Recently
on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it
still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt,
Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the
Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the
six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final
match had made a wrong turn. Dragon appears along with Sammy, Benny, and Venus
and they begin to explain the truth about their appearance. Van, Maggie, and
Jenny are thrown into the Eternal Nothingness while Matt’s group follows along
in search for them. Likewise, Alex and the other remaining students of the
challenges are dropped into the same fate in the Eternal Nothingness. Will
these students be stuck in there forever?
Episode 247 – A Conclusion of our Losses, Hopeless
Desires Rise!
The group headed for the glyph after
2009 except for Michael. “Why does it say ‘The End of Earth’ on 2009?!” Matt
said angrily. “What happened to it?!”
Maggie began to worry. “This isn’t
good at all. Isn’t it in a frozen state right now?”
“How the heck does that make Earth
turn into a pile of crap?” Matt questioned.
Michael said from afar, “It makes a little
more sense to assume that this Eternal Nothingness is the billionth year in
A.D. times. It seems Colonel Artemis has been contributing to the addition of
the hieroglyphics which is why he came from the abyss earlier.”
From the year 2009 to 1 billion, the
ground level was pure brown and the sky remained purple. There was no more blue
sky, no green plants, nothing. Maggie shook her head. “But that makes no sense.
Earlier, I saw slight changes in the ground floor. There was green!”
“We saw it too!” Matt said. “I’m
sure Dragon and I must have stumbled through a change of color.”
“Nobody said we’re standing on the
planet Earth though.” Dragon said.
Nix read the bottom of the glyph,
“Lookie here! I found more on the year 2009. The last three words are just
names I don’t recognize, well except for Venus.”
Matt looked closely. “Santiago and
Venus. Um… that’s it?”
Dragon placed his finger across the
name in comparison to the other words above it. “There is no dust as if these
names were recently added.”
“This place is an archive. Colonel
Artemis must be researching the disappearance of Santi and it most likely
connects with Venus.”
Matt looked away. “Santi… I still
can’t believe he’s gone…”
Nix poked Matt on his cheeks, “And
if we don’t find Venus fast, she’ll be gone!”
Matt agreed with him. “You’re right.
But what do we do now?”
Michael raised his hand, “I’ll stay
here while the four of you find the rest of the group.”
“What? How will we find you again
then?” Dragon felt as if Michael’s idea was one of most reckless ideas ever.
“You see, I can turn my eyebrows
into weapons or shields. If I place one on the abyss, no enemy is going to
guess that there is an entrance. Well, except for Colonel Artemis. You can
always come back to find the shield.”
“Even if this is an endless space, I
guess I’ll try to help by added webs every so often. I doubt people will figure
out the pattern leading to the abyss. I’ll try pouring webs while this Dragon
weirdo flies us around!”
“Who you calling a weirdo, you
freak!”
“Ouch!!” Maggie suddenly felt a pain
in her stomach.
“That’s what you get! I don’t even
know what just happened.” Dragon said mindlessly.
“Pretend that didn’t happen!” Maggie
glared at him. “(Van, stop whatever you’re doing!!)”
Matt grabbed Dragon’s shoulder, “Can
you fly us around to the others? I think it would be a pretty good idea to
leave someone here since it’s a very important place. Plus, I think Michael is
very good with understanding the history of Earth.”
Nix bounced off the floor, “Yay! We’re
going on more adventures!”
Michael pointed towards the purple
sky, “Hurry already! We don’t have much time. Venus could be in danger.”
Dragon spread his wings and Matt and
Maggie jumped on. “You got it. Thanks a lot, Michael!” Matt waved at him.
Maggie called out to him, “Stay
safe!!”
Michael shook his head. “Of course.”
He then looked at the hieroglyphics. “I didn’t want those young students to see
more of these horrifying hieroglyphics. I’m glad they’re finally listening to
my ideas…” He remembered many times when Matt ignored Michael’s plans back in
Elsiya. “You’ve changed, Matt.”
~~~
“I don’t even know what’s going on
anymore!” Jon yelled at Van. In time, Jon was surrounded by a large jungle of
animals: zebras, pandas, lions, parrots, and monkeys.
Van clapped her hands. “Don’t worry,
they won’t bite you nor each other! I can control their hearts and desires! I
want to summon snakes but I’m not skillful enough to learn more than just Beast
and Winged Entite. I’ll try to learn the Reptile Entite right now, don’t worry
Jon!”
“How about NO snakes?”
“No. You need to be protected!”
Alvin tried to stab Yessenia with a
swift attack. “You’re starting to annoy me!”
Yessenia created a Heavy Strike that
was able to push him further away. “What is wrong? You were doing fine in the
beginning.”
“I see you took note of my battle
style.” Alvin made twelve large scythes appear around him in a circle. “I
applaud you, but I have a lot more to go through.” Alvin made one scythe fly
towards Yessenia on its own. Yessenia used a Cyclone attack that deflected it.
Another flew towards her and then Yessenia made an Air Tornado. Two appeared
and Yessenia constantly deflected all twelve scythes. They vanished and then
Alvin made another twelve appear. With one hand, he threw one at Yessenia and
the other was thrown towards Van’s animals.
Van made a wolf appear each time to
take the hit of every scythe. After each scythe struck a wolf, it fell directly
downward and the wolves that she summoned vanished. When two scythes flew towards
Yessenia, one flew in a 180 angle while the second one spun straight towards
her. This caught her off-guard, so she had to jump upward. She noticed that the
scythes were following her! She then created an Air Tornado below her so that
the scythes could get stuck into her tornado, along with her.
Van watched her. “She’s so beautiful
when she fights!”
“I can’t see.” Jon said from behind
all of the wild animals. From Van’s point of view, it sounded as if Jon was
mumbling.
“What was that? I can’t hear you!”
Van shrugged.
While Yessenia was at the top of her
tornado, Alvin was smart enough to make a scythe follow her from above. As she
was tricked, her tornado suddenly vanished from her astonishment. While
falling, Alvin made his scythes disappear and then he punched her before she
could make another move. She fell to the ground and Van screamed. “Oh my gosh!!
Y-Yessenia, no!” She made a bunch of wolves appear but she was already getting
exhausted herself after making a jungle of animals appear.
Alvin glided towards Van with quick
speed and then he knocked her down. He then sliced all of the animals in one
strike. The scythe that was forcibly stuck on Jon’s shadow was still there.
Alvin laughed. “Two down, one more to go – or should I already call it quits?”
Jon clenched his teeth. “How dare
you do this to women!”
“Hey, I treat women with equality,
just as much as how I treat men. They can pick a good fight. It’s alright
though. I should spare you and let you watch your friends slowly die.”
“Th-They’re not going to die!”
“They’re in utter pain. If they
don’t get healed fast, luck won’t be on their side in the end.”
Jon tried to move. “Screw you!!!”
Alvin walked away. “Ha ha ha! It
seems I have defeated the strongest enemy here too. Time to make my way to
Colonel Artemis and report my victory.”
~~~
During that time, Maggie had already
casted four large spider webs at considerably widespread areas. “That should do
it! I think we’re good.”
Matt gave her a thumbs-up, “Good
job! Now all we have to do is find the group. But hm, I wonder where they are…”
Maggie suddenly felt a sharp pain in
her stomach from the time when Alvin knocked Van down. “Agh! ERGH!!!” She
suddenly let go of Dragon’s back and then she fainted, sliding off of him.
Matt gasped. “What the?!” He tried
to grab onto her but he also fell over. Nix tried to push Matt back up but he
was too heavy!
Matt glided with his fire powers but
he was not fast enough to Maggie, but Dragon was able to save her. The whole
group flew onto the ground level. Dragon placed Maggie onto the floor. “Man…
What has gotten into her?”
Nix frowned. “I hope she’s okay…”
Matt said nothing. Dragon continued,
“Should we continue on even when she’s out cold?”
Matt sighed. “I couldn’t save her…”
Nix patted him on the back. “It’s
okay. We didn’t see it coming.”
“Snap out of it, Matt. So what? She
was falling faster than the speed at which you can glide with your fire powers.
It’s not your fault, at least to me it wasn’t.”
“Do you know how many people died
because of me? Do you realize how many times I’ve failed to save people?”
Dragon suddenly became quiet. “Almost all the time, it was my fault. Apparently
fate said Erica was supposed to die, but I don’t believe that! It could have
been anybody! I couldn’t help her. I watched her turn into stone. Mariel… I
also watched her get shot, right in front of my eyes. All I could do was stand
there! Even my friends, Danny and Alex, ran up to her first for her safety.”
“Matt…” Nix began to cry.
Matt began shaking in anger. “And
then Santi… If I was strong enough, he wouldn’t have had to sacrifice himself
that way! Luther would have died first! And then Melanie’s promise to protect
Wisteria – the whole city was destroyed. Nix died the first time because I
wasn’t able to show him that I cared. And then, we’re just running around
mindlessly looking for everybody only to find out that Jenny died?! What the
hell is this!”
Nix started bawling. “I’m sorry… I
should have never gone against you before!”
“Matt, everybody makes mistakes.
There’s always another chance, and now is the time! I still believe it.”
“No there isn’t! People tell me
there’s always a new chance for me. I take that new chance, and then I screw it
up. People tell me I should get over it and stop complaining and whining,
because life is life. People screw up. But the difference is that those people can make a change in their life! I keep
trying, and people keep dying! It’s painful just thinking about it. Ever since
Santi died, I started to understand that somebody like me can’t save anybody. I
even accepted it, and the guilt stayed in my heart forever. I don’t even know
what to do now. ‘Find Venus’? You’ve got to be kidding me. We are in an endless
space where Venus could be anywhere. What’s the point of even trying? I can’t
even shed a tear for all that has happened anymore.”
“Do you really feel that way, Matt?”
Dragon asked. “Are you really giving up on Venus like this?”
“Sometimes I thought about it,
thinking I should just let her go. If I try, she’ll end up dying anyway.”
Nix slapped Matt on the face. “No,
you can’t think that way! What is wrong with you? To be honest, I became your
apprentice because I liked you. You were really nice, funny, and stupid, but
that’s what’s amazing about you in my opinion! You didn’t care about anything,
but when times had to be serious, you knew when to be serious! I didn’t choose
the depressing side of you as my apprentice. Why else do your friends depend on
you? It’s because they believe that you can be a leader and that you can save
people! They don’t care about your mistakes. They only care about your effort!”
Matt was completely speechless. He
began to tear up. “But… But everyone is in danger…”
“You might think that way, but I’m
almost sure everybody else doesn’t see it that way! I’m very sure they’re not
even blaming you for this! Why do nothing when you can do something? I know it sound stupid, but at least you’re productive
and trying. That’s all that matters!”
Matt sighed. “You know what…” He
then grabbed Nix and held him tightly. “You’re right. We’re going to keep
going, and this time, we’ll save Venus for sure!”
Dragon smiled. “That’s the kind of
person I wanted to see!”
Matt said in determination, “We’re
going to turn the tides now.”
~~~
The last group left to battle is
Jaime and Winny versus Pilfer. Pilfer began to believe that Winny was the more
defenseless opponent, so he threw spikes at her. Her shirt began to rip. “Ah!!
Please, stop it!” Her giddy side begged.
Many spikes appeared and Jaime could
not stop them all with his shadow powers. He was scratched several times and
Winny was in utter pain. “Why are you attacking her more than me?! I’m the
dangerous one here!”
“Taking out the weak just makes the
stronger person easier to battle, that’s all.” Pilfer smiled. “I’ll take you
down here and fast.”
Winny stood up. “Move aside, Jaime.
I need to do this!” She raised her Changmin ball. “It doesn’t matter how
dangerous he is. Love will be the only victor here.” She kissed her Changmin
ball. “I love you. Let’s do this together!”
Jaime gasped. “Wait, don’t do this,
Winny! I said stay back!!”
Winny vigorously threw her Changmin
ball at Pilfer, “Our love will strike through your stupid wrecking ball and
spikes!!!!”
The Changmin ball flew towards
Pilfer but Pilfer stabbed through the Changmin ball with several strikes. Winny
watched it as it fell to the ground. “No… It can’t be…! Changmin!!!!!!”
~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt:
On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Winny:
I will avenge my loved one! You will not be able to survive this, you bastard!
Jaime:
Yeah she gets really dangerous when you mess with her… especially with her
ball.
Winny: Changmin
is not just a ball!!
Matt:
So who do you think we’ll find next?
Nix:
Maybe Alex!
Matt:
Why would you guess him first of all people? He probably died already.
Nix:
More like Shirley probably died already. Look!
Sith:
Stay away!
Matt:
W-What? Shirley? What is that bug guy doing there?
Dragon:
I’m flying down!
Matt:
AGH! Slow down! Slow down!! Next time on episode 248, El Monte Fights Back,
Winny Versus Pilfer!!
Winny:
TAKE THIS!!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment