Saturday, June 15, 2013

Episode 245 - Colonel Artemis, the Invisible Steps into the Abyss

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final match had made a wrong turn. Dragon appears along with Sammy, Benny, and Venus and they begin to explain the truth about their appearance. Van, Maggie, and Jenny are thrown into the Eternal Nothingness while Matt’s group follows along in search for them. Likewise, Alex and the other remaining students of the challenges are dropped into the same fate in the Eternal Nothingness. Will these students be stuck in there forever?
Episode 245 – Colonel Artemis, the Invisible Steps into the Abyss

            Through the Eternal Nothingness, Yessenia, Jon, and Van were continuing their search for the rest of the group. Meanwhile, Matt and Dragon had driven off to look for their respective groups with Dragon having to tell his group to revert their mission. Michael had mysteriously vanished ever since the main group arrived at the Eternal Nothingness. Irene is in the process of battling Catt, assuming that she and El Monte are one group and Emmy is unconscious to explain to Irene. Maggie had been stranded in the middle of nowhere, but closer to the answer of what the Eternal Nothingness really is. Her link is still stuck with Van, just as much as Layla’s link is stuck with Venus’s heart. Lastly, Shirley had completely lost her battle against Flynn and now she is gone for good… The main group is purely losing against West Covina. What can the group do to stop them now?
 ~~~
            “Found you!” called a deep voice. While Yessenia, Jon, and Van were running, Jon suddenly stopped in an awkward standing position.
            “H-Hey! My body can’t move!” Jon panicked.
            Van ran behind Yessenia. “There he is!”
            “Who would you be?” Yessenia asked in a purposely rude manner.
            “My name is Alvin. My group tells me your friend there is the most dangerous.”
            Yessenia turned to Jon, “Him?”
            “Being able to nullify magic is a terrible case of unfairness. The higher officials can track records of your powers and capabilities, and of course, I would be the man to stop him.”
            Yessenia had her long sword ready. “That did not answer my question specifically!”
            “Oh my apologies. I have the power to enhance my scythe ability. I come from the group called West Covina, but we are one of the four main divisions of the higher officials.”
            Van began shivering. “Four? Yessenia… He must be really strong...”
            Yessenia examined Alvin’s scythe. It had stabbed through Jon’s shadow, or to be specific, his shadowed arms, which caused him motionless. He could not move his arms but he could still speak and look around. He tried to move his legs, but his arms in the shadow overlapped them. “It seems like this is up to me. Van, protect Jon if that man every gets to him!”
            Van shook her head. “Got it!” She made a circular motion with her arms and then she yelled, “Beast Entite! Wolf Pack!” Eight wolves circled Jon.
            “H-Hey, they’re not going to eat me, are they?” Jon became frightened.
            Yessenia created a Gust Slash towards Alvin. Alvin avoided her attack and then he made another scythe appear. “I knew that was going to happen.” Yessenia planned ahead by having a Tornado Spin surround Alvin’s only exit from escaping her previous Gust Slash.
            Alvin laughed. “You are clever!”
            Van became frustrated. “Ergh! I didn’t think he would have another weapon with him!”
            Yessenia chuckled. “Having an elemental power would mean you could have an almost unlimited amount of copies, such as a scythe for example. Because my power is wind and not a sword, I can only use one sword but I can also manipulate an unlimited amount of wind as long as my energy insists on staying alive.”
            Both Yessenia and Alvin played fair. They fought with close-ranged attacks and Van could see them moving faster and faster. Even she was not able to keep up with their speed just by watching. “You’re pretty good!” Alvin complemented her.
            “Heh.” She made the wind around her push her away for safety. “Tell me, why do you fight us? We barely even know you.”
            “Our leader says so.”
            “Is that it?”
            “Do I need more reasons? He became our leader not too long ago. However, he is also new to elemental powers. We cannot disobey him because his leader, is also our main boss – the main king of elemental powers in the higher official government.”
            Yessenia thought about this man carefully. “A new elemental power user… but he already went up in ranks…? Who is this man?” She mumbled to herself.
            “Hey, I’m still here!!” Alvin yelled.
 ~~~
            Nix flew out of Matt’s spirit. “Master! I think I see someone down there!”
            Matt almost fell off of Dragon’s back by surprise. “W-AGH!!! Don’t come out of nowhere like that, Nix!”
            “I-I’m sorry! I just… saw someone!”
            Dragon noticed that the ground was slightly changing into a green color, and nearby is an endless black abyss. “Hey, this is a strange terrain. Finally something new, right?”
            Dragon flew towards ground-level. Matt began to worry. “This is weird. I thought the Eternal Nothingness was an endless field of ‘nothing’?”
            Matt could see Michael running along the abyss. Nix gasped. “Look! It’s that Michael guy that suddenly disappeared!”
            Michael covered his eyes from the debris that Dragon was making. “Hey, watch where you’re landing!”
            Matt and Nix both fell over. Nix frowned. “Ouchies…”
            Matt rolled his eyes. “At least you could have flown away to safety!” He said to Nix.
            Dragon quickly reverted to his human form. “Who might you be?”
            “Matt, this is a serious matter. The abyss is bad.”
            “Are you listening to me?!” Dragon yelped.
            Matt knelt down to examine the abyss. “Um, yeah. Abysses are always bad. What’s your point?”
            “I went down there earlier.”
            “What?” Matt said stupidly. “How did you get back up if you went down in the first place?”
            “Okay this place is just effing weird.” Dragon claimed.
            “Did you just say…?” Michael closed his eyes in shame. “Anyway, I have to tell you the truth, Matt. I’ve been to the Eternal Nothingness years ago. I was once put in prison for being accused of Rowen’s actions. The reason why I suddenly disappeared was because I am looking for something down in the abyss.”
            “And what did you find?” Matt said curiously.
            “I don’t remember how I found out nor do I remember what it was, but it somehow led me back into the real world. I’m sure any higher official would know of the Eternal Nothingness’s secret.”
            “Dragon, do you know anything about this?”
            “What? No…” Dragon felt confused. “I heard there was a way out of here but I didn’t think it had to do with the abyss.”
            The group of four suddenly heard clicking noises from below the abyss. Matt whispered, “Sh! I think I hear something! It sounds like… that knight guy from the coliseum??”
            “Colonel Artemis, our boss!” Dragon murmured.
            Matt ran away from the abyss. “Oh no. If he sees me, we’ll be in even more trouble! I think!”
            “What do we do? What do we do?!” Nix repeated himself.
            Matt shook Dragon’s shoulders, “We need to hide somehow!”
            Dragon began to panic. “Uh, uh! I have an idea!” Dragon pushed the group away, causing the two students and Nix to fall to the ground. Dragon suddenly turned into a dragon and then he enlarged himself. He fell flat above the rest of the group and laid upside-down.
            Matt tried to cough for air. “Ack- agh! This is your plan?!”
            “I can’t… breathe!” Michael said.
            “Sh! I’m playing dead, like a typical animal who failed to strive in the Eternal Nothingness.”
            “That’s a stupid plan!” Matt cried.
            Colonel Artemis appeared from out of the abyss as if he just walked up from a bunch of steps. He noticed the ‘dead’ dragon nearby. “Stupid little dragons. Can’t even last long enough to survive in this world.” He then said to himself as he disappeared in the distance, “I still need to know more about what happened to Santi. He could not have just disappeared.”
            Matt gave a huge sigh. “It actually worked… Now get off me!”
            The group returned to the abyss. Michael placed his foot in an empty space and he could feel cement. “The abyss really does have a safer passageway going downward.” He then explained to the group, “This is strange. Every part of the galaxy should have a place in the universe.”
            “What do you mean by that?”
            “Galaxies exist through time, not necessarily only by where it is. For example, if we were to suddenly walk off the planet earth and walk the same distance, we would actually be going back in time if that makes sense.”
            Dragon agreed with him. “It makes sense now! I played this game called Earthbound and there is this teleportation spell that lets you go from place to place, but in order to teleport, the main characters had to walk into a straight path.”
            “This is also the same case in the movie called Back to the Future. The only places that don’t necessarily have a time are Heaven, Hell, and Limbo. Well, that’s if you believe in them.”
            Matt was still confused. “What’s your point then?”
            Michael began walking down into the abyss. “The question is, how old is this ‘Eternal Nothingness’?”
            Nix became excited. “There’s only one way to find out! We go down and find out what’s down there!”
            Matt shook his head. “I’ll second that!” The two of them ran past Michael as they disappeared into the abyss.
            Michael tried to stop them. “Don’t just barge on in! Ergh, these children.”
            Dragon patted him on the back. “Nothing else to do but to follow them I guess, right?”
            “Sure…”
 ~~~
            Maggie was walking along the abyss as well, but she was at a different location that ran down the same ‘stream’. “This is kind of freaky… To think Jenny had fallen in here must have been terrible.” She thought to herself. “I really miss everyone. Where are they?” She suddenly felt pain on her arms. “Gosh, what the heck?!”
            From a far distance, Van tried to avoid Alvin’s attacks but she only fell over. Her arms scratched against the ground. The wolves tried to bite Alvin but he only slashed them away. Van tried to cast another Wolf Pack while Yessenia distracted him.
            Maggie knelt down. “Not now, please... Van, what in the world are you doing?”
            Van tried to get back up. She was only knocked down even more after every attempt. Yessenia casted an Air Tornado towards Alvin but he vanished and the tornado inflicted Van. “Damn it!” Yessenia became frustrated. “Tempest!” She spun in vertical circle. Alvin deflected her skill with his scythe without even moving as much as she was.
            Maggie fell down with a sharp pain to her chest. “Agh! What is going on?!” She was rolling closer to the abyss. “No, I can’t die like this.”
            Matt’s group was running along the steps of the bottomless abyss. “I feel like we’re going down a straight path.” Dragon commented.
            “This is awesome! I wonder what kind of stuff is down here.” Matt said.
            “This is no time for jokes. It could be extremely dangerous.” Michael warned.
            Meanwhile, Alex casted Cataclysm on Geddon. A large basin of water began to appear and seep towards Geddon. Romeo punched the ground so the level in front of him could rise. At this point, the excess water could not attack Romeo while Geddon had to constantly had to spin in order to counter the water back at Alex.
            Alex covered himself and then he used his Water Subordination skill again. “How did you avoid that?!” Geddon began crackling through the ground. As the Cataclysm went away, Romeo took a peek and noticed that Geddon seemed to be getting shorter.
            Alex took a step back. Geddon said while still spinning, “You’re angering me!” He suddenly disappeared into the ground.
            Alex looked around. “Where did he go?” The ground began shaking. Geddon appeared from below Alex. Alex was attacked as if a drill came from the ground. He flew upward and Romeo jumped onto his Stalagmite to catch Alex from falling down too much.
            Geddon quickly drilled back into the ground. “The hell kind of Golem is he?!” Romeo complained.
            Alex was unable to move. “He’s very strong…!”
            Geddon came out of the ground to attack Romeo. Romeo dropped Alex as he himself fell over from the Stalagmite. Geddon drilled back down once more. “Not again!” Romeo was also unable to move.
            Matt’s group could feel the slight earthquakes. From the abyss, it was quite strong actually. Matt tripped over Nix and the two began rolling down. “Matt!! That’s dangerous!” Michael tried chasing after him. Dragon made his wings appear so he could fly down to catch him.
            “Somebody help me, damn it! AHHH!!” As Matt was rolling, he could no longer feel the cemented steps as now he is only flying deep into the actual abyss.
            While Dragon was flying, a girl came falling from above. It was Maggie who had been too weak to move and she had fallen over the abyss! Instead of Dragon coincidentally catching her, he was astonished, causing his wings to vanish. The two of them crashed into Michael who tried to chase both Matt and Nix.
            The group of five now fell from a high landing and Maggie tried her best to cast a Level 2 Layer of web to soften their landing. As they all fell, they saw a bunch of hieroglyphic material on the walls surrounding them. “What… the… heck…?” Matt said slowly…
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Dragon: What is this place? I’ve never seen anything like it.
Matt: In the past, we’ve gone through so many insights on the past, present, and the near future. This one though… looks like it’s different.
Maggie: The end of the world?
Matt: I don’t get it! In this Eternal Nothingness, they are in the timezone 1,000,000,000 A.D., and they claim that the end of the world is 2009 AD. But… Edmund was able to live up to 2608 A.D.
Michael: If what you say is true, then just recently time had been altered by someone.
Dragon: Someone must have screwed up the time interval between your time in Edmund and now. Could it be someone that we know?
Matt: I’d say from West Covina!
Dragon: Hey, my friends have nothing to do with this!
Irene: Your quarrels are in my way!
Matt: ACK! She’s battling?! Next time on episode 246, The Ticking Time Limit, Hieroglyphics of Existence!!
Irene: You shall not hurt my comrades!

0 comments:

Post a Comment