenly shed some of its own particles. “My name is Geddon, one of the strongest in the group of West Covina.”
            Romeo crossed his arms. “Hm. It seems he has the power to turn into a Golem. That means his defense must be really high. Golems are also physically strong, to my guessing.”
            Alex ran over to Siyun. “Hurry up, throw a knife at him!”
            “I can’t.”
            Alex screamed. “AGH!!! WHY NOT?!?!”
            “I threw my last knife over there.”
            “Then go get it!” Alex commanded. At that moment, Geddon unconsciously crushed the knife with his rock foot.
            Siyun said in her monotone voice, “My knife just got stabbed. How ironic.”
            “This is no time for jokes!! Ergh, damn it. If he’s trying to attack us, then I have no other choice but to fight it! Then again… how should I battle him if his defense his high?” He suddenly had an idea. “Defense… wait a minute. If I think like Stan, I can beat this golem guy thing by treating this like an RPG battle! Game time!” He threw a small patch of water at the golem.
            Romeo rolled his eyes. “Wow. RPG Battle? ‘Game time’? I thought you were cool.”
            Alex’s water completely missed the golem and then Alex suddenly crouched down behind Siyun and Romeo. “I was ready to fight until you degraded my determination…”
            “Alex’s accuracy decreased.” Siyun joked.
            Romeo began punching the ground. “Fine, then it’s my turn! If I use my powers properly, I can fight rock with rock.” He continued to punch the ground like a drill just like when he destroyed El Monte’s library back in the Elemental Challenges.
            Geddon turned his golem body into granite. “I will just have to increase my defense. I apologize to you students about my inconvenience, but I was ordered to fight and obliterate every student with records of Venus’s betrayal.”
            Romeo smiled. “I applaud your loyalty to us and whoever your boss is, but we will not lose to you!”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Winny: Yay! Your sanity is back!
Matt: Almost. I still am frustrated with this situation.
Jaime: There are still no tracks on where Venus is?
Emmy: Irene, please be careful. That Catt girl sounds dangerous!
Irene: She will not get in my way.
Maggie: Am I back yet?
Claire: Not after I’m done with you.
Shirley: Who the hell is Claire and what is she doing here? This is our spotlight.
Jon: Right…
Matt: Are the enemies starting to show up?! Next time on episode 243, Linking Hearts Together, Our Pasts are Similar!
Dragon: Was I… misinformed?

0 comments:

Post a Comment