Saturday, June 8, 2013

Episode 243 - Linking Hearts Together, Our Pasts are Similar

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final match had made a wrong turn. Dragon appears along with Sammy, Benny, and Venus and they begin to explain the truth about their appearance. Van, Maggie, and Jenny are thrown into the Eternal Nothingness while Matt’s group follows along in search for them. Likewise, Alex and the other remaining students of the challenges are dropped into the same fate in the Eternal Nothingness. Will these students be stuck in there forever?
Episode 243 – Linking Hearts Together, Our Pasts are Similar

            Sophomore’s school year is nearing its end, but the drama between El Monte, the other rival schools, and West Covina has only started. Has Venus given up on her will to live on with El Monte by staying passive to West Covina’s actions – to execute her?
 ~~~
            Irene was running as fast as she could on her own, assuming that she could find an answer to her search on escaping the Eternal Nothingness. She could see a familiar girl lying on the floor nearby. “I knew it! The distance from the others is the same distance as if we were in the Elemental Nullos.” She said to herself. She knelt down to check if the girl was okay. “Emmy, wake up.”
            Emmy slowly opened her eyes. “Irene…? It… It really is you!” She suddenly sat up. “Where’s Sith?! He was with me!”
            “Sith is here as well?”
            Emmy felt her head. “Ergh… It all happened so fast. At one moment, we were looking for you because we heard you had disappeared into the Eternal Nothingness.”
            Irene began to yell at her, “Why would you do such a stupid thing?”
            Emmy giggled. “B-Because… we wanted to find you. Raven, Pochi, and Gina went along with us but they got lost along the way. Sith was the only one to catch up and enter the Eternal Nothingness. The prisoners in the other cells warned us about this place saying that here is no escape, but we didn’t believe them. We’re the only other students who entered apparently.” She placed her hand over Irene’s left cheek. “We tried so hard to find you… Irene.”
            Irene began to panic. “No, no. Emmy, stay awake!”
            Emmy looked up at the purple sky. “Everything is becoming so light. Please Irene, don’t panic for me… It’s not like you…”
            “Oh? What is this?” A squeaky voice spoke from behind. “Did I hear that girl talk about how there’s no escape out of here?”
            Irene turned around. “Catt.”
            Catt waved at her. “Hello! Do you miss me?” She said with attitude. These two students were long rivals in high school. Irene had always hated how West Covina students like Catt infiltrated their club competitions just to show how stronger and smarter they were. Irene was the only student who was able to fend off against Catt. “Just so you know, I’m a lot stronger now so not a single student from your stupid Arroyo school can beat me! Hehe!”
            “How many of you are there now?” Irene stood up.
            Catt counted her fingers. “Hm, too much to count. But because you’ve been a challenging rival, I’ll map it out for you! There should be about nine of us: me, Dragon, Flynn, Geddon, Benny, Sammy, Pilfer, Claire, and Alvin. I also heard from our boss, Dragon, that Venus is to be executed. Colonel Artemis went back to his headquarters so there should be nine, or ten if you include that Venus girl.”
            Emmy coughed. “Venus… Aren’t they a part of El Monte’s group?”
            Irene placed Emmy on the ground and then she stood up, clenching her fists. “El Monte? So El Monte is a part of this too?”
            “W-Wait- agh…” Emmy began coughing a lot more this time. She wanted to tell Irene that it is a misunderstanding, but she was running out of breath.
            Irene’s long sword began to vibrate with light. “West Covina and El Monte… Some of my friends from middle school even went to El Monte. I cannot believe this has happened to them – becoming betrayers in the elemental universe.”
            Catt began wiggling her tail. “Awww, you’re worried, aren’t you? Even if you do defeat me, don’t you know what will happen to you? Because we’re a part of the higher officials – one of the four main districts of the elemental government, we have authority on who gets to live and who dies. We can report you and even if we are gone, you will be chased down by the other three higher officials. It will be a never-ending run. And depending on how strong you are, you might not even last that long.”
            Irene’s sword had a green aura surrounding the edge of her weapon. “Do not try to accuse of my weakness!” With sudden speed, she flew past Catt with a large moon-shaped slash across Catt. Catt easily avoided Irene by manipulating her own speed as a feline. “Teheh! You missed me, nyan!”
            Even Irene’s sword was not able affect Catt at all! The student who is deemed one of the strongest in the Elemental Challenges could not touch Catt. “Nuisance!” Irene changed her sword color again to red. “Burn!”
            Catt threw a long string with a toy mouse attached to it while making the flames pass beside her. “Take this!” The long string wrapped Irene which made her unable to move. Emmy had already fainted so she was not able to support Irene. “I will defeat your pathetic group along with El Monte!”
 ~~~
            Maggie was slowly starting to notice that the ground was of a different shade of brown. It was getting lighter but she did not know what was going on. “Wait a minute… I was following Van, but now I feel as if I’m… much farther than where she is.” She said to herself. She tried to examine what was ahead of her but all she could see was the same shade of light brown. “The ground… it’s different. Is the Eternal Nothingness really ‘nothing’?”
            “That’s right.” A woman said with really long, curly hair. “The world of Eternal Nothingness is an infinite space, but it does not end with just dust and gravel.”
            “Who’s there?!”
            “It is I, Claire, a woman with wondrous feelings and connections to the world.”
            “What does that even mean?”
            “It is not important for me to tell you. Tell me, child, what is it that you aim for?”
            “Don’t call me a child just because you look old!”
            Claire did not become angrier. She only responded without a change of emotion, “If you have no purpose to move on, why continue?”
            “I want to find my best friend. I know there is no way out of here like everybody says, but at least I won’t be alone. But now, even she’s gone. I already lost a friend because she jumped off a cliff!”
            Claire’s expression did not change. “You poor child.”
            “Can’t you show any sympathy at all?! What is wrong with you?”
            “Of course I sympathize with you. I just choose not to feel it because it weakens me, just as much as it weakens you. You might as well just give up now.”
            Maggie slowly paused for a moment. “But… Van…”
            “This infinite universe will never let you find your friend again. The better choice is to stop this pain and be gone from this tragic world that we live in.”
            “But I really want to find my friend!”
            “If you really want to be with your friend again, the best way is for me to help you.”
            Maggie felt relieved. “Really?! You can help me?!”
            “Sure. Just think of her. Imagine her as best as you can and I can link you to her.”
            “Alright! I already got it. I’m ready.”
            “Hmhm~ We’ll see where this goes.” A light aura surrounded Maggie and a large line flew away from her all the way to the east. The light became an endless distance from her.
            Maggie turned her head. “Is that where Van is?” Her mind suddenly froze for a second until she began to break out crying. “What is this feeling? What is happening to me?!”
            “Your compassion with Van is quite strong. Are you two best friends?”
            Maggie began uncontrollably crying. “Yes. But I’m not crying because she’s my best friend. I don’t know why I’m crying. Stop this, please!”
            Claire tried to smile. “You wanted to be as close as possible with her. I have granted your wish. It is time for me to fulfill others’ wishes.” She began to walk away.
            Maggie uncontrollably knelt down. “I-I can’t move…! Come back here!” Before she could move again, Claire had already disappeared into the distance…
 ~~~
            Matt and Dragon were silently sitting in front of each other. Matt began to calm down, but lots of things were on his mind at this point. Why are they interested in Santi’s death? How were these students, especially from West Covina, appointed into the higher officials? What does Venus have to do with them instead of others like Winny, Amy, and Lupe?
            “You know, there is a way out of the Eternal Nothingness.”
            “I know.” Matt responded to Dragon.
            “Do you? You’re pretty smart for someone who just blatantly barges into almost a thousand men.”
            “It’s because of you people that get me angry.” Matt said. Dragon paused to listen to his story. “Ever since I had these powers, I got nothing but trouble – one problem after another. All I wanted was a normal life in high school, but… things just happened. Do you know how unfair it is for someone like me? I was one of the earliest to have these powers. I didn’t want to believe it. But as time kept passing by… I stopped denying that these powers were a curse and just… accepted it.”
            “Do you really believe these powers are a curse?” Dragon asked.
            Matt made a fireball appear from his hand as he examined it. “Yeah, of course I do. It brought nothing but trouble.”
            “It’s almost impossible to make our powers go away, you know that right?”
            “Do you really believe that?”
            “It is a written rule on the Elemental Power constitution that it is impossible to make these powers go away.”
            “Then you must be an idiot!”
            Dragon quickly teleported towards Matt as he gave a vicious punch to the face. Matt fell to the ground. “Call me an idiot again, and the next time you won’t be alive!”
            “I’ll say what I want. You can’t tell me that I’m wrong!”
            “It’s my life. I’m the one who gets to decide who I am!”
            “Then tell me you truly believe in the impossibility of powers going away!”
            “I believe in it. A hundred percent sure!”
            Matt gave a smirk. “My powers were gone once.” This made Dragon extremely surprised. He suddenly froze.
            “What? Don’t shit with me!” He gave Matt another punch to the face. “Are you trying to mess with my mind?! It’s impossible!”
            Matt sighed. “I can’t prove it to you anymore, so why should I even bother…”
            “What’s wrong with you? First you call me an idiot, and now you’re just going to give up trying to convince me?” Matt said nothing. “Well, say something, you piece of trash! You’re just all talk and no brains and strength!”
            “Maybe you’re right.” Matt said calmly. “Even if you beat me now, even if you kill me now, I trust in my friends more than anything. Even if I die, they’ll be the ones to stop you and take Venus back. They’ll be able to make their powers go away. They’ll all be the ones to have that normal life again. My life is something I’m willing to risk for all of that, especially when I have nothing to live for anymore.”
            Dragon clenched his teeth. “You…” He made talons appear from his hands. Matt knew that his power was the ability to become a dragon and kill anything that could get in his way. Matt did nothing as he watched the talons grow. Dragon also made his canines sharper. “You pitiful little child…!” He raised his claws. “If you really want to die right now, then you’ll get it!” He then gave a swift towards Matt on the face…
 ~~~
            Yessenia and Jon were still comforting Van at the same spot from when the whole group split apart. Yessenia tried to examine the area surrounding her. “Something is a little off about this ‘Eternal Nothingness’.”
            “What do you mean by that?” Jon asked.
            “Sure, this world is endless, but if you actually think back to geological times, without oxygen, we would not be able to breathe. And where does the oxygen come from?”
            Jon thought about it carefully. “Obviously, it comes from plants.”
            “Where did plants come from?”
            “They are formed from… from what I remembered on the first day of our Biology class, parts of algae and the ocean.”
            “So where is the ocean that we have been bypassing all this time?”
            “There is life in this world!” Jon shouted. “There has to be!”
            “Bingo.” Yessenia smiled. “However, it may not be easy finding it especially since we have been walking for quite a while.”
            Van wiped her tears away. “D-Does that mean there is still hope in finding a way out of here?”
            “It’s starting to make sense now. We can’t just be breathing out of nowhere like this. There is life somewhere, and it’s close by if we are able to breathe.” Jon claimed.
            Yessenia took out her long sword. “Before we start figuring this out, we might want to find everyone else first.”
            “But where to begin…” Jon began to summarize the allies in their group, “Matt stupidly walked off and I’m sure Nix is with him. Jaime and Winny left to find Shirley, and Michael suddenly disappeared.”
            “I kind of left Maggie back with the group of men… Eheh…” Van said slowly.
            Yessenia clenched her fists. “Assuming that none of the groups found each other, we have to find five groups. There is also something else that is bothering me… Who else is in this world? I feel like a bad omen is coming…”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Dragon: I can’t. I can’t do it.
Matt: What stopped you?
Dragon:
Layla: What the heck is this place? Who are you?
Shirley: Great. The moment we enter this stupid Eternal Nothingness, worse things happen.
Jaime: I don’t see anything wrong with this place so far.
Shirley: That’s because some creepy guy didn’t show up in front of you!
Yessenia: At any rate, we have to hurry. It is getting a bit dangerous here.
Jon: I can sense it too.
Matt: The first battle s are about to conclude. Who wins?! Next time on episode 244, Claire Knows the True Form of Life, Shirley Struggles!!
Shirley: AIYYY!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment