Episode 6: Artwork on the Bulletin Board
It was a free day for all of the students in Matt’s Physical Education class. Now that his teacher is gone, the substitute teachers are left with minimal plans by the original teachers. Students were talking to each other from all over the place. Matt was sitting down on a porch with a piece of paper and a pencil. Jen sat down next to him, “Thank goodness they let other students from different teachers come here. I get to talk to you today, hehe.” She smiled at Matt but as soon as she saw him drawing, she focused on his artwork. “Eh…? Drawing, hm? I seriously need to start again.”
Matt stopped, “You stopped drawing? How come?”
Jen decided to talk about her story, “Well, soon after you started drawing, I was motivated to draw Anime. It’s pretty interesting.”
“Yeah, but you draw Anime really good. Why would you stop all the sudden?”
Jen blushed, “S-Stupid, let me finish! Anyway, I don’t know why but I guess it’s all just about growing up. I don’t have that passion of drawing again. Although I wish I still did.”
Matt turned away and frowned, “What the hell is she trying to say?”
Jen went on, “But about you! You seem to be drawing better every year.” Matt turned to smile at her as he turned around once more.
“She’s insulting me again!” Matt said to himself.
Jen tapped his shoulders, “Hey, stop turning away!” She stood up and placed her hands on her hips, “You gotta do something about those eyes and blocky arms of your artwork, by the way. OHH! HO HO HO!~”
She walked away and Matt said in fear, “Eu… Scary.”
Shirley Cao watched as Jen left. She took a peek at Matt’s drawings, “Ooh you’re drawing people? Who are they?”
Matt pointed at two people, “That’s me and that’s Jen. We’re best friends since childhood.”
Shirley looked closely, “Best friends, huh? You two are facing back-to-back against a tree. It looks to me like-…”
“That means nothing! Damn. I can’t get some peace and quiet when I’m drawing?” Matt stood up and ran off with his materials.
Shirley crossed her arms, “Hmph! Don’t yell at me. You’re out at the blacktop with a bunch of loud students in three different classes for all I care.”
~~~
Matt ran towards the hall where the two offices were at. He took a look around. A few people were hanging out at that area. Matt went to the detention board, “Eugh… scary. That Danny guy has over 50 hours of detention already. What the heck happened to him anyway?” He decided to ignore his own question as he went to the bulletin board to see what’s new, “All these people are new teachers? Hm…” He focused on the new supervisors and teachers. He turned his head to a paper below, “Oh? Jen’s artwork is shown here. I thought she lost interest in drawing.”
He placed his hands on his pockets, “Huh, wait.” He looked closely at the bottom-right corner, “What the?! ‘By Jessica’? How can she draw exactly like Jen…? Unless…”
Matt peacefully walked into the attendance office and asked kindly, “Can I talk to Jess… Jessi… Jeesai… Er…”
The girl from behind one of the desks screamed out with a large piece of marker, “IT’S JEH-SIH-CAH! JESSICA!! What do you want?!”
Matt took a step back, “(Eu… scary…!!) I just wanted to say good job on the drawing. I think it’s nice.”
The girl suddenly stopped snapping, “Really? Eheh, thanks!”
Matt glared at her, “Can I see how you draw it?”
“Actually, it’s not my drawing. Someone in room 86 did it.”
Matt scratched his head, “Oh really? Tell me how to get there.”
The girl sighed as she snapped her fingers, summoning her counselor over. The counselor, Avalos, asked, “Yes? What is it, my star pupil?”
Matt slapped his head, “You’ve got to be kidding me…”
The girl ordered the counselor to describe how to get to room 86.
The counselor said quickly, “YES! Okay! First, as you leave this room, you turn right then go left on a cross-section after three doorways to the outside and go passed the kitchen by turning right and left on a few more corridors then right and you’re there.”
Matt’s head was zapping all over the place. “What the heck did you say?”
Jessica laughed, “Peh! Freshman.” She laughed along with her counselor. Matt clenched his teeth as he decided to leave.
“Idiots. I’ll show them that I can find room 86!!” Matt screamed with pride. Matt was about go start walking but he thought to himself, “Which way was I supposed to go again…?”
~~~
Shirley Cao and Joey were both walking together in the English hallway. She giggled, “Yes, Joey, I eat with my socks on, teehee. But as I was saying…” She turned to a person who was on the floor, “Oh- Oh my.” She pushed Joey away to the right side of the hallway’s cross-section, “Hey Joey I’ll catch up with you later. Be right back, I need to go to the restroom!”
Joey walked away, “Oh fine, whatever.” He left and Shirley dragged Matt into the girl’s restroom. Joey decided to take a peek at what Shirley was really doing. She was nowhere in sight. Joey said to himself, “Huh, so she really was telling the truth. She must have been in a hurry.”
In the girl’s restroom, Matt was coughing from exhaustion. Shirley slapped him, “Wake up!” Matt could not reply. He was too tired. Shirley summoned a small block of ice and it fell on Matt. It was seeping into Matt’s body heat.
Matt suddenly burst into anger, “GAH!! Don’t drop ice on me! You know that burns more when you have these fire powers. Ergh. Damn it!”
Shirley stood up, “Well, now you’re okay. Tell me what’s going on.”
Matt answered her, “Someone stole Jen’s artwork and placed it on the bulletin board so that everyone can see their piece of art! We have to go to room 86. That’s where the culprit is!”
Shirley rolled her eyes, “Oh whatever. Let’s just go. Here, our agenda has a school map.”
Matt froze in stupidity, “What… did you say…?” Matt grabbed Shirley’s agenda as he looked at the school map. He got angry, “Oh to hell with this! I took over an hour looking for this room!” He clenched the agenda as it burned into ashes.
Shirley screamed, “Gah!! You idiot. You burnt it to ashes! I want a new one. Pay me another twenty dollars!”
Matt looked away, “Oh please, like it costs that much.”
Matt was about to walk away as Shirley jumped on his back. She punched his head, “Come on, come on! You have to pay me back, damn you!”
A random girl walked into the restroom. She saw Shirley on top of Matt’s shoulders. She accused Shirley of attacking Matt because Matt violated a girl’s restroom. She screamed, “Eeek!!! Intruder!!” She did the same thing as Shirley by attacking Matt.
Matt coughed, “Aiy, aiyah, damn you people! Ergh!”
~~~
Matt was outside the building where room 86 is. He was all beat up from Shirley and the random girl. He shook his head, “I’m almost there.” He tried to open the doors but they were locked. Matt went to the sides of the doors as he began to burn the hinges so that they would rust off. Eventually, Matt was successful in opening the doors. He ran around the hall, looking for room 86. “84… 85… 86! There it is!” He barged into the room and some students were practicing their piano lessons.
Matt’s expression changed into an idiot, “Eheh… Uh… Is there a Jessica in here?”
Shirley raised her hand, “She’s at the attendance office.”
Matt was surprised, “WAH?! How did you get in here before I did?! Anyway, that’s not Jessica. She said the person is from room 86.”
The Piano teacher, Ms. Petty, kindly said to him, “Ah, you mean a girl. She came in here to say that she needed sheet music. That’s all. She left a few hours ago so I don’t know how outdated you seem to be. She was pretty short though.”
Matt frowned, “So she’s not in here?!”
Shirley screamed, “Get out of here, restroom-violator!”
Matt walked away, “Hey hey…”
~~~
Matt was pondering around the long single path that led to the other side of the school where the basketball courts were. Matt was thinking to himself, “This person is a girl, and she is short. All I have to do is look for a girl that matches perfectly with these two possibilities. Then, I can find the person who stole Jen’s art!”
Stan and Kalpesh arrived at where Matt was sitting. Matt was sitting next to the pole where the basketball was. Kalpesh placed his backpack onto the floor and asked, “Matt? What are you doing here?”
Matt answered him, “I need to look for someone. If only I could go back in time to search for this idiot…” He paused for a moment and then he suddenly stood up, “That’s it! I can go back in time!”
Stan rolled his eyes in annoyance, “Eh? What the heck are you talking about?”
Matt jumped, “EEhh?! N-Nothing. I got to go!” He ran away and he came up with the plan.
~~~
“NO. I will not do it, Matt.” Santi crossed his arms.
“Please, why can’t you? You abuse your powers all the time!”
Santi poked at Matt’s chest, “I would get too tired of I abused my powers. Can’t you at least narrow down the time to when you assume the artwork was there?”
Matt looked away, “Not really. I-…”
“That concludes it. I can’t help you.”
Matt looked at the board, “But! Santi, please? Come on…!” Suddenly, the artwork was taken down while another was placed. Matt could only see the hand. “By Jessica, again?!”
Matt barged into the attendance office and Santi followed him. Jen was on the floor, crying, “Why? Why did you do that?!” There was a bunch of shattered pieces of paper on the floor.
Matt noticed the papers as he picked some up, trying to put them together. Eventually, he figured it out, “What the?!” He clenched onto the papers and said angrily to Jessica, “You did this, didn’t you? Ergh, Santi, come on, I know how we can settle this.” He dragged Santi back outside.
Santi said angrily, “I already told you I can’t help you!”
Matt laughed, “Hah, but unlike before, I know the actual time to reverse.” Santi stared at him in confusion.
~~~
Time was reversed to a few minutes before Matt and Santi were talking outside the attendance office. Matt quickly turned to the old artwork that was still on the bulletin board, “Awesome! Santi, let’s go in now!”
Santi gave Matt a pat on the head, “Now you’re getting somewhere! Heh!” He happily followed Matt into the attendance office. From across the room, Jen was talking to Jessica. They were far enough to not worry about Matt and Santi. The both of them hid behind the counter to listen.
Jessica said in annoyance, “I’m not going to place that for choir! Are you kidding me?”
Jen had the sheet music in her hands. “But, I love my choir class. I want them to have the class sing kind songs such as Disney music. You even promised the exchange of my artwork for the choir system to change.”
Jessica gave out her hand, “Alright, give me the other artwork you gave me. I’ll think twice about it then.”
Jen quickly took out her other artwork, “H-Here. Please, take it into consideration!”
Jessica took the artwork and walked towards the bulletin board. She took the old one away and replaced it with another artwork. She walked towards Jen, “Well, now we won’t need this old piece of junk. Hehe.”
Matt whispered, “Oh no!” He stood up and yelled, “Hey Jessica!”
Jessica gasped, “Huh?”
Matt took out his artwork, “Look at mine. I think mine is better.”
Jen jumped, “W-What did you say?!”
Matt walked towards Jessica and he handed over his artwork and Jessica placed Jen’s old artwork on the table. Jessica ripped Matt’s artwork, “This is crap!”
Matt laughed, “Oh don’t worry! Santi is already in the room behind us, telling the administrators about everything you made Jen do.”
Jessica turned red, “WHAT?! No… no…! Why?! No!!!”
~~~
A few minutes later, the principal was lecturing Jessica and occasionally yelling at her. Jen said to Matt and Santi, “Wow you guys, why did you do this?”
Matt chuckled, “Eheh, I didn’t want her to rip your artwork.”
Jen joked, “Why, because it’s really great?~” Matt agreed and Jen continued, “What? But you said yours is better.”
Matt agreed again, “I know.” He turned to Santi, “Let’s go Santi. We need to get back to our class.”
Santi went along, “Alright, let’s go.”
As they were leaving, Jen said to herself, “… ‘I know’…?”
Matt was thinking in his mind, “And so there it was. All this time I was chasing after Jen, the girl who happened to be short. Jessica had to confess to the principal that she was making Jen give her artwork in exchange of having Jen’s choir class do something she liked. I sacrificed my artwork so that Jen’s drawing didn’t get ripped… but that doesn’t matter. A girl like her won’t get mad at me for saving her artwork, right? WAIT! Aw, crap! Speaking of girls getting mad, how am I going to confront Shirley from now on?!”
~~~
Matt: On the next chapter, Jen's best friend, Lisa, shows her debut! She begins to tell Jen about why I have slightly changed mainly because of who I hang out with now. Jen becomes curious about it as she starts to stalk me.
---- Next chapter preview:
Jen: Hey! You're talking about me, aren't you?!
Matt: What?! Oh, no, hehe. Bye bye!
Jen: Hm, come to think of it, he seems to be hiding something from me. He's got a good idea though. I'll follow him!
Matt: Next chapter... Matt's Identity Revealed?!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment