Saturday, June 15, 2013

Episode 244 - Claire Knows the True Form of Life, Shirley Struggles!

Recently on Fires of the sky, the El Monte students returned to Earth only to find it still frozen. As they return to Arkon’s Magic, the six main students, Matt, Yessenia, Jaime, Alex, Venus, and Winny all enter a bridge that leads them to the Elemental Challenges! Without further delay, they were forced to attend as the six members for the challenges. After the challenge had finished, the final match had made a wrong turn. Dragon appears along with Sammy, Benny, and Venus and they begin to explain the truth about their appearance. Van, Maggie, and Jenny are thrown into the Eternal Nothingness while Matt’s group follows along in search for them. Likewise, Alex and the other remaining students of the challenges are dropped into the same fate in the Eternal Nothingness. Will these students be stuck in there forever?
Episode 244 – Claire Knows the True Form of Life, Shirley Struggles!

            “Why did you stop?” Matt watched the talon about an inch from his left eye.
            Dragon began shaking. “Y-You’re… the same as I am.” Dragon jumped away. “Even as of today… I still have no idea why I chose to live. I have nothing to live for. No parents, no siblings, no cousins, it’s just me in an orphanage home trying to study in high school. People always made fun of me, and they even thought it was hilarious to make ‘your mom’ jokes to me. She’s dead. She’s not fat, ugly, nor stupid. She’s gone. Yet, even if I tell them she is gone, they insist on laughing instead.”
            Matt watched him. “How much has it impacted you?”
            “What?”
            “Your family. How did you feel once they were all gone?”
            “After being killed in a drunk car crash, those bastards who hit my whole family made a run for it, and they’re still not caught. I felt lonely. After my family disappeared… I thought whatever happened next would just be nothing. Even if death was coming for me, I let it happen. It made me angry!! I even tried to shoot myself, but it was so hard for me to do it. Why can’t I just pull the trigger? There must be a reason why I chose to live, but I still don’t know why!”
            Matt began to realize even further. “I kept grieving over my missing friends, and I was afraid I was going to lose even more because of Venus. I think I know why we choose to live.”
            “What do you know about living?!”
            “In spite of losing what I lost… I want to continue and start anew without them. Maybe that’s why I still fought on, but at the same time I didn’t mind if I failed by dying.”
            Dragon made his talons go away as he closed his eyes. “Your name is Matt, right?” Matt nodded. “Let me tell you one thing, Matt. I fight for Colonel Artemis, not for my friends nor because I feel like you and your group should die. All I did was follow orders because I had nothing else to live for.”
            “I understood that a long time ago.”
            “Heh. Smart kid. I think I should go find my friends from West Covina.”
            “What happens if you do? You have nothing against Colonel Artemis’s plans since you’re just following orders, right?”
            “That’s true. In all honesty, I had to transfer the information to you guys and the last students in the Elemental Challenges on why we needed Venus to be executed but these is all Colonel Artemis’s words.”
            “Does this mean that your whole group is just following orders from a knight that I had been standing next to for several minutes…?!”
            “Probably. But why is he so interested in this?”
            “You said he used Venus to find information on Santi’s mysterious death right?”
            “Yes, but I feel as if his mysterious death isn’t the only reason why Colonel Artemis is so interested. There must be something about your group, or Venus, or Santi himself, that is making this man go crazy.”
            Matt tried to stand up. “I have to find my group and warn them about that knight then!”
            “You shouldn’t go alone. You’re injured.” Dragon made his scaly wings appear. “Guess what my powers are? Hehe!”
            “I already know!”
            “Stop knowing things before I explain them, damn it!” He carried Matt onto his back and they flew off.
 ~~~
            Layla noticed a white hallway was starting to form in front of her. She questioned why this would happen at this specific place and time until she saw Claire walking ahead. Layla his behind an endless white pillar. “Hm, who the hell is that?”
            Claire turned around. “If you really are curious, you can come along.”
            “Ergh- What do you take me for?”
            “An average woman. You don’t have to follow me if you don’t want to.”
            “An average woman, you say? I like that.” She flipped her hair. “Hmph, it seems men these days don’t know the beauty of women but you know it so well. I guess I’ll follow you.”
            Claire said nothing. The two of them entered the long archway with white pillars beside them. The area around them suddenly turned into a laboratory. “Welcome. This is the Eternal Nothingness’s true form.”
            “What is this place?!”
            “It is where artificial life is created.” She then stood next to a capsule. “And it is also where any true form of life is destroyed.” She opened the capsule and Layla could see Venus unconsciously floating in green water with a plain white bathrobe.
            Layla gasped. “I remember her! She’s from El Monte’s group. How come this place wasn’t shown before?”
            Claire began to clamp her hands together. “My power is to form artificial life into a true form, or vice versa, known as the power to link hearts together.”
            “What are you saying?”
            “I linked this dead world of eternal nothingness with the existence of elemental laboratories.”
            “So this is where powers are made?”
            “In a sense, yes.”
            “Where are all the scientists then?”
            “They have all died off. A man killed them all off, and now we do not have scientists to help provide a way out of the elemental powers. Instead, the remaining offspring made sure to turn these elemental power capabilities into traditions where only a small percentage of students grow up with it.”
            Layla laughed. “Hah! This is all stuff I don’t really care about. It really bugs me that we didn’t even get to see us victorious in the end of the Elemental Challenges.”
            “Is that your ambition, to be victorious over other schools?”
            “Of course. They’ve ruined our siblings’ lives since middle school!”
            “Them directly?”
            “Well, because of these powers-…”
            “Because of these powers, your rivals have become enemies.”
            “I guess you can say that.”
            “Then why can you not blame elemental powers? Is it because you are using it to do the same suffering towards your enemies?”
            Layla gasped. “Excuse me?!”
            “It is hypocritical of you to make enemies with those who were not enemies to begin with, young lady.”
            Layla made her hair extend. “Shut up!!!”
            Claire speedily formed a link between Layla and Venus and Layla immediately fainted, just as much as Venus is unconscious. “What a sad woman, treating these elemental powers as weapons.” She began to face Venus, “As for me, I will use it for destiny.” She began to giggle. “Don’t you worry, Venus. Your treacherous life will end very soon.”
 ~~~
            Shirley fell backwards, bouncing off the ground twice before she fell flat. “Augh!” She coughed. She could feel a few incoming scars growing. “Why do you even fight?”
            “It is to follow orders of Colonel Artemis!”
            “I don’t even know who that is!” She stood up again and then she casted an Iceberg. A large flat boulder slid towards Flynn but Flynn made it vanish with his memory of the iceberg’s nonexistence. “(Everything I make just disappears. How do I fight him like this?)”
            “If you don’t hurry and make a good plan now, I might end up making you vanish instead. Oho.”
            Shirley grinned. “Heh. Fine, if you want a plan, then you got it!” She began casting. “Watch out for the Ultimate… Shirley… Surprise!!!”
            “W-What?! What is it now?!”
            Shirley clapped her hands together and out came a large figure. “HAH! Fear this Teddy Bear!”
            Flynn began laughing. “BAHAHAHA! What the heck is this?! That is the saddest plan I have ever heard of. Why, of all things, summon a stupid teddy bear made of ice if one, I’m just going to make it vanish, and two, it won’t do anything?”
            “Hyah!!!” Shirley created an Icicle Rain above him and then an Ice Prism to tighten his arms as narrow to his body as possible. “Hehehehe! This looks like fun actually.” She began moving her hands in a spinning motion to control the Ice Prism. “Spin, spin, spin!”
            Flynn began spinning faster while the Icicle Rain struck him. “Augh! Ow! Stop that!”
            “I knew my Teddy Bear would make a good distraction!”
            Flynn began forcing his arms wider. “Ergh, you’re not going to bind me that easily!”
            Shirley began struggling as Flynn was set free. “Oh crap!” Shirley took a step back.
            Flynn pointed at her. “Instead of making you vanish in an instant, I’m going to show you what pain really feels like!” He created a memory of a light comet falling nearby her. Shirley began running in circles, barely avoiding the icy comets. “These comets are a secondary source of water which happened millions of years ago!”
            “I don’t care, get it away from me!!” One icy comet barely struck her as she fell over. Another struck her directly and she was suddenly almost out of energy. Flynn created another icy comet that flew directly towards her. She tried to get up, but it was almost impossible at this point. Her energy seemed to deplete faster and faster especially by how much energy she used when she was successful for a moment in the battle.
            Another icy comet struck her but luckily her elemental power is ice, therefore the impact was not as traumatic for her. Still, her energy was being taken away to the point that she wanted to faint. She was feeling dizzy. “E-Everyone… I…” She sat upwards. “All I ever wanted was to get set free.” She looked up at the purple sky. One last comet was flying directly towards her. “I know I won’t make it out, but I won’t blame anyone for bringing me here. It at least showed me… that I wasn’t even strong enough to fight against one person on my own. All this time I felt as if we were strong enough. I felt as if I was strong enough, but seeing as how Emmy is far ahead of me, there’s no point in impressing anyone anymore. To all of my friends out there, I’m… sorry.” The last ice struck her and she was completely out cold…
            Flynn watched her while he was floating in midair. “Hmph, I guess she died too soon.” He pointed at her again, making sure this time that she would die from one last icy comet. “Actually…” He thought. He flew down to check on her heartbeat. There was no thump coming from her chest. Her heart felt as if it stopped moving… “She’s gone for good, I see. Hehehe.” He began laughing louder. “Hahahaha!!!”
 ~~~
            Both Romeo and Alex were thrown to the ground after being struck by Geddon’s rock fist. Siyun teleported away and then she retraced the knives that she had thrown previously. “If you try any further, I believe you will hurt yourself. Please be obedient.” Geddon asked kindly as he punched the ground again. Siyun teleported and then she threw her knives from behind.
            Siyun distracted him with the knives and then she casted a Smokeball. While Geddon was not able to see, she quickly used a Paralysis Seal. Romeo was amazed. “Hey, she’s not so bad.”
            “Yeah, whatever. She cheats with all that smoke and stuff.” Alex pouted.
            The Paralysis Seal had no effect on Geddon and his golem ability. She knew knives and Pyregenetics were not effective techniques either. Geddon kicked the ground which caused the level to rise. He then kicked a large patch of earth towards Siyun. Siyun jumped away and then she tried to cast Speed Caster while he was trying to look for her. She then teleported back and forth from behind and ahead of Geddon which made him slightly confused.
            Geddon made several spins so that Siyun could not reach him. Even worse, Geddon also started sliding towards Siyun like a spinning top. Siyun casted Armor Enhancer on herself followed by Adamantine which made her withstand against Geddon’s swipes. Even through all of her defensive tactics, Geddon was still able to strike through her as she was thrown far away.
            “What?! Siyun lost?!” Romeo gulped. “We can’t fight him though.”
            Geddon turned around. “Only two more to go, and I have already taken out the stronger member of the group.”
            Alex said bravely, “She’s not a part of our group. You must be stupid to think that!”
            “So, you will not fight for her?”
            “You attacked us first, so of course we’ll fight you! I’m sure we’ll defeat you!” Alex shouted.
            Romeo became proud. “Ah! You really think so, Alex? I think so too!”
            “Not really but I hope he falls for the bluff.”
            “Wow…” Romeo turned around and then he crouched down in shame.
            Geddon began spinning again. His large body was molten into solid rock as he said robotically, “This should conclude our battle. Farewell.”
            Romeo punched the ground to make a Stalagmite appear while Alex casted an Aqua Strike towards the enemy. Geddon flew through the water streams and then he struck Romeo and Alex at the same time. Romeo was knocked down back onto the ground while Alex vanished. His original body formed into a stream of water and then he appeared from below the ground nearby Siyun. “Oh?” Geddon was surprised. “So you’re actually using a strategy now?”
            Romeo coughed out blood and then he examined Alex’s determined expression. “Was that a Water Subordination?”
            Alex began casting one of his large spells. “Come get me!”
 ~~~
-NEXT EPISODE PREVIEW-
Matt: On the next episode of Fires of the Sky…
Alex: What is wrong with this battle? We can’t coordinate!
Siyun: I guess you can say we are… ‘out of place’. Get it? Because the Eternal Nothingness has no time space-…
Alex: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get it.
Yessenia: Who is there?!
Jon: Uh… Yessenia…. I can’t move!
Yessenia: Your dispel powers are dispelled?!
Matt: And what the heck is this?
Maggie: It must be some kind of strange history to Earth.
Dragon: Does it show the future?
Matt: What does the hierarchy say? Next time on episode 245, Colonel Artemis, the Invisible Steps into the Abyss!
Shirley: Another abyss, really?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment