Saturday, June 22, 2013

Episode 246 - The Ticking Time Limit, Hieroglyphics of Existence!

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final match had made a wrong turn. Dragon appears along with Sammy, Benny, and Venus and they begin to explain the truth about their appearance. Van, Maggie, and Jenny are thrown into the Eternal Nothingness while Matt’s group follows along in search for them. Likewise, Alex and the other remaining students of the challenges are dropped into the same fate in the Eternal Nothingness. Will these students be stuck in there forever?
Episode 246 – The Ticking Time Limit, Hieroglyphics of Existence!

            Both Irene and Catt were fighting face-to-face while Emmy was out cold. At this point, Irene had an intense dislike for West Covina, and El Monte through a misconception. So far, almost every antagonist had appeared from West Covina but there are two more that have not appeared yet. Benny, previously known to be from Rosemead, is actually from West Covina. Sammy had also been in the same group to help work with him. The other student is Pilfer, is still nowhere to be found.
            Irene’s sword was thrown off her hands by Catt’s deflection. Catt jumped back down and her tail was erect. “Meow~ Isn’t it sad how my own tail could block all of your moves?”
            Irene grabbed her sword and then she said without fear, “You are only defending yourself. That is pathetic!”
            Catt giggled. “Awwwr, are you saying I’m not an attacker?”
            “A real warrior fights with force, not defense. You are just in my way!”
            Catt clapped her paw gloves together. “Oohoo! Meow!~ You better watch out for the timer then!”
            There was a small timer beside Emmy. “What?! Remove that timer!”
            “It’s a bomb!~ It won’t go away unless you beat me out cold.”
            “How will defeating you make it disappear?”
            “Cats can be really tricky, you know. Bombs are a part of my power. Once I lose, my energy decreases, and so will that bomb. As long as I’m here, it will not go away.” Irene grabbed the timer and then she began running as far as she could.
            Catt sprinted in front of her. “You can’t run away with that! I will not let you!” She gave a kick to Irene’s hand and the bomb went flying. Catt made a double-jump and then she safely caught it before it fell. “Nyan! You got about two minutes left. It was there for the past eight minutes.”
            Irene thought of an idea. “(If I just stall her for two minutes while she is holding onto that explosive, maybe it will only hurt her.)”
            “Now, all I have to do is put this ba-…”
            “Hey, you!” Irene called to her. “(I have to be distractive… I am not that kind of woman though.)” She began to blush. “(No, screw the trick. I am not like Catt! I am no trickster.)” Irene ran towards Catt. “Take this!!!” Her sword turned gray.
            Catt dropped the explosive and Irene almost sliced the bomb. She only scratched the corner of it and the bomb luckily fell softly to the floor. However, the bomb turned into a stone. Catt moved away from both Emmy and the explosive. “Oh!~ Look what happened now!”
            Irene headed over to the explosive but it was too heavy to carry. “Now you can’t even move it!” Catt teased her. The timer was now down to one minute. Irene was about to carry Emmy instead but Catt created a solid cage over her. “Your strategies won’t work on me! Whatever you try to do, you won’t progress. The only way is to beat me! (Although I know she’ll never beat me. Either way, her friend is gone for good!~ Nyan!)”
            Irene sped towards Catt but Catt’s own speed was even faster due to her cat reflex and feline speed. “You’re in my way!” Irene made her sword turn red. Every attack led out a spark of flames but Catt could easily avoid her. There was about fifteen seconds left!
            Catt made a cartwheel and then a double-back flip. “You’re missing!~” After five more seconds, Irene had no other choice. She headed towards Emmy and she stood between her friend and the explosive. Catt paused. “W-Wait, what are you trying to do now?” Irene made her sword turn gray again. “S-Stop what you’re doing!!”
            Irene yelled as she raised her sword, “If I have no other choice,” She said with five seconds remaining on the clock, “then I will just have to protect her with my own dying will!” She stabbed herself on the chest and she began turning to stone very quickly.
            The explosive could barely break through its own stone and it slightly hurt Irene who turned into stone herself. Catt was extremely in shock. Her heart skipped a beat. “What is this?!” She ran over to Irene. “What have you done?!” She knelt down, frightened. “I didn’t mean for this to go that far… I didn’t think you would sacrifice yourself…”
            She watched Emmy and she had to contemplate into killing Emmy now. “Having a friend sacrifice her life for you…” She thought twice about it. Finally, she gave a sigh. “I really am a bad person for making this happen again…”
 ~~~
            Jaime and Winny were making their way towards the same path as Shirley but they were still not able to find her. “Hey Winny, I feel as if we are really slow in our progress. Do you think the others have done something more productive?”
            “I don’t know. With Changmin, it doesn’t matter whether we’ve done something or not. Love is the most important thing!” She began cuddling with her Changmin ball.
            Jaime rolled his eyes. “It’s just a tennis ball…”
            “What did you say?!”
            “You have a nice sense of fashion.”
            “Oh thank you. You don’t though.” She said with her giddy personality.
            “That’s rude…”
            Winny suddenly became serious. “Excuse the other part of me. She does not know her respects.”
            Jaime began walking without her. “You’re difficult to understand. Just leave me alone!” He suddenly sat down. “You know what? Maybe we should just do nothing. That was the good life back on Earth – me doing nothing.”
            “Right. I remember the time after Echoville when you suddenly disappeared when we needed you in the Forest of Emille.”
            “Exactly. That was me slacking off.”
            “And at the same time, it was you making closer friends with Venus.”
            Jaime suddenly frowned. “I… know.”
            Winny still had her serious personality. “I’m sorry if I reminded you of her. You know, she might be here.”
            “How would you know that? The only people here are just our El Monte group and Van, and Maggie but nobody really cares about her right now.”
            Winny shook her head. “You might be right, but there is still a chance that there are others out there in this world.”
            “What is this world anyway?”
            “Is that really the time to think about it?”
            The last unidentified member of West Covina finally appeared. It was Pilfer, a man with a dark outfit along with his gothic material. “Venus is here.”
            Jaime stood up immediately. “What?! Who are you? Where is she?!”
            “Those are a lot of questions.” Pilfer said with his high-pitched voice. “First off, I was ordered to defeat the El Monte students. Might they be you? Eeeh!”
            Winny was beside Jaime. “Look out. This man could be dangerous.”
            “I need answers first! How the heck is Venus here?”
            “She’s here, but she’s not at the same time!” Pilfer began moving his body left to right like a punching bag. “Claire tells me she can feel the essence of El Monte’s loss. There are way too many of us, and all of our clashes so far have been victorious towards us.”
            “All of them lost?!”
            “Even Yessenia?” Winny added.
            “I can take a huge guess that she will lose pretty soon. She is fighting a friend of mine who can use a scythe. It can stab through anything if he wanted to.”
            “What are you trying to say?” Jaime asked.
            “My friend, Claire, is telling me that Alvin might be toying with her.”
            Winny took out her Changmin ball. “You shouldn’t be so arrogant now.” She suddenly turned giddy, “Come on, Changmin, let’s so that man what love can do!!”
            “What the hell is wrong with this bipolar girl?” Pilfer felt bothered. “She bugs me.” He took out a spiked wrecking ball.
            Jaime readied his shadows. “Those look much more dangerous than Raven’s spiked flail. What kind of power does this guy have in comparison to Raven?”
            Pilfer threw his wrecking ball towards the two students. “Winny moved away. “This is too easy. That wrecking ball is too small.” The ball suddenly turned two times larger.
            Jaime pushed Winny away. “Look out!” His left sleeve was sliced by the wrecking ball’s spikes. The two students fell to the ground.
            Winny clenched her fists. “Oh, that’s it! Changmin, show that man that you’re the stronger ball here!”
            Jaime stood in front of her. “That’s reckless! I know that Changmin ball somehow defeated people like Anietta and Medusai but this time it’s much too dangerous. His wrecking ball can kill your… er… ‘boyfriend’-…”
            “Yes, my boyfriend! <3 o:p="">
            “But anyway, let the power of shadows deal with this!” Jaime began to summon his shadows. “Here I go!”
 ~~~
            Meanwhile, Sith found Shirley lying on the ground. “Who might this girl be?”
            He could smell her scent with his bug powers. “She wreaks the same scent as Emmy? Could they have hugged at some point?” He thought to himself. “She doesn’t look harmful either.” He began to listen to her chest but there was no heartbeat. “She… didn’t make it, did she?” He frowned. “I should take her somewhere else for a proper burial.” He remembered the time when he made a burial for both of his parents. “Even when they went into the hospital, they weren’t able to make it… The best thing I can do for Emmy’s friend is give her the same treatment as my parents.”
 ~~~
            Alex and Romeo were being pummeled many times by Geddon’s drill attacks. They seemed endless now. Alex tried to use his Water Subordination ability but he could not make enough time to do so. The time between Geddon’s drill from underground and outward was only about one to two seconds and Alex needed more than four seconds to do so.
            Romeo tried to punch the ground so that his fissure attacks can stop Geddon from drilling through the gravel. Instead, Geddon flew out of the ground and then he manipulated the rock materials from down below. He began to create a tornado of debris around him. Romeo ran behind Alex, “What is he doing now?!”
            Alex ran behind Romeo, “You go first!”
            “No, you should do something!” Romeo alternated with Alex.
            Geddon threw his tornado at the two of them and both of them flew up high in the air. Alex tried to cast a water attack but he was too exhausted. Romeo was not even able to do anything in mid-air. The two of them fell but this time, they were out cold.
            Geddon wiped his hands. “That should conclude our battle. I thank the three of you students for making me have a splendid battle. I admit it was quite challenging.” He bowed.
 ~~~
            Matt, Nix, Dragon, Michael, and Maggie were in the deep abyss this time. They somehow made a clear landing even if they all clashed together at some point.
            “These hieroglyphics…” Michael said in amazement.
            Dragon and Maggie were in the back of the group, yelling at each other. Matt was off to the side, relieved that Maggie was actually okay. Nix was a bit annoyed but he decided to talk to Michael because he was the only person who was being serious about the issue of the abyss. “Michael person, what do you see?”
            Michael examined each of the hieroglyphics. “Strange… there are notable histories on Earth. Look.”
            Nix pointed at the water. “Ocean – created about 600 million years after Earth was formed?”
            Michael headed over to the other side of the room. “This is awesome. It’s a history of Earth! Look, there are dates when the first plants and trees have formed.”
            Nix tilted its head in confusion. “But why is this here?”
            Matt pointed at one of the glyphs. “This one is about the dinosaurs from millions of years ago.” He was at the center wall. Dragon and Maggie followed along.
            To the left, Dragon could read the history of Pangaea. Maggie was to Matt’s right side, reading the history of industrialization. “This is what the ‘humans’ call the new formation of artillery.” Maggie read.
            “Um… Why does the word ‘humans’ have apostrophes?” Matt wondered.
            Michael headed over to the group. “Let me see that.” After a few seconds, Michael began to walk away, pondering. “Hm… The bipedal species formed humans starting from the Sahelanthropus.”
            “I don’t get it. What are you saying?” Matt said stupidly.
            Michael pointed past the Homo sapiens. “The next group doesn’t really use the term ‘humans’ anymore.”
            “Why is that?” Maggie asked.
            Dragon added to the conversation, “It seems to make sense. As these years go by, liberals are ashamed that humans act too ‘human’ – the notion of having cruel personalities.”
            Nix began flying to the right side of the room. “Liberals? I’m not political!” Matt exclaimed.
            Maggie agreed with Dragon, “I think that guy is right. I’ve been hearing people saying stuff like ‘The human race is cruel. Even dogs are nicer.’”
            Nix called to the group. “Everybody look at this!”
            The students headed for the right-most hieroglyphic. Matt read the glyph, “The world’s end began soon – 1,000,000,000 A.D.”
            Dragon looked at the glyph right after 2009 A.D. “Weird. The glyphs start to look ugly after today’s date…”
            Nix panicked. “T-Then that means…!”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Dragon: These weird writings tell us the end of the world.
Matt: Are you sure? They’re just neon signs with words that I can barely even read.
Maggie: And it stops at this year! Who is doing this?
Michael: Do you think we have to alter the future?
Matt: How many times do we have to do this…
Yessenia: I cannot believe we are having trouble in this battle!
Van: Even my animals can’t do much for us.
Jon: Eh, I’m pretty much stuck.
Matt: How am I supposed to save ALL of my friends?
Dragon: There is still a possibility, Matt!
Matt: I don’t think there is a way to do that at this point! We’re in the Eternal Nothingness where infinity exists! Next time on episode 247, A Conclusion of our Losses, Hopeless Desires Rise!!
Winny: Go, Changmin!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment